Moonage

Dec 28, 2018
You guys are too new to this "Pirate shores" and do not know that what's happening is actually perfectly normal. Also you people just read the posts of the previous releases and then calculate and assume everything which increases your frustrations everyday. You weren't exactly there at the real-time. The dev's posts aren't the exact release dates, he edits them all the time until he doesn't care anymore and releases when he wants to. So, his actual release is usually very far away. There are always new wise-guys to these "shores" who are ignorant.
Calling people ignorant doesn't make friends very well. You could have very easily have been informational without resorting to assholiness. This is the only thread I've been in, for several years, where the author routinely does not do what he says he is going to do. Some simply don't make announcements they have no intention of keeping. Updates just magically appear and they announce the arrival, see ZetanDS, Belle. Some are very strict about when they release updates, see NLT Media. Some only make announcements when there is a problem, see MikeMasters. So, some of the people you are labelling as ignorant actually have real facts and reasons to support their gripe. You however, have nothing but childish name calling. The author of this game is doing himself no favors at all by routinely proving he's not to be trusted. Rather than making announcements he has no plan to keep, he would be better served to simply announce when he actually does have something to talk about. The marketing of any product relies as much on the presentation as the product itself. His product is good. His marketing detracts from it. And I can assure you, I don't read every post here. 99% of it is childish arguing.

filochard

Feb 1, 2018

Stranded Dick 0.14 - Important Message
Hi friends,
Sorry for the delay, last Monday morning I had a big problem with my computer. My motherboard and the SSD drive broke and I was working to solve it so I could continue with the release (fortunately, I didn't lose any data).
The good news is that I was able to buy and replace both components and now I am back working on version 0.14 (checking and fixing the remaining bugs).
The version will be coming out in the next few days but I will be uploading now the links where the download files will be located (so you can have access when it's released).

Qalx

Sep 29, 2022

Stranded Dick 0.14 - Important Message
Hi friends,
Sorry for the delay, last Monday morning I had a big problem with my computer. My motherboard and the SSD drive broke and I was working to solve it so I could continue with the release (fortunately, I didn't lose any data).
The good news is that I was able to buy and replace both components and now I am back working on version 0.14 (checking and fixing the remaining bugs).
The version will be coming out in the next few days but I will be uploading now the links where the download files will be located (so you can have access when it's released).
it's clear that computer spare parts are harder to get to the island, it's a miracle it only took 2 weeks... let's hope no more typhoons, pirates, the dodo bird etc

Qalx

Sep 29, 2022
So no one will do anything for him releasing the $10 release 10 days after $40 instead of the same time like he said? He is going back on his words and its unfair. Also do you really think his hardware broke? I bet its a lie to stall time. The prediction that the game won't come here until 2nd week of August was real.

Stranded Dick 0.14 - $10 tier - Available 10 days after the release
(Keep the download link) PC – Folder Link Mac – Folder Link...
inconceivable-princessbride.gif

Moonage

Dec 28, 2018
No, $40 patrons are hardcore supporters who are positively biased forever. They will praise him for delaying. And no, they won't get $4o complainer like you because you can't
I used to. Have you ever? As I've stated before, I was a Patron for a while but there was really no reward in doing so because updates were so slow. If I'm going to wait six months for 10 minutes of play time, waiting six months and three weeks didn't make any real difference.

andrewgf988

Dec 1, 2022
Well, I did do $20 once just to get the game and then cancel it. Of course it was a low point in time where I needed the game badly, or else I would never give it to him for being always late. This dev missed big time on earning patrons. I planned to pledge 5 of my favorite games next year when I get a job and potential donations if I earn more to help these devs. But this dev is not getting any. He is not even in the list even though I love the characters of the game. I think the dev hates people giving him money. He does not like money. He loves the smell of poor.
I think that this developer is developing this game alone, so he can't meet the deadline due to having too much work to do. That's why he always finds excuses to extend the release time. Of course, doing this will make everyone, especially his patrons, dissatisfied. However, because it's a good game, they may overlook it. Maybe we should come back to this thread after a year to experience the "big update" :)))

Reactions: yrban7477

Qalx

Sep 29, 2022
Even I am trying to overlook it every time and it makes me look like a hypocrite. But sometimes there are times that trigger you and then its done for good. I understand he might a one man developer but the main point is his lies. If he said he would release it next year, then I wouldn't be bothered at all. But he gave a date no one asked for then he didn't deliver. Also, the main problem is its not 1 or 3 times now but many and counting. There is no need for excuses, people don't even use this thread anymore or even aware about his game. After a year of maybe 3 updates, I'd say 10 minutes of gameplay and of course ntr Steve content and no Lil/Sis and Land Lady penetration
taken in account that's now Thursday and he can't recovered yet I guess he broke his screen saver too...

3.20 star(s) 62 Votes