VN - Others - Completed - Starless: Nymphomaniac’s Paradise [Final] [Empress]

1. 5.00 star(s)

ROXYkobayashi

The art style and voice acting are good!
    Mature Ladies are always beautiful and gorgeous.
    It is not really bad as other people said in my option. ( Never mind )
    This visual novel is not for everyone.
    Hope you all still have normal day or night after reading this visual novel. edited
  2. 4.00 star(s)

00snak

Overall it is a very good game and it probably has some of the most creative and imaginative scenes I’ve seen in a H game. I spent 11.5 hours and unlocked all the endings. Even though it says 30-50 hours to complete, this is only if you listen to every single voiceline and don’t make any saves during the choices (which determine the ending). For anyone interested in playing this game, I would highly recommend you to play it fully to completion and unlock all the endings – if I had just stopped playing after unlocking my first ending, I would have been unsatisfied and disappointed with the game.

TL;DR

Good
    -Incredibly creative and imaginative scenes
    -Art is high quality and character design is hot
    -Has a huge range of fetishes (including some of my preferred obscure ones like: cum drinking, cum bath, wedding scenes)
    - There IS a good ending, amongst many bad ones
    -The game does a good job of balancing multiple endings without being overly complex
    -There is a button to fast forward (thank god for this)

Bad
    -The scat & bestiality patch is mostly scat, there are only a few bestiality scenes during some of the endings
    -Scenes can sometimes be too long with too much text and unnecessarily many ejaculations
    -Audio is quite repetitive
    -MC is a bit too retarded at times
    -A bit unrealistic at times (e.g. the fact that no one has tried to kill the Mamiyas is absurd)
    -Only buttons to progress dialogue is ‘enter’ or mouse1, can’t use space bar

Good & Bad
    -There is a logical, albeit retrospective, correlation between making a choice and the ending pathway it unlocks, but there is often no way to predict what outcome you will get beforehand
    -Very fucked up game in terms of depravity and fetishes

Full review (SPOILERS)

Being a VN with multiple endings, the story is quite important. The story is fairly interesting at the start with certain elements of shock and mystery, and you can see from the internal dialogue at how the MC gradually adjusts to life at the mansion. After I unlocked my first ending, I was quite disappointed with the choices in the story, I felt that they had very little relevance to the outcome and MC’s fate. However, once I began unlocking the other endings, I did see how there is a correlation between the choices and the endings. Despite this, I still think it’s not possible to foresee how some choices can lead to certain outcomes. One example is the ‘New Family’ ending which is triggered once you peep on Mikako. I get it, you peep, you have sex and form some sort of ‘connection’ with her and then when she is getting sold off you can buy her – I do see the correlation between the choice and the ending. But my problem with this is that you absolutely cannot predict that this would happen when making the choice in the first place. There really should’ve been a choice between choosing to save Mikako or not (and if you choose not to, then it just circles back to some other ending pathway); there is absolutely no logical reason that the MC would spend the entirety of his earnings to save her at that point. Even though the choices are unpredictable (and maybe it’s like this intentionally?) I do understand the difficulty of having multiple endings and balancing that with having meaningful choices, and I think the dev did a good job of balancing having multiple endings without being too complex (compare this to GGGB which is just way too complex).

The first ending I got was the ‘new master’ ending, which occurs if you peek and then don’t lend the money. Again, when making these choices, there was absolutely no way I could’ve predicted the outcome from just these 2 choices. When I first got the ending, I was really disappointed because of how stupid the MC was for letting the vase fall to the floor. I felt that this plot decision was bullshit, unprompted, and came out of nowhere, and I felt like the author had to do a plot twist to get the MC into a shitty ending. However, once I began unlocking the other endings, it obviously became clear that the Mamiyas did set MC up and it wasn’t ‘out of nowhere’, so this certainly shows how the game is better when you play to completion and get the whole experience. And once again, for the ‘new master’ ending, I do see in hindsight some correlation between the ending and the choices. By choosing to peek initially, you see the sort of ‘sex slave trade’ going on between the rich families which does correlate to the MC being sold off as a sex slave later, and by refusing to help Sachie, she steals all of the MC’s money, leading him to become a sex slave.

I do like that the game does have a good ending (New World) given that the majority of other endings are just so horrible to the MC or Mitarai or Sachie. I wish there was an ending where the MC gets revenge on the Mamiyas and either kills them or successfully steals from them. It is a bit absurd that in the whole game, not a single person has tried to kill them, and I’m not counting Mikako’s husband’s attempt, because the game has clearly shown it would be easy to do so as the MC has easy access to all the Mamiyas.

The characters in this game are pretty good given that they aren’t completely one-dimensional. Even though the Mamiyas are very clearly sadistic, and they aren’t likable (they aren’t meant to be), there is still some sort of personality. I think one issue with the characters in this game is that the MC doesn’t really get time to develop any relationships with them, there is no character development because the game essentially just time skips whenever there is no ‘plot’. I understand that this would obviously ramp up the time taken to play the game but I think it would’ve made some of the endings a bit better. For example, the ‘New Family’ ending would’ve been better if there was more development of the relationship between MC and Mikako because then it wouldn’t have felt so forced when the MC pays for her. I think there is a pretty good amount of dialogue and stuff with Mitarai, but with all the other characters, it just didn’t feel like enough. I think there should’ve been more interaction with Makoto (as he’s the only other guy servant) and Sachie (during the work rather than just us seeing the MC’s thoughts at the end of every shift) and others.

One thing I didn’t like about the characters – more specifically the MC himself, is that I think he is just so spineless, and he isn’t really a likeable MC. I’m not expecting some sort of gigachad or anything, but my guy is just such a pushover, he allows Sachie to be a lazy bitch and he does nothing at all when the Mamiyas say he has to get married to Mikako (in the New Family ending). Even in the ‘flower of evil’ ending, he only goes down that path because he is a pussy. Games and shows and other media are generally more enjoyable when the MC isn’t such a pansy because we have to see from his POV and it’s just not interesting when he’s so spineless.

The character design and art are really good and definitely a highlight of the game. The art is high quality, and the characters are designed so that they don’t look like carbon copies of one another. Even though there isn’t much variety in terms of breast size (Which personally is fine for me because they are a good size), the characters do look unique and that can’t be said for some other games! For the actual scenes, I do wish there was some animation, but it’s not the worst issue because the CGs are still good. The scenes are still good because the text description is pretty creative and good, and the voice acting is good (even though I skipped most of it, but it still adds something to the game). However, in general, the scenes were just way too long and there were too many ejaculations which felt unrealistic, unnecessary, and it would’ve been better if the scenes were shorter. I also think the audio is just way too repetitive, not just the sound effects, but also there are like 3 different songs that play depending on the atmosphere of the scene and it’s just kinda lame. The scenes are pretty easy to obtain as I used the ‘endings chart’ to make saves at certain points. I am glad that there is an effective fast-forward button, but I do wish there was either a ‘skip option’, or the fast-forward automatically stops when I reach new dialogue, as sometimes when I was trying to unlock a different ending, I would accidently fast-forward too much and miss some content.

The main draw to this game is the fetishes and the depravity. I do really appreciate the abundance of different fetishes, especially obscure ones like cum baths and wedding scenes, and I really like the cum drinking. There were many other fetishes that were either enjoyable or OK for me. The only fetish I didn’t like was the scat, and this is technically an optional one since you have to download the patch, but I only downloaded the patch for the bestiality and not the scat. I wish they were either separate patches or if there was an option to toggle scat, especially since there is so much more scat than bestiality, and the bestiality pretty much only appears in the endings, so I just watched a bunch of scenes with scat for no reason.

One last 'problem' is that the only buttons to progress the text is either the 'enter' key or 'Mouse 1', which is annoying that the spacebar doesn't have any function and there's no option to change the keybinds. It's only a small thing of course but it does detract a bit from experiencing the game.

Overall, despite quite a few issues, this game is still very good and I would recommend it. If you do play this game, I implore you to play it to the fullest and unlock at least a few endings, don’t just stop at one because it’s a completely different experience. This game is probably the most fucked up game I’ve ever played and I guess if you’re a H-game enthusiast, then you just have to play this one to tick it off the list.
  3. 5.00 star(s)

Elsanor

Not as bad as people say it is but definitely has kink that some people will find appealing... or not. Plot wise it's simple: Survive the really high paying job with your sanity and life intact for two weeks in the household of a morally depraved but extremely wealthy family.

Scat and bestiality is common later in the game should you keep making the wrong choices, and I would even argue there are no clean vanilla routes as desires from the rich claim victims of our main character and fellow workers' sanity. Theme:

Art is best quality a VN can ask for and kink factors are mild. Voice acting is your typical hentai. Recycling scenes is quite common. Cannot recall precious decisions except through saves. Long game. Some decisions carry weight while others don't carry anything.
  4. 2.00 star(s)

reynold.biplane

Kinks are what they are. I'm not rating those. The only thing to note on that front, is that there is a LOT. There should be something to love and something to hate for everyone.

I also have to preface, that I don't really like VNs all that much. Usually. But I was willing to try this one, because the art is sooo good. The eclectic mix of fetishes also appealed to me. But nope. This is not for me. I didn't make it far.

The main problem here, is how long winded every scene is. They are awfully looooong. It's not that I hate reading, but it's just way too much. Looking at an online gallery of Starless, you think, that there is a lot of art. And indeed, you get about 2-3 pictures per scene (not counting variations), which is good. But every scene is the length of a short story in itself. And that is not an overstatement. More the opposite, actually.
    That wouldn't be so bad, if the writing was any good. But it isn't. It's painfully unintersting. Most of it is just superfluous filler. Endless descriptions of things, that you can already see in the pictures and endless repetition. Every scene has to have at least 5 ejaculations, usually many more, and each one is a little story in itself.
    If you plan to have a wank during a scene, forget about it. No one can stay erect for that long. It's a marathon. Of boredom.

Another negative are the choices or the lack thereof. Very rarely do they have any impact on the story. Usually you just get one or two different lines of dialogue.

Also, the sound effects are terrible, but that seems to be par for the course for these kind of VNs.

All in all a pitiful waste of a VN. It had potential. Interesting characters, an unbelievably debauched setting and, again, phenomenal art.
    Fuck.

tl;dr
    If you need a tl;dr, you shouldn't try out this VN, because it is freakishly long and the writing uninteresting. Read an overview of the story and find a gallery instead.
  5. 5.00 star(s)

Strox

if you are here, then you have found what you are looking for, because are good, but have some extremes be warned, art is wonderful, story is engaging and gets dark... but have 13 endings so maybe you'll find something you like in the end
  6. 3.00 star(s)

Rajat Saigal

Has some fetishes that appeal to me, and the art is pretty gorgeous. But it's bogged down by an infinite amount of aimless dialogue. I couldn't get through it due to boredom. Marika being a futa also took me somewhat by surprise.
  7. 5.00 star(s)

soiboi6669

*Minor Spoilers*
    For games with pure debauchery this is a top contender. If you're in one of those moods where vanilla isnt cutting it for you and need something really fcked up, I cant recommend this enough. The premise is a college student in need of money who answers an add that seems too good to be true, and soon finds out that it is. A family of very wealthy and powerful sadistic nymphomaniacs are hiring "help" at their mansion, and basically turn them into sex slaves. The story is nothing revolutionary, but its straightforward and relatively believable seeing as the ultra rich can get away with pretty much anything. The characters are great, each have their own unique personality, dialogue is top notch and doesnt feel cheesy at any point, and the females are voiced! As for the spicy content it has a wide array of fetishes, mainly femdom themed, often pretty extreme, but very well done. Personally I would of liked a bit more foot content, but other than that I cant complain. I am also not a huge fan of rape, as I like everyone involved to be getting off, but that is somewhat remedied in this because everyone in the mansion is constantly drugged with aphrodisiacs, so even the non-willing participants are usually writhing in ecstacy. Plus there are multiple endings which range from good, to worst thing you could imagine. All in all, for those that need a dark taboo itch scratched, this game will do the trick.
  8. 3.00 star(s)

neet hell

I was afraid the game would make me angry with some NTR but suprisingly enough it didn't. You get to fuck some beauties, you get paid for it, you even get to take a girl's virginity.

I would have liked to see more futa scenes where Marika fucks a girl or she herself gets fucked in her pussy by the MC. I didn't like the scenes where Marika(the futa girl) fucks the mc with her dick in his mouth and ass...
    I also didn't like the fact that in the Marika ending she tries to get pregnant with her own sperm and not the MC's...

But above all, what I don't like the most is that you don't get to take SOME FUCKING REVENGE.
    It's way too unrealistic, even for the setting of this game, that no one tried to kill either Marie, Marisa, Marika or all of them. Well Mikako's husband tries to but that's such a poor excuse of an attempt. I would have liked to see the Mamiya family tortured or at the very least killed.

Oh yeah, the game is way too long too. Way too much useless text. And after you sit through all of that you don't even get a satisfying ending unless you can get a hearty laugh out of the bad ones because the "good" ones aren't good enough as a payoff. I mean.. there's no revenge ending you know?
  9. 2.00 star(s)

MontyKino

great art and voice acting, the story is so vanilla it actually bored me away from this game. the characters have little variance from each other and seeing the same body template with a different face isn't that fun.
  10. 4.00 star(s)

MeltyQuest

The game has a crazy amount of scenes and fetishes that it covers with amazing art where seishoujo always does a great job. The premise of everything is very interesting but in the end I'd almost just call it a nukige (which I find boring personally and would typically give a 1-2/5).

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
    Spoiler TLDR: Good premise, no pay off, therefore disappointing story

PS: make sure to uninstall the extra uncensor patch if you want the good stuff.
  11. 4.00 star(s)

Golden Idiot

Version: Final

Ah, the classic game where boys become men. Truly a fucked up experience of either simple vanilla or truly fucked up fetishes. Its been a few years since i last played it, but im still going to Putin this review here for nostalgia sake.
  12. 5.00 star(s)

Tecno173

guys, i think its necessary to appraise tihs game:excellent!! if u haven't play STARLESS,just try to once,this is the best game i have palyed, soooooo amazing !!!!!!!just because one word"Empress".i have palyed it many times
  13. 5.00 star(s)

whiterussian1974

I normally don't care for "cartoon" style artwork. But these are done EXCELLENTLY!!!
    They are beautiful models, well drawn and believable proportions, rather than comical breasts and asses.
    The story is enjoyable. Lots of action with multiple characters. Something for most people's tastes.
    I envy the MC and wish that I could find such a job. I wouldn't made being a slave to 3 beautiful woman. Bathing and "entertaining" them with plenty of lavish care.
  14. 4.00 star(s)

LeVocaloid

This game is pretty good. The body proportions for the women are sexy as hell, and the art is great. A few downsides that I consider are how there is way too much text that it becomes a hard off sometimes. There is also some extreme content such as belly bloating, reverse urethral pumping, faint Beastiality, and guro. But since I'm the type of person who doesn't really give a damn about anything since I'm pretty much deep in the abyss it doesn't affect me as much. For others who are light of heart, I can't say though. Overall I'd give this game a 7/10.
  15. 5.00 star(s)

R D

One of the masterpieces of hentai art, has all the fetishes that I need or didn't even think I needed. Art is amazing, beautiful, and luxurious.

Seishoujo didn't hold back one bit on the H scenes.
    If you're not a fan of buckets of cum gushing through penises, landing on faces, tits, feet, etc, things going into holes that it isn't supposed to be in regular sex, bodily fluid and waste coming and going every single human hole possible, this is not the game for you.

This is the game for true perverts, connoisseurs of fetishes and beautiful women.
  16. 3.00 star(s)

toak

Oh man. It's been a while since I've played a proper visual novel. I poured 20-30 hours into this which always amazes me for a game that's mostly text.

Story 5/10

You're a poor college student out on summer break. You just got your driver's license but have no car. To buy a car you call up an job listing that's almost too good to be true. And it is.

You end up going to a mansion out in the middle of nowhere. The inhabitants include a matriarch, her two daughters, a son, and 3 servants.

Tons of sex ensues. This family is training you to be a sex servant and they have two weeks to do it.

The story has a mostly linear plot with the branches basically being extended endings.

Gameplay 3/10

For a visual novel there's basically one input: choice. A, B, or C. Sometimes it's just A or B. Those choices need to matter.

The problem is, there's tons of choices where the choice just doesn't matter. Why is it in the game? Most of the early game choices don't matter at all. To get access to the endings you mostly just backtrack like 3-4 choices near the end of the game.

And for choices that matter, they need to matter. There's this one particular choice, cum inside or outside which leads to two drastically different endings. Okay, I accept that. But the way the story wrote how that branch played out was completely out of your hands, made by a third party. What?

Art 7/10

Wow. This game is aggressive. In the first day of employment, Sawatari orgasms like 8-10 times. He loses his virginity and has sex with three different women in the middle of an orgy. And that's the first day.

The art itself is pretty mediocre but the constant barrage of scenes and the extreme content more than makes up for it.

I'm not sure why but the game self-censors certain scenes. Scat and beastiality. Why? There are other games which don't so I don't think it's a Japanese law or anything.

Endings 5/10

I really wanted a "conquer everyone" ending. But no, the household stays in control for every single end.

There's one good ending. You and a servant girl just... walk off the property at the end of your employment and you get married.

There are a couple of neutral endings that aren't good but not very bad.

Then there are clearly bad endings. One where your heart is harvested. One where you become a scat toilet. One where your dick gets chopped off.

Overall 5/10

This is one of those visual novels where the situation is exciting more than anything. The game does a great job of setting up the ambiance of a sex mansion.

Again, I was disappointed there was no "take over the mansion" ending. But I got to see the annoying servant get impaled by a thigh sized wooden dildo so I'll call it even.
  17. 5.00 star(s)

Gallion

At the moment I discover Seishoujo's graphics style, I was blown away.
    It wasn't directly by his pictures but by some hentai clip from the Anime adaptation of one of his works (Discipline).

Further, I realized what it cames from and discover Eroge or I should say Seishoujo's VN cause if it doesn't came from him I don't play.

The reason is simple, the render.
    This is from me what is the closest to the absolute perfection when it come to drawing a model whatever it is from 2D or 3D style.

I really love the "majestic" aspect of how he make all those body of women.
    The proportion of the head with the body in the hentai industry is not really well respected in my sense and for me that make all the difference.

So that for the work of the artist in general but now about the game :
    It has such a special vibe for me, start playing after done Discipline & Bible Black.
    In some way it's a bit more inclusive, you're "locked" in a mansion and get "abused" every day.

The Mamiya's are very memorable as an antagonist's family (Marie Mamiya has become the Artist's most popular character).
    Marie & Marisa are pure evil. Marika is more "innocent" but well she's still get along with her sis and her mom.

Mitarai is perfect for me as a lovely naive sweetheart who's going to make you feel sorry for what they're going to do to her...
    Sachie & Mikako are also pretty remarkable

9 endings, only a good one ^^'

It's really a special experience to play, it's pretty dark that for sure, and some scenes are very "specific" so yes we can't say it's the kind of game you can recommand to everyone.

But the success is here, the game have some sequel who was released since, the last one just came out (Sleepness).

It have a special place for me as one of my most memorable adult content I ever watched/played.
  18. 2.00 star(s)

Renonymous

The scat, watersports, and violence weren't really my thing, but I think it's cool that people who like those things are getting some representation. My big problem with Starless is that there isn't really a good end or even a point in the story where the protagonist starts to enjoy his life or form a real connection with any of the characters. Even if you marry a character or choose an option that sounds like you're going to give consent, the main character's monologue is written with this tone of hopelessness and reluctance for being in his situation. Not only do I think it's sloppy writing to have choices that aren't reflected in dialogue, but it's a huge boner killer to play a character that never feels like he has enjoyment for his situation or a plan for the future.

As a smaller point, there were many places where the story slogged. There were literally daily story events that repeat with very little change or impact to the story. There were times I started to skip ahead because the pace was so slow. Overall, I wasn't impressed by the storytelling.

The art's amazing. The voice acting, although I don't speak Japanese, is done well enough that even the tones improved my sense of immersion. However, in spite of this game's undeniable quality and my attempts to play through all of the paths, I thoroughly did not enjoy Starless.
  19. 4.00 star(s)

NoxUberholen

Story has a slow but great pacing with a uniquely darker theme than what is usually on an adult visual novel/game; Writing is decent at worst and has excellent attention-to-detail on past events; Art is very well made and covers a variety of kinks and fetishes - some of which can be eccentric
  20. 5.00 star(s)

floran

A perfect Visual novel for those with a taste for extreme fetishes, is hard to find such good quality with combining niche fetishes like scat and bestiality.

I had actually already seen this one years ago but had to search it here just to give it a 5 star review.