Unity Stuck at Home [v0.3.0a] [Moraion]

3.40 star(s) 47 Votes

Bixbite

Jul 12, 2019
I don't own the truth but, if dev is scamming, then game artist is also on it. If you check Discord you'll see that the coding progress is basically done, while the artwork is missing. It means they both are milking on you, or no one is. No way the artist would just allow the game dev to blame him as an excuse for the lack of updates.
This is just a tinfoil-theory, but what if they are the same person?

DARKNESSZENNIN

Nov 29, 2022
Not impossible, though. Anyway, it would need a lot of time to take care of both activities and it would be suspicious an artist working for only 1 game. As far as I know, the current progress is:
  • Art: ?????
  • Story: 12/14
  • Code: 14/14
Kinda funny, since dev constantly relates the monetary objectives with new CGs. Working on the game while don't know anything about the artwork progress is a bit controversial. Also, I read the game dev complaining of players spamming the artist about the long wait. Well, that's not something nice to do, but why would they mind so much about it? And if both of them keep contact as it seems, how they haven't reached any deal about progress on artwork?

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face
Reactions: janon3334

geenius3ab

Sep 2, 2017
Not impossible, though. Anyway, it would need a lot of time to take care of both activities and it would be suspicious an artist working for only 1 game. As far as I know, the current progress is:
  • Story: 12/14
  • Code: 14/14
Kinda funny, since dev constantly relates the monetary objectives with new CGs. Working on the game while don't know anything about the artwork progress is a bit controversial. Also, I read the game dev complaining of players spamming the artist about the long wait. Well, that's not something nice to do, but why would they mind so much about it? And if both of them keep contact as it seems, how they haven't reached any deal about progress on artwork?
Let's be honest, the way how the art is done in this game (a few images per scene) and due to the simplicity of the art, you can easily create all the required scenes for each update within a week, even if you only work a few hours each day. This isn't Summertime saga or the initial Taffy tales (with no AI), this level of art is something I could reach with a bit of practice and the skill requirement is on the lower end (Even the coloring is rather flat with minimal shadows).
Claiming that the art is a blocker in this game is the weakest excuse you can give.. Like you could literally find hundreds of freelance artists who'd be able to replicate this art (maybe you could replicate it with AI as well) and pay like 5-10 dollars per image (Considering that each 18+ scene has like 5-10 images at most, then that means each update's art would cost like 50-100 dollars at most).
I enjoy the character design here, the simplicity is one of its charms, but the updates sizes have been minimal, and if the art is the thing that's delaying the updates, then I think it's the correct decision to find another artist in this case.

Sscdrake

Jun 24, 2018
Let's be honest, the way how the art is done in this game (a few images per scene) and due to the simplicity of the art, you can easily create all the required scenes for each update within a week, even if you only work a few hours each day. This isn't Summertime saga or the initial Taffy tales (with no AI), this level of art is something I could reach with a bit of practice and the skill requirement is on the lower end (Even the coloring is rather flat with minimal shadows).
Claiming that the art is a blocker in this game is the weakest excuse you can give.. Like you could literally find hundreds of freelance artists who'd be able to replicate this art (maybe you could replicate it with AI as well) and pay like 5-10 dollars per image (Considering that each 18+ scene has like 5-10 images at most, then that means each update's art would cost like 50-100 dollars at most).
I enjoy the character design here, the simplicity is one of its charms, but the updates sizes have been minimal, and if the art is the thing that's delaying the updates, then I think it's the correct decision to find another artist in this case.
I was thinking the same thing last time I posted, lol. Artists have long undersold themselves and do so more often than ever before now. I've seen many talented artists (far better than this art) selling commissions in bundles, you could probably finish this entire game with a couple hundred bucks.

Sep 1, 2020
Dev updated the subscribestar and put this

• Story: 14/16
  • Code: 16/16

Cool so story and code both got 2 more maximum numbers, but code is still finished and story is still 2 away? So is that saying that absolutely fuck all has been done but he wanted to post an "update"? Or is it saying he needed to do more then he thought? Also like the other people are saying the art shouldn't be the limiting factor here (I mean neither should story, unless it's getting a MAJOR quality boost this update) but even if they don't want to hire other artists and want to keep the same one how is the progress unknown? Is the artist just ghosting everyone? Unlike story and code, art I feel is far easier to measure in this manner. Like how many images are done out of how many need to be done?

Sucks this is just another money leech, dev could make a really good game while also raking in cash (and as a side effect of actually making the game at a decent pace, GROW the audience and therefore revenue) but I guess why work for more money when you can just fuck about and still get paid twice the yearly income of an Aussie working minimum wage, 40 hour work weeks, 48 weeks a year?

Edit: I put Australian minimum wage because I'm Australian but also because our minimum wage is more then America's even after converted from AUD to USD (Australian minimum wage is $23.23AUD which is $15.50USD and apparently US minimum wage is only $7.25USD)

Last edited:
Reactions: Wilwock

Sscdrake

Jun 24, 2018
Dev updated the subscribestar and put this

• Story: 14/16
  • Code: 16/16

Cool so story and code both got 2 more maximum numbers, but code is still finished and story is still 2 away? So is that saying that absolutely fuck all has been done but he wanted to post an "update"? Or is it saying he needed to do more then he thought? Also like the other people are saying the art shouldn't be the limiting factor here (I mean neither should story, unless it's getting a MAJOR quality boost this update) but even if they don't want to hire other artists and want to keep the same one how is the progress unknown? Is the artist just ghosting everyone? Unlike story and code, art I feel is far easier to measure in this manner. Like how many images are done out of how many need to be done?

Sucks this is just another money leech, dev could make a really good game while also raking in cash (and as a side effect of actually making the game at a decent pace, GROW the audience and therefore revenue) but I guess why work for more money when you can just fuck about and still get paid twice the yearly income of an Aussie working minimum wage, 40 hour work weeks, 48 weeks a year?

Edit: I put Australian minimum wage because I'm Australian but also because our minimum wage is more then America's even after converted from AUD to USD (Australian minimum wage is $23.23AUD which is $15.50USD and apparently US minimum wage is only $7.25USD)
US min wage varies from state to state, but it doesn't really matter. In places with low min wage basically no jobs ever offer min wage because you can't live off of it.

A long long long time ago I worked a job whose only requirement was a GED and 3 days of training and it started at 11 an hour despite that state's min wage being 8 bucks and this definitely being a bottom barrel job at a grocery store.

3.40 star(s) 47 Votes