Flash Abandoned SpacEscape [v.02.03.20] [UrielManX7]

4.00 star(s) 5 Votes

dusty stu

Jan 24, 2018
Yo, the instructions say to use a controller, but the game doesn't register inputs from my 360 controller.

??

Ver Greeneyes

Nov 26, 2019
Not sure if older versions would work but the latest version hangs for me while the main menu is expanding after I "press start".

DoorFive

Dec 3, 2019
Yo, the instructions say to use a controller, but the game doesn't register inputs from my 360 controller.

??
Use JoyToKey. It's a free downloadable program that let's you configure keyboard buttons to external controllers. I use it for quite a few games.

Currently the Dev Uriel is putting in the last two enemies into the gallery. They will not be fightable. A wasp, and a jellyfish...thing? yeah. After that, the focus will go onto a Chibi version to test the future of SpaceScape on godot. At this point and time, we are at the "Legacy" version. The current game, or more appropriately(?), the demo, will not be getting any major updates besides the Wasp and Jelly fish.
Problem is, Flash keeps crashing on him anytime he does something, along with corrupt files. He says it has him depressed about it. A user on discord tried to talk to him about abandoning the flash if it's causing so much problems in favor for starting the godot game, hopfully we'll see some sort of progress.

belmontzar

Oct 5, 2017
its kinda sad to see him being depressed about this game, on the other hand its nice to see it being mentioned again, since this is one id been following for a while. I really like this sort of 2d, metroidvania game, This one and Grimhelm's Metroid Vania were two I had hoped to see get finished. I hope he finds a way to continue the game, but im not gonna bother him about it. I like what has been done and hope to see more games like this.
Are there any other games in this style that I can check out?

Furabia

Donor
Jun 23, 2019
Jesus how old is this game now? I think I remember playing it like a decade ago or something... it just showed up here for me and some nostalgia came back. Tough it seems to still be in development hell as I remember too... quite a shame really.

Foxy35

Mar 17, 2019
its kinda sad to see him being depressed about this game, on the other hand its nice to see it being mentioned again, since this is one id been following for a while. I really like this sort of 2d, metroidvania game, This one and Grimhelm's Metroid Vania were two I had hoped to see get finished. I hope he finds a way to continue the game, but im not gonna bother him about it. I like what has been done and hope to see more games like this.
Are there any other games in this style that I can check out?
i have also been following this game for a while. looking for something similar

DoorFive

Dec 3, 2019
How do I unlock the gallery in this? I escaped, but it doesn't seem to appear.
Hello! You already beat Normal? Awesome! Normal unlocks Hard mode, and Hard mode unlocks Easy mode. Beat Easy to unlock the gallery.
One other thing; You MUST collect the heart cards that drop from enemies for their gallery animations to appear in the gallery.

Post edit; You should collect about 3 heart cards per foe.

Reactions: Dingle-hauf

Mr. Pilchard

Mar 12, 2018
Wow, that is a very obnoxious way to unlock the gallery. I don't even know if it's worth it.
no, it doesn't worth it :/
there is a nerw version, but knowing this guy, it is going to be the exact same demo with some minor bug fixes
i hope to be wrong but it has been the same sht for almos 10 years now

Mr. Pilchard

Mar 12, 2018
Then I don't understand why you talk about that version as if it's some mystery what has been added or changed in it. You can download an play it right now.
it's the same game from 11 years ago, just some new images and i think it will never be finished. i'm trying to make a game in unity, but lack te knowledge to program most things, and still, i think i'll finish my game than this guy making an actual update.
sorry if i make it sound confusing, i'm not native english speaker :c

DoorFive

Dec 3, 2019
one of the major improvements is the bug fixes. Also there is the wasp and...Jelly? yeah jelly...fish tentacle thing too.
however those two do not appear in game and are their own files for viewing pleasure.

if someone is having trouble finding items etc, I recommend watching this video

4.00 star(s) 5 Votes