Mod Ren'Py Summer Scent [v0.6.4a] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

4.30 star(s) 3 Votes

Jimayo

Jan 1, 2018
1) You don't have the mod installed (otherwise it would be v0.6.2 code).
That's really weird given this is a screenshot of the title of the game from which the traceback file came:

01.jpg

And as you can see from the folder right above the main screen it's supposed to be summer scent .6.2

As well, from the log file:

Mon Jul 25 05:08:59 2022
Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606

Jimayo

Jan 1, 2018
Know what? Doesn't matter now. I reinstalled the mod opened up my save file from right before the error and didn't get the error this time.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Know what? Doesn't matter now. I reinstalled the mod opened up my save file from right before the error and didn't get the error this time.
I bet I know what happened then. You installed the v0.6.1 of the mod by mistake. Anyway, the traceback you attached shows you running v0.6.1 of some nature:
Code:
Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Summer Scent 0.6.1  <--------
Sun Jul 24 16:58:33 2022
You likely installed the correct mod version and everything got sorted. Best guess on my first cup of coffee anyway. Glad you got it done and please enjoy.

Jimayo

Jan 1, 2018
I bet I know what happened then. You installed the v0.6.1 of the mod by mistake. Anyway, the traceback you attached shows you running v0.6.1 of some nature:
Code:
Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
You likely installed the correct mod version and everything got sorted. Best guess on my first cup of coffee anyway. Glad you got it done and please enjoy.
Oh I did. Your mods great and sending me right down the path I want to be on.

Reactions: Sancho1969

Mezlern

Jan 30, 2022
So, I installed the mod, put it under the game folder and then booted up SS. Only for the mod to not show up whatsoever. Am I doing something wrong and, if so, what?

EvilChef

Sep 23, 2016
So, I installed the mod, put it under the game folder and then booted up SS. Only for the mod to not show up whatsoever. Am I doing something wrong and, if so, what?
Well, does it look similar to this?
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Reason i ask is cause if u Unren'd it before the mod installed the Unren'd files will take precedent.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
SanchoMod Update (non-critical)

Changelog:

• Resolved - Player having (Ep2SisAbused) could improperly select "I'll try to be nice to her." in Day4. Corrected menu choice in that case is now as follows:
    You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Simply re-download the mod and reinstall over existing installation overwriting as requested.

Regards.

Last edited:

konstant61

May 3, 2017
I don't know why, but the game with the built-in mod closes at the start....

P.S mod is very complex and unstable... too many bells and whistles that are completely unnecessary...

Last edited:

Jpr73

Dec 8, 2019
Code:
Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
1) You don't have the mod installed (otherwise it would be v0.6.2 code).
2) You are not playing v0.6.2, you're playing v0.6.1
3) I have no idea what your total installation is or what you've done.

Provide more info on what you've done and what you're trying to do.
This Mod is great and works very well if installed at the same time as the game, but then it forbids to run a 'UNREN.bat' to decompile '.rpa' and 'rpyc', otherwise it will not work anymore. So there is no possibility to translate the game into another language (French). It's a pity, especially since it worked very well with the 'SanchoMod' version for Summer Scent v0.6.1. Is this intentional on Sancho's part to prevent the 'SanchoMod SummerScent062.rpy' file from being modified or is it just a 'bug'?

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
...mod is very complex and unstable... too many bells and whistles that are completely unnecessary...
Good morning,

This statement kind of pissed me off tbh but I took a breath and thought I'd address it thoroughly and respectfully as you appear to have written this statement out of lack of understanding or proof... or both.

My code is the most stable you'll likely to ever use, and yes it's complex and it's all professionally coded but most find it very intuitive and every feature of the mod in addition to it's debut features are due to direct request of thousands of users over the course of time. I even work with many VN developers directly to answer their questions and help them elevate the coding knowledge on a regular basis.

So, what have you found that's "unstable"? There's never been an instability issue reported to SanchoMod ever. Minor bugs have been found in various VN's, sure, no one's 100% perfect but they are extremely infrequent and resolved immediately. I take the end-user experience extremely seriously, there would be no point of me releasing any of my work publicly otherwise.

As for features that are "completely unnecessary" realize that everything, absolutely everything can be toggled On/Off. Most features are not on by default but you're free to choose only those you wish to have available. That's the beauty that the mod offers... complete freedom of choice. If you turn everything Off then the only thing available is the MiniMenu at the bottom-right corner while playing... that's it, nothing else. So, if you find anything "unnecessary" then simply turn it Off. It's that easy bud.

Install as instructed and it will work 100% as the mod has for well over tens of thousands of other folks that have it installed. Any other shenanigans you do on your own otherwise are on you, not on me to be frank and perfectly honest.

Regards.

Last edited:

konstant61

May 3, 2017
I do game translations,and when your mod is unpacked,it doesn't work... and it doesn't make any sense... for starters, replace at least the fonts with Unicode fonts... then you don't have to unpack your mod... sometimes I have to build the game for an earlier version of renpy,then your mod doesn't work...

Jpr73

Dec 8, 2019
Good morning,

This statement kind of pissed me off tbh but I took a breath and thought I'd address it thoroughly and respectfully as you appear to have written this statement out of lack of understanding or proof... or both.

My code is the most stable you'll likely to ever use, and yes it's complex and it's all professionally coded but most find it very intuitive and every feature of the mod in addition to it's debut features are due to direct request of thousands of users over the course of time. I even work with many VN developers directly to answer their questions and help them elevate the coding knowledge on a regular basis.

So, what have you found that's "unstable"? There's never been an instability issue reported to SanchoMod ever. Minor bugs have been found in various VN's, sure, no one's 100% perfect but they are extremely infrequent and resolved immediately. I take the end-user experience extremely seriously, there would be no point of me releasing any of my work publicly otherwise.

As for features that are "completely unnecessary" realize that everything, absolutely everything can be toggled On/Off. Most features are not on by default but you're free to choose only those you wish to have available. That's the beauty that the mod offers... complete freedom of choice. If you turn everything Off then the only thing available is the MiniMenu at the bottom-right corner while playing... that's it, nothing else. So, if you find anything "unnecessary" then simply turn it Off. It's that easy bud.

Install as instructed and it will work 100% as the mod has for well over tens of thousands of other folks that have it installed. Any other shenanigans you do on your own otherwise are on you, not on me to be frank and perfectly honest.

Regards.

"" konstant61 said:

Install as instructed and it will work 100% as the mod has for well over tens of thousands of other folks that have it installed. Any other shenanigans you do on your own otherwise are on you, not on me to be frank and perfectly honest. ""

I confirm what 'konstant61' says: I have the same problem and I think I explained why in my previous message!
The mod works perfectly in English, but it doesn't allow any decompilation, and therefore doesn't allow to translate the game in another language, which is a pity because, as far as I'm concerned, I liked it a lot!
I am afraid that the same problem will occur on other games with future updates and for which I used this Mod.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
"" konstant61 said:

Install as instructed and it will work 100% as the mod has for well over tens of thousands of other folks that have it installed. Any other shenanigans you do on your own otherwise are on you, not on me to be frank and perfectly honest. ""

I confirm what 'konstant61' says: I have the same problem and I think I explained why in my previous message!
The mod works perfectly in English, but it doesn't allow any decompilation, and therefore doesn't allow to translate the game in another language, which is a pity because, as far as I'm concerned, I liked it a lot!
I am afraid that the same problem will occur on other games with future updates and for which I used this Mod.
Of course anything can be translated. I condone using separate filtering code rather than the noviced "hack and rewrite all scripting dialogue" tbh. Using filter code doesn't require decompiling anything and works across the board, but obviously requires coding knowledge to write. As an example a Ukrainian user listened and translated another VN I mod and I finished it by translating the mod itself. With the "hack and rewrite all the scripting dialogue" method most of you are attempting think about this for a bit as you are clearly missing steps of the programming process: if you pull an engine out of a car to rebuild it then you must put it back for it to run, right?

konstant61

May 3, 2017
due to problems with the study of foreign languages, I have to use autotranslator, the best of them works up to renpy 7.3.5 and then the problems begin... Translator3000 brakes a lot...

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
due to problems with the study of foreign languages, I have to use autotranslator, the best of them works up to renpy 7.3.5 and then the problems begin... Translator3000 brakes a lot...
OK, not the proper "filtering" method but rather using the latter I spoke about in my previous post but it's still doable, just more steps involved. So, now after you've done that portion of completely rewriting all the dialogue script, think. You pulled the engine out of the car, you've rebuilt it (although not by my recommended method), now you must put the engine back in the car. 99.9% of folks are failing to perform this final step.

You have been polite so I'll throw you a bone. If you can't figure out the above then give me the your translated "script" folder (days 1-6) and I'll do it for you. Fair enough?

konstant61

May 3, 2017
the biggest problem is made by your script in the SanchoMod folder, where all the mod settings for the game are registered.... and of course the fonts... because of this you have to unpack the mod and it is not always possible to pack it back....

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
the biggest problem is made by your script in the SanchoMod folder, where all the mod settings for the game are registered.... and of course the fonts... because of this you have to unpack the mod and it is not always possible to pack it back....
I purchased new fonts to help the fella that did the Ukrainian translation. They aren't exact replicas but are Cyrillic compatible. They were a bit expensive but whatever, they work

Jpr73

Dec 8, 2019
Of course anything can be translated. I condone using separate filtering code rather than the noviced "hack and rewrite all scripting dialogue" tbh. Using filter code doesn't require decompiling anything and works across the board, but obviously requires coding knowledge to write. As an example a Ukrainian user listened and translated another VN I mod and I finished it by translating the mod itself. With the "hack and rewrite all the scripting dialogue" method most of you are attempting think about this for a bit as you are clearly missing steps of the programming process: if you pull an engine out of a car to rebuild it then you must put it back for it to run, right?

I am neither a 'computer scientist' nor a 'mechanic'! And as I am not 'lucky' enough to be English, I cannot enjoy the games of this forum as they are (with or without Mod).
I am therefore forced to translate them first with my "meager knowledge" egoistically for myself, without wanting to "pirate" anyone's codes!
Too bad, but in the future, I will refrain from downloading your Mods.
That being said, I am fully aware of the work that this represents for you, Sancho, I understand and I am not angry with anyone.

konstant61

May 3, 2017
I launched Summer Scent with auto translation and mod from Sancho, in Russian language... there were no problems because the game was made on renpy 7.3.5...УРРРАААА......

4.30 star(s) 3 Votes