3.50 star(s) 101 Votes

Reapergod36

Jun 23, 2017
The game just won't stop going with exposition on top of exposition with no interactivity in terms of the player at all. Holy fuck I got to the orcs and gathering food, water and lodging. I might try to continue later but it just hits you with more exposition about characters you don't have any reason to care about.

Tranquil Rain

Jul 8, 2018
Get up, come on get down with the thiccness...
Not gonna try it but I will keep an eye out for this, art seems great from the screenshots. Bonus points for succubus characters since they are more rare than you would think, honestly we need more fantasy games with actual art not rpgmaker sprites. Not hating on rpgmaker games, I like everyone else thought about creating a game with it but just became too lazy.

Sep 12, 2018
After playing it the future and assassins creed type stuff seem unnecessary and just a simple medieval hunter would work better.
Characters are interesting however everything happens too fast to be invested into any of them(This is just a demo and real story can change regarding that).
Other than that looks great :sneaky:(y)

NeroZee

Jun 24, 2018
So how do you save game?
When you are a young kid the game will ask you when to save, as an adult you go around looking for camp fires and saving at them.

The game just won't stop going with exposition on top of exposition with no interactivity in terms of the player at all. Holy fuck I got to the orcs and gathering food, water and lodging. I might try to continue later but it just hits you with more exposition about characters you don't have any reason to care about.
It is the very first release of the game and this game is very much story focused so yea it's gonna dump a lot of exposition here. This wont be the case for future releases, where the exposition will take a back seat.

After playing it the future and assassins creed type stuff seem unnecessary and just a simple medieval hunter would work better.
Characters are interesting however everything happens too fast to be invested into any of them(This is just a demo and real story can change regarding that).
Other than that looks great :sneaky:(y)
It actually has a good reason for starting off in the future, cause these games are gonna happen throughout the ages/generations, from ancient times all the way up to the future itself.

Zion of Olympus

Game Developer
Apr 23, 2019
I received some criticism regarding the length of the beginning (intro) of the game.

At the beginning of each generation, things will be a bit more story heavy, because I'll need to present to you the most important characters and the general state of the world.

Things will not be story locked like the beginning of a generation from now on.

One example: in the second game, since you already know the world and the main characters, it will be more straight forward.

Things will only get a bit story heavy again in the 5th game, with the second generation (I hope you get there, thanks for the support!) where the game will change setting again, introducing many new characters to the new Era.

That aside, I hope you guys enjoyed the demo, let me know your thoughts.

Thank you all for the immense support. :giggle:

Reapergod36

Jun 23, 2017
When you are a young kid the game will ask you when to save, as an adult you go around looking for camp fires and saving at them.

It is the very first release of the game and this game is very much story focused so yea it's gonna dump a lot of exposition here. This wont be the case for future releases, where the exposition will take a back seat.

It actually has a good reason for starting off in the future, cause these games are gonna happen throughout the ages/generations, from ancient times all the way up to the future itself.
Listing this off as the first installment does not excuse not telling the story in an interactive way. Many games do it and to excuse it for not using interactive storytelling is garbage. I found one bit of the story endearing and the rest was just desperately holding Z or Enter to try to get to something where it actually fucking mattered that I was involved.

Reapergod36

Jun 23, 2017
I received some criticism regarding the length of the beginning (intro) of the game.

At the beginning of each generation, things will be a bit more story heavy, because I'll need to present to you the most important characters and the general state of the world.

Things will not be story locked like the beginning of a generation from now on.

One example: in the second game, since you already know the world and the main characters, it will be more straight forward.

Things will only get a bit story heavy again in the 5th game, with the second generation (I hope you get there, thanks for the support!) where the game will change setting again, introducing many new characters to the new Era.

That aside, I hope you guys enjoyed the demo, let me know your thoughts.

Thank you all for the immense support. :giggle:
If you want I can link you to a youtube channel that often goes in-depth into discussing what goes into making a game. As well as covering engaging the player in different genres in terms of story, mechanics, and involving narrative. Don't write this bull off as just, "Because it's the first game it gets a pass." A few examples that come to mind is Gears of War 1 didn't have to do this, Unreal 1 didn't have to do this, Earth Defense Force doesn't have to do this. If you want an example of a game like yours in terms of genre, look at The Last Demon Hunter: Remastered. It has a lot of narrative to cover but doesn't drown you in it all at once. Feeding the player tidbits here and there to understand a deeper narrative is so much better then sitting the player down and lecturing them about why they should care.

NeroZee

Jun 24, 2018
Listing this off as the first installment does not excuse not telling the story in an interactive way. Many games do it and to excuse it for not using interactive storytelling is garbage. I found one bit of the story endearing and the rest was just desperately holding Z or Enter to try to get to something where it actually fucking mattered that I was involved.
I am not sure how much interactivity you were expecting, i thought there was enough of it as it is and the story and characters kept me engaged enough to read it all. That being said it's the guys first game ever and it's first release ever, the exposition wont be heavy in the future releases obviously since the bulk of it was already established. In the end everyone has their own preferences so if the game is not for you, i am sure there are plenty of others are.

Zion of Olympus

Game Developer
Apr 23, 2019
If you want I can link you to a youtube channel that often goes in-depth into discussing what goes into making a game. As well as covering engaging the player in different genres in terms of story, mechanics, and involving narrative. Don't write this bull off as just, "Because it's the first game it gets a pass." A few examples that come to mind is Gears of War 1 didn't have to do this, Unreal 1 didn't have to do this, Earth Defense Force doesn't have to do this. If you want an example of a game like yours in terms of genre, look at The Last Demon Hunter: Remastered. It has a lot of narrative to cover but doesn't drown you in it all at once. Feeding the player tidbits here and there to understand a deeper narrative is so much better then sitting the player down and lecturing them about why they should care.
The truth is, this is not even part of what I have planned for this game when it comes to story. Believe me, I cut it a lot for not making it too long.

But please, send me the link, I'll like to see it and do better next time. Specially in the second gen (5th game) when the Era changes again.

Although, many people also enjoy the length of the intro, that's I think it's a matter of opinion, but not something that can hold me to make even better intros in the future.

So please, send me the link for the video. I'll like to see it to improve.

Thank you for your interest on the game and your comments on it.

Reactions: iamslime
3.50 star(s) 101 Votes