VN - Ren'Py - Starship Inanna [v9.2] [Mad Docs]

1. 5.00 star(s)

K18

Pretty much the only visual novel on the forum i know of with a Space Opera Military Sci-fi theme and with Alien Heroines. Like that it's story-driven with a mostly linear plot it has going on with slight alternation of class and certain group characters you chosen to focus on. Following the space journey, the drama of who to trust or not and protagonist connecting with other characters. Really reminiscing of Mass Effect.

I like that for once there's a visual novel with a male protagonist that's brown/dark-skinned or Black, so some nice interracial action between dark-skinned male protagonist and sexy alien & human girls. And also, he's not portrayed in a stereotypical or cliched way.

For the crew. Ashe is my favorite (red-skin, big breast & butt, curvy body and she draws/paints), closely followed by Nikka (cool character & the whole cycle thing is amusing). Then, the rest Cea (green-skinned action girl), Rin (fun girl & the male on futanari stuffs), Kani (interesting backstory), Nali (Reminds me of Thundcats. Is sexy time with her only if you choose the side with Aloshan route?), and Chole/Asa (nice scenes in Ep4 for both, hard to choose between the 2, so i ended up replaying to see both, wish it was both at the same, they keep each other company while you're on missions).

A shame the protagonist didn't get to do the tournament in Ep5. In future episodes maybe, hopefully have an actual harem romance route develop down the line (besides the pretend one in upcoming undercover hegemony route) between the protagonist & crew members. Some longer sex scenes would be nice too.

Animation for the sexy naughty scenes & action scenes would be nice, but that can wait as i rather get the story first. Also, I like the saving system with the 15 saving slots on 1 page.
  2. 4.00 star(s)

Every1sGrudge

[Rev v6.0]
    Great amount of content~.
    I *really* like the art.

Writing is solid and very enjoyable, a couple minor continuity glitches notwithstanding. Playing as a female MC the first away mission seems to end in a rush that was disorienting to read, and there were a couple points in early Ch6 that referred to the MC with the wrong gender pronouns.

Adult content-wise, nothing herein turned me off (though admittedly I have a pretty wide strikezone) and several scenes were right up my alley. No off-putting sex dialog or 4th wall cringe to murder boners in the night.

I do feel like the plot pacing can be a bit rushed at times, but I like my stories paced like a glacier in idle so everybody else's results may vary.

TLDR: Would rate at 4.5 - 4.75 stars if able. Watched, gleefully anticipating updates.
  3. 5.00 star(s)

eonfow

The story is simply amazing, really well developed and with a few branching points and some decisions that actually matter.
    The space setting gives a Star Trek vibe while all the "cloaks and daggers" makes me remember a bit of Game Of Thrones.
    The story so far feels really unique even though the setting (two empires fighting and a hidden organization pulling strings from behind the scenes) has been used a few times in anime, series and games, the author managed to make his writing really refreshing and got me captivated for the whole duration of my play-through.
  4. 5.00 star(s)

Kohryu

This game so far is fan-fucking-tastic! Would be nice to be able to select your own race perhaps and ethnicity? However, the story is really engaging and the characters all have personality which you find lacking in a lot of adult oriented games. The H-Scenes could use a little work as they are kind of short however they are not terrible in the slightest in compared to other titles I've played. I'm not sure if the characters are honey select or whatever you see in most Ren'Py games, they are fresh to me and I really like that I am not seeing characters that I've seen a hundred times, not only are they unique, but they look good as well.
  5. 5.00 star(s)

DisturbedMan

The game's story is solid and can capture your attention, yet the progression is somehow slow. The explanations for some parts of the game is a bit weak. Scenes are well done and well executed. All in al, the game is good and worth your time, but needs some polishing in some areas.
  6. 5.00 star(s)

Catwashere

This game is really great the story is very good the art is great the characters are all pretty good it needs to be finished i hope it does get finished. When i played it i did not have any issues at all!
    Story 4/5
    Art 4/5
    Characters 5/5
    Sex 4/5
  7. 3.00 star(s)

Deleted member 507366

Good story but the game fails overall as an adult XXX game. Very little sex in the game. Very few choices. The game is more like watching a movie with a small amount of player interaction. This game could have really been great. The author really either needs to pull the little bit of sexy content in the game and release it as a non-adult visual novel or spend more time and add a lot more opportunities for sex. I saw at least a dozen places where sex events would have fit in perfectly. Too much of the story is forced on the player. I would have made different choices in many of the scenarios.
  8. 2.00 star(s)

Deleted member 216358

Hmm, played through the whole game and didn't have very many sex opportunities (or real choices for that matter). The story and writing was good but the game description should mention that this is mainly a story and sex is a very minor part of the game! There are tons of places where more sexual encounters could have been added.

Many decisions are forced on the player and many times throughout the game I felt like I wasn't in control of the story. It almost felt like watching a movie.

If you aren't here for sex and just for the story, then this game may be good for you. If you are interested in playing an adult xxx game then you should look elsewhere!

I'm kind of disappointed overall.
  9. 5.00 star(s)

Gomly1980

It's not often I find a VN I get invested in that quickly, so far only 3 others have me hooked.

Then I found this, purely by accident and that's a shame. The story is well put together and it has some fantastic characters.

So far i've found it has enough sex scenes to keep the fap troupe happy and the story is coming along nicely enough to keep those of us that like a good tale happy.

I've really enjoyed what i've seen so far and hope it continues.