VN Ren'Py Straight!? [Revamp v0.10.1] [Aaryn]

4.90 star(s) 49 Votes

momopozo

Feb 11, 2022
Does anyone know how to make the menu choices do not appear over the edge of the screen, and appear immediately? This shit is wildly annoying.

momopozo

Feb 11, 2022
I like to play games with m/m content sometimes and this one definitely deserves its high marks. I like the realistic (as far as I can tell) development of the story. Well-written dialogue and story in general (although sometimes the MC gets lost in near-philos reasoning with himself and gets a bit boring). Also at first very annoying menu choices appearing from behind the edge of the screen, it made my eyes glaze over. But then I got used to it.
I wish the developer to successfully finish this excellent story.

p.s Forgot to add. At first I couldn't get rid of the feeling that the MC is Derek from DIK.

Last edited:

onodamakoto

Mar 4, 2021
I played the DIK too, MC (Zack) is really quite a bit looks like Derek.
I love the character, Braden. Very cute~
And the character of Big Brother, Max.
Honestly, this is the BEST Gay Game I ever played. Please keep on update!!!

Reactions: D-Andy

Aaryn

Game Developer
May 4, 2017
Consummate unprofessional is the way I have lived my life. It's worked pretty well for me. lol

I've followed the game and Aaryn now for a couple of years. I'm proud of his work.

Hell, I wish there were five other projects going on like this at almost all points in time. But, crafting a narrative for stories that reach other individuals is hard enough, and I have no doubt that attempting to learn coding at this point of my life would only add to my frustration and apathetic responses.

I say take the time, make the story you're proud of, and keep being yourself. It's amazing to think that when the project is done, not to mention so far, how many lives and people it can reach. Even when we're gone, art and stories last, so in a way, more than a game, you're making a legacy project.

Loves to all you people
Glad you're still around, man. I appreciate the patience, and as always: I hope it's worth it. I don't think I've really ever had someone say one of these updates wasn't worth the wait. I know they take a long time but other games on the site here take 3-4 months to update then you get about 10 minutes worth of gameplay. Usually these updates take an hour or two to get through. This one is honestly taking longer than I thought it would because I've never written an ending and that's intimidating and I psyched myself out a little in addition to just trying to learn a few more things regularly such as Depth of Field that we saw included at the end of the last update. The story does mean more to me than getting things out quickly. On here, people seem to focus on the time it takes for updates. I seriously appreciate my not having a fanbase like the Wife and Mother lot that type up spreadsheets with all kinds of algorithms and stuff to show how much time they think devs should spend on the game. That shit is crazy to me-- not on a passion project like this-- I have to be in the mood for it so it hits. Which is why i release it for free because I don't intend to milk development time.

Does anyone know how to make the menu choices do not appear over the edge of the screen, and appear immediately? This shit is wildly annoying.
They're intentionally designed to do that. The instant appearing menus is the default way that renpy does code and I thought it was super boring so I changed it.

I like to play games with m/m content sometimes and this one definitely deserves its high marks. I like the realistic (as far as I can tell) development of the story. Well-written dialogue and story in general (although sometimes the MC gets lost in near-philos reasoning with himself and gets a bit boring). Also at first very annoying menu choices appearing from behind the edge of the screen, it made my eyes glaze over. But then I got used to it.
I wish the developer to successfully finish this excellent story.

p.s Forgot to add. At first I couldn't get rid of the feeling that the MC is Derek from DIK.
Yeah, the philosophy stuff is purposeful and very important to me personally. It's part of the development of the characters as well as being one the primary things that most people send me letters about because it resonates. I have detailed explanations on free on my Patreon if you're interested but basically it's me working through my own sexuality and arguing with many of the things that held me back with accepting myself.

I played the DIK too, MC (Zack) is really quite a bit looks like Derek.
I love the character, Braden. Very cute~
And the character of Big Brother, Max.
Honestly, this is the BEST Gay Game I ever played. Please keep on update!!!
I had someone recommend checking that game out several months ago but I've never played it

Kronordil

Jul 9, 2018
Aaryn you do realise that after a good game like this, we will have insane expectations from the next project you get on. I'm thinking Unreal Engine, fully animated, probably motion capture and voiceovers. I hear GoT actors are available... I mean, spreadsheets are coming :LOL:

Edit: also, please take care of yourself and take your time. We shall wait

• Haha
Reactions: mortimerX and Aaryn

Aaryn

Game Developer
May 4, 2017
Aaryn you do realise that after a good game like this, we will have insane expectations from the next project you get on. I'm thinking Unreal Engine, fully animated, probably motion capture and voiceovers. I hear GoT actors are available... I mean, spreadsheets are coming :LOL:

Edit: also, please take care of yourself and take your time. We shall wait
lmfao. if you see me on TV with a bunch of people acting like they're answering telephones that actually aren't ringing then you'll know I failed the budget check

Aaryn

Game Developer
May 4, 2017
Hey all, permit a brief message of shameless marketing but also an opportunity for people here that don't follow me on other platforms. We've released a trailer for the ending of the game, which I'm planning to get released this month (July 2022). Right now, the trailer is available for $20 patreons and will gradually drop down to the lower tiers, eventually being free. Unfortunately, I can't list it on Patreon for free because there's a few adult content shots and that violates their TOS so once it's time to publicly release the trailer for free, i'll probably just post a link on my . This way I can still release it for free but not violate anything. The paid version of the trailer is just early access. Warning: it's pretty emotional so grab tissues for reasons other than what people usually use them for on this site, lol.

Please only donate if you're able to. The world and the economy is a mess for a lot of you so don't forget that. Take care of yourself first. Remember, the actual game release will go to Patreons first for early access and then I'll upload it for free 3 weeks later.

Aaryn

Game Developer
May 4, 2017
Just posted an extensive thank you post on my Patreon page. You shouldn't need an account to view it. It contains a new slide that will boot when the next update drops and I'd like to invite all of your to check it out in detail. You don't have to have been a past subscriber or donated or anything like that for this to be directed at you. If you've been a fan or enjoyed this story, please know that I'm indebted to you and I mean every word of this thank you.

zap-69

Dec 6, 2021
Thank you Aaryn and all your helping hands for the years of hard work. The Last Chapter is online on Patreon since 14th. I felt so much love in the hours I played the game and the thoughts are by the friends weeks later after the earlier parts. I have no clue how you made the story so engaging. I hope a lot of young guys and girls who don´t dare to come out, play this game. Give them hope and show what they would miss. Thank you for give it for free after a few weeks for so many people. And thanks to all Patreons who give Aaryn some support to make it possible.

• Red Heart
Reactions: mortimerX and Aaryn

Aaryn

Game Developer
May 4, 2017
Thank you Aaryn and all your helping hands for the years of hard work. The Last Chapter is online on Patreon since 14th. I felt so much love in the hours I played the game and the thoughts are by the friends weeks later after the earlier parts. I have no clue how you made the story so engaging. I hope a lot of young guys and girls who don´t dare to come out, play this game. Give them hope and show what they would miss. Thank you for give it for free after a few weeks for so many people. And thanks to all Patreons who give Aaryn some support to make it possible.
heya, thanks for the love and thanks for taking the game the way I intended it. it's funny, idk how it all worked out in the end either... I can honestly say, while I had some difficulty in parts doing this, this story mostly wrote itself. And np for the free version. That's something that I always wanted to do and i think it helps convey how serious I was about the project and the purpose behind it. Sadly, the majority of the games you see in this genre are just cash cows, milking, or shitty toxic people that are overly cocky and just trying to take money from people. I wanted to do something different and I wanted to consistently show the same message outside of the game as I did inside it. I wanted this story to help people if it could and I'm eternally grateful for having the inbox of messages that I do saying that. It's a cool feeling and I couldn't be more grateful for the opportunity to twist this genre in a new direction.

Aaryn

Game Developer
May 4, 2017
Ho-ly shit what a fucking emotion rollercoaster man. Fantastic visual novel. Fantastic art. Fantastic characters. Fantastic storyline. Fan-fucking-tastic writing all around.
lmao. hi
And thanks for the love. glad you liked it. the ending is coming Aug 3rd then i'm working on a revamp because the beginning needs a lot of work. Overwhelming positive feedback on the current Patreon build that has the ending tho so stay tuned.

JokerLeader

Former Legendary Game Compressor
Modder
Game Compressor
Donor
Mar 16, 2019
Straight!? [v0.21.4] [Compressed]

Original Size Win/Linux: 4.56 GB
Original Size Mac: 4.52 GB

Compressed Size Win/Linux: 927 MB: -
Compressed Size Mac: 893 MB: -

Compressing process reduces image/audio/video quality and can break the game, be aware of that.

You can find all of my Walkthrough Mods content here:
or you can
Check out my

Last edited:

vision192

Dec 11, 2018
I just finished the game, my head is swimming with thoughts so bear with me as I unpack them here. Sorry for the wall of text.

First of all, thank you again for telling such a deep and relatable story. I mentioned in my original comment in this thread way back in 2019 that I had never seen a fictional character express inner turmoil that was so similar to how I have felt and that remains true. This is a game I wish had existed when I were a bit younger. I know it wouldn't have fixed everything I had going on, but seeing this type of struggle play out and get resolution in an ultimately healthy way might have given me more strength when I found myself lacking it. For those reasons alone, this visual novel has become my favorite piece of gay media, and I count it among one of the best stories I've read overall. Period.

As for the ending... I don't want to go into too many details here in case someone reads this comment before getting there themselves, I definitely think this story is one that's worth fully experiencing. You made me cry dude. Not because I thought the ending was sad, but because it was over. There have been few times in my life when I got to the end of a story and I was sad to see it end, and this is the only time I've ever cried because of it. I wasn't entirely surprised by how it ended, I guessed ages ago that was where things might be heading based on that hint you put in the game. I am happy things ended up the way they did though.

Since another person mentioned the lack of a sex scene, I guess I'll leave my thoughts on that too. Am I disappointed they didn't actually fuck in the end? I'd be lying if I didn't say I was a little bit. Do I think it needs a complete sex scene to be a well executed story and romance? Nah. If you're ending the story here, then what we got is perfectly acceptable to me considering this stage of Braden and Zack's relationship and their inexperience. If you ever decided to continue their story, which from that question mark you stuck in at then end I'd wager you've at least considered, I'd very much love to see their actual first time. Sex with someone you love isn't about smut however, there's a deep emotional connection there that it feels like too many gay guys easily forget about just to chase a fleeting moment of pleasure. So if you did end up creating this scene, I hope you'd keep that part in mind as well.

I understand you are planning to do an overhaul of the beginning of the game, and at least for now this is the end. If you ever feel like continuing on with Zack and Braden I think you've left yourself plenty of material to tell yet another impactful story with them (the clusterfuck that Zack's family life appears to be an obvious angle) and personally I'd love to see what's next for the two. If not, I'm grateful for being able to witness this small part of their lives and I'm sad to see them go.

I do feel bad about not contributing to your patreon, here you've creating a fucking masterpiece that's easily become one of my favorite stories of all time, yet I'm unable to compensate you for it. If I manage to improve my financial situation at least to the point where I don't have to borrow my neighbor's wifi just to use the internet, you have my word I'll send something your way.

Reactions: Aaryn

nikxxxy

Apr 5, 2020
I'm sure the story is deep, it's a pity that I don't know English well enough to appreciate it, don't plan to add Russian?

4.90 star(s) 49 Votes