VN Ren'Py STWA: Unbroken [Pt. 7] [STWAdev]

4.70 star(s) 112 Votes

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
It has been a long time since I played the first chapter. Can someone remind me on how Vi got those scars? I don't remember.
I don't believe we've been told yet, feels like we are getting closer to a scene where she will tell the story, or we shall see a flashback. I could be remembering wrong but so far it has only been alluded to IIRC.

Triple OG

Aug 28, 2019
Just played the latest update and it was heavy but good(y).
As a harem fan I must admit it doesn't make much sense to have that type of ending here.
These women including the MC have too much trauma and other problems going on.
And as the MC works on himself I hope he opens up more to his friends in the future.
Don't know what LI I'm going with so I'm just letting the story unfold for now.

MercyHealer

Jul 29, 2019
I don't believe we've been told yet, feels like we are getting closer to a scene where she will tell the story, or we shall see a flashback. I could be remembering wrong but so far it has only been alluded to IIRC.
Ah, ok. Thanks for your response. In the previous update there is a scene where MC talk to Ines about how Vi got those scars so I thought it already been explain before and I just forgot.

Son of Durin

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2021
not sure but on throupie ending both got preggo i think.

unlikely but what's wrong on koga's mod?
KoGa3's mod does too much and, as noted, doesn't have the gallery option. Sancho and KoGa3 are talented individuals, but they give more than is really needed, especially in a game such as this one. A good walk through and a gallery are all most of us really want or need, and Scrappy seems to get that.

underoath27

Nov 22, 2020
Yep, that's the one.

Her cousins are love interests in the third with the aunt being a partial LI. I don't fully know what the dev means by partial LI but i'm guessing side girl but not getting an ending.

All he's said about it is it is going to be a lot darker than the first 2 with it being heavily mob based.

We do also know one of the cousins is an incredibly violent lunatic.
Male character likes The Author and Unbroken?

KoGa3

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Aug 14, 2018
KoGa3's mod does too much and, as noted, doesn't have the gallery option. Sancho and KoGa3 are talented individuals, but they give more than is really needed, especially in a game such as this one. A good walk through and a gallery are all most of us really want or need, and Scrappy seems to get that.
I have to chime in here a bit...
That sounds as scrappy is doing an easy part - it's quite the contrary. Doing a good walkthrough and gallery can be hard work, really hard work. Especially in games like this one and some even bigger games hi's doing with the many routes to follow. They're actually already above my skills. That's why my "walkthrough" isn't really one, I just give hints what you can get in choises.
Anyway, I'll drop out of here again lurking for game updates....

Son of Durin

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2021
I have to chime in here a bit...
That sounds as scrappy is doing an easy part - it's quite the contrary. Doing a good walkthrough and gallery can be hard work, really hard work. Especially in games like this one and some even bigger games hi's doing with the many routes to follow. They're actually already above my skills. That's why my "walkthrough" isn't really one, I just give hints what you can get in choises.
Anyway, I'll drop out of here again lurking for game updates....
Didn't realize the walkthrough was "harder" as most mods I see usually have one (or at least something that provides data on the result of a decision). I know it is very involved as the modder will have to know all of the currently known downstream effects of a VN. My point is that the walkthrough mod doesn't mess with the game stats or add in music options, multiple pop-up scoreboards/cheatboards/etc., or many of the other things that, from the outside looking in, would seem to create more avenues for corruption and failure than turning a response a certain color and providing what is effectively a footnote as to the known impact of the action ("love +1"; "leads to sex scene"; "ends route with this potential LI"). The things you and Sancho do seem to add in a significant number of additional dependencies that a walk through doesn't seem to do.

Maybe I'm not "getting it", but from my limited experience with such things, more dependencies mean more things that can break, and that was my basic point. I think it is proven out by the fact that you and Sancho have caveats about the potential impacts of your mods on past and future saves, and that it is people using these multi-element cheat and enhancement mods that tend to run into"saves" trouble most often.

KoGa3

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Aug 14, 2018
Didn't realize the walkthrough was "harder" as most mods I see usually have one (or at least something that provides data on the result of a decision). I know it is very involved as the modder will have to know all of the currently known downstream effects of a VN. My point is that the walkthrough mod doesn't mess with the game stats or add in music options, multiple pop-up scoreboards/cheatboards/etc., or many of the other things that, from the outside looking in, would seem to create more avenues for corruption and failure than turning a response a certain color and providing what is effectively a footnote as to the known impact of the action ("love +1"; "leads to sex scene"; "ends route with this potential LI"). The things you and Sancho do seem to add in a significant number of additional dependencies that a walk through doesn't seem to do.

Maybe I'm not "getting it", but from my limited experience with such things, more dependencies mean more things that can break, and that was my basic point. I think it is proven out by the fact that you and Sancho have caveats about the potential impacts of your mods on past and future saves, and that it is people using these multi-element cheat and enhancement mods that tend to run into"saves" trouble most often.
The problem is - it depends. A walkthrough can be a "simple" thing when the outcomes are kinda easy. Or a pain in the ass when even sometimes the developers themselfs already have troubles with their own game routes. Behind a simple "green highlight" in a choice can be hidden a lot of knowledge about the game itself and its outcomes.

About broken saves - yes, that's sometimes a problem, at least for me and my Mods since I change quite some things in a game. Most actually still do work, but sometimes you even have no clue why it brakes a game save. But funnily the most broken ones I've noticed or heard from others using my Mods are often from the game itself and changing bigger things in the older parts. Ren'Py seems to not like that.
Anyway, don't want to go to off topic here. Have a nice sunday!

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
Didn't realize the walkthrough was "harder" as most mods I see usually have one (or at least something that provides data on the result of a decision).
easy: choice a leads to z and choice b leads to y and that's it
hard: choice a leads to z which will much later lead to c or d and those have splits too and same with with b which eventually leads to splits too

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
easy: choice a leads to z and choice b leads to y and that's it
hard: choice a leads to z which will much later lead to c or d and those have splits too and same with with b which eventually leads to splits too
Or choice a with girl b leads x releases later to breakup with girl c. Being a DIK

• Haha
Reactions: Skeltom and cxx
4.70 star(s) 112 Votes