VN Ren'Py Summer In The City [v0.13] [FlipDaShit]

4.60 star(s) 8 Votes

Krylo Zagato

May 23, 2019
Got a virus warning from this game. Downloaded Windows version from Pixeldrain. Then windows defender quarantined a file it called Trojan:Win32/Phonzy.B!ml. I deleted the game and ran a virus scan and my computer says I'm fine. I forgot to upload and check the file on a site to see if it was real or a false positive.

BYK370

Apr 29, 2020
Got a virus warning from this game. Downloaded Windows version from Pixeldrain. Then windows defender quarantined a file it called Trojan:Win32/Phonzy.B!ml. I deleted the game and ran a virus scan and my computer says I'm fine. I forgot to upload and check the file on a site to see if it was real or a false positive.
glad i'm not the only who

FlipDaShit

Shitballs Deluxe
Game Developer
Oct 4, 2022
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Thanks for the heads up.

I just looked into it a bit and it seems these false positives are caused by the custom desktop icons I created for the game, among other things that are not as clear. This is really unfortunate but there's nothing I can do on my end besides removing the custom icons in the next update. This seems to be a Ren'Py issue. I'll keep digging in hope to find a solution.

Krylo Zagato

May 23, 2019

Thanks for the heads up.

I just looked into it a bit and it seems these false positives are caused by the custom desktop icons I created for the game, among other things that are not as clear. This is really unfortunate but there's nothing I can do on my end besides removing the custom icons in the next update. This seems to be a Ren'Py issue. I'll keep digging in hope to find a solution.
Ya, it's unfortunate but Windows often doesn't like Ren'Py and causes a lot of false positives. I looked up that specific name and according to a user on Reddit named rainrat posted this comment on many post about it (as it seems to be common) "Phonzy isn't the name of any specific malware. "!ml" means machine learning, which is a system at Microsoft that tries to identify features common to malware. It could be any kind of malware, could be a potentially unwanted program(ie. adware), could be a false positive."

FlipDaShit

Shitballs Deluxe
Game Developer
Oct 4, 2022
Ya, it's unfortunate but Windows often doesn't like Ren'Py and causes a lot of false positives. I looked up that specific name and according to a user on Reddit named rainrat posted this comment on many post about it (as it seems to be common) "Phonzy isn't the name of any specific malware. "!ml" means machine learning, which is a system at Microsoft that tries to identify features common to malware. It could be any kind of malware, could be a potentially unwanted program(ie. adware), could be a false positive."
Yeah, I've had my fair share of false positives too on games from other developers. The problem is that many people are not exactly tech savvy and will most likely be turned off by things like that which in turn has a real negative effect on the success of your game. When I read three consecutive posts about anti virus going off, I'd be worried too if I didn't know about false negatives. It's a shame this issue still persists. Anyway, thanks again for letting me and others know!

BabyYoda

Too cute I am
Mar 20, 2018

Thanks for the heads up.

Can you do a hotfix and remove it to us who want to try the game. I dont know with which frequency you release updates.

FlipDaShit

Shitballs Deluxe
Game Developer
Oct 4, 2022
Can you do a hotfix and remove it to us who want to try the game. I dont know with which frequency you release updates.
I'll take a look at it as soon as I'm back home tonight. You could play it by giving the game permission/exception in your anti virus app or in Windows Defender. But I also understand if you'd prefer not to though.

Reactions: afterlights

Hungover00

Apr 29, 2023
I'll take a look at it as soon as I'm back home tonight. You could play it by giving the game permission/exception in your anti virus app or in Windows Defender. But I also understand if you'd prefer not to though.
Yeah, in general I think asking to trust a file on a pirate site, no matter how legit the dev seems, is a tall order. Could be a third party messed with things between the original and f95, so trusting the false negative/fire alarm is the prudent choice. Not your fault, but it'll likely mean fewer downloads for you. I don't believe there are certificates for authenticity to check for each site someone might click on to download. Sometimes the Pixeldrain one might throw up a warning, next time it might be the Megafire or whatnot.

gunnarweibrink

Nov 4, 2023
I never had problems this kind with RenPy games...
Also this one is only released to F95zone, not the others - maybe of a reason?

I really look forward to try this, so please clean it up!

Udayana

Oct 19, 2021

Thanks for the heads up.

If it can help, my antivirus (VirusBarrier on Mac) doesn't find anything wrong with the game, which I've downloaded from Mega (the Windows version, since I run most games through Ren'Py SDK).

• Red Heart
Reactions: FlipDaShit

Krylo Zagato

May 23, 2019
Hotfix v0.12 now online! Download here

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Removed the custom desktop icon for now. Please let me know if your anti virus still flags the game as malicious on your system. Thanks in advance!
My Windows did not flag it for any viruses. I also scanned it with Malwarebytes just in case and it said it was fine too. Looks like it was those icons causing the false positive.

junkgkj

Apr 8, 2019
Very nice update for 0.12.
The dialogue modifications does smooth out the narrative a bit more if the lesbian path is chosen, making it better known that Summer has always been only into girls but has had trouble fully realizing and accepting it, and it now ready to dive head first into it!
I did notice it in how the dialogue with Cynthia goes as well with the middle options. I appreciate getting down to all the little details!

My second time through also made me really solidify that this group of characters are overall highly enjoyable, and that Lilly is one of my favourite characters in any VN I have played.
She's the perfect combination of goofy, naughty, cute, foul mouthed, sweet, adorable, etc. that makes a very likeable character.
Summer is also very enjoyable as a main character for much the same reasons.
I love the relationship between the two of them in all its aspects and am hungry for more.
Special mention to Yun too, very cute and I like her and Summer together a lot, especially in the role playing.

If you ever decide to open a funding method, I'm there.

Last edited:

feierflei

Protect pretty exhibitionists at all costs!
Game Developer
Jul 24, 2017
Oh, I like this. Looking forward to more!

we will watch your career.jpg

gunnarweibrink

Nov 4, 2023
Removed the custom desktop icon for now. Please let me know if your anti virus still flags the game as malicious on your system. Thanks in advance!
Windows says "no prob" and at VirusTotal ( ) only one solution sees a "AiDetect(ed)Malware, so it should be fine.
I'll give your young game a try... sounds really promising.
And many thank's for yours pretty fast hotfix!

Reactions: FlipDaShit
4.60 star(s) 8 Votes