Mod Ren'Py Summer Scent [v0.6.4a] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

4.30 star(s) 3 Votes

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
the game opens up to the disclaimers but when it is about to reach the game menu a black screen appears and it closes
Just install it just like it is in JoiPlay... don't tamper with the files (don't de-archive anything). You're breaking it.

Reactions: Dogorti

NukaCola

Engaged Member
Jul 1, 2017
Hey. I just want to say your mod is amazing. I usually prefer to play these games without mod for several reason or only use the pdf walkthrough but in this game there are so many choices that can easily locked you out of the 2 main girl routes so this mod is a godsend. Also the UI improvement is a very welcome change. It sounds silly but I love the sound when you hover over and click on the choices. It sounds very satisfying :)).
What I also love is unlike other mods that only highlights the suggested choices based on the mod author personal opinion without any explanation which sometimes maybe be not what players want. Your mod actually show what those choices actually do and let the player decide for themself.
Some of the mod I tried basically just highlight all the choices without any explanation, usually lead to sex and show all the different path in one playthrough which completely break the story logic, time and space. Basically, turn the game into a kinetic novel. I really hate that. So far I only use your mod in this game and Karlsson's Gambit but I'm glad your mods don't do that.
So year you basically just turn a person who is pretty much "anti mod" to your religion with this amazing mod. My compliment to the Chef;)

Reactions: GreggoryLove

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Hey. I just want to say your mod is amazing. I usually prefer to play these games without mod for several reason or only use the pdf walkthrough but in this game there are so many choices that can easily locked you out of the 2 main girl routes so this mod is a godsend. Also the UI improvement is a very welcome change. It sounds silly but I love the sound when you hover over and click on the choices. It sounds very satisfying :)).
What I also love is unlike other mods that only highlights the suggested choices based on the mod author personal opinion without any explanation which sometimes maybe be not what players want. Your mod actually show what those choices actually do and let the player decide for themself.
Some of the mod I tried basically just highlight all the choices without any explanation, usually lead to sex and show all the different path in one playthrough which completely break the story logic, time and space. Basically, turn the game into a kinetic novel. I really hate that. So far I only use your mod in this game and Karlsson's Gambit but I'm glad your mods don't do that.
So year you basically just turn a person who is pretty much "anti mod" to your religion with this amazing mod. My compliment to the Chef;)
Thank you for the kind words, sincerely. Remember, if you don't want the ChoiceGuide spoilers (the walkthrough) you can simply toggle it Off.

Absolutely all features in the mod are optional... all of them. Some are On by default but they can be turned Off/On in real-time without the risk of breaking anything. Just thought I'd mention that since you stated you sometimes like to play spoiler-free. You can do that with SanchoMod and just use the mod to tweak specific GUI aesthetics as you please.

And yes, I agree, the subtle effects of audio and fades are completely intentional on my part. They add "weight" to choice clicks and the visual tweaks can add very subtle aesthetic improvements. The whole point of the mod is to be able to tweak it so the mod is invisible... that all your immersion is with the story and not the mod. That's what SanchoMod is truly all about... supporting the original story, not forcing players to do what I think they should.

Regards.

Victarion000

Sep 9, 2018
Good morning,

I'll explain since you're getting your info directly from the dev's changelog. There aren't 8 new lewd scenes. There's 3 mini-lewds plus a (not really lewd) foot-fetish mini.... but none are full scenes, not even close. Here's the breakdown (forget the info on the VN's OP, the "8" scenes refer to "changes in physical location of the characters" and some are shared across the board or some paths have "2 scenes" as the dev counted them but are really just 1 longer scene:
  • Actual full "scenes" per path at start of Day6-Part2 splitting (all of the following are non-lewdalthough MoronicHero has a "foot fetish type scene... kinda"):
    • EvilAsshole Path: 1 "scene" + "ending scene"
    • PychoticKnight Path: 2 "scenes" + "ending scene"
    • MoronicHero Path: 2 "scenes" + "ending scene"
    • DualLove Path: 1 "scene" + "ending scene"
    • "Others" Paths: 1 "scene" + "ending scene"
  • Where the "mini-lewds" occur (ending scene):
    • SisLove Path: Eve kiss / topless (borderline lewd, basically it isn't imho)
    • DualDom Path: Eve dom MC (semi-lewd.. kind of, sort of... debatable)
    • SisHardSub Path: Eve sub (most lewd of the minis, definitely a lewd but extremely short scene)
Now, if you play the update you'll see that none of the 3 mini-lewds really qualify as gallery material (they are simply way too short). The only option I was left with was combining them but it doesn't make much sense as far as story goes so I left it be for the time being. With that said, If folks REALLY want, I can make a "Restaurant Mini 3-Scene" which would be a mashup of the 3 minis into one scene... but just remember that it's "flow" won't make plot/story sense.

Mentions for those who might be interested in the above info: Victarion000 Kevinlolz Agent York Morgan easygg Piat84 Dend82
This explains why I only got a kiss with Eve. Thanks for your respond.

Reactions: Sancho1969

Dogorti

Jan 23, 2021
I like the mod, but it would be great if you added the incest patch in the future, that thing about not being related by blood is kinda lame

here what it says with the patch

Screenshot_20220723-130848_Ren'Py Plugin for JoiPlay.jpg

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I like the mod, but it would be great if you added the incest patch in the future, that thing about not being related by blood is kinda lame

here what it says with the patch
... it's the only time, during the very beginning. After that one sentence there's no point of a "patch". One sentence is not a deal-breaker imho. After that one sentence Eve is always referred to as the MC's sister and the MC referred to as Eve's brother.

CamaroFan432

Mar 13, 2020
... it's the only time, during the very beginning. After that one sentence there's no point of a "patch". One sentence is not a deal-breaker imho. After that one sentence Eve is always referred to as the MC's sister and the MC referred to as Eve's brother.
Looking at the old patch, that's not really true.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Looking at that, it alters quite a few dialogs troughout the game, therefor it would be nice, if your mod would have it integrated or would take it into account, if not too much work. If it's not worth in your opinion, so be it. I still like you mods. Thank you for taking your time reading my comment.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Looking at the old patch, that's not really true.
Looking at that, it alters quite a few dialogs troughout the game, therefor it would be nice, if your mod would have it integrated or would take it into account, if not too much work. If it's not worth in your opinion, so be it. I still like you mods. Thank you for taking your time reading my comment.
I'm not against it, but I reckon it should be more selective if implemented. About half of the changes don't really do anything... but I can always incorporate those that do.

Some examples of the ones (in my opinion) that are arbitrary and aren't needed at all:

CamaroFan432

Mar 13, 2020
I'm not against it, but I reckon it should be more selective if implemented. About half of the changes don't really do anything... but I can always incorporate those that do.

Some examples of the ones (in my opinion) that are arbitrary and aren't needed at all:
Yeah, you're right, just by looking at this, it doesn't matter. But if it's taken into the context of the conversation, the conversation changes to some degree. I just wanted to point that out. I won't try to change your mind, it's you decision. I just feel, that a variable could take the IPatch, if applied, into account. If my imagination is correct, that is. That probably won't involve much future work from your side then. Just my own thoughts on this matter. I could be wrong.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Yeah, you're right, just by looking at this, it doesn't matter. But if it's taken into the context of the conversation, the conversation changes to some degree. I just wanted to point that out. I won't try to change your mind, it's you decision. I just feel, that a variable could take the IPatch, if applied, into account. If my imagination is correct, that is. That probably won't involve much future work from your side then. Just my own thoughts on this matter. I could be wrong.
Well, let's be honest... there's no right or wrong. Give me a bit this afternoon to code something together. I'll place an "iPatch" button in the MiniMenu so it can be turned On/Off as desired so then everyone wins. How's that sound?

CamaroFan432

Mar 13, 2020
Well, let's be honest... there's no right or wrong. Give me a bit this afternoon to code something together. I'll place an "iPatch" button in the MiniMenu so it can be turned On/Off as desired so then everyone wins. How's that sound?
It would be awesome, but only if you don't feel pressured and it doesn't make to much work. IMO it should always be in reason. But thank you for taking a look at it. I like it, that you're open to reasonable requests and suggestions.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
It would be awesome, but only if you don't feel pressured and it doesn't make to much work. IMO it should always be in reason. But thank you for taking a look at it. I like it, that you're open to reasonable requests and suggestions.
:ROFLMAO: yeah, it's a bit of work but only because I made the complicated code for substitutions within the mod already. No biggie, challenge accepted. And you know by now that constructive criticism and requests that can potentially benefit a substantial portion of the mod's users are always welcomed. I might kick the can a bit periodically but it's only to insure we all agree that changes made truly have potential to improve the user's experience.

Again, I appreciate everyone's input. Let me see what I can do with it (it will all automatically work without a hitch or blowup in my face :ROFLMAO:). Regards.

Efol

Nov 18, 2018
My hero :)

preskerd

Sep 27, 2017
Is the mod still works with incest patch? Or should I wait for the incest feature Sancho plans to add to the mod?

Pendrell

Apr 10, 2020
Is the mod still works with incest patch? Or should I wait for the incest feature Sancho plans to add to the mod?
Have just installed SanchoMod to an ipatched game and it seems to have disabled the patch, there is greyed out option for patch which is not selectable. Hopefully Sancho1969 can clarify.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Have just installed SanchoMod to an ipatched game and it seems to have disabled the patch, there is greyed out option for patch which is not selectable. Hopefully Sancho1969 can clarify.
Come on y'all. Did you not see the conversation posts directly above yours? You're killing me here.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Well shit, give me a bit more time. This became more complicate than I thought at first glance. I have multiple string searches going on simultaneously and they're getting mixed up when I want to change a name versus when I want to change an entire phrase. Currently I have no problem doing one or the other, all switchable and can turn On/Off on the fly.. until I mix them together. The issue is using regex which is word dependent for one function and dict mapping for the other function.

Anything is doable I just need to sort it out proper. I'll keep at it.

Glooskabe

Jan 4, 2020
Well shit, give me a bit more time. This became more complicate than I thought at first glance. I have multiple string searches going on simultaneously and they're getting mixed up when I want to change a name versus when I want to change an entire phrase. Currently I have no problem doing one or the other, all switchable and can turn On/Off on the fly.. until I mix them together. The issue is using regex which is word dependent for one function and dict mapping for the other function.

Anything is doable I just need to sort it out proper. I'll keep at it.
NOOO!!!! Not regex??!!:eek:

4.30 star(s) 3 Votes