VN - Ren'Py - Summer Heat [v0.6] [Naughty Fox Games]

1. 5.00 star(s)

DirtyMario

Rating v0.4.1 of the game

Usually I don't like rating games this early in the development cycle but I feel like this one deserves a little push so more people can see and enjoy it.

Models, backgrounds and overall graphical presentation is outstanding. The developer has a very firm grip of DAZ, the facial expressions and poses are extremely well done without feeling too stilted like many other AVNs. I assume that during the course of this game he will improve even further as there are already big improvements to be seen between the earlier and later chapters.
    Animations still need a bit of work but I appreciate that they exist and they are servicable.
    The MC is faceless in this one, which is a thing that I appreciate, but it can cause problems down the line. You just can't pose certain actions without the character having a head.

The UI looks great, bit of a departure from the standard Ren'Py formula but still recognizable.

Early on in the game you get a warning that you can't roll back certain decisions and you should take that seriously. You could still save edit to remove the variables but in gameplay terms you just can't walk back some choices once you've made them, which is a very interesting mechanic that I haven't seen widely used in Ren'Py AVNs yet. It's introduced like you would in a real video game, with some low stakes choices that show you the process. Great design.

The girls all look amazing without exception (okay well, maybe one exception). Fans of the itty bitty titty commitee may struggle a bit though.
    They are all very charming in their own way, have their own personalities and believable agendas and the writing is well above average. No chinglish or typos that I would've come across yet.

As obvious by the tags, this is very much not a harem game and right now it looks like most of the girls are mutually exclusive. Throughout the game it's really hard to decide who to go for. When this is further along I assume it will be save game galore for me but I don't mind that.

There's a certain girl that seems very jealous and protective of you right from the start and the way that this is shown is nothing short of impressive. She just shoots you a little look from time to time after you talk to another girl and you instanly know you've fucked up again. And again. And so on. :BootyTime: Genius presentation that wouldn't be possible if the devs grip on facial expression wasn't that great.

Can't say a lot about the update schedule yet as this is the first version I've played but there is already a good hour+ of playtime. No major amount of sexy time yet but lots of teasing, and I like slow burners that build up their characters in a realistic manner.

I'll be keeping an eye on this for sure and I recommend everyone to do so too and support the dev if you happen to like what you see. This could be big.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

Lokus03

The renders and animations in this game are top notch, the story so far isn't bad either. I will definitely keep this one on the radar going forward, the girls are all really sexy. Great job so far Naughty Fox Games.
  3. 5.00 star(s)

Sdorica_papi

Incredible quality. Renders, textures, hair, skin, environment, sound all great quality work. Animations in the latest chapter are not the best I've seen, but still good. Definitely a top 5 game for me personally.
  4. 5.00 star(s)

Ophidians

Definitely one of the best AVNs currently in development IMO, has great characters, good writing and a good, albeit lighthearted, story (so far). Highly recommend this game to anyone especially those newer to AVNs or those who enjoy romance
  5. 5.00 star(s)

StingerWolf

This one is a really unique game. Next to top notch renders, it has a very special atmosphere, a bit foreboding, but that makes it interesting. Every scene has depth, it is remarkable how characters can talk just with their eyes. That is one of the reason not to use the skip button, since the scenes themselves are never stale, with every click one of the characters has a reaction to the MCs words or action. There is almost always background interaction if there is more than one character in the scene, it is really nuanced and I like it very much.
    My only concern is the games story, which will naturally lose it's mysterious vibe if more cards are on the table. Hard to keep things interesting after some major reveals.
    Only the best devs can keep such an atmosphere alive, I hope everything goes well in this regard. Let's hope for the best. So far this one is AAA material for sure. It all depends on how the story will unfold, I will update my review once there is more progress.
  6. 5.00 star(s)

bebiho

Summer Heat is one of the most promising games on this site. It really has it all, it lacks content because it's early in development. I have no doubt it will be one of the best games on this site a while from now.

+ Humor
    + Good sound
    + Visuals
    + Dialogues
    + Characters (personality and attractiveness)
  7. 5.00 star(s)

TommyV23

Holy shit, i guess i have a new favourite game. The renders, the hot Girls and the atmosphere of the game in general is amazing.Much love for this game. I hope there will be many more updates and i think i will also support the project on Patreon.

PS: Sophie is best Girl Imo :love:
  8. 5.00 star(s)

bgbgbgbgbgdefrgbdfrve

Great set up. witty banter. hot characters. natural feeling UI. Story progression feels natural as well. While a horny game its not an outright fuck fest so far, but each sexual interaction feels earnt and properly built up to.
  9. 5.00 star(s)

notakernelguy

What happens if you bring along two craftsmen who know what they are doing? You get a good fucking quality product.
    I can't find any area that is lacking in this game.
    The artist is doing a fantastic job as well as the writer.
    I feel invested with characters and want to know more about them, and not only girls but also about Mr Miller:LOL:
    Static renders and animations are one of the best if not the best that I've seen so far.

This game deserves so much support.
    Keep up, devs. You are doing fantastic jobs.
    Follow your vision and don't burn out please.

And lastly, can we all just agree that Sophie is the best AVN girl all time?:love:
  10. 5.00 star(s)

yossa999

I've been following this game since the chapter 2 was released, and the only thing that kept me from writing a review is that I've already seen so many projects that had high promises from the very beginning and then eventually ended up being abandoned or extremely slowed down.
    I'm so happy that's not the case for this game and it's gotten even better with the recent update even though it was next to impossible because it was great from the start.
    You'll find here an awesome and extremely likeable female characters, dialogues that sound very natural, lots of banter, flirting and fun between the characters, and a lot of nice little things such as a poses, looks, facial expressions of girls that makes them very plausible. And of course they have their secrets you have to reveal.
    Without a doubt, Summer Heat deserves to be at the top of the chart among the well-known and mature projects here.
  11. 5.00 star(s)

vivaloveyou

I must say, this new game brought me a big surprise, the model, plot, rendering are very good, there are certainly a lot of cute girls, but in fact, compared to the young girls, deeply attracted me is that there are two MILF, Hill and Cassandra is really too sexy:love:! I will keep a very high regard for this game!
  12. 5.00 star(s)

ryansFLYIN

A Very Wholesome Game

Dialogue seems very formal, but once you understand the wholesome factor, it feels more sweet than awkward.
    The renders are amazing, and there are a lot of renders per line of dialogue. A lot of conversations have a different render per line or two.
    Girls look amazing, ESPECIALLY Helen. True goddess!!
    Hoping Bree and Sophie are a package deal, or have the ability to be.
    Not a long game for four updates, but those 4 updates have all been within 2022, so not bad for the length of time, especially for the amount of renders in the game.
    Doesn't seem like a lot of branching, in a good way. Feels like its going to be either Mia or everyone else in the end, but it's still too early to really say.
  13. 5.00 star(s)

lathiel

Wow a new VN with characters that actually speak like people. Poses without the usual jank (especially around the face) that I know you're all used to. Main character isn't an annoying prick like most games. Story progression, intrigue, very good.

10/10
  14. 3.00 star(s)

PrivilegedCholo

UNBIASED SUMMER HEAT REVIEW

-Pros :BootyTime:
    -As of Chapter 5. Its no question, this game has currently the BEST renders of the entirety of AVNs. Unless you're talking about style and medium then that's a whole other debate.

-Love the slow burn and tease. It legitimately feels like an actual progress to a reward that isn't blue balling too. The right balance of teasing and receiving.

-Many side chicks and full of potential bust material.

-Phone dialogue is fun and isn't gonna throw your entire gameplan off like BADIK's style where one choice can get you totally fucked.

-Milfs nuff said...

-CONS:FacePalm:
    -updates
    should still be a little more beefy but I am rectifying this review because considering the quality we are getting prehaps the is the best that Northpx can deliver. Chapter 5 was nice to play and im being more lenient on this.

-Phones are still buggy during free roam because it resets the entire phone progress if as so much so as reload a save point even after finishing some convos.

As Chapter 6 is upon us, it took from Oct of last year to end of Aug of 2024 to develop despite the promise of delivering on faster update cycles with less content. Yet this time its less content and just as long of a wait. This honestly doesn't reflect well on the state of development the devs claim to be in.

Why bother with a survey again when its an empty promise once more. Dropping this review by one star which is a damn shame but Its a big flaw of this game.

3 / 5
  15. 4.00 star(s)

Kinky Bully

Summer Heat [v0.4]

I am very impressed with the quality of the game. I would give it a 5-star. But when I look back, there are some issues.

PROS:

• Amazing Renders
    • Top tier-looking Models
    • Very likable characters
    • Good game Mechanics
    • Smooth Animations
    Between Good & Bad:
    • The writing (It’s honestly not very praiseworthy)
    • The dialogues (They are short)
    • The sound effect and music (Are fine)
    • The story (It’s nothing exceptional)
    Cons:
    • The amount of content
    • Updates are short
  16. 5.00 star(s)

Anmesia

Great characters, great mystery, great renders. This game is a gem on the making for sure, totally recommend it and really excited about what the devs come up with in terms of spicy situations and new characters. A lot of potential here.
  17. 5.00 star(s)

CHAD-MAN

Just dropping my 5-star rating because the game deserves every support it can get. More devs should take notice on what makes this genre good, and Summer Heat is one of the best examples.

About the GRAPHICS and renders, including posing and quality, simply put, they are top-notch, and once you're looking at them you'll realise what I mean. The STORY is a bit on a prologue sequence but the characters feel like they have their own personality and ambitions, all in just four somewhat short updates, which says a lot. I want more and understand where the plotline will go wrong (the horror tag is intriguing). The phone application needs some improvements but for not it doesn't really matter all that much.

The only negative part that makes admit it might not be a true 5-star rating right now, is how quick and short the updates feel. But that's also because the game is so well made that you constantly want more of it. But considering the amount of content and the quality it provides, it weights around that rating, and with more updates it will be easily considered as one of the best produced AVNs around.

All and all, support it and make it bigger. It won't disappoint in the long -run, I am sure. It is a bit short right now, but very worth your time... not many games can say that.
  18. 5.00 star(s)

ParadoxicalMode

amazing renders, solid writing and believable characters. currently not a huge amount of content but what is here rivals the best in the genre. given time this game will be one of a kind and worth its weight in gold.
  19. 5.00 star(s)

akenedy

Might be a bit early to judge but what's there is surprisingly good considering the very simple premise and story.

The main draw of the game is the visuals which are very appealing with well-structured scenes including intimate ones and the dialogue which is also well-written and interesting with a natural feel to character interactions. The story as mentioned before has a very simple plot with a bunch of teenagers' summer camp gone off plan and a small group ending up together with a bit of mystery thrown in there, nothing out of this world but the characters and dialogue are key in this game.

So in short, the game at this moment already has enough content and it shows what it's all about from the very beginning so if you are interested and reading this might as well check it out, it's pretty good.
  20. 5.00 star(s)

Shine202

Very great game with lots of potential to become one of the best games here :cool:
    Story is nice, it has a different approach to getting the MC with a bunch of girls. The point and click part is very simple.:D
    It has nice renders and some of the best looking models - The eyes, chico ...