What content to continue next

• Total voters

VynalDerp

Sep 25, 2019
I got softlocked on day 5 or so after getting the letter. Every money-making method advances time, but I didn't have enough money nor hunger bar to survive the time-skip in order to actually get money. I'm not sure how you're supposed to pay taxes and buy food, and if you aren't, then how do you avoid getting arrested constantly?

Reactions: Threadweaver

Threadweaver

Game Developer
Feb 9, 2019
I got softlocked on day 5 or so after getting the letter. Every money-making method advances time, but I didn't have enough money nor hunger bar to survive the time-skip in order to actually get money. I'm not sure how you're supposed to pay taxes and buy food, and if you aren't, then how do you avoid getting arrested constantly?
Thanks for your feedback!

So, the gold balancing was something I really wanted to hear from the community about. Mining should be the top money-maker IMO, but I want the other options to be viable too, which has been tricky to balance.

If you run out of money, you can steal coin bags around the map or find hidden crystals to sell—one of the crystals is in the forgotten building at the bottom left of the map. You can also gamble your money or invest it in the bank.

Maybe taking all of a player's gold when they get arrested is too harsh, or perhaps I need to tweak the amount of gold players earn.

balitz Method

Jan 30, 2018
While this really isn't in a state to be released yet, some things should definitely be addressed before you go any further. The random game overs are a bad idea; it's not fun to be going along and then forced to start over or return to a previous save. Some are probably mistakes - working for the fat farmer woman for instance leads to a game over - but as a mechanic it's something that can easily cause someone who's not sold on your game to delete it right then and there. Since you're focusing on harsh content anyway, consider punishment scenes or soft bad ends instead.

You need to direction lock every character with a laying down sprite. They disappear if someone talks to them from the side. Double check all of your entrances and exits, too, in the brothel especially there were doors you could enter but not exit.

Most of what's here is tedium. I get that you're trying to create a vibe, but you still want to get players focused on achieving something. Each job should have its own little questline with a clear goal/reward for the player to work toward as well as some h-scenes associated with it. Speaking of those - you need to put more work into them. Don't rely on the janky AI art to sell them, that's going to be offputting to as many or more people than it'll attract, which means you've got to describe them in an appealing way. Right now, if there's description at all, it's not much more than 'thing happened, w o w'.

It could use more direction. With the material you seem to want to focus on, it'd probably be a good idea to think up ~3 or so 'paths' for progression (maybe feminization, masochism, sadism?) that will open up new opportunities and change how the residents regard the protagonist. In games that largely take place in a small setting the key to keeping them interesting is hashing out something like this that will change the situation over time and give you a reason to keep exploring the same areas/talking to the same people.

Threadweaver

Game Developer
Feb 9, 2019
Thank you, this kind of feedback is exactly why I shared this beta. In addition to bug fixes, I definitely need to address the random game over scenes. Replacing them with punishments is a great idea. For example, instead of a game over when starving, I could have the player wake up in the church with an attached h-scene.

I was concerned the game might feel too grindy, but I'm sure it can be executed well somehow. Better explanations of goals and progression will definitely help.

Focusing on the main progression is another priority, and I already have some plans for that.

Improving my writing might be the toughest part, but I think I can handle that too.

Reactions: Axel34

balitz Method

Jan 30, 2018
I was concerned the game might feel too grindy, but I'm sure it can be executed well somehow. Better explanations of goals and progression will definitely help.

Focusing on the main progression is another priority, and I already have some plans for that.

Improving my writing might be the toughest part, but I think I can handle that too.
With grinding you want to keep progression and milestones in mind. Grinding and feeling like you're just spinning your wheels won't motivate people to keep playing; hitting milestones and getting something that helps you or makes things easier or just provides a nice titillating reward is what can make a grindy experience feel worthwhile. In regular RPGs the whole point of grinding is to feel powerful during fights. Ask yourself what the point of grinding in your game is going to be. Grinding that serves no purpose other than drawing out the experience is the type you want to address and fiddle with until it's the type where players feel rewarded each time they hit a milestone.

That's where adding questlines to the jobs, along with tying some characters and h-scenes to them, can help. The mine has potential for finding cool things with a gameplay loop that has you digging toward new discoveries, the inn can have feminization milestones that could open up new opportunities in town - stuff like that. You want that sense of starting out with nothing and being able to progress toward a less desperate situation.

When you're looking to improve the scenes themselves you need to tap into what you like about those situations, how they make you feel, what's arousing about them, and describe that. "You looked at a pretty girl and got your ass kicked" isn't erotic, but describing the frustration of it and how worthless it makes you feel could be.

• Star-struck

Drago Whooves

Apr 10, 2021
you should implement an auto-save system (seperate from the manual saves)
Possible auto-save triggers
* sleeping
* paying debt
* finishing work shift
* leaving town/farm

also there needs to be a way to level up Hunger capacity, Stamina capacity, and Needs capacity
would also be nice to see beasts roaming the wilds during the nights (make it interesting to work the farm)

Oh man, I'd love for there to be some futanari
maybe scat too?
I think there is already some futas
for scat, when you're cleaning the outhouse maybe you fall in, then someone comes and uses it? also could be some farm content with the horses

Last edited:

Nero the Bard

Oct 15, 2020
i realy like the design of the MC he looks realy cute !
also are you planig to ad a dominant loli esce char later on ?
(dominant loli/small women are so rare to find and it wuld be cool (in my opinon))
but even if there are no planes i will defenetly keep my eys on this game.

hkhjk

Apr 18, 2020
does anyone know, how activate events in church? i understand, that i need wake up from the toilet hole, but how can i make it??? i can't find any holes in underground

2.80 star(s) 4 Votes