• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Mod Ren'Py Summer's Gone [Ch. 5 Beta] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

5.00 star(s) 3 Votes

LukeRY

Jun 23, 2021
Just a quick progress update:

I'm at around line 34,000 of ~38,000 so I'm much closer to the end than not... thanks again for the patience folks, this is a lot of work so just know I'm not slacking.
I probably shouldn't say this. I suggest you not to update about progress. When you are done, you are done. You are doing a major paid work for free in really quick time. Lots of guys here already take the modders,porters,compressors for granted. They feel like we are obliged to do free work for them and also for devs as well.

I only hope if ocean takes your codework, he should reward you with some compensation.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I probably shouldn't say this. I suggest you not to update about progress. When you are done, you are done. You are doing a major paid work for free in really quick time. Lots of guys here already take the modders,porters,compressors for granted. They feel like we are obliged to do free work for them and also for devs as well.

I only hope if ocean takes your codework, he should reward you with some compensation.
I hear ya but I've always been 100% transparent since day 1 here... and monetary gain is against the mod's philosophy and actually the reason it was created on a public basis. Feel free to see my "About" page for details on that. It was written long ago but the jest is still the same I reckon.

Otherwise Ocean and I have always been on good terms... although I don't cut any slack on my personal opinions bug most devs know that's how I am... if I'm going to push myself to do the absolute best I can to improve their product then I expect them to do the same so I push their buttons to get them through any barriers or tech issues they might be facing. That's my perspective anyway.

LukeRY

Jun 23, 2021
I hear ya but I've always been 100% transparent since day 1 here... and monetary gain is against the mod's philosophy and actually the reason it was created on a public basis. Feel free to see my "About" page for details on that. It was written long ago but the jest is still the same I reckon.

Otherwise Ocean and I have always been on good terms... although I don't cut any slack on my personal opinions bug most devs know that's how I am... if I'm going to push myself to do the absolute best I can to improve their product then I expect them to do the same so I push their buttons to get them through any barriers or tech issues they might be facing. That's my perspective anyway.
Very Noble philosophy mate. I understand your view. I only hope you keep your priorities straight and don't overwork yourself. Health before anything.

I did have a look at code mess. The more I looked more I got confused on what will be the actual scenes in future because some scenes were probably going to be removed and some probably will be reworked. I didn't even think about getting into fixing the mess. Kudos to you.

Last edited:

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I only hope you keep your priorities straight
They are...my wetbar stays stocked :ROFLMAO:

don't overwork yourself.
meh, I'm semi-retired and still work at least 12hrs per day, many days up to 16 (this is just one of many "hobbies" tbh). I take a break every few weeks or so though.

I'm in it for the karma though... reckon we all need more of that these days.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Okay. The ChoiceGuide is complete... we now have 175 event variables to keep track of and 36 "misc" variables to track as well. Due to most of them being dead ends I've taken the liberty to cleanup the stat screens to give only useful information to date:
1698530368929.png 1698530384932.png 1698530400699.png

Regarding the MiniStat...I've coded it to the latest Core which includes realtime collapse/expansion of stat categories. These are retained on a per save file basis like all other SanchoMods:
1698530590566.png

I'm populating new Ch5 scenes as I place the MiniStat coding in the new content to kill two birds with one stone:
1698530450056.png

There's so much more but I need to get back to it and get this thing done.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Man...this VN is killing me. I'm on line 37,385 out of 38,480... so close. I'm tired, I'm hungry, but I will get this damn thing off my plate and it will be done correctly, thoroughly. I actually had to make a note of how I'll build the retail packaging since I'm adding back so many images, audio files, etc. This is one wicked mod update technically speaking. Not because the VN is overly technical but due to the vast revamp.

I'll grab a drink refill... now that I vented a bit.

RNasc4444

Aug 16, 2022
Man...this VN is killing me. I'm on line 37,385 out of 38,480... so close. I'm tired, I'm hungry, but I will get this damn thing off my plate and it will be done correctly, thoroughly. I actually had to make a note of how I'll build the retail packaging since I'm adding back so many images, audio files, etc. This is one wicked mod update technically speaking. Not because the VN is overly technical but due to the vast revamp.

I'll grab a drink refill... now that I vented a bit.
Isn't CH5 Full scheduled to release in like a month or two or did I get that wrong? You know Ocean is gonna change more shit in CH2 when the last part of the rework comes out... And if you have Returning to Mia in between...man I fear for your mental and physical health :LOL:

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Isn't CH5 Full scheduled to release in like a month or two or did I get that wrong? You know Ocean is gonna change more shit in CH2 when the last part of the rework comes out... And if you have Returning to Mia in between...man I fear for your mental and physical health :LOL:
Ocean changes old content every single update to date bud... and I reckon Full won't be out till sometime in mid to late December. If I don't help get the VN sorted and those notes to the dev then it'll be in a worse state. So, these updates are a two-fold exercise...bug fixing and providing enhancement content (a mod). I'm fine... I just vent sometimes to get myself square again. It's 2014hrs here now...I wanna get this done tonight. I've a 22oz ribeye marinating and I intend to grill that sucker...but not until this bad boy is finished and in public hands.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
It's been three days...it won't be four:
1698548113201.png
I need a bit to build the retail package, throw it on the test machines, and if it passes upload. I'm grilling that damn steak before midnight unless I lose power in the next bit...

Reactions: Ecnol

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
SanchoMod Update (Ch 5 Beta)
1698551546903.png 1698551564481.png 1698551581180.png
Go get you some.

Links in OP and FAQ are updated accordingly.

*** Due to the dev revamping almost the entire VN a fresh playthrough is HIGHLY recommended ***

Changlelog:
  • HotKey "S" Toggle (found in SanchoCheats) (it looked out of place in SanchoOptions where it really needs to be), works in real-time while in-game with no restart required. Toggle allows the HotKey to set to either the default "S" or the alternative "T". While in the "T" variant the user can take RenPy screenshots with the individual "S" key as well as the other multi-key assignments. This feature toggle is saved on a per-save file basis (it will always default to "S" when starting a new game so will have to be set to "T" each new game if that's the preference of the Player. When loading a save where it was previously set to "T" then it will be loaded as such).
  • SanchoMod Volume Control (found in Preferences). Controls most of the sounds introduced by the mod separately from the VN's mixer.
  • SanchoAutoSave (found on Save/Load Page 69). Episode/Chapter specific auto saves in one location, easily accessible by the Page menu.
  • Fixed every single bug I could find and reported the largest ones to the dev for their knowledge.
  • Fixed the dev's missing images and wrong images during gameplay... but I didn't fix his gallery. SanchoGallery will get you done.
  • Added missing sounds and music as necessary.
  • Reverted some old content back to their original more lewd variants.
  • So many minor tweaks I can't even begin to log them all.
If you enjoy my work once you've had time to check it out, consider leaving a vote and/or review so others might benefit from your experience. Positive or negative, all civil forms of rational criticism are welcomed and appreciated. Your feedback matters. Regards.

Y'all guinea pig this thing while I write up a post for the VN's thread. Enjoy.

LoGyMW

Nov 21, 2022
Thank you for your hard work, much appreciated. Guess its time to replay this one again since its recommended to do so due to reworks. Has been a while since i played this

Reactions: Sancho1969

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Thank you for your hard work, much appreciated. Guess its time to replay this one again since its recommended to do so due to reworks. Has been a while since i played this
Old saves will work...mostly (I don't have an exact percentage but the majority of my personals from last update worked with some RenPy rollback) but some of the early chapter variables changed, some removed, a couple added. None that I could find "game breaking" but starting from scratch is certainly the best choice to make. For those who are more current then simply speedrun through the choices and you'll get to Ch4.5 pretty quick which will lay you up for getting into Ch5 proper.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I'll check back in the morning...it's past midnight (I already grilled and consumed that fantastic ribeye) and I haven't had much sleep the past three nights due to this update. If anyone finds something odd or broke just post a msg pinging me and I'll get ya sorted. Otherwise I'll be starting "Returning to Mia" update first thing tomorrow.

Regards and enjoy.

Tairnel

Apr 25, 2020
Just a quick question... does this mod feature the ability to view all scenes if a choice is given, and/or all variable-dependant outcomes of a scene (the ones determined by previous choices)?

sorry if this was already mentioned in the description.

AsdaqHarry

Sep 26, 2021
Thanks the mod. It's really helpful.

I have an issue though. There was a scene where MC is talking to Bella on the phone and she is in a bath or something like that (chapter 3 I think). I did not see it when using the mod. Did I miss something or wrongly installed the mod?

Havik79

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2019
I hate to be a bother, but seeing as how you see all the code stuff, do you need to be doing stuff and being nice to Cunty McCuntface/bella to get on Ambers route.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Good morning,

Thanks the mod. It's really helpful.

I have an issue though. There was a scene where MC is talking to Bella on the phone and she is in a bath or something like that (chapter 3 I think). I did not see it when using the mod. Did I miss something or wrongly installed the mod?
You'll have to be more specific but all the content that's in Ch5 beta is viewable depending on the path you take... I've confirmed it dozens of times during testing. With that said the dev keeps rewriting scenes, editing them, or removing them so whatever it is you're referencing may no longer be there... if you have a screenshot from a previous build then post it and it'll refresh my memory I'm sure.

I hate to be a bother, but seeing as how you see all the code stuff, do you need to be doing stuff and being nice to Cunty McCuntface/bella to get on Ambers route.
Amber doesn't have an official route per se...but to maximize her relp and love pnts you do have to be on Bella's fork. That said I have no idea if or what the dev's intentions are with Amber and if the final result of whatever that may be will require Bella as an LI or not. I just don't have those answers since the majority of the variables the dev has created and used don't do anything...yet (if ever at all).

Reactions: Havik79

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I've cracked the egg open...47,407 files. Oh boy... checking changes in the script files now. I might need to brew another pot of coffee ... or start making double-shot Bloody Mary's :ROFLMAO:

5.00 star(s) 3 Votes