[Stable Diffusion] Prompt Sharing and Learning Thread

Mr-Fox

Jan 24, 2020
I'm downloading the model but what is this Facedetail Lora? Should I use both at the same time then?
You can use it as you want. It's a Lora focused on face details. I have not had time to do much with SD for a while so I can't make any recommendations. I simply found it by searching. You will need to make some tests yourself. I would suggest to use the same prompt and seed and try this lora with different checkpoints and different weights. It's always best to exclude as many variables as possible when testing so that you know for sure what thing is doing what etc.

Reactions: Nitwitty

Nitwitty

Nov 23, 2020
For the last several hours I've been learning about stable diffusion and how to convert a DAZ 3d image into something close to photo-realistic using automatic1111 and various SD checkpoints. As you can see in the before and after example, the photo realistic version is very dramatic in comparison. Although as you can see there are flaws. So it's not quite a success yet.
I just want to show you all what is possible. Credit to the developer Elsa94 and her work from the VN "Nudist School".

before
7uREj8.png

after:
00024-2489771122.png

Obviously it doesn't follow the original image exactly (especially the blue breasts). I'm still working on the technique. But imagine VNs getting upgraded in a similar manner.

Last edited:

KingBel

Nov 12, 2017
For the last several hours I've been learning about stable diffusion and how to convert a DAZ 3d image into something close to photo-realistic using automatic1111 and various SD checkpoints. As you can see in the before and after example, the photo realistic version is very dramatic in comparison. Although as you can see there are flaws. So it's not quite a success yet.
I just want to show you all what is possible. Credit to the developer Elsa94 and her work from the VN "Nudist School".

before
View attachment 2595376

after:
View attachment 2595377

Obviously it doesn't follow the original image exactly (especially the blue breasts). I'm still working on the technique. But imagine VNs getting upgraded in a similar manner.
Saw your posts on Discord as well.. :) I suppose that if you were thinking of using this for a VN, you would need to be able to assure consistency for your characters. And then be able to place said characters within the scene that you have pre-layed out in DAZ. Haven't tried this out myself yet, but you can possibly train a TI/Lora on the character from your VN, and then place them in your scene using regional prompting.. not sure how you would incorporate that as well as a DAZ scene as a guide.. but it's a project worth exploring :)

Reactions: Sepheyer and Mr-Fox

devilkkw

Mar 17, 2021
I take this prompt (thank you) and change a typo(i think row=raw) for testing new model i'm working on. I'm focused on have not double at res over 768, also i've made a modified dpm++2m karras version for working at high cfg without too much aberration.

Full parameter on image(all made at Size: 896x1152 anbd cfg 19.528 )
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I have to fix some error's on model, especially on the anime model, it look not so much anime in certain prompt( i think in prompt where raw photo is).

devilkkw

Mar 17, 2021

before
View attachment 2595376

after:
View attachment 2595377

Worked on same idea time ago, i see you are using high denoise, so the image change a lot.
This is made using only TI without any prompt, and a negative: (poor quality:1.2), featureless, lowres, monochrome, grayscale, bad proportions, ugly, doll, plastic_doll, silicone, anime, cartoon, fake, filter, airbrush, (kkw-ph-neg3:1.002), Asian, (fake), (3D), (render), (kkw-ultra-neg:1.005)

CFG:30- Denoise 0,28.
d028.jpg

Sampler you use in this type of work is important, DPM++ 2M Karras is good for realism, sometimes Heun work better.
Another trick is made image little lower res(like 8,10%), not as same resolution you want generate, but keep the ratio, so image is little upscaled in img2img and you get more details. Remember to select upscaler for img2img in config tab.

But what is your goal, keep image consistent or something other?

Reactions: Mark17 and Mr-Fox

Nitwitty

Nov 23, 2020
Saw your posts on Discord as well.. :) I suppose that if you were thinking of using this for a VN, you would need to be able to assure consistency for your characters. And then be able to place said characters within the scene that you have pre-layed out in DAZ. Haven't tried this out myself yet, but you can possibly train a TI/Lora on the character from your VN, and then place them in your scene using regional prompting.. not sure how you would incorporate that as well as a DAZ scene as a guide.. but it's a project worth exploring :)
I don't think I would do it myself. I just wanted to see if it was possible. The artists here have better hardware and knowledge than me. I'm wondering if it's more efficient to use DAZ to lay out a scene then use SD to finish in a realistic render or if working to make DAZ models more realistic is better. I mean as it pertains to making VNs from scratch.

For DAZ VN conversions though it will take everything you suggested. Regional prompting with Loras and everything else.

Reactions: Mr-Fox

Nitwitty

Nov 23, 2020
Worked on same idea time ago, i see you are using high denoise, so the image change a lot.
This is made using only TI without any prompt, and a negative: (poor quality:1.2), featureless, lowres, monochrome, grayscale, bad proportions, ugly, doll, plastic_doll, silicone, anime, cartoon, fake, filter, airbrush, (kkw-ph-neg3:1.002), Asian, (fake), (3D), (render), (kkw-ultra-neg:1.005)

CFG:30- Denoise 0,28.
View attachment 2595813

Sampler you use in this type of work is important, DPM++ 2M Karras is good for realism, sometimes Heun work better.
Another trick is made image little lower res(like 8,10%), not as same resolution you want generate, but keep the ratio, so image is little upscaled in img2img and you get more details. Remember to select upscaler for img2img in config tab.

But what is your goal, keep image consistent or something other?
I tried every which way to get a good result. I had a lot of trouble with img2img at first. So I went with txt2img....then back to img2img. I had better results with lower denoise settings. Still learning what is the best method. Can't imaging the work involved with converting a regular DAZ visual novel to photorealistic. Would take weeks even with the right technique. Or certainly several days at least with batch processing with the right hardware.

Last edited:

Nitwitty

Nov 23, 2020
View attachment 2595979

Trouble is when you need to redo the background and stuff like fence, you need more denoise , here need two pass and post merging.

Fast demo:

View attachment 2596005
Nice job on the background here. Another pass would have to be done for the characters as you say. Even though I can see the characters were updated slightly. This is all a lot of work I'm learning lol.

Mr-Fox

Jan 24, 2020
Nice job on the background here. Another pass would have to be done for the characters as you say. Even though I can see the characters were updated slightly. This is all a lot of work I'm learning lol.
Don't forget to read the guides and tutorials and tips in this thread in your learning. You can find links on first page and also search my own and sepheyers name and also Jimwalrus and Schlongborn.
Devilkkw gives also a lot of good tips in various posts. Apologies if I forgot someone.

ZephyrionPW3D

May 4, 2023
View attachment 2595979

Trouble is when you need to redo the background and stuff like fence, you need more denoise , here need two pass and post merging.

Fast demo:

View attachment 2596005
Great results! Actually inpainting the bodies/faces separately might give better results. (with only inpainting the masked area is selected) Also adding ControlNet (like canny) might help to retain proper details.

Reactions: Mr-Fox and Nitwitty

Nitwitty

Nov 23, 2020
Great results! Actually inpainting the bodies/faces separately might give better results. (with only inpainting the masked area is selected) Also adding ControlNet (like canny) might help to retain proper details.
The results I got were with txt2img using the controlnet softedge HED model. Then I experimented with various checkpoints. I got good results with HyperV1 and EdgeofRealism.

Mr-Fox

Jan 24, 2020
The results I got were with txt2img using the controlnet softedge HED model. Then I experimented with various checkpoints. I got good results with HyperV1 and EdgeofRealism.
Something I don't think has been mentioned here is that some checkpoints have inpaint versions. Meaning that the checkpoint have also an inpaint merge. On civitai on each checkpoint you can see different versions, then look for inpaint versions. Sometimes there are instruct versions as well, these are for pix2pix.

Reactions: Sepheyer

Nitwitty

Nov 23, 2020
Something I don't think has been mentioned here is that some checkpoints have inpaint versions. Meaning that the checkpoint have also an inpaint merge. On civitai on each checkpoint you can see different versions, then look for inpaint versions. Sometimes there are instruct versions as well, these are for pix2pix.
For now, just experimenting to see what the potential of SD and AI art in general. I'll get more serious once I can afford to get a new card. With the dismal condition of the GPU market right now it's hard to figure out which card I should get. It's a pathetic mess because of Nvidia's greed. But eventually I will get a new card and I will learn about inpainting then. It takes a while to render just one picture on a 4GB 1050 Ti that I currently have.

Reactions: Sepheyer and Mr-Fox

Mr-Fox

Jan 24, 2020
For now, just experimenting to see what the potential of SD and AI art in general. I'll get more serious once I can afford to get a new card. With the dismal condition of the GPU market right now it's hard to figure out which card I should get. It's a pathetic mess because of Nvidia's greed. But eventually I will get a new card and I will learn about inpainting then. It takes a while to render just one picture on a 4GB 1050 Ti that I currently have.
Until then look into hiresfix with tiling upscale and other upscaling with tiling. There are extensions that have "tiled vae", it can help low vram when upscaling.

Also use argument "--lowvram" and "--xformer" in webui-user.bat .

Last edited:

Sepheyer

Dec 21, 2020
I'll ask here as I don't recall if there is a novel-AI thread. I am probably self-repeating this question, but the first time around didn't really do much.

As of today, would anyone know of a competent desktop-based AI capable of doing adult novels or at least two-three page long scenes?

I used (Character Assistant one) but the devs changed how it self-sensors and the dialog just gets cleaned the moment things get spicy. I either have to turn on video capture or keep pressing print-screen to see what the AI wrote before it self-deleted.

There are these various chat AI but they don't self-direct to produce an actual novel. Here is the kind of novel that Character Assistant slaps together in a jiffy:
I know there are "open source" desctop-based models hitting the market but I just didn't get to them. So, if anyone has actual experience getting a bot to write an adult novel, please stand up.