Mod Ren'Py Summer's Gone [Ch. 5 Beta] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

5.00 star(s) 3 Votes

kiljaeden

Jun 2, 2019
Well folks... I've been posting in the VN's thread.

This update (like the previous) is a dialogue/image/slang cleansing mess of an update so far. I finished going through Ch1's code and started Ch2's, and finding all sorts of things folks who've played the VN's previous offerings will surely critique the logic of.

I dunno but I'll do my best to get this mixed jumble of code sorted... but doing this each time is a bit tiring if I'm being honest. This is a perfect example of a dev who can barely move forward due to never letting go of the past. Everything has been rewritten yet again, starting from the very beginning of the VN... yes, again.

It's past time for that first adult beverage...at least that will be "adult" seeing's how most of what adult content was in this VN has been further stripped out.
How much content is gone? Can we see the scenes with unren at least?

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
How much content is gone? Can we see the scenes with unren at least?
From my knowledge almost all lewd (wasn't hardly any to begin with) removed so they sell the game on Steam in Germany, then Season 2 won't be available on Steam (episode 6) as this is when the lewd stuff will start coming in.

kiljaeden

Jun 2, 2019
From my knowledge almost all lewd (wasn't hardly any to begin with) removed so they sell the game on Steam in Germany, then Season 2 won't be available on Steam (episode 6) as this is when the lewd stuff will start coming in.
What's the point of selling the game in steam if those players won't see half of the game anyway? The important half. I hope they aren't deceiving the people.

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
What's the point of selling the game in steam if those players won't see half of the game anyway? The important half. I hope they aren't deceiving the people.
To support the other game, it seems like.

The other game is the only one I care about, not much interest in this game atm...

The only way for me to ever finance the Workstation in the next year is through the SG Steam release.
Please spread the word about it, and wishlist it even if you don't want to buy it just to push some numbers.
WiAB depends on the success of SG's Steam release almost more than SG itself.
My current tax office (2023) is amazing... But I can't believe these old shits are still haunting me.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Good morning folks. First cup of coffee in hand (finally) and firing up the studio.

I left last night semi-speedrunning from the VN start so reset the MiniStat choreography while checking for bugs. This is the gameplan until I get to the end of the old Ch4.5 since everything needs to be reverified (due to the massive edits/rewrites of this VN update yet again). There's well over 2K diffs from Ch4.5 to Ch5 for just the old content...that's a lot.

So, bare with me as I insure the foundation of the VN (and the associated patch) are solid so I can get to the actual new content and code that out. Regards.

Ali ibn Hassan

Engaged Member
Dec 19, 2019
Good morning folks. First cup of coffee in hand (finally) and firing up the studio.

I left last night semi-speedrunning from the VN start so reset the MiniStat choreography while checking for bugs. This is the gameplan until I get to the end of the old Ch4.5 since everything needs to be reverified (due to the massive edits/rewrites of this VN update yet again). There's well over 2K diffs from Ch4.5 to Ch5 for just the old content...that's a lot.

So, bare with me as I insure the foundation of the VN (and the associated patch) are solid so I can get to the actual new content and code that out. Regards.
Respect!

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I'm now taking seriously all the reports that the Ch5 stock "patch" is failing....and I've found the issue so it is indeed borked (for all those playing unmodded). I've made a fix for it but will PM Ocean to insure the VN's Gallery unlock that was in Ch4.5's code is correct to what he wants for Ch5's start (since so much code has changed).

Bottom line: There's a missing label block that jumps to the start of Ch5 if the player didn't kiss Bella... which causes an exception that has been reported repeatedly in the VN's thread.

I'll likely stop and make a quick patch-patch (see what I did there?) so all those folks in the VN's thread having issues can actually play as they likely have no desire to use a mod anyway... and it's not their fault it's broken. It's only eight lines of code for this fix so it's not a big deal... just need to test it real quick.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
For those who can't wait for me to finish this update and wish to play the VN unmodded with the stock lewd patch, see post here for a fix that will resolve it's biggest issue (not letting some folks even get to Ch5's start).

I'd recommend waiting of course as I've made more fixes to the "patch" than I can count already...and I'm not on the new content yet. But you do you, I won't judge you...much :ROFLMAO:

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Another sidenote.

Once the SanchoMod update releases, due to a few variables being different (due to the dev, not me) I recommend a fresh playthrough. If you don't want to then I've confirmed that Ch4.5Full's mod AutoSave works fine, I was able to load them no problem...your mileage may vary though as RenPy does rollback a bit to find solid ground:

This is the autosave for one "Path" from Ch4.5 update 7 months ago:
1698330458144.png
This is where it loads (the beginning of the scene instead of the end of it):
1698330502696.png

So... it'll work but I still recommend a fresh playthrough due the massive amount of coding/scene changes made by the dev.

Ali ibn Hassan

Engaged Member
Dec 19, 2019
View attachment 3035757
I've coded in the latest AutoSave and moving them away from page Quick to 69+. In the examples below the missing save slots will be populated automatically upon replay of those previous chapters (which I'm doing now):
Dearest mr. Sancho

You not only perform miracles when wrestling with dinosaur creations like Summer's gone but you have also been able
to pan out the most outstanding pix of Bella I've so far come across.
1698342333795.png
I'm not on her immediate path but if she happens to be caught up in some kind of complicated love triangle along with my LI and the MC, all sails will be hoisted on the love boat.

I salute you
May the Crown bottle never run dry

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Ain't gonna lie, modding this VN always reminds me of modding Eternum where I spend more time getting the mod out of the way of the VN so the scenes can retain the impact they were designed to (meaning me removing mod elements from the screen so they are distracting). The trick comes in attempting to make these UI alterations unnoticed...if I can do it without the Player knowing I'm actually changing things then I've done a good job...but it's very easy to fail if off by one or two images.

I'm chugging along though. I've fully reworked the MiniStat choreography and working my way back through another speed run to insure the VN's bugs are squashed. But, enough of me yammering on...I'm back to it.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Thank you so much for the mod Sancho.
You da best!
Well...I gotta finish this beast of an overhaul first. It takes a while when everything is completely rewritten so I appreciate everyone's patience. If I just throw some garbage mod together quickly there'd be no point, I gotta do it right or not at all... so thanks for the wait as modding 38k lines of code is not a light task for sure.

5.00 star(s) 3 Votes