W65

May 31, 2018
lemme guess, that's some sort of magic i gotta learn first or? 'cause i can only "mind read" when i capture a slave, but can't find that option for my already owned and obedient slaves.
From the mansion mean screen, click on the slave in the right panel, click on "cast spell" in the left panel, then select mind read. Like the poster above said, it's like the rest of the spells.

You MIGHT be able to erroneously use the mind read spell in the after-combat menu even if you haven't learned it from the Mage's Order. I think that's a bug I remember running into.

EDIT: I don't think I made it clear, but I'm pretty sure you're intended to need to learn Mind Read from the Mage's Order in both story and sandbox modes. If I remember right it's one of the first spells that opens up for you in story mode once you're allowed to buy spells. Despite that, I think that due to a bug you're able to use it in the after-combat capture-a-slave screen even if you haven't purchased it.

Dravak

May 15, 2018
So I've been using to make some portraits, if anyone likes that type I can post a .psd for photoshop.
If you have photoshop you can do a lot more, then I can with Paint.net.
I just take excisting pictures from games. clean it up to PNG by erasing all backgrounds.
Sometimes games already come with a PNG version (even beter saves me a lot of work)

Hibli 3D.png

See even then it isn´t even perfect :p but heck got too much time anyway. so taken this one from Hibli 3D

Edit Since somebody got the same taste as me :p cleaned it up for that person. all you need to do is copy the head and make a portrait off it. and replace one of the ugly or rename it if you know how.

scrumbles

Jan 12, 2019
Somebody mentioned an incest penalty? I was going to try breeding for high number of the traits from birth, but now I'm not so sure. What is the penalty?
Contact iamnuff. I dug into the code hoping to find some clue, but my attempt has been fruitless.
First play was with a half-wolf hunter, and I so took for granted how easy it made the game until I tried again with a half-fox mage, starting in Frostford, even. The hunter cleared the main quest in 30 days, at level 14. It took my mage a whole week just to get out of town. I hadn't noticed before that Frostford's market doesn't sell food.
Yes, Frostford is the worst town to start from. If you are lucky, you can complete a custom request, have enough money to buy a half/beastkin wolf with high agility and travel safely with her. Or you may just choose to be a wolf (I don't remember if there are other races with a detection bonus).
[...] "cast spell" [...] You MIGHT be able to erroneously use the mind read spell in the after-combat menu even if you haven't learned it from the Mage's Order. I think that's a bug I remember running into.
Same.
Only 2 slaves, 128 gold and no progress in the main quest after 108 days? o_O

Daxter250

Sep 17, 2017
Contact iamnuff. I dug into the code hoping to find some clue, but my attempt has been fruitless.

Yes, Frostford is the worst town to start from. If you are lucky, you can complete a custom request, have enough money to buy a half/beastkin wolf with high agility and travel safely with her. Or you may just choose to be a wolf (I don't remember if there are other races with a detection bonus).

Same.

Only 2 slaves, 128 gold and no progress in the main quest after 108 days? o_O
jeah i always wanted to try to play it like jack o nine tails xD. its my first playthrough and i gotta learn all the shit first and where to get stuff. started in the north anf tried to make a living as a hunter. didnt go so well as i couldnt even beat a bandit with my slave and mc together. so i sold a couple of trained slaves for money, traveled a lil bit around to check everything out and upgraded my mansion a bit. my actual goal is now to figure out how to get permission to keep babies as i already built a nursery but couldnt keep the baby (hence the reason why i already have 100+ days - i fast progressed throught the pregnancy without a nursery and afterwards with a nursery).

scrumbles

Jan 12, 2019
Wow, it's as hard as JoNT with neither Isabella nor an apartment! This reminds me of Kazama's . Good luck!
my actual goal is now to figure out how to get permission to keep babies as i already built a nursery but couldn't keep the baby
You can't, your mage order rank must be at least Apprentice (rank 2). Your MC's rank is currently 0. The easiest solution (apart from progressing in the main quest) is modding the game and reloading your save. In Mansion.gd you must change the condition at line 2537:
Code:
		if globals.state.rank < 2:
into:
Code:
		if false:

Dravak

May 15, 2018
The game is very simple.

Start at default starting location.
If you don´t have patience but don´t want to cheat.

Buy 2 Chain armour, buy some rope. go out and attack the lone stranger that are standing around. avoid bandits for now.
Go in sell them and rinse and repeat. go buy some cheap loyal slaves from the guild

Then you can either take them out to adventure. or put them to work before selling them off again later on.
If you don´t like human trafficking, then well buy cheap slaves from the guild, do the repeatable easy quest.

By just taking them out to adventuring beside putting them on hunting or foraging.
Also use your 1 interaction a day (at start) to TEACH (so they get more skill points)

enkephalin07

Dec 13, 2017
Starting as a wolf hunter with +1 str/agi and a wolf sister, I never needed to abduct unsuspecting citizens, went straight for the bandits with little trouble. As a hunter, the monetary rewards you can get from rescued captives is 2-3x higher. By default the player starts as Slaver, which takes a little more knowledge of the game to make a good start.

Daxter250

Sep 17, 2017
Wow, it's as hard as JoNT with neither Isabella nor an apartment! This reminds me of Kazama's . Good luck!

You can't, your mage order rank must be at least Apprentice (rank 2). Your MC's rank is currently 0. The easiest solution (apart from progressing in the main quest) is modding the game and reloading your save. In Mansion.gd you must change the condition at line 2537:
Code:
        if globals.state.rank < 2:
into:
Code:
        if false:
worked. i was able to find the lines via editor and simply had to change true into false ^^. thanks for the help!

enkephalin07

Dec 13, 2017
1550023433226.png
Does this not work for male players? I've had this checked since before any sexual interaction, yet females are spawning brats all over the place. I can't be certain of their paternity since some of them are sex workers, but at least a few of them couldn't have been conceived by anyone but me.

scrumbles

Jan 12, 2019
Does this not work for male players? I've had this checked since before any sexual interaction, yet females are spawning brats all over the place. I can't be certain of their paternity since some of them are sex workers, but at least a few of them couldn't have been conceived by anyone but me.
Were your slaves using contraceptives since (at least) the day before?

enkephalin07

Dec 13, 2017
Were your slaves using contraceptives since (at least) the day before?
I didn't think that was necessary if I was the one using contraceptives. That would be a lot cheaper than putting 20+ residents on birth control. I'm pretty sure most of them only got anal, anyway. Could the futa in the house be knocking them up?

4.40 star(s) 17 Votes