Raziel_8

Engaged Member
Dec 4, 2017
Routes/paths aren't for everyone, I can understand your position.
But wouldn't routes mean u can reject LI's u don't like ?
Because in a previous post u didn't seem sure u will implement the choice to reject LI's.

Or do u mean routes/paths as in, forced relation with all LI's, but the relationship with said LI's will be different, sub/dom as an example ?

dolfe67

Forum Fanatic
Apr 25, 2020
So I finished the actual content (day 8) and I like the writing a lot, the mysterious plot and character's interactions. Renders and animations are pretty good too.

Though it still feels like kinetic novel, but with some branching. Sure you can choose your future neighbor (only between 2 girls) or which girl to wake up from cryo. But you don't have control over the MC, you can't choose how he reacts to the different situations. It's strengthen by the fact that the game is told in the third person ("[name] do that" instead of "You do that"). So why even naming the MC?

Still, I'll follow the game to see where it's going.

Reactions: Raziel_8

Wildman Dev

Game Developer
Dec 19, 2021
But wouldn't routes mean u can reject LI's u don't like ?
Because in a previous post u didn't seem sure u will implement the choice to reject LI's.

Or do u mean routes/paths as in, forced relation with all LI's, but the relationship with said LI's will be different, sub/dom as an example ?
Rejecting the LIs is something that might be implemented, at least in the sex scene sense. For me it's a tough sell because it's a lot of work putting this all together, and something that could take 3 hours to playthrough might suddenly take 2 because of all the rejections... it's just a less-value proposition. But of course I understand some players not being interested in certain LIs.

Your question about routes/paths is mostly accurate. Most (but not all) routes/paths will offer a different kind of relationship, different sexual content, different dialogue/scenes, things like that.

dolfe67

Forum Fanatic
Apr 25, 2020
For me it's a tough sell because it's a lot of work putting this all together, and something that could take 3 hours to playthrough might suddenly take 2 because of all the rejections... it's just a less-value proposition.
Then you should make a pure kinetic novel without any choice if you think like that. It's not far from it anyway. It wouldn't be misleading.

Reactions: BossToff and qaywsx

portgasdluigi

Jul 24, 2021
Rejecting the LIs is something that might be implemented, at least in the sex scene sense. For me it's a tough sell because it's a lot of work putting this all together, and something that could take 3 hours to playthrough might suddenly take 2 because of all the rejections... it's just a less-value proposition. But of course I understand some players not being interested in certain LIs.

Your question about routes/paths is mostly accurate. Most (but not all) routes/paths will offer a different kind of relationship, different sexual content, different dialogue/scenes, things like that.
I'm here for all these ladies, I like some more than others, but I couldn't imagine not being interested one.

X[]-[]X

Aug 28, 2021
Curious question. What happens when you don't arrange events on the laptop: Do they happen anyway? or do different events happen?

Cirdon

Nov 27, 2019
For me it's a tough sell because it's a lot of work putting this all together, and something that could take 3 hours to playthrough might suddenly take 2 because of all the rejections... it's just a less-value proposition.
Think of it more as a more-value because it adds replay time. Once through with this (or these LI's) once through with this/these other LI's.

The player still eventually gets to enjoy all your hard work but in whatever order/direction they want to.

Wildman Dev

Game Developer
Dec 19, 2021
Think of it more as a more-value because it adds replay time. Once through with this (or these LI's) once through with this/these other LI's.

The player still eventually gets to enjoy all your hard work but in whatever order/direction they want to.
That's actually my hope in relation to the major decisions. In the long run, to create replayability/playtime. To wake up Nemy and choose Lira as your neighbor, then in a different playthrough wake up Daphne and choose Camila as your neighbor. There will be multiple unique scenes based off those two choices, as an example.

Aug 11, 2017
If a player doesn't want to see scenes with a specific LI they will just skip them so not giving the option to avoid them isn't adding any value, it's just wasting the player's time and making them more likely to get bored and look elsewhere.

Reactions: BossToff and qaywsx

Wildman Dev

Game Developer
Dec 19, 2021
If a player doesn't want to see scenes with a specific LI they will just skip them so not giving the option to avoid them isn't adding any value, it's just wasting the player's time and making them more likely to get bored and look elsewhere.
You may very well be right, Tim. It's why the dream is to make all my characters enjoyable enough to not want to be skipped.

An impossible task, but fun to try nonetheless.

2382dudubes

Mar 20, 2019
Uncaught exception on lapton when clicking on Umiko in Resident list:

Code:
  File "game/laptoplabels.rpy", line 204, in <module>
File "game/laptopd4.rpy", line 879, in execute
File "game/laptopd4.rpy", line 879, in execute
File "game/laptopd4.rpy", line 884, in execute
File "game/laptopd4.rpy", line 889, in execute
File "game/laptopd4.rpy", line 1089, in execute
File "game/laptopd4.rpy", line 1090, in execute
File "game/laptopd4.rpy", line 1090, in <module>
NameError: name 'umiko_girls' is not defined
Clicking ignore kicks into menu. Clicking rollback rolls back, with no way to advance ("Let's do it").

Code:
Windows-10-10.0.19041
Ren'Py 7.4.10.2175
Stranded In Space 1.0
edit: nvm, didn't see there was a Bug fix

Last edited:
4.10 star(s) 87 Votes