Tool HTML Completed SugarMelt - Twine/SugarCube editing/cheat tool

Lure of Chaos

Apr 21, 2020
Please welcome a new reincarnation of TwineHacker - SugarMelt!

It is a Wine\SugarCube editing/cheating tool.

Links:
Homepage and a source:

Chrome extension:

Firefox extension:

SugarMelt

It's Kotlin rewrite of

Extension purpose and usage:

To Debug(Or Cheat) Twine{SugarCube} Variables
it analyzes
SugarCube.State.active.variables continuously and presents it conveniently as tabular data, so you could easily inspect and change its content.

This extension offers nothing more beyond you could do using the console. It it intended to debug games or make easier grinding in some games if you hate grinds or constantly dying and just want to enjoy content.

WARNING! Use it on your own risk. Note that you could easily break a game, make its behavior be strange and\or buggy, or just spoil your own gaming joy.

Credits
This extension is based on similar one from this f95 thread (but this one is borrowing just an idea, no code was stolen.)

(thanks to @spectr3.9911)

compatible with Chrome and Firefox (possibly others could handle it too).

Installation instructions
  • Chrome: download repository and use Developer Mode then point build/dist/js/productionExecutable or build/dist/js/developmentExecutable directory
  • Firefox: use Firefox Developer Edition, upload as Temporary Extension and point build/package/SugarMelt.zip file
  • Just use links above as I got these extensions approved
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Comparison with the original
Extension is completely rewritten, these are changes:

• F12 - Extension has its own dev tools panel
  • It's always open instead of being initially collapsed, so you might get scrolling (I hate this bug with not fully expandable panels and no possibility even to scroll)
  • No keys to activate. If TwH has detected the game, it will show panel, otherwise empty.
  • It's easy to add support to other engines (Wikifier etc)
P.S. pull requests and suggestions are highly welcomed.

Last edited:

paco.rerse

Jan 4, 2021
Can't get it to install on chrome, it gives me an error stating "Download error - could not decode image: 128.png" and it never ends up installing unfortunately.
Chrome version 122.0.6261.112 on Windows 11 Pro build 22631.3155

Reactions: LeakAngel

Lure of Chaos

Apr 21, 2020
Can't get it to install on chrome, it gives me an error stating "Download error - could not decode image: 128.png" and it never ends up installing unfortunately.
Chrome version 122.0.6261.112 on Windows 11 Pro build 22631.3155
Finally figured it out. Sorry for inconvenience. Also some bugs were fixed. Just wait when Google approves 3.0.3.1 version.

Reactions: LeakAngel

LeakAngel

Milk junky
Donor
Jun 20, 2018
Thanks for the work, waiting to try this out. I've been using an old version of TwineHacker for many years now and I can't wait to upgrade lol

Redlightsart

Oct 19, 2022
Sry but i need a little help. I think this useful, but i have a problem to run it. I have just to download the extension from Chrome and then press F12 In-game for the panel? Thanks for every help. :)

Last edited:

Lure of Chaos

Apr 21, 2020
Yes, "Sugarmelt", but there only says filter and highlights. And when i want to cheat with sugarcube in console, it says error sugarcube couldnt find.
Please say what game you try to cheat, I'll take a look. But I suppose that it's engine is not a SugarCube, or SugarCube fork (as has) or is running in a frame (Example, the same ) or at the early stage SugarCube isn't initialized yet. Or the bugs are coming again :)
Anyway, if you had no luck with the console, then SugarMelt can do nothing too.

Redlightsart

Oct 19, 2022
Please say what game you try to cheat, I'll take a look. But I suppose that it's engine is not a SugarCube, or SugarCube fork (as has) or is running in a frame (Example, the same ) or at the early stage SugarCube isn't initialized yet. Or the bugs are coming again :)
Anyway, if you had no luck with the console, then SugarMelt can do nothing too.
It was College Daze

Redlightsart

Oct 19, 2022
Again, you can always install it as unpacked extension.
There is if you don't compile it from the source:
It works for me now on downloaded games but not on online games. Needed to reinstall the browser, don't know why.

Thanks for your help and work. :)

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Lure of Chaos, hey bud, I'm not getting the SugarMelt menu to pop for selection in FF 124.0 (64-bit).
DevTools settings shows it's selected (bottom-left of the below pic, click to enlarge it) but it's not showing up in menu bar.
Known issue?
1710957787871.png

Reactions: anon568456

Lure of Chaos

Apr 21, 2020
Lure of Chaos, hey bud, I'm not getting the SugarMelt menu to pop for selection in FF 124.0 (64-bit).
DevTools settings shows it's selected (bottom-left of the below pic, click to enlarge it) but it's not showing up in menu bar.
Known issue?
Yeah, something got with the permissions when installed from Google Store (although it has a "file:///" permission). Being loaded as unpacked extension does not have this issue. Still got to examine this isuue.

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Yeah, something got with the permissions when installed from Google Store (although it has a "file:///" permission). Being loaded as unpacked extension does not have this issue. Still got to examine this isuue.
Okay, but to be clear this is on firefox (v124.0 in this case). Just an FYI.

tlovers

Dec 26, 2018
No luck in trying to tweak manifest.json to make Firefox allow extension access local files (file://). Maybe someone could point it to me? It's still been grayed out.
At least Chrome is letting it.

JSON:
{
  "manifest_version": 3,
  "name": "SugarMelt",
  "version": "3.0.3.1",
  "description": "Allows you to change font/style; also adds cheats",
  "author": "Lure.of.Chaos@gmail.com",
  "homepage_url": "https://github.com/lure0xaos/SugarMelt",
  "icons": {
    "16": "icons/16.png",
    "48": "icons/48.png",
    "128": "icons/128.png"
  },
  "permissions": [
    "storage",
    "activeTab"
  ],
  "content_scripts": [
    {
      "matches": [
        "<all_urls>",
        "file://*/*"
      ]
    }
  ],
  "host_permissions": [
    "*://*/*",
    "file://*/*",
    "file:///"
  ],
  "devtools_page": "devtools.html",
  "browser_specific_settings": {
    "gecko": {
      "id": "SugarMelt@lure0xaos"
    }
  }

}
Here ya go. This way it supposed to work on every active page and also on those that were open locally