[Stable Diffusion] Prompt Sharing and Learning Thread

HardcoreCuddler

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
How can this be fixed ?
OutOfMemoryError: CUDA out of memory. Tried to allocate 128.00 MiB (GPU 0; 4.00 GiB total capacity; 2.19 GiB already allocated; 0 bytes free; 2.30 GiB reserved in total by PyTorch) If reserved memory is >> allocated memory try setting max_split_size_mb to avoid fragmentation. See documentation for Memory Management and PYTORCH_CUDA_ALLOC_CONF
you need to generate smaller images. Best I could get with 4GB was around 512x512

Reactions: onyx and Mr-Fox

KBAC

Oct 17, 2021
Depends on when you get that message. If it's when you're loading the model (and you aren't already starting with this option), you need to add --lowvram to the command when launching.
If it's when generating images, you can try reducing the width/height of the image.

By the looks of it you got a 4gb graphics card but it's only able to allocate 2.3gb, so there's something else running that's eating much of your it, you could try closing any other software that's running before launching and see if it can use more of the vram as well.
The problem is that I have a video card with a large amount of memory.

me3

Dec 31, 2016
would have been a lot easier if you'd actually said that from the start considering there's nothing in the error you pasted that suggest it.
What card is also rather relevant considering things work better/easier with nvidia.
Without knowing anything about your system, there's a possibility that there's an onboard gpu being used and not the actual graphics card, the card can be unsupported, or you might have not set it up correctly so the config isn't even set to use the card

Dagg0th

Jan 20, 2022
How can this be fixed ?
OutOfMemoryError: CUDA out of memory. Tried to allocate 128.00 MiB (GPU 0; 4.00 GiB total capacity; 2.19 GiB already allocated; 0 bytes free; 2.30 GiB reserved in total by PyTorch) If reserved memory is >> allocated memory try setting max_split_size_mb to avoid fragmentation. See documentation for Memory Management and PYTORCH_CUDA_ALLOC_CONF
It says you have a 4GB memory GPU

check your task manager and confirm it
Screenshot_28.png

If true, try to generate a low resolution image,

Reactions: Mr-Fox

HardcoreCuddler

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
check that you're actually using that card for stable diffusion and not some integrated graphics. Idk how, check GPU usage in MSi afterburner when stable diffusion is running or something

Reactions: Mr-Fox

felldude

Aug 26, 2017
sick design, actually.
Kinda offputting that this GPU has...are those USB ports? :))) AI's are awesome
ComfyUI_00705_.jpg

Lol yeah

Well part of that is trying to train the duel text encoders CLIP-ViT/L & Open CLIP-ViT/G with a program that doesn't recommend it...With a new concept (GPU and graphics card prompts will draw motherboards, and all kinds of stuff in SD XL)

The other part was my training was brute forced with small latents at a very high learning rate, with one epoch

Last edited:

felldude

Aug 26, 2017
Intel claims training at Full FP32 @ 467.7 Images a second with 116 Batch size on a $1600 dollar processor

I'm not sure what the latent size was but Intel is known for some low key amazing tech.
Disney used Intel to do all the graphics for Moana, those 3d models where in the terabytes and that is almost 10 years ago.

Acceleration

(Where I got the info from)

I've used AMD, Intel, ATI (Before the demise) NVidia products...I'll use what ever works.

Reactions: DD3DD and Sepheyer

pazhentaigame

Jun 16, 2020
any good prompt to do lift up/roll up skirt/dress better
anytime I do with controllnet
it tends to pulldown or have weird shape like panties around pussy

pazhentaigame

Jun 16, 2020
I believe it was quite hard to prompt for that, which is whythere are a few loras

for instance
thanks I already try that
but it not work because I don't actually want skirt lift pose
I want to prevent it in sex position with cloth

Mr-Fox

Jan 24, 2020
thanks I already try that
but it not work because I don't actually want skirt lift pose
I want to prevent it in sex position with cloth
If you want to prevent it then maybe try to use them Lora's in the negative prompt. Just a thought, since you are not being clear about what you are actually looking for. When you want something very specific it's probably best to either train a Lora yourself or use controlnet.

raquitic

Aug 17, 2019
What combination of model, vae and Lora, do you recomend to make an image where woman and boy are together? To make something

Because i have a problem, with "anime models", i can´t make males, only woman.

Artiour

Sep 24, 2017
any sd1.5 based model that creates nice looking nipples? I don't want to use a LoRA for that, it effects the face of girl LoRAs I use

Reactions: Sepheyer

Sepheyer

Dec 21, 2020
any sd1.5 based model that creates nice looking nipples? I don't want to use a LoRA for that, it effects the face of girl LoRAs I use
I doubt. I think faces, nipples and hands have almost the same root cause which transcends the models and is rather a part of the methodology. I.e. the SD models actually create crappy faces - we do use face restore modules to fix the faces. Hence, in theory there should be a nipple restore module to make nipples look natural.

Last edited:
Reactions: Artiour and Mr-Fox