VN Ren'Py Summer In The City [v0.13] [FlipDaShit]

4.60 star(s) 7 Votes

rachel12

Nov 18, 2018
I enjoyed you initial post, models, story, graphics all good. Again, enjoyed the classic college professor seducing her student. I can go on, but fantastic start!

Oct 22, 2017
Summer is not on the approved Icelandic name list. So she probably is not Icelandic.
Didn't think of those lists - so definitely fiction then. :)

That is an interesting topic though - with more and more of these 'American' names being in the news, first I always wondered why they used all these un-namey day-to-day words instead of 'real' names.

But then, all our 'real' names today have a day-to-day meaning, even if forgotten, or at least had it before they morphed in various ways because of language changes and foreign adaptations.

Today, you can look up the meaning of a name, but I feel like a lot of people don't bother with that and just choose what they think sounds nice or cool or even has a sound/spelling helping their kids with other kids or even later in their career.

So in a 'weird' way, this practice of using random day-to-day words for names is very traditional compared to how today's 'real' names came into existence.

SpyderArachnid

Jul 31, 2017
Not too bad, was rather enjoyable. Just judging from this first version, but glad it's not a typical corruption slut simulator like most female protag games are. It's more wholesome and fun and the MC expanding her own horizons rather than being forced into it.

I see the points "bug" was already mentioned, but I used URM to bypass it. Prefer an all-female playthrough myself so kind of sucked that some of it was locked behind Felix. But as I said, I used URM, so was able to still get the Yun content without Felix.

Only issue I had was the point system. I was gaining points for no reason. Just regular thoughts or dialogue and all the sudden my points were going up. No choices to be made, I was just gaining points passively. Point system should be based on the choices you make, not just given to you randomly for no reason. Otherwise, it kind of negates the whole purpose of earning the points and makes them... well... pointless lol.

But overall, nice game. I had fun. Looking forward to how this goes. Thanks, and best of luck with it. ;)

Sep 26, 2020
But then, all our 'real' names today have a day-to-day meaning, even if forgotten, or at least had it before they morphed in various ways because of language changes and foreign adaptations.
Wright, a person who makes things, e.g. Wainwright, a person who makes wains, meaning wagons or carts. Chandler, a person who equips boats. Cutler, a maker of knives, forks and spoons. Potter, a maker of pots. Smith, a maker of metal things. Barber, a cutter of hair. Fuller or Walker, someone who increases density of cloth. Tailor or Taylor, someone who turns cloth into useful things. Green, the shared grazing land in the middle of the village, thus the name of a family living by it. Brown, that guy with brown hair. White, that guy with pale hair. Wood, that guy who lives by the woods and/or works with wood. Forester, a guy who turns trees into wood. Carpenter, someone who turns wood into useful things. Quite a lot of English family names probably used to have "the" or "by the" before them, or are "son of" someone: Bob the Brown, son of Jack the Cutler, could become Bob Brown, Bob Jack's Son or Bob Cutler over time.

Reactions: damnedfrog

FlipDaShit

Shitballs Deluxe
Game Developer
Oct 4, 2022
Feedback: I don't like how the choices and stats work in this game currently. Generally I do appreciate when there are choices and the player gets to decide how MC behaves, but I feel like there are a few pitfalls in this current system, deep dive:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Not too bad, was rather enjoyable. Just judging from this first version, but glad it's not a typical corruption slut simulator like most female protag games are. It's more wholesome and fun and the MC expanding her own horizons rather than being forced into it.

I see the points "bug" was already mentioned, but I used URM to bypass it. Prefer an all-female playthrough myself so kind of sucked that some of it was locked behind Felix. But as I said, I used URM, so was able to still get the Yun content without Felix.

Only issue I had was the point system. I was gaining points for no reason. Just regular thoughts or dialogue and all the sudden my points were going up. No choices to be made, I was just gaining points passively. Point system should be based on the choices you make, not just given to you randomly for no reason. Otherwise, it kind of negates the whole purpose of earning the points and makes them... well... pointless lol.

But overall, nice game. I had fun. Looking forward to how this goes. Thanks, and best of luck with it. ;)
Hey, thanks for taking the time to give some feedback, much appreciated!

So I just created a build where I disabled the score/stats system altogether. And frankly, it does play much better. Having full control of which path you want to take without worrying about giving the "wrong" answers for one character locking you out of content for another improves the gameplay substantially. I thought the stats could have been a fun gimmick that elevate the experience but in the end they basically make things unnecessarily complicated.

I'll keep fiddling around for bit but I'm pretty sure I'll throw the score system out of the window and upload a patched version this weekend.

Edit: spelling

Kadajko

Oct 28, 2021

So I just created a build where I disabled the score/stats system altogether. And frankly, it does play much better. Having full control of which path you want to take without worrying about giving the "wrong" answers for one character locking you out of content for another improves the gameplay substantially. I thought the stats could have been a fun gimmick that elevate the experience but in the end they basically make things unnecessarily complicated.

I'll keep fiddiling around for bit but I'm pretty sure I'll throw the score system out of the window and upload a patched version this weekend.
Sounds good, however I would still keep some kind of hidden point system specifically for characters, because here is a situation that arises out of removing all the stats completely that will make the game make no sense sometimes: I ignore Felix 3 times in a row completely but then can willy nilly get super sexual with him on the fourth time, it is a bit inconsistent that you can pick up the content at whatever point while in the past not showing any interest in that character what so ever. The stat system was not great, however it did mildly gate you from making progressively more sexual choices if you haven't started going down that path earlier. In the case of Felix basically the first 3 choices are completely meaningless of whether you smile or ignore / do the upskirt, because as soon as he approaches you, you can just go full on sexual straight away, and why would he approach at all if you've ignored him 3 times? Makes sense? Basically I think further content with characters should be gated behind showing interest in them with your choices.

Also what is your opinion on forced exhibitionism though? I am just of the opinion that MC should have sexual content and get naked for that matter only when prompted and with the characters that I am interested in. It is not cool to be forced to get naked with a character who is sexually attracted to MC if MC is not interested in them. MC's roommate who is sexually attracted to her trying to get her naked feels rapey if MC does not reciprocate any interest.

MixQQ

Sep 8, 2019
Tried this game and why do you even bother and put straight content in this game? it's rly poorly done and almost no exist. If you decided to do that you should do it properly. My advice is remove that content and focus fully on lesbian

Krystle Kris

Nov 16, 2019
The girl is super cute, but all these things like lighthearted story, embrace sexuality and "sexpositive", without drama and corruption, sound boring.
Just played it, and while it's sexpositivity, there's still quite a bit of kink in there. Just consensual kink.

I can't wait for more Cynthia stuff or more Teacher Yun stuff though. :p Maybe even get to be the model of a photoshoot wearing Yun's last getup she wore.

Reactions: Hungover00 and R1k0

Kazanovaromeo

Engaged Member
Jun 28, 2022

I'll keep fiddling around for bit but I'm pretty sure I'll throw the score system out of the window and upload a patched version this weekend.

Edit: spelling
OH, I was worried so much, to be forced to accept the boy to get enough points, what a relief, thank you very much FlipDaShit for this promising to be great game.:love: (y)my best wishes and good luck.

Last edited:

3DbPNuRHhpW

Jan 19, 2019
Some digging reveals that "Sumar" (meaning "summer", of course) was as a genderless name in 2023. So, Sumarsson and Sumarsdóttir will start to appear no later than the 2040s...</nerdout>

Reactions: free_hk
4.60 star(s) 7 Votes