Mod Ren'Py Summer's Gone [Ch. 5 Beta] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

5.00 star(s) 3 Votes

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Well folks, I'm on the fence here tbh. This little ditty of what used to be an "AVN" no longer really is imo. I don't know what the heck I'm going to do now. I'll chip away at rewriting the "patch" which is the basis of the content the mod uses anyway so that has to be done to move forward. I know I shouldn't be pessimistic but this damn comic book is starting to become a real nuisance. There's nothing "adult" about it anymore... it truly is just a comic book at this stage. Fucking shame considering how much we all fell for the innovative rendering and mood when this title first debuted long ago. It's become a platform of political correctness and sensitization that's beyond anything I've ever experienced in this AVN hobby we all share.

So, I dunno. Like many of you VN fans I feel deflated, bitter, and severely disappointed. The last time I felt that way about anything I divorced her ass :ROFLMAO:.

colombeen

Modder
Jul 16, 2021
Well folks, I'm on the fence here tbh. This little ditty of what used to be an "AVN" no longer really is imo. I don't know what the heck I'm going to do now. I'll chip away at rewriting the "patch" which is the basis of the content the mod uses anyway so that has to be done to move forward. I know I shouldn't be pessimistic but this damn comic book is starting to become a real nuisance. There's nothing "adult" about it anymore... it truly is just a comic book at this stage. Fucking shame considering how much we all fell for the innovative rendering and mood when this title first debuted long ago. It's become a platform of political correctness and sensitization that's beyond anything I've ever experienced in this AVN hobby we all share.

So, I dunno. Like many of you VN fans I feel deflated, bitter, and severely disappointed. The last time I felt that way about anything I divorced her ass :ROFLMAO:.
The patreon release should contain more of the adult parts, but not sure how much he kept... He dumbed it down for the steam release because he has issues getting games that are tagged as adult in his own country if I'm not mistaken :D

johnman300

Aug 1, 2022
The patreon release should contain more of the adult parts, but not sure how much he kept... He dumbed it down for the steam release because he has issues getting games that are tagged as adult in his own country if I'm not mistaken :D
Yeah he was going for an r16+ rating, but then failed in that... it ended up being released as a straight up adult game, but without any adult scenes, so isn't even available in Germany (where he's from). So he de-"adulted" it for naught.

obito_momo

May 22, 2018

well the hope will be with season 2 to get more stuff done still hope you still do the mode i really enjoy playing the games with it and thanks

david2248

Sep 11, 2021
View attachment 1716179

Overview:
In-game mod for Summer's Gone
Multi-mod adds support for save descriptions, choice guide, custom stat screens, custom scene gallery, custom settings, custom fonts and more.

As always if you like the game please show your support for the Developer whose respective links are found below.

*** The latest SanchoMod Core v7b ***
Massive overhaul of core mod with 1,000's of cumulative hours in development

Important!!! Note: Do NOT install any additional patch, the iPatch is already fully integrated.

Updated: 10-28-2023
Game/Creator: Summer's Gone / Oceanlab / F95zone -
Modder: Sancho1969 F95
Mod Version: v5Beta
Game Version: Ch5Beta
Language: English

Features:
  • Improved aesthetics with animated mod menus/screens, all fully customizable to tailor your personal experience.
  • Too many story branches got you down 'cause you can't remember which of your saves is which? I gotcha covered. Includes the Original SanchoMod save description feature. Often imitated (including the use of my GUI buttons) the SanchoSave is more intelligent and efficient, saving you keystrokes as it autoloads the save slot descriptions and it also allows you to completely escape the process of saving if you wish (I've personally not seen this feature with other imitations). Feature can be toggled on/off anytime as desired.
  • Adds multiple exhaustive stats screens always accessible via the MiniMenu or Options menu. Resizable, toggle-enabled, various formats, and more.
  • Adds in-game walkthrough (ChoiceGuide) noting all variable changes and highlighting important choices. Can be toggled on/off at anytime, play as YOU want to play. You are not forced to view spoilers if you do not wish.
  • Multiple opacity and text sizing options to customize your experience including dialogue boxes, text and fonts, QuickMenu sizing and format versions, and more. All can be toggled on/off as desired, again allowing you even more control to tailor your experience.
  • Adds a custom fully unlocked scene gallery (SanchoGallery) that runs completely independent.
  • Adds professionally coded custom cheats (SanchoCheats) if applicable (varies from port to port).
  • Too many new features to list.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Installation:
SaveFixer:
(Using SanchoModded saves in an unmodded game)
Change-Log:

Current revision: 10/28/2023 22:46 CST
Important: A modified uncensored patch is already integrated. Do NOT install another patch.
Download: -

SanchoMod GUI/Features
View attachment 1716193 View attachment 1716192 View attachment 1716190 View attachment 1716191 View attachment 1716189
View attachment 1716188 View attachment 1716187 View attachment 1716186 View attachment 1716197 View attachment 1716196 View attachment 1716195
Dynamic ChoiceGuide
View attachment 1716199 View attachment 1716198
(Screenshot below explains the SanchoMod interface/features)
View attachment 1716185
If you enjoy my mods and guides, please consider smashing the "(y)like" to give me support. You won't see links or advertisements in any of my mods, all I ask is for your gratitude if you enjoy my work. Feel free to follow my profile where I post new mods, updates, and status of works-in-progress. If you find this particular mod beneficial and/or enjoyable, consider leaving a proper review and a "vote" so others might benefit from your personal experience. My personal thanks (as always) to the hardworking devs, compressors, and admins. Kindest regards and be well.
Anyone know when the full season 1 mod might be out?

colombeen

Modder
Jul 16, 2021
The default answer: When it's done... Sancho doesn't release a mod before he's 99,9% sure that he's checked his work and everything works as expected.
Sometimes a few hours, sometimes it takes a few days. All we can ask is to be patient.

david2248

Sep 11, 2021
The default answer: When it's done... Sancho doesn't release a mod before he's 99,9% sure that he's checked his work and everything works as expected.
Sometimes a few hours, sometimes it takes a few days. All we can ask is to be patient.

sounds good! I just wasn't sure if sancho waits for it to be released on every platform or if it was manageable with the first platform release

colombeen

Modder
Jul 16, 2021
sounds good! I just wasn't sure if sancho waits for it to be released on every platform or if it was manageable with the first platform release
Imho, I think everyone is waiting on the patreon release here, hoping that we'll get as much adult stuff back as we possibly can :D

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Short answer: fuck if I know.

This VN has gone to the pits imo (but I'm beating a dead horse as I've already expressed why I'm frustrated). That said, since no one else has done it I've been recreating the "patch" file since that's the basis the mod works on. I've got it mostly done but the rework in Ep2 is giving me fits at the moment... a reworked Bella scene.

I'm not promising anything for this VN right now. I'm not entirely sure it's worth all this time to make a mod for a comic book which is not what I signed up for tbh. But that's me being salty again so I'll leave it at that.

Bottom line: from what I've seen of the sanitation and the reworked dialogue I think Ch5Beta is more of a real Season 1 than this Steam release. This VN has been gutted man. Very sad days.

david2248

Sep 11, 2021
Short answer: fuck if I know.

This VN has gone to the pits imo (but I'm beating a dead horse as I've already expressed why I'm frustrated). That said, since no one else has done it I've been recreating the "patch" file since that's the basis the mod works on. I've got it mostly done but the rework in Ep2 is giving me fits at the moment... a reworked Bella scene.

I'm not promising anything for this VN right now. I'm not entirely sure it's worth all this time to make a mod for a comic book which is not what I signed up for tbh. But that's me being salty again so I'll leave it at that.

Bottom line: from what I've seen of the sanitation and the reworked dialogue I think Ch5Beta is more of a real Season 1 than this Steam release. This VN has been gutted man. Very sad days.

I completely understand your points, a lot has been taken out from all the reworks and hey if we have to wait until it starts picking up as an AVN to get mods again thats what we gotta do lol. I appreciate your response and everything you do for us though!!

Frostvred

Jan 21, 2019
Guttered how so?
you can pretty much fast forward 90% of the 'comic book' now.. half or even more of the choices are gone..
Lots of scenes have been altered to fit a "younger demographic", but in a failed attempt.

I read Batman, Conan, Barbarella, Spirit, and many other comics with more nudity and adult themes back in the 80s/90s,
than this one now has.

I'm with Sancho on the opinion Ch5Beta is far more superior.

Edit: Just realized something I just said; the "game" could get a fitting rename now. "Choices Gone"..

Reactions: Azeroth67000

Havik79

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2019
I see, sad I know but when I was a kid I wanted to laugh, so it was snoopy and garfield.

So how does it work that if choices are almost gone, my main interest was Bellas mum.

Frostvred

Jan 21, 2019
I see, sad I know but when I was a kid I wanted to laugh, so it was snoopy and garfield.

So how does it work that if choices are almost gone, my main interest was Bellas mum.
That's a good question.
I'm guessing one or two choices will be a "key" to unlock the door in season 2.

Thing is, I did one playthrough of steam season 1, and I'm fairly certain I picked the correct choices for my Bella playthrough that I did with the beta. (the couple choices that are still there)
However, I was some points short for a certain part.
(Maybe some choices have been changed or I effed up one choice. my memory ain't THAT good.
Or maybe Ocean fucked up the points, or purposely changed the "correct" choice.)
Which made me not care anymore, and just cheated the couple missing points for the flavor texts.

Here's hoping the "patreon release", if that is true that there will be one, will revert the steam edition faults.

david2248

Sep 11, 2021
That's a good question.
I'm guessing one or two choices will be a "key" to unlock the door in season 2.

Thing is, I did one playthrough of steam season 1, and I'm fairly certain I picked the correct choices for my Bella playthrough that I did with the beta. (the couple choices that are still there)
However, I was some points short for a certain part.
(Maybe some choices have been changed or I effed up one choice. my memory ain't THAT good.
Or maybe Ocean fucked up the points, or purposely changed the "correct" choice.)
Which made me not care anymore, and just cheated the couple missing points for the flavor texts.

Here's hoping the "patreon release", if that is true that there will be one, will revert the steam edition faults.
From what I’ve seen on the Patreon release it might be the same as steam, even on Oceans page the download link is titled for steam season 1. I love this game don’t get me wrong and I was okay with the slow burn AVN but this? This is something completely different from a slow burn. It’s basically a PG-13 movie with the “may contain nudity” warnings in it:cautious:

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020

Indeed... the MILF. But alas, this "sanitation" has removed everything bud... even old dialogue that included the word "fuck" (like "fuck off", "fuck you", "the fuck you will", etc) have been sanitized. Nothing was spared except a few boobie shots here and there.

So, this is your new Snoopy.... it's content is now basically rated the same. Both are just kids comics. Sucks, right?

Malicre

Oct 23, 2018
Indeed... the MILF. But alas, this "sanitation" has removed everything bud... even old dialogue that included the word "fuck" (like "fuck off", "fuck you", "the fuck you will", etc) have been sanitized. Nothing was spared except a few boobie shots here and there.

So, this is your new Snoopy.... it's content is now basically rated the same. Both are just kids comics. Sucks, right?
Yup its a shame too because i was really getting invested into the game but now i don't even care about it anymore.

Malicre

Oct 23, 2018
I tried to summarize it best here in as few words as possible (me being sober).
I don't think people we're duped i just think the dev got greedy. It's another reason why i believe the game won't have a single sex scene by the time its finished.

It's definitely more of a dating sim now then AVN.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I don't think people we're duped i just think the dev got greedy. It's another reason why i believe the game won't have a single sex scene by the time its finished.

It's definitely more of a dating sim now then AVN.
I'm not sure how any greed plays into it...there's no distribution site that gets additional subscriptions from a fake AVN, there's nothing more to be made by this massive sanitation. This is more akin to a personal philosophy mind change... like being born again from a perv to a snowflake.

Honestly makes zero sense to me at this point but we all saw it coming when the first censorship started with Coach Hill's "gook" nickname for Ayua being revised.

• Haha
Reactions: colombeen
5.00 star(s) 3 Votes