VN Ren'Py STWA: Unbroken [Pt. 7] [STWAdev]

4.70 star(s) 112 Votes

hampsure

Dec 4, 2021
I've been known to, on occasion. Katie in WiaB, that was how I was baited. And in this one, it certainly doesn't hurt with Katie Kafton (name is purely coincidence), I love a pretty face with short hair. Ines looks better with hers cut short, no question. And she'll probably want to keep it short after she starts bearing children. Those little hands grab and pull everything.
I once made the mistake of being honest when a girlfriend wanted my opinion after she'd gotten her hair cut a bit TOO short... it was pixie cut gone wrong short. I told her it was cute but I missed her long hair. I'd always preferred long hair up until then but after a bit it completely changed my mind... not sure if it was because of how I felt about her or just started to appreciate how well the cut actually suited her and brought out her facial features. She did eventually grow it out again and I liked it but always still pictured her in my mind with it shorter (wasn't about to say I missed it being short :LOL:). Either way, I've had a great appreciation for both since then (though it also depends on the individual).

Katie K in this game was a bit of a surprise to me. I was was kinda dreading having to go over to "try her baking" when there were all these other characters to focus on. Her content was surprisingly hot though. Only downside was when she said no finishing in the hair or face there was no room for negotiation on other options (or possibly choosing to disregard her request if playing a heel version of the MC, heh). :sneaky:

Nah, a perky goth is usually just a Neil Gaiman fan... They all want to be Death from the Sandman series (the first perky "goth" character I became familiar with).
Touche! My frame of reference for goths is admittedly quite outdated. Still, now that I think of it I guess even the main character from the movie The Crow was a bit upbeat at times in a way (not sure if that'd qualify as perky). :unsure:

Reactions: MrFriendly

Son of Durin

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2021
I once made the mistake of being honest when a girlfriend wanted my opinion after she'd gotten her hair cut a bit TOO short... it was pixie cut gone wrong short. I told her it was cute but I missed her long hair. I'd always preferred long hair up until then but after a bit it completely changed my mind... not sure if it was because of how I felt about her or just started to appreciate how well the cut actually suited her and brought out her facial features. She did eventually grow it out again and I liked it but always still pictured her in my mind with it shorter (wasn't about to say I missed it being short :LOL:). Either way, I've had a great appreciation for both since then (though it also depends on the individual).

Katie K in this game was a bit of a surprise to me. I was was kinda dreading having to go over to "try her baking" when there were all these other characters to focus on. Her content was surprisingly hot though. Only downside was when she said no finishing in the hair or face there was no room for negotiation on other options (or possibly choosing to disregard her request if playing a heel version of the MC, heh). :sneaky:

Touche! My frame of reference for goths is admittedly quite outdated. Still, now that I think of it I guess even the main character from the movie The Crow was a bit upbeat at times in a way (not sure if that'd qualify as perky). :unsure:
I think Goths can be perky; Emos, on the other hand (and often mistaken for Goths), are required to maintain a public dourness at all times or risk having their identity entirely implode.

• Haha
Reactions: hampsure

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
Latest progress report from the developer at Patreon:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Check In 04/20/2023

Another lovely lady is gracing our title screen this week, those who followed the Julia path in our last update, or hang around discord probably have an idea who she is. For the rest I suppose you'll find out.

Renders are 2200 finished of the 2267 posed. So this scene has been about as much of a nightmare to pose as I suspected it was going to be, just kidding it's worse. Discord folks already saw me bitch about this, but when every possible choice is tallied in this scene I ended up without about 70 potential branches. Exciting as that is, it's just unacceptably complicated in creating enough renders to cover them all. So along with render posing I have to simplify and figure out how to shrink the branches without losing the thread of the scene. Managed to tighten it down to about 49 so far, but I'd like to tighten it further before my mind breaks and I end up in a rubber room. Jokes aside, as complicated as it's been it has at least been moving, slowly, but at least progress is being made.

Animations are at 20. Finished the "crown jewel" scene. I'm really happy with how this turned out. I have one more full scene of animations to have these mostly wrapped up, I'll still need to make timing adjustments and lighting tweaks and typical post work, but looking like these will be mostly wrapped pretty soon.

Nothing else super exciting at the moment, I've informed my testers when I expect to have my first Alpha build to them, and we're just going to work from there.

Thank you as always for the support and I hope you all have a lovely rest of your week.

Sláinte!

TimHawk

Dec 12, 2017

Check In 04/20/2023

Another lovely lady is gracing our title screen this week, those who followed the Julia path in our last update, or hang around discord probably have an idea who she is. For the rest I suppose you'll find out.

Renders are 2200 finished of the 2267 posed. So this scene has been about as much of a nightmare to pose as I suspected it was going to be, just kidding it's worse. Discord folks already saw me bitch about this, but when every possible choice is tallied in this scene I ended up without about 70 potential branches. Exciting as that is, it's just unacceptably complicated in creating enough renders to cover them all. So along with render posing I have to simplify and figure out how to shrink the branches without losing the thread of the scene. Managed to tighten it down to about 49 so far, but I'd like to tighten it further before my mind breaks and I end up in a rubber room. Jokes aside, as complicated as it's been it has at least been moving, slowly, but at least progress is being made.

Animations are at 20. Finished the "crown jewel" scene. I'm really happy with how this turned out. I have one more full scene of animations to have these mostly wrapped up, I'll still need to make timing adjustments and lighting tweaks and typical post work, but looking like these will be mostly wrapped pretty soon.

Nothing else super exciting at the moment, I've informed my testers when I expect to have my first Alpha build to them, and we're just going to work from there.

Thank you as always for the support and I hope you all have a lovely rest of your week.

Sláinte!
Oh...the Strawweight Queen Karolina ? Hmm, is that a walking cane ? Don't tell me she got injured and Amrith won't get her title shot plus revenge on her.

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
A couple of preview pics from the developer at Patreon:

Sneak Peek 04/23/2023

A little Amrit and Ines this week, everybody's favourite frenemies. Now normally I'm not supposed to say things like this, but I have to say that this particular Ines scene is a lot of fun. Might be my favourite I've done for her so far.

Next week as usual we'll be wrapping up the month with our dev journal for April, I'm still deciding between two topics, but since I've already done a good amount of Character profiles I'm thinking something a little different this time. I guess we'll see.

Thank you as always for the support and I hope you have a wonderful week.

Sláinte!

MF_DOOM

Mar 1, 2023
A couple of preview pics from the developer at Patreon:

Sneak Peek 04/23/2023

A little Amrit and Ines this week, everybody's favourite frenemies. Now normally I'm not supposed to say things like this, but I have to say that this particular Ines scene is a lot of fun. Might be my favourite I've done for her so far.

Next week as usual we'll be wrapping up the month with our dev journal for April, I'm still deciding between two topics, but since I've already done a good amount of Character profiles I'm thinking something a little different this time. I guess we'll see.

Thank you as always for the support and I hope you have a wonderful week.

Sláinte!
Of all the VNs this is the one I am waiting for the most, I hope a new update will be coming in May.

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017

Check In 04/26/2023

Our boy Alistair is the title girl for this week. Why do I always seem to make him look so miserable in these things?

Renders are 2236 finished of the 2502 posed. Not as many fully rendered this week, I spent the time really trying to get as much of the posing done. I estimate I'm a little over halfway done with the chonker, so there's starting to feel like a light at the end of the tunnel.

Animations are at 23. 2-3 more are what I'm planning on , but if I have the time and I need more I can do that. It's not a hard locked number. If you're in my discord you'll already know that the exciting news for this week was slipping some actual hair physics into the new animations. I've been tweaking them in and really rather happy with how they're looking so far. At the moment the method only works on the longer hairstyles. I hope one day I can manage to get it working on the shorter hair as well, but that's a problem for the future.

I wish I had more exciting or interesting news, but really this is just the weeds of the work, nothing glamourous or super cool, just grinding out your daily work. I wish I could make it sound sexier. But hey we're speeding towards alpha testing so maybe I'll have news of a fun bug or crazy glitch we encounter to spice things up. Or even crazier thought everything works as it's supposed to work the very first time. Probably unlikely huh?

Sláinte!

Son of Durin

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2021

Check In 04/26/2023

Our boy Alistair is the title girl for this week. Why do I always seem to make him look so miserable in these things?

Renders are 2236 finished of the 2502 posed. Not as many fully rendered this week, I spent the time really trying to get as much of the posing done. I estimate I'm a little over halfway done with the chonker, so there's starting to feel like a light at the end of the tunnel.

Animations are at 23. 2-3 more are what I'm planning on , but if I have the time and I need more I can do that. It's not a hard locked number. If you're in my discord you'll already know that the exciting news for this week was slipping some actual hair physics into the new animations. I've been tweaking them in and really rather happy with how they're looking so far. At the moment the method only works on the longer hairstyles. I hope one day I can manage to get it working on the shorter hair as well, but that's a problem for the future.

I wish I had more exciting or interesting news, but really this is just the weeds of the work, nothing glamourous or super cool, just grinding out your daily work. I wish I could make it sound sexier. But hey we're speeding towards alpha testing so maybe I'll have news of a fun bug or crazy glitch we encounter to spice things up. Or even crazier thought everything works as it's supposed to work the very first time. Probably unlikely huh?

Sláinte!
Hair physics...
Also, gently swaying pubes on close-ups would be amusing.

4.70 star(s) 112 Votes