[Stable Diffusion] Prompt Sharing and Learning Thread

Mr-Fox

Jan 24, 2020
Does anyone have a method using stable diffusion to upscale and denoise low quality photos?
I would rather go with SD upscale extension than the normal upscale. It's very similar to hiresfix in that it not only makes th e image larger but also improves it and it's details. Going with a somewhat low denoise strength is probably necessary in order to keep as much of the original image as possible. Outside of SD I can recommend photoshop and it's smart sharping filter. This also has a denoising setting. Then there is Topaz Gigapixel, that is "AI" based photo enhancement software. It works but I'm not that impressed with it. It's worth a try though.

Mr-Fox

Jan 24, 2020
For the sake of completeness, i ran basically the same prompt using an extension partitioning the image into 3 areas, top, middle, bottom.
Generally this make it easier to "force" things assuming what ever you are creating can actually fit with the "pieces" you make.
While it's considerably more consistent with the colors of top and pants, you see there's still some problems, hair is better too, but still quite a few misses. You can probably fix this with weighting as the prompts are limited to each section, unlike normal, so the weighting wouldn't be as likely to bleed into other areas. I didn't do that in this case because i tried to keep the prompt (and weighting) the same for comparison.
Image width (aspect) was changed because there was a lot of decapitations which made seeing the hair a bit of an issue.

View attachment 2859189
There is an extension focused on colorbleed, SD webui Cutoff. It works but is not without flaws.

(tutorial)

1692356398993.png

Synalon

Jan 31, 2022
Just for those that haven't noticed yet, if you are using automatic1111 check extensions for StyleSelectorXL. It doesn't just work with SDXL, it lets you select styles and although you don't see it until the image is generated and you check the info it adds the prompts to turn it into the selected style.

If you are using SDXL but don't understand comfyui yet, there is also an extension to add the refiner. That way you can select the base model generate the image and have the refiner selected to add the final steps. Instead of having to switch between them.

Reactions: Mr-Fox

Artiour

Sep 24, 2017
I'm thinking about training LoRA with only characters (png format background removed), has anyone tried it

Dagg0th

Jan 20, 2022
I'm thinking about training LoRA with only characters (png format background removed), has anyone tried it
Any particular reason why?

I mean, if you describe the background when you are captioning your images, the AI can discard it for you, and replace it for whatever you want when prompting, assuming you did not overcook the Lora, of course.

But as an experiment it should be very interesting, my Abbigail Lora then to put a lot of wooden walls when indoors, because the original images have a lot of wooden walls, they then to bleed it depending on weight and model, should be interesting to see what happens when no background is present in the original image.

Reactions: Artiour

Artiour

Sep 24, 2017
Any particular reason why?

I mean, if you describe the background when you are captioning your images, the AI can discard it for you, and replace it for whatever you want when prompting, assuming you did not overcook the Lora, of course.

But as an experiment it should be very interesting, my Abbigail Lora then to put a lot of wooden walls when indoors, because the original images have a lot of wooden walls, they then to bleed it depending on weight and model, should be interesting to see what happens when no background is present in the original image.
you pretty much explained why, but another reason is when resizing images to 1:1, I red an article that says to add white space to the short side of the image but I don't want that space to be in the generated images (I haven't tried it tho)

Mr-Fox

Jan 24, 2020
It all comes down to what you want to do with the Lora. The use scenarios you have in mind dictates how you will train it. I don't see any need for having a background for the sake of the character or the Lora other than if it's helps with placing the character in 3d space. The checkpoint you are using can provide the background. For anyone who wants more separated control over both the character and the background as well as the general composition, latent couple is great for this. If you also combine it with for instance openpose then you have all the control you could ever need. Sounds very interesting to try a Lora without any background. I'd say go for it and let us know how you get on with it. If it doesn't work out you can always revert back to images with a background but with this gained knowledge.

FreakyHokage

Sep 26, 2017
anyone have a bestiality lora model to bless me with?
The only place that actually has any bestiality lora is pixai but all of their downloads are disabled by whoever created them.

Honestly, I hate when people do that shit. They make a lora or checkpoint that they know people will like and then disable it so nobody can use it.

me3

Dec 31, 2016
Due to taking (bad) advice when starting to train embeddings and loras, the images i used had a "fixed" background. The claimed reason was for consistency and to make it easier to "filter out". HOWEVER, due to the fact i've run hundres of training runs on those images trying to find the best settings and settings that would work for multiple sets, i easily started to notice things that remained the same over all of them. One of those things were the background. Yes you can filter it out in the training captions, but despite that there was clear signs that the background information was included in the finished training. In the case of background you can start noticing it if you generate images where a background isn't specified directly or by "scene". So in the case of having a "neutral" plain simple background the images would very often have a much of the same. IE just a plain single colored wall, making the images seem empty and dull.

When i changed to having random backgrounds, that was more natural and life like, the default backgrounds in generation also became more lively and detailed. It also seemed to have an effect on better lighting in images but probably mostly due to the more varied lighting in the images and the more natural setting there.
Also, when training, you don't actually need to caption things that is different in each image, but you do need to caption everything that is the same that you DON'T want to train. So in the case of a character/person, if the background is the same (even just empty) in all your images you have to caption it otherwise you get that linked to the character, but if the background is different in all of them the AI sees that this is a person in multiple different locations.
The same applies to other things as well, like expressions, poses, and even cloths in a lesser extent.

So as a tldr; keep everything you don't want to learn different in each image and the things you want to learn as close to the same as possible

me3

Dec 31, 2016
Out of boredom i thought i'd give Fooocus a try as it claims to run SDXL on pretty low specs and it seems to be true.
Images all got the same basic prompt, there's nothing in the filedata (far as i've seen atm), not much relevant info to give, if you just look at the ui it shouldn't be too hard to see why that is.
Anyway just thought i'd share some of the test results. Similar results can probably be created with other UIs on the SDXL model as there's nothing much besides a really simplified UI being used.
fooocus (5).png

fooocus (1).png fooocus (2).png fooocus (3).png fooocus (4).png

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

me3

Dec 31, 2016
i "recreated" a similar prompt (to the large image), never really got the chance to work on finding a good seed or tweak the prompt cause things broke completely for me after a few images. So i can't even load the SDXL model again now, but if anyone is interested the prompt, as far as i got, should be in the image data.

00003-924026384.png
00001-4069027772.png 00002-1520687688.png 00004-2484495013.png

(Updated: running this prompt on sd1.5 models has been quite the disappointment so far, fairly bland and empty backgrounds, "body" is basically just a Robo cop type armor/body :( )

Last edited:

me3

Dec 31, 2016
Is there any prompts or LoRA's that can make realistic and consistent eyes View attachment 2869222
what do you mean by "realistic eyes"?
You can get very detailed and "correctly looking" eyes just with adding (and weighting) by adding detailed eyes, adding in other tags to focus on details in the image as a whole can improve it further. Unfortunately the "quality" of the eyes will drop the further away they are, since there's less pixels to make those details with.
If you're more thinking of things closer to dead eyes, looking spaced out, uninterested etc, adding things like looking at viewer or specific direction or objects fixes some of those things. Don't use focus/focusing on <object>, that makes the camera/view focus on that thing. There's also the good old crosseyed for negatives, it can often fix other eye related issues too as it makes eyes get more attention in general.

me3

Dec 31, 2016
View attachment 2870906

Randomly testing to get black and white and colour in certain places and it didn't come out to bad so I thought I would share.
Not looked at the prompt nor model used, but i came a cross a model that might fit the "style" of this kind of images. No idea if the model is actually any good yet as i've not tested it and it's still being developed, but might be worth a try or keeping an eye on.

The description said:
Lomostyle is nod to analog/lo-fi photography. Of which, the most consistent commonalities is the use of film over digital. This can be black and white film, reverse color, color negative, ect.. combined with cross processing techniques that would involve physical manipulation of the film. Overall, you can think of the aesthetic as being 'vintage'.

Reactions: DD3DD and Mr-Fox

Synalon

Jan 31, 2022
Not looked at the prompt nor model used, but i came a cross a model that might fit the "style" of this kind of images. No idea if the model is actually any good yet as i've not tested it and it's still being developed, but might be worth a try or keeping an eye on.
I'll give it a try, thanks for the heads up.

me3

Dec 31, 2016
Continuing my prompt testing on SDXL in different "tools", just to see how it works, or if i can even get it to run, i've gotten to comfy...
If it hadn't taken 51min to do the generating with upscaling i'd try to improve things like the face, yea, not happening with that sort of time.
(without upscaling it's obviously much faster, but still...)

comfy_0001.jpg

Reactions: Mr-Fox