VN Ren'Py STWA: Unbroken [Pt. 7] [STWAdev]

4.70 star(s) 112 Votes

Chuck_Bass

Nov 25, 2022
Perhaps I should have phrased that better. I didn't mean that it was unrealistic per se I meant that I personally find it off-putting and overdone. I worked out religiously until my mid-thirties so I'm well aware of the effect on cheap sluts. But not all women will drop their thongs because you have a six-pack and a fancy car, some actually have standards and won't be your side piece no matter your masculine energy. There could be at least one woman like that in the game, no? Again, just my personal opinion.
Sure, but generally women are attracted to high value men and I think the game reflects that really well.
Jenny, Julia are just what you mentioned, "cheap sluts" while somebody like Elspeth for example is not that easy and you can see in their interactions they connect on a higher level than just a pure physical attraction.
It's not like all women in the game just hop in the sack with him and that's about it.

MorbidViews21

Aug 3, 2019
game is good. Has beautiful renders and all the main love interest are gorgeous. animations are weird. but everything else is great.

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
Sure, but generally women are attracted to high value men and I think the game reflects that really well.
Jenny, Julia are just what you mentioned, "cheap sluts" while somebody like Elspeth for example is not that easy and you can see in their interactions they connect on a higher level than just a pure physical attraction.
It's not like all women in the game just hop in the sack with him and that's about it.
I'd have agreed before Kana's sex scene. But now it feels like blablub123456 is right: no girl can resist the vacant stare of Valentine, some just haggle more first.

• Haha
Reactions: Walter Victor

Son of Durin

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2021
As I remarked to another poster, this developer likes to give players multiple chances to connect with a particular potential LI. It's the way he wrote The Author, and it looks like he's doing the same thing in this game. Perhaps if you realize that, it will be less annoying for you... or not. :)
Maybe some folks don't want any semblance of reality in an AVN: "I'm not interested in that one because of the size of her tits, color of her skin, age, color of her hair (you get the picture), so I don't want her to even talk to me the rest of the game, or show up even in the background, after I show her the hand! Dammit!"

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
Maybe some folks don't want any semblance of reality in an AVN: "I'm not interested in that one because of the size of her tits, color of her skin, age, color of her hair (you get the picture), so I don't want her to even talk to me the rest of the game, or show up even in the background, after I show her the hand! Dammit!"
Doing that still wouldn't be enough for some. Some would want the option to not even see a potential LI in the first place, while others would want her removed completely from the game. That slut has a tattoo!!! Get rid of her, or else! Don't bother just removing the tattoo. Any bitch that would agree to being tattooed in the first place is irredeemable!

Son of Durin

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2021
Doing that still wouldn't be enough for some. Some would want the option to not even see a potential LI in the first place, while others would want her removed completely from the game. That slut has a tattoo!!! Get rid of her, or else! Don't bother just removing the tattoo. Any bitch that would agree to being tattooed in the first place is irredeemable!
"She has a tattoo! She can't be a virgin! I only want virgins! This is NTR!!!!!!! SCREEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Honesty, IRL, I'm not a big fan of big ink. A little here and there is okay. A well done sleeve wouldn't turn me completely off, or something artistic on the back, but, I'm not really a fan of the trend of black lacework all over the front of the torso. Not a fan of webs on the neck or anything on face, either. And I don't want to be eating out Homer Simpson. (You know the one I'm talking about.)

Son of Durin

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2021
Hmmmm.... I guess the CIA chick does give off a little bit of a Jessica Chastain/Zero-Dark-Thirty vibe, but vanilla instead of strawberry flavored.

Son of Durin

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2021
Now I see what some others were saying about the Katie scene - a little hurky-jerky in the animation. But, the one cardinal sin of that scene: always show the results of a creampie. If you load her up, show it off. ;)

Reactions: PussyDelendaEst

blablub123456

Mar 15, 2019

By and large, I agree with you. imho a high-value man has more than looks and status, he has competence and he has impulse control. And while average women are blinded by the former two and do not track the latter two, high-value women absolutely do. If you act like a rabid dog you cannot be trusted and you're out.

So if the interactions with Kana and Elsi play out exactly the same whether you in fact play as a high-value man or whether you fuck everything that moves, what does that make them? I would have loved Elsi to just tell the MC to take a hike if he cannot keep it in his pants, instead of throwing herself at him naked in a pool.
That scene was so out of character with all the prior dialogue it was unreal. Or at least it seemed that way to me. Replay that scene and you'll see the only reason she doesn't actually mount him is his forcefully scripted avoidant and evasive behavior. The Kana scene was even worse in that regard. Again all of this is a matter of opinion and we can just agree to disagree.

[EDIT] Also to be clear I think this is a high-quality read/watch. I'm nitpicking because I like it. If I disliked it I wouldn't have bothered.

Last edited:
Reactions: ename144

Chuck_Bass

Nov 25, 2022
imho a high-value man has more than looks and status, he has competence and he has impulse control
Generally speaking, competent men usually have somewhat high status, you can't be considered competent if all you do is flipping burgers and playing video games all day.

I would have loved Elsi to just tell the MC to take a hike if he cannot keep it in his pants, instead of throwing herself at him naked in a pool.
Why? It's not like they have some sort of a real relationship or anything. They didnt even have a proper date at this point. I think the end of chapter 5 when they went to a movie and kissed before she got on the train might be that moment when she said something like "Finally decided to make your move? Game is on!"

That scene was so out of character with all the prior dialogue it was unreal. Or at least it seemed that way to me. Replay that scene and you'll see the only reason she doesn't actually mount him is his forcefully scripted avoidant and evasive behavior.
I don't know, it made sense to me. They have been dancing around each other for the entire game and they made a real connection in that conversation and got really personal about their military past. I served in the army and if I had a drop-dead sexy naked woman with me in the pool getting all personal about our PTSD I would definitely let her jump me :ROFLMAO:
People who never served and didn't see combat don't understand that kind of connection and how personal it can be, not that I blame them or anything.
Anyway, you can avoid her "mounting" if you shorten the kiss and she will leave you alone. I guess leaning in to a kiss is sending the message "I am interested".

blablub123456

Mar 15, 2019
Why? It's not like they have some sort of a real relationship or anything.
My point exactly. High-value women don't typically fuck around without any meaningful investment or commitment of any sort. Especially not if they know you are a skirt chaser fucking everything that has a pulse. If you think that scene was indicative of the price of admission to a woman with standards given this context let's agree to disagree. Thank you for your service and have a good one.

• Haha
Reactions: Mr. Muscles

Chuck_Bass

Nov 25, 2022
My point exactly. High-value women don't typically fuck around without any meaningful investment or commitment of any sort. Especially not if they know you are a skirt chaser fucking everything that has a pulse. If you think that scene was indicative of the price of admission to a woman with standards given this context let's agree to disagree. Thank you for your service and have a good one.
Yes, but Elsi made a point about this in their conversation how she thinks(slightly depends on your choices with her) all his sarcasm, self-doubt, promiscuity and some other character flaws are a mask and sort of self punishment, probably a result of his past in the military.

blablub123456

Mar 15, 2019
Yes, but Elsi made a point about this in their conversation how she thinks(slightly depends on your choices with her) all his sarcasm, self-doubt, promiscuity and some other character flaws are a mask and sort of self punishment, probably a result of his past in the military.
I agree but that has nothing to do with my criticism. To wit, I find it irritating that all the women in this VN act like cheap sluts who throw themselves at the MC irrespective of how much whoremongering he does. Elspi was built up as an intelligent woman with standards from a well-off background and then out of nowhere, she acts like a cheap slut. It's perfectly fine for sluts to do slut things, but it is out of character for her the way she was set up by the author. A high-value woman with standards doesn't strip naked and throw herself at a whoremonger - who is actively whoremongering - whom she has been on zero dates with. That's what sluts and naive gullible tweens do.

There's nothing wrong with that scene if it happens after they've been on dates and he keeps it in his pants with everyone else.

Chuck_Bass

Nov 25, 2022
I agree but that has nothing to do with my criticism. To wit, I find it irritating that all the women in this VN act like cheap sluts who throw themselves at the MC irrespective of how much whoremongering he does. Elspi was built up as an intelligent woman with standards from a well-off background and then out of nowhere, she acts like a cheap slut. It's perfectly fine for sluts to do slut things, but it is out of character for her the way she was set up by the author. A high-value woman with standards doesn't strip naked and throw herself at a whoremonger - who is actively whoremongering - whom she has been on zero dates with. That's what sluts and naive gullible tweens do.

There's nothing wrong with that scene if it happens after they've been on dates and he keeps it in his pants with everyone else.
That's the thing, Els KNOWS he is not just an asshole womanizer, It's what he wants the world to think of him. It's like me growing a beard, I don't want people to notice I got a baby face in my late 30s.
So my theory about that(and I might be reading to much into this) is being naked is a vulnerability thing and she wants him to lower his defenses and make a point to him that he is not just a horn dog and points out to him he looked away when she striped down and did not make a move on her.
Also, if she was acting like a cheap slut, she would not be putting his dick away...As you said, she is highly intelligent and knows what she was doing.

blablub123456

Mar 15, 2019
That's the thing, Els KNOWS he is not just an asshole womanizer, It's what he wants the world to think of him. It's like me growing a beard, I don't want people to notice I got a baby face in my late 30s.
So my theory about that(and I might be reading to much into this) is being naked is a vulnerability thing and she wants him to lower his defenses and make a point to him that he is not just a horn dog and points out to him he looked away when she striped down and did not make a move on her.
Also, if she was acting like a cheap slut, she would not be putting his dick away...As you said, she is highly intelligent and knows what she was doing.

That's a very interesting take on it that I hadn't considered at all. As I recall, it was his evasive behavior that lead to her backing out. I'll have to re-watch that scene when I'm not semi-distracted during a conf call to see if I agree with your take on that subtext. Yes, I'm that guy who reads well-written VNs during tedious conf calls so I don't die from boredom. :sneaky:

• Haha
Reactions: Chuck_Bass

Chuck_Bass

Nov 25, 2022
That's a very interesting take on it that I hadn't considered at all. As I recall, it was his evasive behavior that lead to her backing out. I'll have to re-watch that scene when I'm not semi-distracted during a conf call to see if I agree with your take on that subtext. Yes, I'm that guy who reads well-written VNs during tedious conf calls so I don't die from boredom. :sneaky:
That's totally legit.

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
Latest progress report from the developer at Patreon:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Check in 01/11/2023

Hey all! We now are returning to our regular post schedule.

Thanks everybody who showed up to our QnA on Sunday I hope had a nice time. For those who missed it the above render is for 500 patrons. I'd like to a little something extra as well for that landmark, but I haven't quite decided on what so keep an eye out.

So after my refreshing week off I'm back to hitting the pavement and getting started on update work. Most of this week will focus on building sets, getting things converted and organizing the script outline. It's not really that glamourous, but it's part of the job.

I'd love to have more exciting news but that's about it for now, just getting all my early update work done, I'll let you know how it's looking next week, but most likely I'll be all finished by then and on to some heavier work.

As I always say, thank you so much for your support it really means the world to me. I hope you have a lovely rest of your week!

Sláinte!

4.70 star(s) 112 Votes