Ren'Py Stellar Crossroads [v0.50] [Xavster Gaming]

3.40 star(s) 8 Votes

greenjf

Sep 23, 2020
ouuno, there is more of this comming. crap. I am not sure anymore i still want to play that game
You are playing a game that is in early development. While I never played calypso till it was close to completion maybe 3 updates where left on it, I Imagine the time while he added trading was probably as painful. Just wait till v.6 then try it.

Reactions: chicho1958

micojive

Oct 2, 2017
This is just not fun to play right now. Sandbox is garbage with no direction and far too many "rooms" that do nothing. It was ok in Calypso with the icons indicating when scenes happened here its just ass. I would have hoped they took what they learned from the first game and improved, but so far this isnt even close to the same level of product. Not worth playing as is, and feels like 10 updates away from something worth playing.

Xavster

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2018
A couple of clarifications in relation to the game as it sits now.

The sandbox is not complete and the purpose of the mining / refining will be eventually to be able to create your own customisable military force that you can wage war with. Equally the free roam content is not complete and it is intended that repeatable events are added to all of the locations. The game is only about 25% into development and you can't really judge it as a complete game at this time.

Please note that if you want a simple VN with lewd scenes as the primary purpose, this is not the game for you. I am trying to create a more immersive world that has actual gameplay, rather than having the player as a spectator. The true vision of the game will only become apparent about version 0.60. Hence if you are unsure about the game now, please check back early next year.

Raziel_8

Engaged Member
Dec 4, 2017
Well, the refinery/forge is easy once you understand how the thing works, neither is it time consuming couple of clicks and all is set. Be able to build up and use your own forces seems certainly entertaining.

Where the problem lies for me is the mining.
You can have currently 2 ships but only have one pilot. With how fast the fully upgraded refinery goes through the minerals you probably need 4 or more miningships to keep it going without longer pauses.

Mining on the other hand is really time consuming if you try to find good spots, which also degrade rather fast, especially hard to find good spots for nickel, gold and diamonds.
Maybe a bit more simplified like it was in ME:2 where you can scan in a certain radius and not need to pin point probes again and again and again and at the right depth ...it's really not fun as is, not to mention it costs way too much time.

Last edited:
Reactions: PapaPhat

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
A couple of clarifications in relation to the game as it sits now.

The sandbox is not complete and the purpose of the mining / refining will be eventually to be able to create your own customisable military force that you can wage war with. Equally the free roam content is not complete and it is intended that repeatable events are added to all of the locations. The game is only about 25% into development and you can't really judge it as a complete game at this time.

Please note that if you want a simple VN with lewd scenes as the primary purpose, this is not the game for you. I am trying to create a more immersive world that has actual gameplay, rather than having the player as a spectator. The true vision of the game will only become apparent about version 0.60. Hence if you are unsure about the game now, please check back early next year.
I wouldn't mind it, if the refining mechanics were user friendly. I have no clue of what I'm supposed to do with the furnace:

screenshot0001.png

Informations (i) are difficult to grasp. I honestly feel that we might need you to make a tutorial example for how the furnace works. I need it for sure.

Reactions: LordCharmz

greenjf

Sep 23, 2020
I wouldn't mind it, if the refining mechanics were user friendly. I have no clue of what I'm supposed to do with the furnace:

View attachment 2618435

Informations (i) are difficult to grasp. I honestly feel that we might need you to make a tutorial example for how the furnace works. I need it for sure.
You have to select which storage bin to feed the furnace to make your Item. Looking at your screenshot your missing coal to make the Iron Billet. You'll need

PapaPhat

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
Well, the refinery/forge is easy once you understand how the thing works, neither is it time consuming couple of clicks and all is set. Be able to build up and use your own forces seems certainly entertaining.

Where the problem lies for me is the mining.
You can have currently 2 ships but only have one pilot. With how fast the fully upgraded refinery goes through the minerals you probably need 4 or more miningships to keep it going without longer pauses.

Mining on the other hand is really time consuming if you try to find good spots, which also degrade rather fast, especially hard to find good spots for nickel, gold and diamonds.
Maybe a bit more simplified like it was in ME:2 where you can scan in a certain radius and not need to pin point probes again and again and again and at the right deep...it's really not fun as is, not to mention it costs way too much time.
Mining tricks...
1) Send Maive out EVERY day! I even tried to give her a day off as I was fully loaded and wanted to allow the refinery to catch up and she just kept mining the same spot as her last orders and I ended up with so much nickel she filled one bin and had half of a second filled before I noticed and had her mine something else! You CAN get ahead on mining...

2) Take ALL of the mule's upgrades.

3) Do NOT worry about diamonds in the current build. You do NOT need them yet. When you DO need them it will be in rather small quantity. Admittedly, they are the most finicky ore to mine and difficult to locate.

4) Just use the mule for the current update. Buying the Phantom is a waste of money when you can build one later on.

5) Buy the cheaper ore resources. You make Graphene from coal in the Purifier. You can purchase better quality coal through Alexia's contacts than you can mine. I purchased 200 tons of coal and now have what is likely more graphene than I will need for the entire game. Sand is another you may choose to purchase but Maive kept me well stocked without falling behind so coal is all I purchased. Sand yields three things in the Concentrator, Silica (Quartz in the Purifier and Glass in the Arc Furnace), Titanium ore and Rutile which you use to make Zirconium.

6) Probe all over the map! If you haven't figured it out yet (Xav had to tell me, doh!) you can run your mouse cursor all over the mining map and pick and choose where to drop your probes. You can also set the depth with the vertical slider on the side of the map. (Don't shoot me for this next one, Xav) You can do a "hunt and peck probing all over the map to find the richest location available in the current random map, roll back to Maive and click forward into the map again. The numbers for ore deposits will still be the same. That allows you to go to the area you previously identified as the richest source in the current random map and pepper that one area with probes. Send Maive to the hottest probed area first and then...

7) Keep sending Maive to mine the same area until you see the ore quality drop below the target you set for yourself. For example, on a planet where iron ore can be as rich as 60% iron, I find as many probe sites near 60% as possible and just keep sending Maive to that destination until I have enough iron or the iron purity falls below 50%. You CAN and SHOULD send Maive back to mine existing probed sites until the purity runs low. THEN you can probe again. Maive will hold the probe data in the background for the last probed mining on EVERY planet. If you don't send her to a specific location, she will automatically mine the last site to which she was ordered. Maive is a F:censored:ing TROOPER and I love her to death!!! Love you Maive!:love:

8) Take ALL of the upgrades for the refinery as early as you can produce them. You can see what is required to produce each upgrade by going to see Krog during the day and clicking on his options for refinery or ship upgrades. Take them ALL!!!

9) Your warehouse has NO space or weight limitations. Store as much as you like. It will hold it ALL.

10) Be diligent and patient. Rome wasn't built in a day and mining resources DOES take time. I have had the privilege to help with alpha and beta testing for this game and made the mistake of mixing my alpha saves in with my keepers. Ooops!:oops: I had to restart from the beginning in the latest release version after amassing several hundred thousand credits and several thousand tons of billet. I have recreated nearly all I had accomplished in the alpha on the release version now and will keep alpha saves separate going forward. The big change I made in my replay was NOT purchasing the Phantom or the sandgroper as they can be manufactured for a fraction of their cost once we actually NEED them. Be diligent and patient. Keep Maive busy and play chess with Skylar. I sleep in the afternoon/evening (for immersion not need), play chess with Skylar all night, send Maive out to mine every morning only probing for new sites when the existing one starts to dry up and manage the refinery and hang out with Alexia unless I'm probing a new mining site with Maive during the day. I had what Xav recommended for stores sufficient to await the next update by day eighty something but I kept going. The mining and refining cycle is an infinite loop that you may repeat indefinitely so there are no time constraints. You may loose a few faction points doing this in the later game spending all that time working and not associating with the other factions but it has little effect on your status in this early stage of the game. So, I chose to fill my warehouse as well as I can at present. I do occasionally sell off my billet overage just to have the cash on hand but it's all virtual hoarding at this stage.

Currently I have over 200K credits as of day 111 and I attached a screenshot of my warehouse inventory and refinery just so you can see my results. I had just finished processing a large load of iron and sand at that point. I also had sold off some of my surplus billet along with my current stash of quartz. I will make another run at amassing more before the next update. I want to have EVERYTHING I will need to build my fleet! I had even more stashed during alpha testing but I'm sure I went overboard... at least a bit.
Hahahahahahaha:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I hope this helps you, my friend. :) Adventure ever on, Phat;)(y)
Base Profile Screenshot 2023.05.13 - 12.05.14.91.png Base Profile Screenshot 2023.05.13 - 12.05.26.99.png

Last edited:

chicho1958

Engaged Member
Donor
Apr 28, 2020
You are playing a game that is in early development. While I never played calypso till it was close to completion maybe 3 updates where left on it, I Imagine the time while he added trading was probably as painful. Just wait till v.6 then try it.
If you never played calypso I strongly suggest you play it

chicho1958

Engaged Member
Donor
Apr 28, 2020
yea should be more automated.
Seeing all the comments I think I'll check it out do 1 mining then edit save file not gonna spend hours mining but guess gonna have to start from beggining since I forgot how to do the mining thing besides to get to the new part won't take me much. ButI do remember Dev saying not to do much mining on last update, guess he didn't want me to edit save file soooo not listening to him this time or wait till we can build ships but with editing materials Dev gonna have to make a bigger universe since I'm making more ships than all the worlds ships together so gonna need some space,just gonna feel sorry for the other factions when I how up with 100 ships vs 10 :rolleyes:

PapaPhat

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
Seeing all the comments I think I'll check it out do 1 mining then edit save file not gonna spend hours mining but guess gonna have to start from beggining since I forgot how to do the mining thing besides to get to the new part won't take me much. ButI do remember Dev saying not to do much mining on last update, guess he didn't want me to edit save file soooo not listening to him this time or wait till we can build ships but with editing materials Dev gonna have to make a bigger universe since I'm making more ships than all the worlds ships together so gonna need some space,just gonna feel sorry for the other factions when I how up with 100 ships vs 10 :rolleyes:
Don't feel sorry for these other factions, my friend. They treat you like a flea on a dog's back, just a nagging itch to be scratched away. I don't intend to fight unless attacked or severely provoked. But, we'll see how it goes.

A note regarding resource management... You will be required to manage your resources in this game, i.e. mining, refining, production and ship building. This is a strong part of the game and will not be watered down or automated. So, Ottoeight, vogelbeest, and cxx you may wish to leave this title now as it does contain and will continue to expand upon these resource management requirements. The requirements will only grow further, not be automated or decrease. Don't go away mad, just go find something more to your liking. Thank you. Your grumbling and griping is not only unappreciated, it will not change anything. There are other titles. This one is obviously NOT for you. Have a pleasant day.

And Chico my friend, you can get by doing a basic amount of mining and refining. I put a mining post together earlier today that can help with mining and refining info. You can find it here... https://f95zone.to/threads/stellar-crossroads-v0-31-xavster-gaming.130694/post-10761738 I even included my current daily schedule that I follow for this update. This game is different from Callisto even though it takes place in the same galaxy, 80 years forward in time from the events of the Hive War. Once you have all of the upgrades established here, it only takes a few seconds to manage the flow. I check my inventory in the warehouse to see what I should be making, check raw materials on hand in the refinery and send Maive to mine whatever we need. The rest is just clicking a button here and there to keep the refinery doing what it should be doing and I spend the rest of the daytime hanging out with Alexia and Krog, sleeping in the late afternoon when there is nothing else to do and play chess with Skylar all night then repeat the cycle again the next morning. It is a bit of a grind but it's an easy grind IMHO. I love this game and look forward to the real fun once we have our own fleet and open additional gates into currently unknown space! Hope that helps you, my friend. :)

Adventure ever on, Phat;)(y)

Last edited:

Raziel_8

Engaged Member
Dec 4, 2017

View attachment 2618435

Here is it how it works and as said above you have no coal.
Here you have coal in storage bin A and iron in B
Screenshot (824).png
Then you select the what you want to make, the resources and in which storage bin/feed they are, resources which you can use for the current production are highlighted with a blue background. If you have the same resource in several bins you can choose which one you want to use.
Screenshot (822).png
So it looks when it works, and if you want to stop production you press the x, or just change production.
Screenshot (823).png

10) Be diligent and patient. Rome wasn't built in a day and mining resources DOES take time. I have had the privilege to help with alpha and beta testing for this game and made the mistake of mixing my alpha saves in with my keepers. Ooops!:oops: I had to restart from the beginning in the latest release version after amassing several hundred thousand credits and several thousand tons of billet. I have recreated nearly all I had accomplished in the alpha on the release version now and will keep alpha saves separate going forward. The big change I made in my replay was NOT purchasing the Phantom or the sandgroper as they can be manufactured for a fraction of their cost once we actually NEED them. Be diligent and patient. Keep Maive busy and play chess with Skylar. I sleep in the afternoon/evening (for immersion not need), play chess with Skylar all night, send Maive out to mine every morning only probing for new sites when the existing one starts to dry up and manage the refinery and hang out with Alexia unless I'm probing a new mining site with Maive during the day. I had what Xav recommended for stores sufficient to await the next update by day eighty something but I kept going. The mining and refining cycle is an infinite loop that you may repeat indefinitely so there are no time constraints. You may loose a few faction points doing this in the later game spending all that time working and not associating with the other factions but it has little effect on your status in this early stage of the game. So, I chose to fill my warehouse as well as I can at present. I do occasionally sell off my billet overage just to have the cash on hand but it's all virtual hoarding at this stage.

Currently I have over 200K credits as of day 111 and I attached a screenshot of my warehouse inventory and refinery just so you can see my results. I had just finished processing a large load of iron and sand at that point. I also had sold off some of my surplus billet along with my current stash of quartz. I will make another run at amassing more before the next update. I want to have EVERYTHING I will need to build my fleet! I had even more stashed during alpha testing but I'm sure I went overboard... at least a bit.
Hahahahahahaha:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Yeah i pretty much do all of that, i buyed two different ships thought, the Sandgroper is more effective than the Mule for low depth, and also buyed the Phantom and upgraded both money is not really an issue.
I have no problem that it takes time to produce things, that's fine. I just don't like how the mining, searching for depposites to be specific, is. Sorry that part is just no fun at and costs too much time.

Also the resources don't hold up that long, they sell out really fast when you are busy making money with Alexi's contacts.
Screenshot (821).png

Last edited:

PapaPhat

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
Here is it how it works and as said above you have no coal.
Here you have coal in storage bin A and iron in B
View attachment 2618528
Then you select the what you want to make, the resources and in which storage bin/feed they are, resources which you can use for the current production are highlighted with a blue background. If you have the same resource in several bins you can choose which one you want to use.
View attachment 2618530
So it looks when it works, and if you want to stop production you press the x, or just change production.
View attachment 2618535

Yeah i pretty much do all of that, i buyed two different ships through, the Sandgroper is more effective than the Mule for low depth, and also buyed the Phantom and upgraded both money is not really an issue.
I have no problem that it takes time to produce things, that's fine. I just don't like how the mining, searching for depposites to be specific, is. Sorry that part is just no fun at and costs too much time.

Also the resources don't hold up that long, they sell out really fast when you are busy making money with Alexi's contacts.
View attachment 2618556
Well played, my friend! Well told and shown as well. :)

Something I found is that we can run the Arc Furnace AND the Purifier simultaneously!
That was a real boon to production! :love::love::love::love::love:

Reactions: Raziel_8

chicho1958

Engaged Member
Donor
Apr 28, 2020
Don't feel sorry for these other factions, my friend. They treat you like a flea on a dog's back, just a nagging itch to be scratched away. I don't intend to fight unless attacked or severely provoked. But, we'll see how it goes.

A note regarding resource management... You will be required to manage your resources in this game, i.e. mining, refining, production and ship building. This is a strong part of the game and will not be watered down or automated. So, Ottoeight, vogelbeest, and cxx you may wish to leave this title now as it does contain and will continue to expand upon these resource management requirements. The requirements will only grow further, not be automated or decrease. Don't go away mad, just go find something more to your liking. Thank you. Your grumbling and griping is not only unappreciated, it will not change anything. There are other titles. This one is obviously NOT for you. Have a pleasant day.

And Chico my friend, you can get by doing a basic amount of mining and refining. I put a mining post together earlier today that can help with mining and refining info. You can find it here... https://f95zone.to/threads/stellar-crossroads-v0-31-xavster-gaming.130694/post-10761738 I even included my current daily schedule that I follow for this update. This game is different from Callisto even though it takes place in the same galaxy, 80 years forward in time from the events of the Hive War. Once you have all of the upgrades established here, it only takes a few seconds to manage the flow. I check my inventory in the warehouse to see what I should be making, check raw materials on hand in the refinery and send Maive to mine whatever we need. The rest is just clicking a button here and there to keep the refinery doing what it should be doing and I spend the rest of the daytime hanging out with Alexia and Krog, sleeping in the late afternoon when there is nothing else to do and play chess with Skylar all night then repeat the cycle again the next morning. It is a bit of a grind but it's an easy grind IMHO. I love this game and look forward to the real fun once we have our own fleet and open additional gates into currently unknown space! Hope that helps you, my friend. :)

Remember when Dev said not to grind because of this update I should've kept grinding now have to start over because forgot how to do it but doesn't bother me becausse game i just starting and yes gonnaa make the biggest fleet in history of all games, because by now your kids are grown ups and they probable be looking for me to do some more pranks just want to be prepared this time, don't like the smell of burnt meat especially when it's mine :ROFLMAO: :LOL: :D . Will check the update later playing something else will probably finish in a few hours

• Haha

PapaPhat

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
Remember when Dev said not to grind because of this update I should've kept grinding now have to start over because forgot how to do it but doesn't bother me becausse game i just starting and yes gonnaa make the biggest fleet in history of all games, because by now your kids are grown ups and they probable be looking for me to do some more pranks just want to be prepared this time, don't like the smell of burnt meat especially when it's mine :ROFLMAO: :LOL: :D . Will check the update later playing something else will probably finish in a few hours
Dude! Hahaha:ROFLMAO: ALL of the Helion folks moved away, OUT of Orion galaxy. That includes the kids! They are gone now. There are zero Helion folks left in the Orion galaxy now. So, you can spare the burn ointment! Hahaha:ROFLMAO:

And yes, I did a bit more grinding than is necessary for this update and plan to do a bit more. The only thing I haven't mined thus far is diamond. I'll wait until I can make the Phantom for that. The Phantom is the deepest driller. The benefits to the Sandgroper is that it's faster at gathering sand and has a higher payload than the Mule. Both ships can fill their hold in one work day. The Sandgroper just has a much larger capacity. I'll make one of each when the next update hits and retire the mule. Maive is a keeper though! Love Maive!:love::love::love::love::love: We can compete to see who can make the largest fleet if you like. Enjoy!

And, adventure ever on my friend, Phat;)(y)

ImperialD

Devoted Member
Oct 24, 2019
dev i don't think you got this furnace thing working right ... unless i'm fucking it up ,,,, see screenshot :

moskyx

Engaged Member
Jun 17, 2019
dev i don't think you got this furnace thing working right ... unless i'm fucking it up ,,,, see screenshot :
The blast furnace needs coal in one feed, and some other mineral in the other feed to produce a billet of said mineral. Once you get the coal and the mineral, you'll see a big green 'ACTIVE' under the details section

• Red Heart

ImperialD

Devoted Member
Oct 24, 2019
The blast furnace needs coal in one feed, and some other mineral in the other feed to produce a billet of said mineral. Once you get the coal and the mineral, you'll see a big green 'ACTIVE' under the details section
shiiiiittttt .. i fucking thought that was the problem .... fuck ... thanks :)

Reactions: moskyx

Ahchi

Forum Fanatic
Jul 17, 2020
To make Iron billets you need "Iron" and "COAL".
You have "Iron" and "Nickle",
Reload a save from before you mined the Nickel and mine iron and COAL.

• Haha
Reactions: ImperialD
3.40 star(s) 8 Votes