HTML Spirit's Secret [v0.0.9] [a_furbyz]

3.00 star(s) 5 Votes

megaera

Nov 12, 2016
Agenda days are in french. There's no Sundays.
Washing dishes link is dead, as per save.

Last edited:
Aug 22, 2017
Yes, time passes automatically upon the completion of an action, but opportunities are not cut off; just come back another day. The schedule will help you find where the family is.
No it's not just doing activities. When the game started I went into a bedroom, saw there was an activity, but I didn't want to do it (cause I literally just started the game) so I click on another room to see what options were available there, and the time advanced. So just going into a room is locking you into that time advancement, regardless of if you do an activity in it or not.

funnyman133

Mar 16, 2018
Yes, time passes automatically upon the completion of an action, but opportunities are not cut off; just come back another day. The schedule will help you find where the family is.
Just my personal opinion, but one I suspect a lot of people will agree with. Having time lost on movement is a terrible design for what appears to be a sandbox game. It doesn't add anything to the play experience and generally discourages exploration, which is one of the primary benefits of a sandbox to begin with. Sandbox games can be a little overwhelming anyways trying to find all the events when you need to check all locations, at each time slot, potentially on each day, and then have to keep rechecking as you progress and potentially unlock new events. Adding time loss to simple movement just makes all of that exponentially more grindy, unless you want people to abuse the back button which also doesn't seem like great design.

Feedback on that mechanic aside, I really like what I've seen so far in the game. Interesting premise, good models, and a nice UI.

a_furbyz

Game Developer
Jun 14, 2020
Just my personal opinion, but one I suspect a lot of people will agree with. Having time lost on movement is a terrible design for what appears to be a sandbox game. It doesn't add anything to the play experience and generally discourages exploration, which is one of the primary benefits of a sandbox to begin with. Sandbox games can be a little overwhelming anyways trying to find all the events when you need to check all locations, at each time slot, potentially on each day, and then have to keep rechecking as you progress and potentially unlock new events. Adding time loss to simple movement just makes all of that exponentially more grindy, unless you want people to abuse the back button which also doesn't seem like great design.

Feedback on that mechanic aside, I really like what I've seen so far in the game. Interesting premise, good models, and a nice UI.
The issue is that the user needs to sleep. I check the player's progress and trigger events at night to advance the story. If you have an idea on how to move the player without passing time but still let them sleep, I'm interested. I'll see if I can limit actions to interactions like talking to someone, spying, etc. But I need to test it. I'm taking note of your feedback, thank you.

Reactions: divi-dead
May 6, 2020
when i finish helping little sister with the reviewing it says i should talk to her buth when in do nothing changes and ofcourse the moment i post this and try again it changes

Trempeur

Jul 26, 2018
Mother
Hello. I'm your mother.

Lucien
My mother?

Mother
Yes. You've lost your memory. Something strange happened to you in the forest.

Lucien
I don't remember anything.

Mother
Don't worry. I'll help you get your memory back.

Lucien
All right.
Jesus Christ, did a different person write the dialogues?

dmohr40

Jul 21, 2017
Fail. 1. Enter a room, leave and it's the next time period. 2. Job at the bar and you have to memorize something? What about those like me) that have memory issues? 3. French is ok for those fluent in French, so checking the agenda working from Mardi (the only French I know is Tuesday) and applying context, but maybe an addition for those (mainly idiot Americans that only understand english) some english translation.

funnyman133

Mar 16, 2018
The issue is that the user needs to sleep. I check the player's progress and trigger events at night to advance the story. If you have an idea on how to move the player without passing time but still let them sleep, I'm interested. I'll see if I can limit actions to interactions like talking to someone, spying, etc. But I need to test it. I'm taking note of your feedback, thank you.
Well typically there just won't be any other actions available by a certain time slot so the player has to sleep to go to the next day. I think your game does fit this model from what I've seen so far, and if you're worried about ease of use you can always add a "home" button to the sidebar to allow the player to easily get back to their room and sleep options without having to manually navigate all the way there.

There are also options like adding some javascript function to check time and automatically redirect the player to bed/sleep once they are past a certain time period.

Edit: Checked again and realized you don't actually have a "sleep" option in the player's room. I would definitely advise adding that since you already have set up a system where characters have different schedules day to day so I would foresee wanting the ability to "skip" all or parts of days in the future if I am chasing specific scenes.

Reactions: divi-dead

Deleted member 6643706

Game Developer
Oct 26, 2023
*Searches sister's room in morning*

*Gym is closed at night*

Bruh, how slow is this dude searching?
Oh, okay, I need to set up a system so that the user can decide on their relationship with women. Noted, thank you.
No need for setting up any system , use "<<textbox "$momname or $sisname etc" "Default">>" , I haven't played your game , yet. Just cruising through threads.

Killer94

Feb 4, 2018
someone has a narcissistic behavior i see :KEK:
Screenshot 2023-10-27 195524.png
in all seriousness here is a minor typo that should be fixed

Reactions: a_furbyz
3.00 star(s) 5 Votes