4.00 star(s) 7 Votes

voksus

May 2, 2017
1720787577463.png

Still can't get if this is a problem of absent VR.
In the manual said something about desktop mode and I hoped it would allow me to play w/o any VR.
But how to even start with this hard stop? Any ideas?

superseal17

Apr 26, 2018
Perhaps... 'cause my laptop is really old and contains NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M
But where do I get hardware requirements then?
Since the game is made in unreal engine i assume its made in unreal engine 5, if i look up recommended ue 5 hardware specs they say the RTX2080. But that is recommended. I tested it out for you on my 1070, so its not RTX specific. Maybe your card is is too old if no driver updates are availible, that the only thing i can think of sadly.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: voksus

superseal17

Apr 26, 2018
Since the game is made in unreal engine i assume its made in unreal engine 5, if i look up recommended ue 5 hardware specs they say the RTX2080. But that is recommended. I tested it out for you on my 1070, so its not RTX specific. Maybe your card is is too old if no driver updates are availible, that the only thing i can think of sadly.
Small addition, i believe its because you can change to vr mode so your gpu needs to be vr compatible because there is no seperate non vr version you can switch between modes. So your gpu needs to at least support vr functionality

Last edited:
Reactions: voksus

Wooloomooloo

Apr 8, 2018
It was win version for sure.
And I just tried to launch VRStallion.exe
This is some sort of freak accident related to your system. Mine is also old as fuck, no "VR" gear on it whatsoever, yet it runs the Windows version just fine. The fact that the error message pops up on Google in only a handful of places is quite telling - meaning you're unlucky rather than "not meeting specs". If a GPU driver update doesn't help, I'm afraid you're SOL...

4.00 star(s) 7 Votes