Mod Ren'Py Summer Scent [v0.6.4a] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

4.30 star(s) 3 Votes

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
FYI: The VN will be running on newer RenPy and a ton of edits/changes are obvious as well. Due to the dev's rewrite of the Day1 code, there's no way previous saves from that day (modded or unmodded) are likely to load proper... it's completely redone with over 560 dialogue and coding changes. RenPy will likely get real pissy so I'll extend the rollback as far as logically possible just in case. The other days are average 100 dialogue/coding edits so I reckon those will be fine (modded or unmodded). This is going to be a bit of a nightmare to port over... the dev decided to get cute and write a semi-WT so I'll have to figure out an efficient way to allow the user to user either, neither, or both the OEM and SanchoMod's guides. This won't be easy but I made PinkCake's code work with SanchoMod so I reckon I can bend this one to my will as well.

By now you're likely wondering WTF I'm talking about... something new is coming soon...

Regards.

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Something wicked it coming....

Warning: Wall of text inbound... but with teaser pics of new features and explanations.

Okay, soon there will be a "reduex" (it's not really an update imho, but that's subjective) dropping soon and folks will be either confused or have a few questions at a minimum, hence this post.

First and foremost know that because the developer basically completely rewrote Day1, quite a bit of Day 2, and less so on thru Day 6 that loading your previous saves have a higher chance of success the later the in-game Day. In other words your attempts as loading an old Day 1 save are rather low (I've increased the rollback buffer to maximum for most PC's but even that won't fully resolve) but they increase to basically 100% by Day 6. This is regardless of whether the player was modded or unmodded.... this has nothing to do with SanchoMod but rather the extensive rewrite of the VN.

Next, with that said, the rewrite provides some developer new features that need to be addressed so folks understand what they are and how they work along with the new features of SanchoMod (I have teasers to assist). The new feature is what the dev calls "Lighthouse Mode" with has 3 components:
  • "Inklings" - in-game hints periodically during choices that popup as a small window with various hints
  • "Beacons" - a highlight in the choice that is best suited (according to the dev) for the path the player selects (out of 15 possible selections)
  • "Pathfinder" - a non-dynamic screen chart (it doesn't change, it's static) that gives basic "hints" of all the paths (as listed by the dev)
Here's some teasers to help explain the new OEM features noted above:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Now, obviously this was a lot to deal with on my end with the mod. My goal was to allow the player to use whatever combination of features they wished of course which meant I had to go the extra mile. You will have a minimum of four options:
  1. Use the new VN's Lighthouse Mode with any combination of it's features you wish
  2. Use SanchoMod's ChoiceGuide as you already know
  3. Use a combination of the VN's Lighthouse Mode (with any or all of it's features) along with SanchoMod's ChoiceGuide
  4. Use none of the above
This was no small feat to code... but I think I was quite successful in not only allowing all this to work, but allow you to make those option feature in real time anytime you want... you can't break it (I sincerely hope). But I went even further (you know me by now). All this also played a bit of havoc with the third-party iPatch and also SanchoMod's alt-character renaming (LI name changing).

This is one of my most proudest recodes in regards to this particular feature. It was a real bitch to get all of this to work in real time and dependably... no exaggeration. So, even though you'll get all of the latest features available in SanchoMod's newest Core v7, I'm giving you one of the best LI renaming coded features you'll find anywhere on the planet... so let's wrap this post off with those features and teasers to explain the depth (remember the new Lighthouse Mode feature above, you'll be seeing those screens again).

If you're accustomed to SanchoMod's Cheat screen of late then you are aware of the the renaming feature I place in it depending on the VN. In this case I went all out. The player can rename all three LI's and those name changes aren't just reflected in all the dialogue and SanchoStats, but in the dev's Lighthouse Mode features across the board as well (this was a challenge but it's done nonetheless). I really don't have to explain much since it works so well and is basically self-explanatory with the following teasers:

Post is long enough. I'm tired of typing it, need an adult beverage refill, and need to finalize the polish on the mod update. More details coming very soon. Regards.

Last edited:

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Update info: I'm going to compile it and bench test it. I've coded this heck out of it, polished it so much I'm having a hard time finding minute flaws. I even spit-shined it, apologized to it for spitting on it, and ordered flowers to be delivered to her pad.... err, not really but you get the point. This cake is baked and ready for icing and plating. Give me a bit (it's 2200 hours here currently), it should be much longer.

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
SanchoMod v7 Core Specific - Sancho's HotKeys:

Added all the latest HotKeys.
Alt+ArrowKeys for dialogue text size/opacity,
  • Alt+ArrowKeys (up/down adjust dia text size, left/right adjust diabox opacity, same as within SanchoOptions)
  • Lower-case "g" (toggles the ChoiceGuide On/Off)
  • Lower-case "m" (toggles the MiniStat On/Off)
  • Lower-case "s" (toggles the in-game SanchoStats window, not the MiniStat but the larger in-game stat screen)
  • Lower-case "q" (toggles the QuickMenu On/Off, retains the customized size/color you set in SanchoOptions)
  • Lower-case "o" (toggles SanchoOptions)
  • Lower-case "c" (toggles SanchoCheats)
  • Lower-case "x" (clears stuck notifications)
These work exactly as if you had clicked them in the MiniMenu or SanchoOptions, they just give you another way to do something faster or more conveniently. (Yes, I took the "s" key. Use shift+"s" or alt+"s" for screenshots)

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
SanchoMod v7 Core Specific - Generic post describing how the new QM HoverMode works in detail:

One of the new features (I know, it's minor but it's been requested more than a few times) is a QM hover mode. This one is coded pretty slick, since the QM is toggled in one of three ways: via the MiniMenu, SanchoOptions, or HotKey "q". Each one effects the QM differently so it was a bit tricky to code intuitively and correctly.
  • Via the MiniMenu only toggles the QM On/Off regardless of any current setting (regardless of On/Off/Hover).
  • Via SanchoOptions and you get everything in one place to tweak the QM (teaser below).
  • Via HotKey "q" cycles through the QM stages (On/Off/Hover).
  • All three above populate an associated SanchoNotifications (the upper-left notification flag) to let you know what mode QM is in.
I made it so if the player has the HoverMode enabled that the QM is shown with SanchoOptions screen open so you can actually see the QuickMenu while adjusting parameters. Once the player is done adjusting it, if the HoverMode is still active then when SanchoOptions is closed the QM goes back into its HoverMode state (hidden until the player mouses over a specified target area). HoverMode is automatically reset to Off if the QM is disabled (so it remains intuitive to use). It's setting is saved on a per save file basis (as with most SanchoOptions I do my best not to never fuck with your persistent file). The default when starting the VN or within either Gallery is QM ON mode (non-hover mode).

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
SanchoMod Update (v0.6.2R)

Go get you some.

Links in OP and FAQ are updated accordingly.

Changlelog:
  • New feature - Updated to Core v7a
  • New feature - QM HoverMode. Additional QuickMenu customization found in SanchoOptions and can also be toggled with the appropriate HotKey "q". Described in detail in a post in the mod's thread here.
  • Updated feature - Updated SanchoCheats according to latest Core.
  • Updated feature - Improved the ChoiceGuide to be more uniform and informative.
  • Updated feature - Added all the latest HotKeys. Alt+ArrowKeys for dialogue text size/opacity, Lower-case "g" for ChoiceGuide, Lower-case "m" for MiniStat, Lower-case "q" for QuickMenu, Lower-case "s" for medium SanchoStat, Lower-case "o" for SanchoOptions, Lower-case "c" for SanchoCheats. These work exactly as if you had clicked them in the MiniMenu or SanchoOptions, they just give you another way to do something faster or more conveniently. (Yes, I took the "s" key. Use shift+"s" or alt+"s" for screenshots). List of all HotKeys can be found in post here.
  • Updated feature - Massively recoded alt-character renaming of all 3 LI's. Described in detail in a post in the mod's thread here.
  • So many minor tweaks I can't even begin to log them all (really).
If you enjoy my work once you've had time to check it out, consider leaving a vote and/or review so others might benefit from your experience. Positive or negative, all civil forms of rational criticism are welcomed and appreciated. Your feedback matters. Regards.

Last edited:

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Game Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
Well, I'm 10 minutes in (actually reading instead of tabbing), this seems like an entirely different game (granted has been a bit since I've last played). Even with the Lighthouse I think without the mod I'd still be missing some stuff here and there.

It's a shame a lot of folks won't get to experience the update due to the new promotion system in place. Not sure it will make it back to the latest update page. I think if folks knew about it (there undoubtably people who didn't, look at us lol) would enjoy coming back to it, they would be presently surprised if they hadn't played this version yet.

Reactions: Sancho1969

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Well, I'm 10 minutes in (actually reading instead of tabbing), this seems like an entirely different game (granted has been a bit since I've last played). Even with the Lighthouse I think without the mod I'd still be missing some stuff here and there.

It's a shame a lot of folks won't get to experience the update due to the new promotion system in place. Not sure it will make it back to the latest update page. I think if folks knew about it (there undoubtably people who didn't, look at us lol) would enjoy coming back to it, they would be presently surprised if they hadn't played this version yet.
Agreed. Although it was a major PITA to update the mod to, this update is better for the initial early days (Day1/Day2) experience. Me taking time to allow the player to use a mixture of the VN's new features and SanchoMod's new features should greatly benefit the user experience as well... they simply can use whatever mix they want at anytime on the fly. Me saying that, if the dev overhauls this again I might go insane :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: Elhemeer

satirious

Mar 15, 2021

You're right, I wouldn't know about it if Sancho1969 had not posted a profile message that can be seen on the lower right of the main page.

Having a SanchoMod for this was almost enough to tempt to play it again. Then I remembered the dev is far more interested in forcing *GOTCHA SUCKER* traps than he is in creating what very early on looked to be a really interesting story.

Knowing this is getting the Sancho treatment, I may give it a run once it is complete and we know what the secret, double secret and super double secret paths actually are. Until then, I don't trust the dev to be doing anything other than what he has been doing.

Reactions: hawk784563

CamaroFan432

Mar 13, 2020
Well, I tried it to play with the SanchoMod and the Lighthouse thingy activated, but got a ton of errors from day 2 onwards. Always on the choices, that were supposed to be highlighted. After deleting the folder and using a fresh extraction only with the IPatch, everything worked fine, that's why I know, that the SanchoMod and the Lighthouse thingy seem to be incompatible for now. Unfortunatly I deleted the the textfile for the errors, but it was something along the lines of "__getitem__" or so.

Reactions: hawk784563

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Well, I tried it to play with the SanchoMod and the Lighthouse thingy activated, but got a ton of errors from day 2 onwards. Always on the choices, that were supposed to be highlighted. After deleting the folder and using a fresh extraction only with the IPatch, everything worked fine, that's why I know, that the SanchoMod and the Lighthouse thingy seem to be incompatible for now. Unfortunatly I deleted the the textfile for the errors, but it was something along the lines of "__getitem__" or so.
Good morning. Well, since you don't have the traceback files, if you ever get bored then try installing the mod inside a fresh/new installation of the VN. I've tested it on 5 bench units and there's over 1k DL's of the mod this morning so I'm thinking something was borked on your end. The traceback will confirm what the issue truly is though. After breakfast I'll grab another laptop from downstairs for a 6th testing unit and do some speedruns starting from scratch to see if I find what you mention in the meantime... for science.

CamaroFan432

Mar 13, 2020
Good morning. Well, since you don't have the traceback files, if you ever get bored then try installing the mod inside a fresh/new installation of the VN. I've tested it on 5 bench units and there's over 1k DL's of the mod this morning so I'm thinking something was borked on your end. The traceback will confirm what the issue truly is though. After breakfast I'll grab another laptop from downstairs for a 6th testing unit and do some speedruns starting from scratch to see if I find what you mention in the meantime... for science.
Fresh start and fresh files of everything, just half an hour old. But later try to replicate the errors and let you know.

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Fresh start and fresh files of everything, just half an hour old. But later try to replicate the errors and let you know.
Well, I just installed the compressed VN and the mod on a lappy that has never had a RenPy game on it ever, and just ran 4 completely different speedruns through the end of Day3 and can't replicate your issue. I did find a few minor ChoiceGuide items that needed some polish so I'll continue to see if I find more and make a "non-critical" maintenance update sometime today regardless. So, at a minimum you got me to find some areas that needed touchup. Maybe it's one particular choice order you had that makes it bork... more info would be needed though to confirm.

CamaroFan432

Mar 13, 2020
So, I just downloaded your Mod again, started a fresh game and made the same choices all over again, mainly for the Eve Sub path, but now got no errors.
That being said, I was able to recover the already deleted files including the traceback.txt.
I don't know what type of problem it was, I hope it gives you some info, even if the problem doesn't show up anymore.

IMNC

Sep 3, 2019
New Note: A custom iPatch (correctly written) is already included. No other patch is required.
New: Toggled iPatch ( you must install the patch from the VN's OP for this to function, otherwise it's disabled )

Which is it?

Reactions: Sancho1969

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
New Note: A custom iPatch (correctly written) is already included. No other patch is required.
New: Toggled iPatch ( you must install the patch from the VN's OP for this to function, otherwise it's disabled )

Which is it?
OP corrected... do NOT install another patch (it will override the one included and the patch in the VN's OP has some broken items in it, the one in SanchoMod is 100% correct coding). Thanks for seeing this, I didn't look at the feature list last night when I updated the OP post. Regards.

Reactions: IMNC

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
So, I just downloaded your Mod again, started a fresh game and made the same choices all over again, mainly for the Eve Sub path, but now got no errors.
That being said, I was able to recover the already deleted files including the traceback.txt.
I don't know what type of problem it was, I hope it gives you some info, even if the problem doesn't show up anymore.
It may be because you loaded an old save before? Starting a fresh game is how I bench tested (all my bench units are cleaned of all RenPy after the testing is complete, so I don't load old saves when final testing, only during my coding on the main system).

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
game keeps having errors every time I gain an achievement View attachment 2402046
Apologies, the dev is now using the fucking achievement descriptions (e.g. "Why is it already... Erect?") instead of the dictionary keys like it had always been before (e.g. "ach0004") to fire off notifications. This is very odd coding to do it this way but whatever.

Until I get a maintenance update pushed out to correct it, download the attached and install as noted:
  1. Unzip the file
  2. Copy the two files contained in the zip inside the "/game" directory/folder
  3. Done
Edit: New patch file attached. This should sort the Pathfinder issue some folks were having as well.
Hotfix file removed. It's no longer required as the fixes are embedded in the full mod maintenance update.

Last edited:
4.30 star(s) 3 Votes