• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Ren'Py - Stranded in Space [Days 1-18 Elysium] [WildMan Games]

1. 2.00 star(s)

InstaPrincess

Jesus, please get an editor! There is a good game in there, somewhere. The Social Media is fun and the girls talking to each other instead of just the MC is a nice change (even if it is all about him in the end). The choices are meaningful in the context of the story.

BUT this quickly degenerates into a wordy soap opera, where absolutely nothing ever happens. All the girls talk endlessly about trivial shit and I do mean ENDLESSLY. Even if you skip through the latest update, it'll take you an hour to go through lines and lines and lines and lines of text devoid of any meaningful content.

You are drowning your game in meaningless drivel.

The sex scenes that spawn in this ocean of words now and then, are animated but devoid of feeling. It feels very clinical, especially with the frozen unnatural smiles the girls display anytime everywhere, regardless of what they do or say.

Not recommended at this time.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

Grimmpeter

Very well written, a lot of content and many girls with completely different characters. One hotter than the other. I've been playing for hours now and I'm still hooked. A great game. And the protagonist is Swiss, very cool.
  3. 2.00 star(s)

Porthas

The good:
    The premise is interesting and it tries to be different. I like that.

The bad:
    The author is basically talking to himself/herself and trying to crack himself/herself up the entire game. The author really likes to talk. Or type. Everything is talked to ad nauseum. There's even a social media part of the game, even though you're all on a ship and could just walk over to the other characters and talk to them face-to-face.

The AI in your head is hideous and stupid.

There's little choice when it comes to the players interest. If you're okay with girl-on-girl action and threesomes and orgies, then that's to your taste. This game might be for you. If you aren't interested in that, well you're kinda shit out of luck.

The sex scenes aren't rendered very well. Picture an oil well mechanism going up and down. That's how much fun it is to watch the sex scenes and that's what they resemble.

I was interested in a few of the mysteries, but the bad has outweighed the good, for my tastes, time to quit.

My advice. Pick up the pace - less words - they stand around talking to each other and that gets boring, quickly. Engage in characterization, they stand around talking to each other but it's like standing around talking to yourself, since the characters don't really stand out. Dev, or whomever the writer is, you're writing to make yourself chuckle the entire time. There's no let-up or pacing to the humor. You have to be really good at writing to do that, also the visuals need to support the humor. Take Robin Williams, for instance. His humor isn't in just what he says, it's how he says it. It's in his face, his body, his voice inflections. You have to bring that all across in your game to help the humor, if you want the game to be as zany as I think you want it to be.

The social media segment of each day is cool for a different type of game. It doesn't make much sense in this setting and it just bogs down the pace of the game.
  4. 5.00 star(s)

Wahcha

First I want to say this game is very good, easily one of the best character driven harem games on here.

I will say if you're looking for a quick fap this is NOT the game for you, it has plenty of scenes but this game really relies on that build up of story, romance, tension to make the scenes really hit. Which while I love, is not for everything.

My only main gripe with this game is I found the 'main' storyline' a bit lacking, not that it isn't interesting to some degree but i often felt like it was interrupting these really fun character moments and I just wanted it to go away at times. This is a more personal bias I think though and not reflective of the quality of the game.

The sex scenes are done well and while mostly vanilla there are a few extra fun things in there that spice is up, i would have enjoyed a bit more kink overall but I think its all done great.

To me, this is a 5/5 game, one of the better written characters on this entire site to be honest, good scenes, unique models, fun premise, and an MC who isn't a total idiot. Whats not to love
  5. 5.00 star(s)

UselessSphinx

This VN has pretty much everything tossed in there.

Great story
    Amazing characters( only my opinion)
    Amazing humor
    Beautiful women

Mix all of those things together and you have Stranded in Space. There are so many things going on in this VN that you really don't want to miss any of it. The humor is excellent, the drama is in just the right amount that you don't get weighed down with it, and the crazy chick is hilarious as well.

When I first started this VN and discovered the humor, I hoped that it would last. ( because lets face it, sometimes the dev loses it after a certain point) but this didn't happen. In combination with the great story, and beautiful women, WildMan Games has done an excellent job at blending everything into a pretty awesome experience with this VN.
    Good luck and keep up the wonderful work being done here. I highly recommend this VN
  6. 3.00 star(s)

Krocx

I would honestly give this game a five star rating if it was not for the paiges puzzles (I was in a major car accident a few years ago and these types of puzzles are too difficult thanks to having memory problems), zara (I can't stand being forced to be with a complete nutjob, I find her model very attractive but she is way too neurotic for what I can deal with) and the lack of pics/content in general with Lira and Elsie as they are tied for most attractive girls on the ship (in my book).

This game has made me laugh far more that most movies, t.v. and games that have come out in years.

Edit: Had yet to really play day 16 or 17 when I reviewed this. I dropped it a star because two of the characters did a complete 180 from shy/confused to straight nympho's. Chamila's body during one scene changed comepletely from having a tight fit body with a slight thigh gap while light skin to a body with thick chubby thighs, a chubby ass, chubby stomach and a dark tan. I don't think a single conversation didn't include the MC begging for anal (not my thing but I know many people seem to like having their dick covered in shit for some reason so I typically accept it, but when the MC just begs everyone for it it gets annoying). The sex room is understandable but also makes no sense considering we had to choose between two people to get a room just a short time ago and while one of them didn't get a room two girls just go off and setup a room just for sex when isn't that why the MC has a room of his own to begin with? If there is zero backlash over a room created for sex that is just going to be bad writing.

The dialog has also gotten really boring and I find myself skipping a ton of dialog, the game is starting to feel like single again in the useless dialog added to pad out the game department. The strip club back story makes no sense, the MC sounds like basically a virgin before turning 20 a year he can not remember only to be working at a stip club fucking everyone to then work for a mega corp fucking everyone to showing up on a spaceship unable to remember anything....Oh and please stop showing the MC in almost every scene, the game used to be mainly pov with the occasional scene with the MC completely visible to being mainly showing the MC with the rare pov shot.

Also the strange reverse triangle nipples and many of the girls straight looking like they are made of plastic or their bodies looking very different during sex scenes feels like the renders are being half assed.

I still enjoy the game, but day 16 and 17 felt like a HUGE drop in quality.
  7. 3.00 star(s)

The_Ismand

Version Played: 1.81 D1-D17

Well, it certainly took me a while to reach day 17, but here we are at last. For a long time it looked liked SiS could justify a small 5 star rating, due to the increasing quality levels past the first week. Alas, it kinda stayed at a worthy 4 Stars, sliding down into a 3 star rating over the course of the last 2 ingame days. Well, lets get started. Gonna use a simple Pro, Meh, Con approach.

Pros:
    - Finally a title where MC is equipped with a large, yet realistic sized wang that doesn’t look like it would cause more pain than pleasure during PIV. (I have a sneaking suspicion that the wang size was increased over the course of the game, but i'm not sure).
    - Paige, the AI, does have her good moments, pointing out when MC is being stupid about things and she also ensures that he has a relationship with at least 1 character who isn’t also a target of affection.
    - Some of the girls are also good at calling out MC on his bullshit. Love you Camilla.
    - Good looking “liquids”.
    - A quite diverse cast of heroines in terms of both looks and especially personalities. Other than the diversity, almost all characters are highly likable in their own way and feel like natural living beings.
    - Good looking sci-fi scenery and assets.
    - Plot can be split in 3 sections as mentioned some older reviews here. The harem shenanigans are the A plot. The Endurance troubles and everything directly related is the B plot. The flashbacks are the C plot. While the B plot didn’t get as much time as it should, it is still a good story, both in terms of premise and execution.
    - With the exception of animations (see below in Meh section) the H scenes are almost exclusively great and good. Length, build-up/foreplay, lewd dialogue, it just works out really well.

Mehs (hit or miss):
    - It is a bit annoying as a European to not have the character information listed in metric.
    - Some of the bra sizes (Ishani and Alina at least) needs to be changed. Their builds are not stocky enough, relative to their height, to warrent a band size 42. Should be 36 or 38 at most. Cup sizes seem mostly accurate.
    - Number of characters is too high. Then again, given how many characters there are, they are handled in a very balanced way and you never feel like some of them ends up being forgotten. The laptop convos are a good way to avoid having specific heroines disappear for longer durations. The too-high number of characters is also the main reason why the A plot takes up so much time in the first place.
    - Size inconsistency across outfits and just outfits that looks distorted because they were designed for bodies/models with more normal proportions. It's usually cloth that unaturally hugs the underside of larger boobs. Haylee and Ishani are the prime offenders.
    - At some point dicks are being mentioned as being more prettier than pussies. That’s preposterous!
    - Why is Ariels virginity valued so highly by MC?
    - Quite a lot of dialogue with Paige feels like blatant foreshadowing. Almost to the point where I would consider it breaking the 4th wall. This happens with almost every recap and it is a little too on the nose. Feels like MC is self-aware about being in a VN/game. I also get the impression that we are constantly being told what to think and feel.
    - I don’t get why the medication MC gets is about boosting semen production. So far, he isn’t specifically trying to knock up the girls, with 1 exception, so what is the point. Biologically speaking, the actual issue MC will face, is keeping up with the combined libido of 16 girls, where general stamina, sore kegel muscles and refractory periods are the limiting factors. These factors are mostly unrelated to semen volume or quality as far as I know.
    - Smiling and blank facial expressions in the early game. Around day 10 it starts to gradually improve.
    - Inconsistent height of MC? During a scene with Umiko (5’1) he (6’1) is no more than a forehead taller than her while supposedly standing on the same flat surface.
    - Animations are very hit or miss. The movements are smooth and the models looks soft and squishy. But depending on the type of movement depicted, they can also look very rigid. Especially movements involving the spine and hips, where a fair amount of twisting and bending is to be expected.

Cons:
    Almost everything here is related to Paige, MC and i guess the influence Paige has on MC.

- I got rather tired of MC always sounding like the combination of a stereotypical pick-up artist and B-rate comedian. Barely ever a serious moment with him.
    -Size of MC’s dong is brought up too much and described as being huge, when it is in fact just quite large and reasonably so. It also looks like a plastic toy. Unfortunately, I have also gotten the visual impression that it has been scaled up in size over the course of the game.
    - Paige often ruins the mood and constantly has her head down in the gutter. As some other reviewers put it, the whole “LOLSORANDOMLMAO” routine doesn’t work most of the time in terms of being entertaining.
    SIS would be far better if she only appeared shortly in the mornings, during the evening recap and when commenting on important plot developements, but not goddamn constantly. Also, “X girl is now my favorite”, ughhhhhh….
    Everytime we finally get some kind of serious and interesting talk going Paige comes right in and drags the whole thing back down to the dick-and-fart-jokes level. I don't like this humor and it feels forced. Paige is not the only one doing this, MC and a few of the other heroines does it too. It is ok when Sasha does it, as "vulgar comedian" is her core personality trait, but not the only one. However, having the character (Paige) with the second most screen time being highly one-dimensional and literally defined by essentially a single trait was an unsound decision from a narrative standpoint. If Paige had been about 50% what she currently is, combined with 30 % EDI (Mass Effect, sarcastic and diligent) and 20% Glyph (also Mass Effect, a VI, robotic, service minded, polite and objective) it would have made for a much more pleasant experience.
    - We are repeatedly reminded that we are stuck on a ship with only women and of the potential for a harem. Always by being explicitly talked about and mentioned by just about everyone. We don’t need these constant reminders. Show, don't tell.
    - Paige’s face looks creepy AF. And the hair is ugly. I honest to god have to look at the periphery of the screen image if her face takes up a fair amount of it.
    - Give yourself pause and consider what it would actually be like, to have an AI like Paige stuck in your head, supposedly with no chance of eventual removal… It is fortunate that MC is such a weasel-like horndog and thus compatible with Paige. If Paige had been implanted in my head, unless there was a way to mute her for days at a time except emergencies, i don't think i could muster the willpower to go on living. My thoughts no longer being mine and known only to me, feeling observed and all that.
    - A lot of the time MC talks about how much he likes x-girl during 1-on-1 conversations. It started out strong, but after a while I was not sold on his compliments at all. Feels more like he is bullshitting his way through the dialogue without subconsciously realizing that he is in fact spewing bullshit and not truth . In a number of days, just barely above the single digits, he has effectively said “I REALLY like YOU” to half the cast in ways tailored to suit the individual girl. He is speaking like he’s known them for months. Emphasis on “you” because he refers to their actual personhood, despite barely knowing them. Too much fake and non-geniune talk.
    - Speaking of non-geniune and fake, it seems to me that MC never stick to an opinion or stands by a joke if challenged or called out.
    - As the story have progressed I have found my respect for MC gradually eroding away and now that I reached the current end with day 17, I have reached a stage where I just barely tolerate him. My impression of him went through the following phases:
    1. Day 1-4. Like him (but not knowing him well enough to commit to this). For being a good sport with some slightly too silly humor and a pragmatic mindset regarding the Endurance situation.
    2. Day 5-10. Like/respect him. For being thoughtful while still showing interest in most girls and not getting too hung up on the situation and calmly dealing with issues as they pop up.
    3. Day 10-15-ish. Starting to only accept him. It starts to feel like he subconsciously made it his goal to bang’em’all for no reason other than because the situation allows it. I started thinking that he doesn’t have a personality of his own, as he always seems to mold into whatever persona will most efficiently help woo whichever heroine is present at the time and thus accomplishing the bang’em’all objective. Tiffany seems like the only character he doesn’t actively pursue erotic encounters with, but that largely comes down to Tiffany being really annoying towards him and her already instigating all their erotic encounters on her own, meaning MC doesn’t have to.
    4. Day 16 and 17. Barely tolerating him. What brought him to this level is first and foremost his arguing with Camilla. Why is he so insisting on forcing the whole “getting along” thing? Why not just keep his head down and let Camilla be, allowing her to come around on her own. That would kinda disprove her opinion that he is a chameleon, weasel and fuccboi all at once. It feels like Camilla's opinions are 90% my own.
    5. Future days, probably dislike. Since MC is a defined character and not a self-insert, Stranded in Space hinges on the readers ability to accept the MC as the vessel of experiencing the harem and story. It doesn’t matter how well crafted an H scene or plot situation may be, if the reader comes to clearly dislike the character they play as, any H scene will by default become a turn-off while also not being interested in him being succesful in terms of the story. I don’t foresee SiS changing the direction it is heading in, so I will probably not return to play further upon its completion.

I hail from a culture where brutal honesty is fairly widespread and i am also a bit of a pessimist. At the same time i am polite and constructive. Stranded in Space is very much a quality product and none of the weaknesses i percieve are results of laziness on the devs part. I admire it for the brave decision of foregoing full optionality in terms of heroine selection in order to keep the developement progress going at a good pace and telling a tight and focused story. This is my second review, and like with the first one i find myself frustrated about rounding down my 3.5 stars to 3. I've come to care a fair bit about the heroines and the intruiging plot, but i cannot deny the amount of more negative emotions i felt during the last couple ingame days. it's a shame i lost my connection with MC, it really is.
    Good luck with the continued developement.
  8. 4.00 star(s)

SoulSwipre

I honestly only review games I enjoyed alot, so I'll be lying if I said I didn't enjoy this.

So why still only 4 stars you may ask? Well, there's the obviously perplexing decision to include choices to lock out routes of certain girls.

I understand that's a big part of games in general, to maybe have a bit of decision-making, to feel like it's a game instead of a story. But it doesn't help that the game is completely linear except for the said decisions of "would you prefer THIS GIRL or THIS GIRL?" You literally can't choose what kind of character you want to be, or change any dialogue through the game, or how you want to interact with the girls. Add that to the fact that the choices are compounded decisions instead of forks. So you can't save at the certain point and go back after seeing that route.

You literally have to play the game multiple times. Which let's be honest, includes alot of spamming of the left click and holding on to that Ctrl button, instead of sitting through the game again and again. Not really an ideal situation. Don't get me wrong, linear games, or visual novels, are one of my favs. Because I get to enjoy the story based off the perspective the author and dev wanted to create.

That would be less infuriating if this was a bad game. Because then I can just drop it and move on to the next. But it's not, that's why I'm venting here while continuing the game. :LOL:

All the negatives aside, this really is a pretty good game. Despite having a unrealistic amount of LIs in the game, each of them is pretty unique, their characters and back story shows the amount of work put into the narrative. You get attached to the girls one way or another pretty fast.

The cast of course means you get to enjoy a wide variety of girls, personalities and body shapes. Interactions between the characters are pretty witty, most of the time it'll at least incite heavy exhalation from your nose.

There's also the completely optional laptop, which adds abit of flavor lore and minigames if you're interested in those. Pretty clear UI and instructions. A lot of love was put into this game, and I appreciate that.

But seriously, I want someone to explain to me who thought it was a good idea. It absolutely blows my mind because I don't understand why there's route locks in a linear game. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
  9. 5.00 star(s)

SkylerCrew

First of all i real like this AVN really good but ..also characters back story is awesome and Feels like Devloper have Fully planed how to end the story by adding piece by piece of clues , hints and story .. but but.. I really really hate that u added an option to choose between Two sisters... And also if did added those paths .... Even if i want play other routes or paths i have to waste my lots of time ... Which i probably don't wanna waste ... And I have a huge request from developers that if possible can u add skip option in chatting with character in laptop... It's is worst part that i have to just press "Continue" a lot really lot and MC is gonna use laptop for more then 13 or 14 days while chatting with everyone.... Because my weak finger will probably broke and u know i can't be able to play other routes because of this ... So if possible please add an skip option in chats alongside with continue with character... It probably be very helpful and lastly this was an awesome but bad thing is that .... I don't want choose between both the sisters... I want threesome between them ... But sadly i wouldn't be able to see that why dev ... Why ... Dev u have Maken a story... nice enough to be able feel attached.. to character... And seeing loosing both character is not a pleasent feeling... I have enough anxiety and stress from real world... I don't wanna more anxiety and stress while playing Adult visual novels ... Don't worry i still gonna play to the end ... And i hope u do something about skip option in laptop chating menu along side of continue though i can give justice to other routes for other characters

Pss, Ignore my bad grammar and English
  10. 5.00 star(s)

A.M.R.

[Days 1-16 Elysium]

I'm not a review guy, I never reviewed any games here before .. but I found this game to be really interesting I felt I have to do it.

Very VERY few games here I played managed to grab hold of my attention and interest from pressing "Start" till reaching the end
    Amazing story that made me really focus while reading it and eager to know what is next
    The H-scenes are done with great care
    I don't even remember if there was any misspelling apart from intentional ones.
    I found every single character to be interesting, I found even the similar characteristics (between the characters on the ship and the ones from the flashbacks) also very interesting

And I'm a huge fan of Mass Effect series, so I really appreciate all the little details here that are inspired by it.

I hope the dev can keep delivering the same level of quality (if not higher) all the way of this game life.
  11. 5.00 star(s)

TigerWolfe

One of my favs so far. The writing is some of the best I've seen. Some of the characters can edge a bit too far into "lolsorandom" but overall I'm interested in seeing how the story develops.

Personally I also appreciate that even the "smaller" women aren't anywhere near being something that makes me worried whenever I hear a siren outside. Even the "young innocent" LIs are still clearly adult women.
  12. 4.00 star(s)

damupoohbear

Prior to the second update (Day 9?) I'd have rated this game at 5.
    My only reason for that is this game is extremely dialogue heavy.
    After day 10 or so, some scenes are so long that all interest in anything related to the scene has dropped by the time it was finished. Especially the Paige recap scenes, which are maybe 2-3 renders over the course of what feels like several hundred clicks, which were all basically the main character summarizing things and Paige acting like a teenage boy while rarely giving useful imput.
    Days 1-8 took around 8 hours of reading, and outside of the non strip club related backstory scenes and the maybe 2 hours of actual reading I did afterwards, the game took another 8 hours to finish even while skipping unseen text for 90% of the content.
    After a bit the story started just kinda blending together and the only bits I was interested in were the main characters past.

Not recommended for anyone who doesn't like a slow burn visual novel. A large portion of the even remotely graphic content is locked behind various long time consuming puzzles or guessing games related to the newest feature that was added to the daily laptop grind that's a good 15-20 minutes of reading text and the occasional moral dilemna or question related to something a character said hours prior.
  13. 5.00 star(s)

saltydogmk

Current Buid: Days 1-16

It's been a long time since I last checked this game out. The game only had 3 days completed, when I previously tried it out. I am currently on day 7, and I am loving it. I am legitimately impressed, with how solid it is. The humor in this game is top-notch. I cannot remember the last time, I've laughed this much at characters in a game. The witty banter between them is worth your time in itself. The humor alone is worth the 5 star rating, in my personal opinion.

The character models are beautiful and diverse. Personally, I hope a few more ebony characters are added later (if they are not already in the game). But that's just a personal preference, I love black women. The story is unique, and the MC is actually a decent human being. Not just another creep without morals.

I'm looking forward to future updates, and will be keeping a close eye on this game.
  14. 4.00 star(s)

Talmadge

This is a pretty good game. It has a lot of nice looking women, and it's set in space, so that's a bonus.
    It seems that the sex is the A Plot of this game. There is so much of it. LoL.
    And the story of the Endurance slowing down and the malfunctions are the B Plot.
    While the amnesia seems to be a C Plot.
    I tend to play games for the plot. But this one seems to be pretty good even with the plot being second fiddle.
    As with most things I rate, I gave it a 4 because there is always something that could be better. But, all in all, a pretty good game.
  15. 2.00 star(s)

fluffcube

It has a good premise for an interesting lighthearted harem type game, but the dialogue and characters are so annoying that it ruins the whole thing. So much false wit and charm, along with fake unnatural drama. The whole thing basically reads like it was written by a bad pick up artist. The game looks very nice in general, and there are parts of the dialogue I don't mind, but the whole experience leaves me so annoyed that I can't continue.
  16. 5.00 star(s)

goonerfandango

Really impressed by the ambition of this to go with so many different characters. The writing is good, the characters are well realised. The renders are nice, and overall it's a really well executed game. Thank you to WildMan Games
  17. 5.00 star(s)

RobertRick

Very entertaining game. The renders are excellent. The dialogue is humorous (although sometimes VERY long and VERY silly). The story is mysterious and sexy, the characters perverted, horny, struggling to keep their defences up against the protagonist's blunt, sexist charm. Lots of psychological games play out between the protagonist and the growing number of ladies that enter the gameplay. I enjoy it very much.
  18. 5.00 star(s)

ReturnoftheFly

I don't usually write reviews, but I really enjoyed this VN. The humor and the characters are awesome. Taking a quick peak at some of the other reviews I can see how yes, there aren't a ton of decisions, but each one actually has bearing on the story, so that already sets it above quite a few other VN's that I would also rate highly. Very much looking forward to more from this dev. If you're on the fence, rest assured this one is a good pick.
  19. 5.00 star(s)

LordGonti

TLDR - A top tier VN. The scale and quality more than making up for infrequent choices.

Pros
    • A lot of unique and interesting LI's
    • Fantastic writing
    • Interesting plot
    • Lots of content
    • Impactful decisions
    • Good animations
    Cons
    • The intro is a bit too long
    • You don't make decisions very often
  20. 4.00 star(s)

sunqian3000

The game is a very good harem game. But the technology and space elements seem unnecessary and blunt, probably the author's personal preference.
    The laptop interface is shit. It doesn't mean anything to the story. There's a lot of text that doesn't fast-forward, which is a disaster for non-native English speakers like me.
    I hope the author will keep this game simple in the future. Some unnecessary interface and design will only cause trouble to the player.