RPGM Completed Star Knave [v1.0.3 Public] [Oko]

5.00 star(s) 6 Votes

baneini

Jun 28, 2017
The character designs are a bit off putting. The 2 girls have eyes too far apart, large nose, weird lips and ugly hair.
Why would people have the unappealing 80's hair styles in the future exactly?

undead2

Jun 4, 2017
That's looking great. Love the style, writing and atmosphere you're setting. Is there any chance you're releasing the music somewhere?
He released Lateshifter soundtrack a while ago. Maybe he will release Star Knave's soundtrack at some point.

Lazarus Long

Sep 13, 2017
Fantastic little indie game. The soundtrack is spectacular and the writing is pure sci-fi-noir. The smut is just an extra I'm grateful for. I'm surprised this guy has so little support in Patreon. I'm sure there would be a public for his games in Steam.
He shows RPGMaker can be a fantastic tool for devs who know how to use it.

MrNeon

Aug 22, 2016
@FinderX,@arkopand
Sorry bros, no Linux compatibility at present. I'll get to it at some point, but Linux accounts for less than 1% of my blog traffic, despite my last game being on it, so it's not been high prio so far.
I could release the Linux version as-is and just hope it all works, but I've no way to test it beforehand.
The game is almost playable as is on Linux by just pointing Node.js at it. Far as I can tell there is just one, common, problem: Linux has case sensitive filesystems so if a file and the corresponding path in the game don't have matching cases it gives an error.

Windows is case aware (with all the problems it implies) so many times the developer ends up writing file paths with differences in case.

This can be worked around with a layered file system on the Linux end but it's very cumbersome, especially if you have to do it with every game that has this problem.

So if you take the time to make sure the file paths are exact it should run without problems on Linux.

xfirstninx

Nov 20, 2016
Another amazing job of Oko, in my opinion. Imagine my surprise when I saw the last update after still thought he was in a hiatus. Like, since February I was like this.
I really want to pledge his Patron, and I will manage somehow. He does a unique job among all the content we see nowadays.

Reactions: Attatta

mydick543

Jul 17, 2018
I'm loving the game, it's just that the artstyle is really poor compared to lateshifter, especially in the character faces, are they some sort of placeholder for the real art or are they going to stay that way?

still gonna play this game because for some reason I found the gameplay satisfying

xfirstninx

Nov 20, 2016
Don't know why this guy doesn't get much attention, he deserves it
I ask myself the same question.
Maybe the game is for a very specific niche (idk if this is the right world to use, Idk if this is the right way to translate it).
At least he came back after that hiatus and is still working in the game.

mazqaz

Feb 19, 2018
So has this game been updated or we still the demo faze? It looks like he's been making progress the past year but all links still lead to the same demo.

MrMax

Sep 30, 2017
So has this game been updated or we still the demo faze? It looks like he's been making progress the past year but all links still lead to the same demo.
Oh, he's working on it. I follow his blog and was also a patron for 6 months. He spends waaaaaay too much time on the technical stuff and is also a perfectionist to boot. So the next release is probably 1 or 2 months in the future if we're lucky

Reactions: mazqaz

lowclassgod

Aug 8, 2016
If there's a patreon tier for getting the soundtrack I'd sign up. The music is amazing.
That's looking great. Love the style, writing and atmosphere you're setting. Is there any chance you're releasing the music somewhere?
Looking forward to more, really interesting game so far with a unique style. Can someone rip the music from the game? it's one of the best parts about it.
He released Lateshifter soundtrack a while ago. Maybe he will release Star Knave's soundtrack at some point.

Reactions: Wong89

macrutt

Jun 5, 2017
Nice to see people relatively enthused about this game. I periodically check where the hell Oko is up to with it, but it's always "Hah, so in a fit of feeling completely inadequate I completely rewrote the operating system I was using to run the program I made to tell me what a pile of shit I was while I developed the program to make the program that eventually will be used to make you cum buckets as soon as you recal playing any of my games, also I added a rumblepack feature and am the sole reason retrowave isn't dead... haha please don't hate me guys!"

Reactions: MrMax
5.00 star(s) 6 Votes