RPGM Succum Brewery [v0.3.2] [LimeJuiceGames]

4.60 star(s) 90 Votes

Chimi

Dec 30, 2017
Really like the premise and what is there thus far and eagerly waiting new content.

One suggestion I have though;

Right now if you reach a certain point at the pool table, the writing says something about
"You're gonna make this a regular thing now?"

And at least in my case, I was stuck on this phase for a very long time. It just makes it feel a bit odd that she over and over does the same thing and gets the same question. (I get that stages need to repeat, but I think just the writing in particular could be adapted to make repeat viewings make a bit more sense). Maybe the bit about making it a regular thing should be a one time view, and then next stage be laid up in a way that repeat viewing makes sense writing wise too.

I will also echo statements of others in this thread. Some more transparency when it comes to what profits drinks make would be nice. Very difficult to know if it's worth serving higher level drinks when they're more expensive and we don't really know how much of a difference it makes. (It didn't feel like very much at least).

kirto12

Jul 15, 2017
When will the latest update be up?
the next public release will be around the 12th or 13th so most likely then unless someone from the pawn or chud tier decides to leek it.

but from personal experience its not leaked vary often so you will likely have to wait until the public release

Reactions: Spectre143

ren3g4d3i

Jun 8, 2017
the next public release will be around the 12th or 13th so most likely then unless someone from the pawn or chud tier decides to leek it.

but from personal experience its not leaked vary often so you will likely have to wait until the public release
If the release schedule stays the same, the next public release should be on July 5th, right (for ver. 0.3.3)? As it takes a week for the author to release it to everyone else.

kirto12

Jul 15, 2017
If the release schedule stays the same, the next public release should be on July 5th, right (for ver. 0.3.3)? As it takes a week for the author to release it to everyone else.
the release on the 5th would be for the Chud tier who get it a week early and the public release would be on the 12th.

from my experience if the update is going to be leaked it will likely be some one from the Chud tier but this is one of those games that don't get leaked very often so we will likely have to wait for the 12th when the update is released to the public

Spectre143

Apr 16, 2021

thanks bruv

ProfN42

Feb 16, 2022
Really like the premise and what is there thus far and eagerly waiting new content.

One suggestion I have though;

Right now if you reach a certain point at the pool table, the writing says something about
"You're gonna make this a regular thing now?"

And at least in my case, I was stuck on this phase for a very long time. It just makes it feel a bit odd that she over and over does the same thing and gets the same question. (I get that stages need to repeat, but I think just the writing in particular could be adapted to make repeat viewings make a bit more sense). Maybe the bit about making it a regular thing should be a one time view, and then next stage be laid up in a way that repeat viewing makes sense writing wise too.
Have to disagree here; I think grinding and having to repeatedly view H scenes before you can unlock the next one is padding, not game design. It's designed to make you think a 4 hour runtime game is a 20 hour game. That's why so many of these patreon funded games are grindfests.

I will also echo statements of others in this thread. Some more transparency when it comes to what profits drinks make would be nice. Very difficult to know if it's worth serving higher level drinks when they're more expensive and we don't really know how much of a difference it makes. (It didn't feel like very much at least).
Now this I agree with. If you're going to have a bartending game, especially one where the main character is literally owner-operator and not just an employee, then we need to have a look at the balance sheet! At the end of every day (or at least every week) we should have the option to look at the bar's income vs expenses so we can plan for profitability. (No need to get super in depth with overhead, spoilage, shelf life, refrigeration, etc., etc. lol). It'd also be cool if the computer could also track popularity of drinks (ie., "this week 50% of chuds requested drink A, 40% drink B, and 10% drink B") so you could plan what to stock.

shundi82

Sep 7, 2022
Have to disagree here; I think grinding and having to repeatedly view H scenes before you can unlock the next one is padding, not game design. It's designed to make you think a 4 hour runtime game is a 20 hour game. That's why so many of these patreon funded games are grindfests.

Now this I agree with. If you're going to have a bartending game, especially one where the main character is literally owner-operator and not just an employee, then we need to have a look at the balance sheet! At the end of every day (or at least every week) we should have the option to look at the bar's income vs expenses so we can plan for profitability. (No need to get super in depth with overhead, spoilage, shelf life, refrigeration, etc., etc. lol). It'd also be cool if the computer could also track popularity of drinks (ie., "this week 50% of chuds requested drink A, 40% drink B, and 10% drink B") so you could plan what to stock.
Ane Kasegi (by the The Imperial Gatekeeper dev) might be a nice template for what you've listed.
I highly recommend it, if you also like lite management sims:
https://f95zone.to/threads/ane-kasegi-v1-44-tengsten.2808/

If you plan on testing/playing it, just make sure to update its Wolf RPG engine:

Byorislav

Jun 23, 2018
Isn't that exactly why he has the cheat chicken there, it's not even a "unlock all mode but you can give yourself things in small increments to reduce the grind by exactly as much as you are willing to grind. I like this way more than games where i have to choose from the start a difficulty that changes numbers that affect the grind. I've never played the game so how can i possibly know how normal is "normal" difficulty.
In this game with the cheat chicken I played half the game normally and when i felt it got a bit repetitive i gave myself some money and rep to skip to the next part faster. IMO the perfect way to give the player a way to influence the amount of grind they wish to have.

LimeJuiceGames

Game Developer
Sep 24, 2022
On the topic of grind: I plan on doing balance passes every few major updates to make sure the game is in a place I want it to be. I would like for new events to come up ever couple of days and for the game to constantly feel like progression is happening. If that means increasing corruption speed, or income, or whatever then that's what I'll do.

On the topic of brewing: It's on my mind. I would like to find some meaningful solutions for brewing. Right now it's not a super high priority. My focus is writing scenes.

For total game time? My long term goal was to have the game be about a 6 hour experience. It's sometimes hard for me to judge because when I test the game I play optimally. But really I consider all that to be fixes to be done toward the end of development. Right now I just want to write erotic scenes, chud jokes, and make crappy mini-games.

4.60 star(s) 90 Votes