VN Ren'Py STWA: Unbroken [Pt. 6] [STWAdev]

4.70 star(s) 107 Votes

Dessolos

Forum Fanatic
Jul 25, 2017
Vi and Ines throuple will probably work though, also MC being the 3rd wheel of that relationship is kinda cool. Joshy level cool but still, it's cool. Anyways, I'll be content with Amrit solo so either way is okay for me. Unless, we'll have Kana&MC&Amrit throuple :eek:
i'm probably gonna skip on all the throuples until the game has the completed tag in this one just not feeling it for any of them yet.

Mar 2, 2022
Sneak Peeks
Big thanks to MF_Doom for diligently sharing the previews throughout the cycle. I’ve compiled all of them below since many of the original links are no longer functional. Additionally, I’ve included the exclusive previews from the Discord. Some of the previews had to be resized due to the f95 file size limit.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:
Mar 2, 2022

ViridianaLewdPreview.png InesLewdPreview.png ElspethLewdPreview.png AmritLewdPreview.png ReenieLewdPreview.png KanaLewdPreview.png
Hello lovelies. As previously promised some special previews for all as a thank you for your patience. A small glimpse of everybody who has at least one lewd scene this update.

On update front quick update. Testers think we're looking good. (Glad we've taken longer cause boy howdy there were some landmines hidden away.) So now it's just me. I'll be crushing out every render/ animation fix out as quickly as I can. Once those are done release will be dropping. Nothing else to be said, just have the PCs doing their work. You'll be seeing the ladies of Unbroken soon.

As always thank you for your support, thank you for your patience. And for those in the States I hope you have a decent Memorial Day.
Sláinte!

RoryTate

May 15, 2018
Oh wow, pretty much whole cast with lewd scenes? That's awesome, good to see Reenie as well.
I think Serena would be a very popular LI in any other game, but in STWA: Unbroken she unfortunately has tough competition and so most people forget she even exists (at least based on posts I see where people rank "all" the LIs in the game, and then they don't even include her). "Oh, she's the lawyer? Oh yeah, now I remember her." It doesn't help either that she has horrible timing for trying to seduce the MC. And she comes across at times like she's negotiating a contract when she's supposed to be overwhelmed by the "urges of the flesh". The interactions are a bit...strange. Her sexual propositions are perhaps a bit too cerebral, and so they only leave me feeling shaken, not stirred.

RoryTate

May 15, 2018
will they compete who has best boobs? poor and lucky mc.
That would not be a competition. If Elspeth is one of the combatants, it could only be termed a massacre. There's perhaps only a single other LI who could even be on the playing field when "vying" for that particular title.

Of course I'm talking about Kana. :p

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
I was quite busy when Part 6 first came out, and for whatever reason I never got around to organizing my thoughts on it. With Part 7 bearing down on us, I figure I better get on with it!

Overall, I liked Part 6. It struck a good balance between advancing the MC's story, the various girls' relationships, and keeping us entertained in the meantime. Admittedly, I'm only interested in Kana and Elspeth and I haven't seen too much of the content for the other girls, but at least from that perspective things worked pretty well. I am still a bit frustrated with how blank the MC's slate is this far into the game, but it was nowhere near as bad as after Kana's sex scene in Part 5. And the story this time had a tighter focus - there were no non-sequitur teases like the women investigating Valentine's past. So Part 6 may not have been perfect, but it was a definite step up from Part 5.

Further thoughts:
Okay, I think that covers the high points; no sense belaboring old content just before the new update drops, right? Hopefully it will continue the trend.

tl;dr Good story advancement and solid character work, both for the MC and most of the LIs. Looking forward to Part 7!

Last edited:

RoryTate

May 15, 2018
Kana's probably my favorite girl in the game, but I felt like her path was completely derailed after the absolutely terrible sex scene in Part 5.
I get this, and I felt similar narrative whiplash at the sudden "dtf?" by Kana from out of nowhere. The scene itself wasn't as bad as you indicate though, at least IMO, because the way Kana treated it like a competition – where she had to face defeat in the face of the MC's stamina – made it very interesting and memorable to me. As you say though, it was the well-written scene the next morning that allowed things to flow much better once Chapter 6 played out. We still don't know Kana's motivations any better, but we do understand the relationship they are forming more clearly.

I still wonder if the sudden sex scene came down to an overall pacing issue, in that while buildup and anticipation is essential in adding eroticism to an interaction, there's a fine line between that and feeling cock-blocked, or just plain losing interest. And many games fail at finding a good balance in that area. Perhaps with Kana being sidelined in Chapter 6 the dev realized that something significant needed to happen in Chapter 5 to hold the interest of her fans?

The usual way that would be done is with a heavy petting or handjob/light blowjob scene that could feel somewhat non-committal, while still giving the promise of more in the future. But to me, that doesn't really feel like Kana. She's going to give it her all once she decides she wants something, so I can understand why the dev might choose to make it an all-night no-holes-barred affair once she made up her mind.

As a result, it's a lot easier to sit back and enjoy the character moments – and there are plenty of those. Elspeth's fear of flying seems a bit arbitrary, but it does make for a nice bonding opportunity.
I found it arbitrary too at first, considering how she has so little hesitancy in anything else she does, and how strong she appears when facing challenges that would deter most. I realized though that her personality is very focused on being in control, and so it makes a lot of sense that she would not like experiencing the loss of control when putting your life in the hands of an unknown pilot. All her data gathering, uncovering secrets, letting people hear what they want to hear by speaking in half-truths...it's all meant to keep her in control of every possible situation. That's how she feels comfortable.

Her cattiness towards the other girls is probably her least attractive feature (in my eyes, anyway), but it very much fits her character and so far she knows how to walk the line between being protective and insufferable.
Elspeth is...human. I'm not as blind to her issues as I was upon my first read (thanks to minor things others have pointed out about her actions), but I'm pretty sure she isn't a full-blown monster like some perceive her to be. As I have argued before, if she really wanted to destroy the other girls and win the MC's heart, then there are a whole lot of cruel ways an intelligent woman like her could do that. The fact that she doesn't, and instead even encourages them to try their best (as in her heart-to-heart with Vi), tells me otherwise.

Viridiana, meanwhile, feels too much like a sister for me to be interested in her sexually (ironic around here, I realize).
Ironic? That's a strange way to spell "blasphemy" on F95. :LOL: I agree with you though, FWIW. In some ways, I actually find Amrit to be more sisterly than Vi, and have to leave her by her lonesome as well because of that (though I'll be more than happy to see Amrit end up with Kana on my Elspeth-exclusive playthrough if that path is offered). That is, unless the dev chooses to give us an Elspeth-Kana option. Not as a permanent thing mind you, but honestly Kana is the only one I can see Elspeth considering for a fun and special 3-some with the MC, since all the other LI's are so close to her and feel like her younger sisters. Plus, the way Els ogled Kana when first meeting her has my mind doing all sorts of strange rationalizations for this unlikely pairing.

Hey, a man can dream, right?

ThorinKing

Engaged Member
Feb 16, 2023
Guys anyone know how to get Serena's date trigger? I've tried all paths and can't seem to get it.
Are you using the WT mod? As I recall, it was pretty good at telling you which choices would get you there. If you don't like using those, your best bet at this point is to pull up the WT .pdf on the OP - it's what someone else would likely have to do to lay it out for you since most of us probably don't have every decision tree for every VN we play memorized. ;)

MAGO-DAG

Engaged Member
Sep 1, 2023
Guys anyone know how to get Serena's date trigger? I've tried all paths and can't seem to get it.
Either download wt or try via URM. through URM you can find out if you missed any solutions and change some things, and also help you with hints

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
Either download wt or try via URM. through URM you can find out if you missed any solutions and change some things, and also help you with hints
well using urm is near same as using wt-mod.

dianish86

Jan 20, 2019
I was quite busy when Part 6 first came out, and for whatever reason I never got around to organizing my thoughts on it. With Part 7 bearing down on us, I figure I better get on with it!

Overall, I liked Part 6. It struck a good balance between advancing the MC's story, the various girls' relationships, and keeping us entertained in the meantime. Admittedly, I'm only interested in Kana and Elspeth and I haven't seen too much of the content for the other girls, but at least from that perspective things worked pretty well. I am still a bit frustrated with how blank the MC's slate is this far into the game, but it was nowhere near as bad as after Kana's sex scene in Part 5. And the story this time had a tighter focus - there were no non-sequitur teases like the women investigating Valentine's past. So Part 6 may not have been perfect, but it was a definite step up from Part 5.

Further thoughts:
Okay, I think that covers the high points; no sense belaboring old content just before the new update drops, right? Hopefully it will continue the trend.

tl;dr Good story advancement and solid character work, both for the MC and most of the LIs. Looking forward to Part 7!
quick sex with Kana? This is just more like a real development of events, they spent enough time together and oh, horror and it’s no secret, most girls love sex just like guys.

4.70 star(s) 107 Votes