Jack Townsend

Sep 4, 2020
After my second encounter with Meera, I called Ayewn the male Volchan cop. My Straight MC had sex with him. But my Sexual Orientation did not change to either Bisexual or Bicurious. Is this a developer oversight?

WazawaiDa

May 8, 2023
After my second encounter with Meera, I called Ayewn the male Volchan cop. My Straight MC had sex with him. But my Sexual Orientation did not change to either Bisexual or Bicurious. Is this a developer oversight?
This does look like an oversight. I looked around in the scripts, and the second Ayewn encounter doesn't affect the sexuality at all.

At the start of the game if you select the pink options the game checks if the player is Bicurious or not (and later Bi) and changes the sexuality accordingly. But in this case I guess the dev must've assumed that this late into season 1 if someone is picking an M/M option, they've already had their sexuality adjusted during previous scenes.

That, or the dev actually agrees with the MC's belief that "it's not gay if it's with an alien", lol

Reactions: Jack Townsend

Jack Townsend

Sep 4, 2020
This does look like an oversight. I looked around in the scripts, and the second Ayewn encounter doesn't affect the sexuality at all.

At the start of the game if you select the pink options the game checks if the player is Bicurious or not (and later Bi) and changes the sexuality accordingly. But in this case I guess the dev must've assumed that this late into season 1 if someone is picking an M/M option, they've already had their sexuality adjusted during previous scenes.

That, or the dev actually agrees with the MC's belief that "it's not gay if it's with an alien", lol
I doubt it's because of the "it's not gay if it's an alien" belief. Remember that your orientation moves to Bicurious simply for watching Fox get sucked off and for peeking at alien gangbang memories and fantasies. So, I think it's definitely an oversight.

Reactions: WazawaiDa
Feb 12, 2022
I got the feeling that the tracking of sexual orientation in Chapter 1 is somewhat spotty. My MC was completely gay from the beginning (from M.A.X. to Lancelot) but the interface still said "straight" for the longest time.

That said, the last scene in Chapter 1 allows the MC to state his sexual orientation, and at the beginning of Chapter 2 you get a chance to manually input sexual orientation and kinks as you see fit.

Jack Townsend

Sep 4, 2020
I wish there was a mod that let me pick more than one primary love interest. Or at least, a mod that allowed me to access and view all the extra scenes that come with picking a primary love interest. I'm a completionist at heart. And my goal was to get all the Gallery and Spank Bank scenes for every female character in the game in one playthrough. Sadly, that won't be possible because of this "Primary Love Interest" mechanism. That is unless a hero modder/patcher comes along to fix the "problem." ;)

WazawaiDa

May 8, 2023
I'm a completionist at heart. And my goal was to get all the Gallery and Spank Bank scenes for every female character in the game in one playthrough.
I get it. In my case, I wanted to get a complete gallery for all the characters. With the M/M and M/F split paths in Season 1, though, that becomes impossible way earlier. And also sometimes the game can just have very obscure scenes that you can only get in very specific ways. While messing around with save editing and looking at the code, I found out that, for example, there is a Sam scene that appears only if you get Fiora's 2nd ending in her introduction. This is why I really wish there was a universal gallery of some kind.

Also, I'm sorry to say, if you've been playing as a strictly Straight MC, you've probably already missed out on a few gallery unlocks anyway. During the first Lancelot event, when the SPH fetish is introduced, you can get a Fiora gallery image out of the fantasy sequence. There's also Ci-Ci, who gets all of her Felix threesome scenes in her gallery (the ones with Dan, Raz and MC).

That is unless a hero modder/patcher comes along to fix the "problem."
I guess it could be theoretically possible to modify the code to allow for multiple PLIs. It would be pretty funny, though, without any dialogue/scene rewrites. Like if you select all five characters during the initial choice, and then have to watch five long titanic sequences in a row.

Reactions: Jack Townsend

Jack Townsend

Sep 4, 2020
I get it. In my case, I wanted to get a complete gallery for all the characters. With the M/M and M/F split paths in Season 1, though, that becomes impossible way earlier. And also sometimes the game can just have very obscure scenes that you can only get in very specific ways. While messing around with save editing and looking at the code, I found out that, for example, there is a Sam scene that appears only if you get Fiora's 2nd ending in her introduction. This is why I really wish there was a universal gallery of some kind.

Also, I'm sorry to say, if you've been playing as a strictly Straight MC, you've probably already missed out on a few gallery unlocks anyway. During the first Lancelot event, when the SPH fetish is introduced, you can get a Fiora gallery image out of the fantasy sequence. There's also Ci-Ci, who gets all of her Felix threesome scenes in her gallery (the ones with Dan, Raz and MC).

I guess it could be theoretically possible to modify the code to allow for multiple PLIs. It would be pretty funny, though, without any dialogue/scene rewrites. Like if you select all five characters during the initial choice, and then have to watch five long titanic sequences in a row.
Thanks for the info. It's a shame that a completionist run isn't possible. Oh well, it is what it is. As for the Titanic sequences, instead of showing five sequences in a row, would it be possible to splice them together into one long one?

Oct 12, 2018
Thanks for the info. It's a shame that a completionist run isn't possible. Oh well, it is what it is. As for the Titanic sequences, instead of showing five sequences in a row, would it be possible to splice them together into one long one?
I think a completionist run is possible because the permanent gallery is available in patreon version right?
Or am I mistaken?

WazawaiDa

May 8, 2023
As for the Titanic sequences, instead of showing five sequences in a row, would it be possible to splice them together into one long one?
It's definitely possible, but would be a much more involved process than just editing how some variables and conditionals work.

I think a completionist run is possible because the permanent gallery is available in patreon version right?
Or am I mistaken?
I know some other games that do this, but SpaceCorps, afaik, does not have a patreon-only build, no. The patrons do get an early release, but it's the same game that everyone gets a week later.

I think the tied-to-save galleries were just easier to implement for Ranli, but making a permanent one should definitely be possible. The scene replay aspect might complicate things, but I've definitely seen other RenPy VNs that have that before.

Reactions: Kane_Freeman
May 10, 2023
I do like the Avavexi, with their feral nature and rough sex. Especially because apparently Jimmi might just be part Avavexi considering how beastlike he can be with them. Also i hope the pregnancy scene continues, i wanna see where that leads.

Oliz82

Mar 15, 2021
Hello.

I just had to change my computer so I'll wait for next update to replay the game (well, if I don't trigger a warning with this one too :rolleyes:).

The first March update teaser is up.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I'm wondering how Cole scene's will play with a second season only playthrough since we never interacted with him, nor selected the type of relationship with him before, outside his dreams where we can do anything.

Good continuation.

WazawaiDa

May 8, 2023
I'm wondering how Cole scene's will play with a second season only playthrough since we never interacted with him, nor selected the type of relationship with him before, outside his dreams where we can do anything.
I looked this up before because I was curious. If you start from Season 2, Cole and the MC are rivals by default, unless you pick him as a PLI, in which case they are lovers.

perles75

May 16, 2020
ha, that's a fun information, which totally makes sense as Cole and Jimmi are set as standard rivals at the beginning; it would make no sense to be more specific like bully or sub or similar.

4.10 star(s) 165 Votes