3.40 star(s) 18 Votes

ILCjr

Dec 27, 2018
Ok it is a pass for me. Between the forced sexual situations (That really does not seem to make a lot of sense), the pedantic personality of the MC, and not being able to put it on auto (But can skip) I just can't do this game. I may try it again at some point, but right now, it is a pass.

DrakoGhoul

Engaged Member
Jul 13, 2018
Just looking at the overview, preview pictures and tags, the game looks great. I'll definitely check this out. The 8gb file size, on the other hand, gave me a pause. Looking at the changelog, there does seem like a lot of content for the 1st release but that's a lot of space. While I do have the space, that's still too much.

I'll wait a bit for a compress and then try it.

Gwedelino

Game Developer
Sep 4, 2017
I do commend the dev on the amount of content for this first release though. I mean, jeez. That's how you do a first release and then some. Puts all these other devs to shame that release their tiny demos or five minute updates.
Yeah but as a dev, waiting to have a lot of content before a very first release is not the best idea.

Dev is committing way too much before getting actual criticism from the audience. His mistakes will be spotted way too late and it will require him a load of times to fix it just because his very first release was done a bit too late.

I think the best thing to do is to find the right middle-ground between a 8 hours game and a 5 minutes barebone tech demo.

Saint Blackmoor

Saint and Sinner
Donor
Oct 26, 2017
Overall, to me, it seems like a sloppy and rushed attempt to put out a game... just to put out, maybe make easy money.
v0.1
  • Over 4500 Full HD renders
  • Episodes 1-4
  • 6-8 hours of gameplay
  • Over 100 animations
  • Special renders
  • Music and sound effects
:unsure: I'm reading two completely opposing statements here.
Both can't be right. I guess playing it will show who is full of it.

Last edited:

kristijanEX

May 25, 2020
8 gigs ? I usually don't download first updates, but I would have done with this if it wasn't for the file size, any chance the download will be smaller in the future with the optimization ? If not and this is as optimized as it gets without the loss of quality, then I'll still download.

UnoriginalUserName

Engaged Member
Sep 3, 2017
Hrm.

This is a case of bigger not necessarily being better.

There's some mild Engrish going on, not the worst, but it's clearly Russian first and translated into English 2nd.

The game itself is...weird "plot"-wise, and as others have said you have basically little to no control over what the fuck the MC does. There are a few options, but there are a lot of forced scripted events. I get the whole "narrative" thing, but this shit is annoying when you're forced into relationships, especially when you may not like the bitch in question.

That said, the renders and animations are pretty good.

Overall not my cup of H-game tea though.

UnoriginalUserName

Engaged Member
Sep 3, 2017
When you say "you" do you mean yourself or the MC's narrative? (just asking)
Me personally in this case. The whole combination of visual novel and kinetic novel genres is...messy. It's better to pick one or the other, trying to do both results in having to shoehorn in shit for the sake of the story progression, and doing that with character relationships just doesn't work in my opinion.

botc76

The Crawling Chaos, Bringer of Strange Joy
Donor
Oct 23, 2016
Yeah but as a dev, waiting to have a lot of content before a very first release is not the best idea.

Dev is committing way too much before getting actual criticism from the audience. His mistakes will be spotted way too late and it will require him a load of times to fix it just because his very first release was done a bit too late.

I think the best thing to do is to find the right middle-ground between a 8 hours game and a 5 minutes barebone tech demo.

Got to agree with you here. Thankfully, from what I've read in the comments, the problems all seem fixable, so it won't be a loss this time.
Translations can always be improved, the writing in general as well, by fe. finding a writer or at least an editor, who can course correct if necessary, it would be worse if something was significantly wrong with the renders.
But in general, yeah I absolutely agree with you, find a middle ground for your first release, release early on, so that you can get invaluable feedback, but offer enough content that people actually have something to sink their teeth into, to give feedback about.

Another problem apart from criticism coming too late is that after you already put all this effort into your game, you will have a much harder time even accepting valid criticism at all after you already invested so much time and effort into the game as it is.

[VN] [Ren'Py] Summer Crush [v0.1] [Wet n' Juicy Games] [UQ, MyRepack-YAC]

Original size: 8GB :WutFace:
Repack size: 761MB :PogChamp:

Thanks for that, honestly, after reading through the comments and the description (which definitely used the word "The" a few times too often :) ), I wouldn't have downloaded this one at 8 gigs.

Last edited:

botc76

The Crawling Chaos, Bringer of Strange Joy
Donor
Oct 23, 2016
v0.1
  • Over 4500 Full HD renders
  • Episodes 1-4
  • 6-8 hours of gameplay
  • Over 100 animations
  • Special renders
  • Music and sound effects
:unsure: I'm reading two completely opposing statements here, one from the Dev and one from...somebody?
I wonder who is a POS and which one is...umm...the Dev :ROFLMAO:

I have some cream ;) for your face after you guys facepalm yourself.

Or maybe the real POS is the one calling someone a POS just because that person dared to criticize a game?
I could understand the dev overreacting like this (and even then it wouldn't be a great reaction), after all it is his work, he put his energy and time into it, but just to be a white-knight? WTF?
You could have made your point perfectly fine, without actually insulting the guy. And your point has some value to it, after all, you don't produce that much content as a quick cash crab and calling it sloppy is probably the wrong term to use, all things considered.
However, Hahn81's comment isn't just a needless attack on the dev as well.
When your first release is 8 gigs, you've done something wrong; in this case the wrong file format, fucking compress those images. There are people who won't go and download that much, without knowing if it is in any way worth it.
And while it might not be sloppy, releasing a game with a bad English translation is careless. After all, you release it in English to reach a bigger audience, you spend the time and effort to create 4500 renders and hours of gameplay and yet you couldn't spend more time on the translation or finding someone to do it for you or at least help you, for something that's so important in a novel? Can you argue that this wasn't a wrong decision?

I understand the gut reaction to want to defend something you like, or even just sympathize with someone who worked so hard on his project, but people like you, who react on autopilot to any form of criticism, you aren't really helping the devs, because you cause resentment and clutter up the thread with useless arguments.

damien_sensei

May 24, 2018
I was really looking forward to playing this since it seemed like a promising new release, but i just ended up skipping after some time trying to read and make sense of the game. This game badly needs a writer not just a proofreader, it seemed like i was playing a bunch of different MC's all clumped into one and the romance and chemistry with the LI's is practically non existent. The sex scenes just exist and sometimes the placement of these scenes makes no sense. And the whole MC blacking out and not remembering things could have been done better in a not so annoying/frustrating way and the MC comes across as a prick going by his internal monologue. This game requires a hard revision of script to make up for the amount of renders it has in a first release.

Me-ta-Xa

Oct 27, 2022
I was really looking forward to playing this since it seemed like a promising new release, but i just ended up skipping after some time trying to read and make sense of the game. This game badly needs a writer not just a proofreader, it seemed like i was playing a bunch of different MC's all clumped into one and the romance and chemistry with the LI's is practically non existent. The sex scenes just exist and sometimes the placement of these scenes makes no sense. And the whole MC blacking out and not remembering things could have been done better in a not so annoying/frustrating way and the MC comes across as a prick going by his internal monologue. This game requires a hard revision of script to make up for the amount of renders it has in a first release.
Pretty much this!
I could not relate to anything going on in this game.
It goes from left to right and back in a few scenes in no time...making no sense at all.
Just deleted the whole thing after about 15 minutes "game" time.
Sorry dev but this lacks a bunch of logic....renders are ok...the one animation I saw was good....but the characters and the way they interact is just too weird for me.

3.40 star(s) 18 Votes