Sergey Taboritsky

Jun 23, 2022
I played this game a while ago, and lost it due to its... unique name. Took a literal year until I found it again on accident, I recommend you change the name of the game to anything else so that these problems don't happen as much to people looking for this game. Assuming that you update the game one day.

e6mill

Aug 4, 2022
I played this game a while ago, and lost it due to its... unique name. Took a literal year until I found it again on accident, I recommend you change the name of the game to anything else so that these problems don't happen as much to people looking for this game. Assuming that you update the game one day.
I've found it before by searching for Gort (the hunter's name - also the robot from The Day the Earth Stood Still). :sneaky:

Reactions: Over1ord_1

UnoriginalUserName

Engaged Member
Sep 3, 2017
How could you possibly "misplace" the game? It's : "Story - Story and Magic : The magical story of Story (the MC's name), a magician. Join Story and experience his magical story of story and magic!" :sneaky:

BCGuy

Oct 30, 2022
Looks like this game is no longer available through GOFILE. When I clicked on that link, I got a "Folder not found' error.

frogbert

Oct 15, 2018
Shame that the dev is going to let this one die just because he's being stubborn about the name.
There's no way a game can take off when nobody can even find it.

(I finally found it by searching RPDL, and there were 150 games with the word "Story" more recently updated than this one!)

This game is really something different but you can't fight the search engines. Just think if people had found London newspapers by Googling in the 19th century. "The Times" would have gone under in a week. "Time" magazine? No way.

But that's how it is now ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Reactions: Brannon

Brannon

Nov 2, 2017
Shame that the dev is going to let this one die just because he's being stubborn about the name.
There's no way a game can take off when nobody can even find it.

(I finally found it by searching RPDL, and there were 150 games with the word "Story" more recently updated than this one!)

This game is really something different but you can't fight the search engines. Just think if people had found London newspapers by Googling in the 19th century. "The Times" would have gone under in a week. "Time" magazine? No way.

But that's how it is now ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I see that as a mix of "stubborn" and "fatalist".
The dev on the one hand wants to basically rebel despite being told multiple times that his way to do so is not effective at all.
On the other hand he seems to think the lack of a proper title keeps the trolls away.
I mean he is kind of right on the second one. But mainly because neither trolls nor legit users can find the game.

The story of story is good enough that if the game had an actually meaningful/searchable title it would garner attention.
As it is only hardcore fans who have bookmarked the first page in their browser know about it.

Reactions: pip34
4.30 star(s) 22 Votes