VN Ren'Py STWA: Unbroken [Pt. 7] [STWAdev]

4.70 star(s) 115 Votes

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
I take notes for every game I play; I store those notes in separate files for each game in a dedicated folder. These notes contain the descriptions of characters, as well as choices made, and for some games a whole lot more.

Sure makes it a lot easier when you play a bunch of them, even if the creation of those notes takes some time.
I wish I had that level of dedication to my pervy side... I rarely have time to even play the games these days.

i am with you there lol. many harem games are that way for me. i get the new update after some months, and i am like..oh yeah who am i fucking again?
Right? The love interests are all hot, they are all going to want the MC, they will do whatever the player wants in the game, none of them seem to have their own particular fetish or kink besides pleasing the MC, and they rarely have much in the way of personalities (most of what I just generalized doesn't apply to this game except for the first two facts). And updates take time so I wander off and focus on "life, love, and laughing" my way through it until I see a new update and have to figure out who the fuck I was shagging.

Jeez that's dedication, J. Edgar would've been proud :D .

Out of curiosity, how big is that file for BaD ? 75MB ? :D .
LMAO... Right? I gave up on that one, too many mini-games, too much melodrama, boring free roams you can't skip... A plot that is barely an excuse and it is so damn long now.

TimHawk

Dec 12, 2017
LMAO... Right? I gave up on that one, too many mini-games, too much melodrama, boring free roams you can't skip... A plot that is barely an excuse and it is so damn long now.
Still play it, but since it's 1 update a year now, it's really chill. I can stretch playing it out for months and I really like the character models and some of the animations are mind-blowingly awesome. Also feel like I stuck with it for years already, I'm doomed to see its conclusion, which as things are going now should be happening around 2030...ish :D .

• Haha
Reactions: MrFriendly

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
Still play it, but since it's 1 update a year now, it's really chill. I can stretch playing it out for months and I really like the character models and some of the animations are mind-blowingly awesome. Also feel like I stuck with it for years already, I'm doomed to see its conclusion, which as things are going now should be happening around 2030...ish :D .
Yeah, but if it takes long enough then, at some point (if not multiple times), the dev will feel compelled to "update" all the models and animations. I am so glad that STWAdev writes visual novellas that I can actually see the end of before I keel over.

Anus Mundi

Nov 27, 2018
Does anyone else have the issue where you are invested in the overall story but you honestly can't remember who you are romancing? Every update I am at a loss as to which of these women I am trying to go after, if at all.
Yeah, especially games with a shitton of possible routes and - for that matter - saves. For those cases i have excel files with routes, points and stuff. :sneaky:

hampsure

Dec 4, 2021
Eh, I'm wound too tight. I have issues with a coach being in a relationship with his student, or a client being in a relationship with his lawyer, or a "big brother figure" being in a relationship with his "kid sister figure" ;)
Interesting... not quite as tightly wound but definitely occasionally come across relationships/routes that would just feel wrong to me because of the situation. While the student/teacher thing doesn't bother me, the student in this one was written a bit too overly childish for me which was my tipping point into being a no-go.

I am so glad that STWAdev writes visual novellas that I can actually see the end of before I keel over.
As someone else with increasingly limited time these days for games (in general but including AVNs) the proliferation of more and more AVNs being released in some variation of "seasons" is something I understand but am also driven nuts by.

TimHawk

Dec 12, 2017
Yeah, but if it takes long enough then, at some point (if not multiple times), the dev will feel compelled to "update" all the models and animations. I am so glad that STWAdev writes visual novellas that I can actually see the end of before I keel over.
That's the best thing about DPC, the past doesn't bother him and I can't even tell you how much I wish that would be a common attitude among all developers. He developes his models on the fly, constantly improves on his skills and quality level and let's the past be the past.

Maybe to rake in the dough once BaD is fully completed he will release a "remastered" version on steam where everything gets an overhaul. But imo that's exactly how it should be, FINISH a game and THEN update/remaster/remake/whatever it, just like this dev does with "the author", I can totally respect that, but all those others who can't even get 25% of a game out before their own ego and greed kicks in and they have to "remaster" a fraction of a game is soooo scammy.

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
Jeez that's dedication, J. Edgar would've been proud :D .

Out of curiosity, how big is that file for BaD ? 75MB ? :D .
Nah, a mere 7MB. :eek: The whole folder only takes a mere 64.1MB, but a lot of that is old (back to 2014: Jungle Call, Whakawai Under the Spotlights, etc.) and could be deleted, if I wanted to take the time.

J. Edgar was an amateur. :ROFLMAO:

TimHawk

Dec 12, 2017
Nah, a mere 7MB. :eek: The whole folder only takes a mere 64.1MB, but a lot of that is old (back to 2014: Jungle Call, Whakawai Under the Spotlights, etc.) and could be deleted, if I wanted to take the time.

J. Edgar was an amateur. :ROFLMAO:
Compared to you ? YES :D

But holy moly 7MB for a single game is ... crazy, but then again it's a 55GB game so it does make sense. If I would somehow lose my savefiles, I don't think I could be bothered to play through all of it AGAIN.

It really is unbelieveable that as an "Industry" we have gotten to a point where 6 Months update cycles are the norm. I really hope that I'm still around when the next huge change happens, like away from Renpy to a new engine that can fully utilise the ever growing AI assisted rendering. Just imagine what that would do for our little world, when things like lighting, backgrounds, foregrounds and poses are done by an AI in a fraction of the time it takes a human.

Reactions: Walter Victor

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
Does anyone else have the issue where you are invested in the overall story but you honestly can't remember who you are romancing? Every update I am at a loss as to which of these women I am trying to go after, if at all. I have to use process of elimination to come up with a list of possible suspects but even then I can't rule out the idea that I may have done a "pervemon" and tried to collect them all.
That hasn't been a problem in this game since very few of the girls interest me romantically. It was down to Elspeth and Kana - then Kana jumped the rails with that bizarre sex in Part 5. Now I'm not sure any of them are going to make it to the finish line. :confused: Very disappointing, but it does at least make the logistics simple.

I take notes for every game I play; I store those notes in separate files for each game in a dedicated folder. These notes contain the descriptions of characters, as well as choices made, and for some games a whole lot more.

Sure makes it a lot easier when you play a bunch of them, even if the creation of those notes takes some time.
I really should start doing that. The problem is that it seems like a waste to start on new games, but by the time I know I like a game enough to keep a log I'm well into it and need to reconstruct everything I've done.

Guess I just need to bite the bullet and make it a habit.

hampsure

Dec 4, 2021
That hasn't been a problem in this game since very few of the girls interest me romantically. It was down to Elspeth and Kana - then Kana jumped the rails with that bizarre sex in Part 5. Now I'm not sure any of them are going to make it to the finish line. :confused: Very disappointing, but it does at least make the logistics simple.
Yeah, it can be a blessing and a curse. It's disappointing and yet saves so much time/thought when you've narrowed it down to one LI by virtue of losing (or never gaining) interest in the others. In a way, I envy you that. I often feel like I need to see almost all the content a game has to offer that I'm at all interested in (not sure if it's my OCD or I am just a "pervemon" lol) and usually have less hangups about what doesn't work for me in potential LIs. Personally, I'm at the stage of feeling like it could be a tough decision between Elspeth and Vi for me (though that could change) but I'll still want to "do" most of the other routes (save one) at this point still. I'm still even curious to see if Ines becomes a contender at all or if she'll be a side/additional character in someone else's route.

DirtyMario

Jumping bitches since '85
Donor
Jul 19, 2017

I really should start doing that. The problem is that it seems like a waste to start on new games, but by the time I know I like a game enough to keep a log I'm well into it and need to reconstruct everything I've done.

Same boat. It's just Elspeth and maybe Ines I'm interested in. Keeps things nice and streamlined. But is a bit telling about the dev's ability to design and write captivating LIs. There are other games where I keep juggling 5+ saves.

In a way, I envy you that. I often feel like I need to see almost all the content a game has to offer that I'm at all interested in (not sure if it's my OCD or I am just a "pervemon" lol) and usually have less hangups about what doesn't work for me in potential LIs.
Well, that's what gallery mods are for. So many AVNs, so little time. :HideThePain:

• Haha
Reactions: qaywsx and cxx

TimHawk

Dec 12, 2017
LI's in this game really are strange, I don't think I've ever played a game where, when I was done playing I was like "yea, decent game" but didnt know if I would want the MC to end up with any of the LI's.

Els is obnoxious, weird and everything has to happen on her terms. And on top of that, that pool blue-balling was uncalled for and a total bitch move.

Really liked Kana a lot but you are right, that sex scene was creepy as fuck. It felt like she was using the MC like a sextoy, and the entire thing was super one-sided for a sex scene. She may be salvageable, but it doesn't look good.

Vi and Amrith are better suited as little sister/friends for life to the MC, he depends way too much on them to get better.

Leaves Serena and Ines. Age difference would make Ines a bit iffy, but manageable, she seems to be a really cool girl. Obviously its entirely possible that she also has some demons buried in her past and turns out to be unsuiteable as a gf aswell.

For Serena however it's just lack of content that isn't fucking that's holding her back. She takes care of Vi, seems to be loyal with a good heart and a great friend. I hope we get that date soon that you can agree to waaaaaay back, would love some content other than sex. Right now she seems like the only ( maybe Ines ) viable option I could see the MC end up with.

Elduriel

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 28, 2021
LI's in this game really are strange, I don't think I've ever played a game where, when I was done playing I was like "yea, decent game" but didnt know if I would want the MC to end up with any of the LI's.

Els is obnoxious, weird and everything has to happen on her terms. And on top of that, that pool blue-balling was uncalled for and a total bitch move.

Really liked Kana a lot but you are right, that sex scene was creepy as fuck. It felt like she was using the MC like a sextoy, and the entire thing was super one-sided for a sex scene. She may be salvageable, but it doesn't look good.

Vi and Amrith are better suited as little sister/friends for life to the MC, he depends way too much on them to get better.

Leaves Serena and Ines. Age difference would make Ines a bit iffy, but manageable, she seems to be a really cool girl. Obviously its entirely possible that she also has some demons buried in her past and turns out to be unsuiteable as a gf aswell.

For Serena however it's just lack of content that isn't fucking that's holding her back. She takes care of Vi, seems to be loyal with a good heart and a great friend. I hope we get that date soon that you can agree to waaaaaay back, would love some content other than sex. Right now she seems like the only ( maybe Ines ) viable option I could see the MC end up with.
plus there isn't a point system in place for Serena so she's probably not a real LI either way :rolleyes:

Reactions: qaywsx

ktunga

Jul 10, 2022
i dont know any game where gad an Li so perfect that was impossiible to say no ,the good thing about swta ladys is that any of them are the perfect doll or the perfect housewife ,in the end even is a game is like real life situations ,no complain from me so far

TimHawk

Dec 12, 2017
plus there isn't a point system in place for Serena so she's probably not a real LI either way :rolleyes:
Code:
$ serenafriend = 0
$ serenalover = 0
$ serenafwb = 0
$ serenainterestingirls = 0
It's in there alright, just hasn't been used yet, which makes sense given the total lack of content other than sex. But im hopefull, she could be a late start.

Reactions: Walter Victor

Elduriel

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 28, 2021
Code:
$ serenafriend = 0
$ serenalover = 0
$ serenafwb = 0
$ serenainterestingirls = 0
It's in there alright, just hasn't been used yet, which makes sense given the total lack of content other than sex. But im hopefull, she could be a late start.
gotcha, I just went with how in the WT there aren't any choices/points for Serena... we'll see but so far I'm not that optimistic... if those parameters are recent addition that could be a plus, but they could also be a legacy sort of thing that just wasn't used in the end

Reactions: TimHawk

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
Yeah, I forgot about that... I also can't go Elspeth, the MC will spend his entire life with an inferiority complex if he were to have a relationship with her. She is better at everything except (maybe) MMA. Maybe the cute baker girl who is flirting with the MC is where I will go...

Maybe I need to start a log on Google Keep when I start a new game, but only new games by developers I actually trust to finish their games... Like STWAdev and... So umm, I guess for these games. I don't really play any other games by established developers anymore.

4.70 star(s) 115 Votes