5.00 star(s) 3 Votes

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
SanchoMod Update (Ch4.5) - Fully Taxed Edition

Go get you some.

Links in OP and FAQ are updated accordingly.

Changlelog:
  • New feature - Updated to Core v7a
  • New feature - QM HoverMode. Additional QuickMenu customization found in SanchoOptions and can also be toggled with the appropriate HotKey "q". Described in detail in a post in the mod's thread here.
  • Updated feature - Updated SanchoCheats according to latest Core.
  • Updated feature - Improved the ChoiceGuide to be more uniform and informative. Completely rewritten compared to previous mod versions. Includes a new pathing guide (preliminary) and updated stat screens reflecting them.
  • Updated feature - Added all the latest HotKeys. Alt+ArrowKeys for dialogue text size/opacity, Lower-case "g" for ChoiceGuide, Lower-case "m" for MiniStat, Lower-case "q" for QuickMenu, Lower-case "s" for medium SanchoStat, Lower-case "o" for SanchoOptions, Lower-case "c" for SanchoCheats. These work exactly as if you had clicked them in the MiniMenu or SanchoOptions, they just give you another way to do something faster or more conveniently. (Yes, I took the "s" key. Use shift+"s" or alt+"s" for screenshots). List of all HotKeys can be found in post here.
  • Fixed the dev's missing images and wrong images during gameplay... but I didn't fix his gallery. SanchoGallery will get you done.
  • So many minor tweaks I can't even begin to log them all (really).
If you enjoy my work once you've had time to check it out, consider leaving a vote and/or review so others might benefit from your experience. Positive or negative, all civil forms of rational criticism are welcomed and appreciated. Your feedback matters. Regards.

Last edited:

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
FYI: Before those that don't understand start posting "your guide sucks"... there's a boatload of event variables in this VN and most have zero purpose yet... so I have no idea how to direct the Player. When I do I let you know, when I don't we both are in the dark. I can't help this, I can't see inside the dev's mind on this VN at all... he's all over the place tbh.

I'll monitor the thread periodically this evening but I'm going to prioritize the rest of the evening entertaining my favorite employee. She deserves some TLC, she's been a trouper throughout these shenanigans. Regards.

Last edited:
Reactions: ct4me and Havik79

Klopdwerg

Sep 7, 2021
Sancho1969 Got a question about a possible bug/error.

While choosing Bella for the gymsession she asks if you will help Nami. If you choose yes it would give you 2 points yet you get 1.
Also the fanmade WT says 1 point. Perhaps a typo? screenshot0001.png screenshot0002.png

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Sancho1969

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Sancho1969 Got a question about a possible bug/error.

While choosing Bella for the gymsession she asks if you will help Nami. If you choose yes it would give you 2 points yet you get 1.
Also the fanmade WT says 1 point. Perhaps a typo? View attachment 2469995 View attachment 2469996
Good question, a bit of a complex answer.

If that's what the fan made WT says then it's both right & wrong since there's two possibilities for the same choice. The ChoiceGuide is correct since it's possible to be only +1 or it's possible +2 (the ChoiceGuide automatically is correct depending on your previous choices).

I'll elaborate. If the Player chooses "Yes" and told Bella about Summer then it's +2. If the Player did NOT tell Bella about Summer then it's +1. The second Love stat is awarded after Bella says "Why would I interact with you- on such a personal level... after just a few days?" and after awarded the MC says "It's the same reason why I told you about Summer." So, in your example keep playing the scene a bit more and you'll get the second Love stat.

So, again, good question... but the ChoiceGuide is correct. These types of things happen often in VN's and why the mod is more complex than other offerings... I can analyze everything then give the Player only the info that matters at the moment and also give the info on what they are missing if they don't have the prerequisites.

Reactions: Klopdwerg

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Klopdwerg, here's the code snippet to add to the explanation above so it fully makes sense (unnecessary dialogue removed to condense the snippet). I made notes (in orange) of the explanation:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Klopdwerg

Sep 7, 2021
Klopdwerg, here's the code snippet to add to the explanation above so it fully makes sense (unnecessary dialogue removed to condense the snippet). I made notes (in orange) of the explanation:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Thanks for your precious time to explain.
Seeing it now and didn't even notice the 2nd point later on. (eventhough i allready played several times o_O)

Thought about telling you since it's so rare seeing a mistake in your mods it's like finding a pot of gold at the rainbows end ;)

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Thanks for your precious time to explain.
Seeing it now and didn't even notice the 2nd point later on. (eventhough i allready played several times o_O)

Thought about telling you since it's so rare seeing a mistake in your mods it's like finding a pot of gold at the rainbows end ;)
No bud, you give me too much credit. Remember, many of these VN's I mod are complex (it's why I do them and not the boring VN's). Because they are so complex is why it takes me longer than "some others" to update their mods... I'm combing through things for every possible scenario and coding the Guide to reflect those possibilities. This has to be done on each choice in each menu... and that's just the ChoiceGuide feature alone so doesn't mention all the other features that have to be analyzed.

That said no one is perfect. I do my best but things slip past me from time to time so please.... don't ever be guarded against asking or pointing something out that might merit being eyeballed for 100% accuracy. For me to do this properly I need you true SM geeks that pay attention to detail to keep me in the lane. It can be overwhelming at times... and sometimes I have bad days where my concentration isn't on par... mistakes can happen.

Again, it was a very good question. I try to usually inform the Player in a case like this that a point will be given now and one later but I usually reserve those types of embellishments for points that are later awarded after the current scene has ended. In this case it is the same scene so I didn't do that.

Klopdwerg

Sep 7, 2021
No bud, you give me too much credit. Remember, many of these VN's I mod are complex (it's why I do them and not the boring VN's). Because they are so complex is why it takes me longer than "some others" to update their mods... I'm combing through things for every possible scenario and coding the Guide to reflect those possibilities. This has to be done on each choice in each menu... and that's just the ChoiceGuide feature alone so doesn't mention all the other features that have to be analyzed.

That said no one is perfect. I do my best but things slip past me from time to time so please.... don't ever be guarded against asking or pointing something out that might merit being eyeballed for 100% accuracy. For me to do this properly I need you true SM geeks that pay attention to detail to keep me in the lane. It can be overwhelming at times... and sometimes I have bad days where my concentration isn't on par... mistakes can happen.

Again, it was a very good question. I try to usually inform the Player in a case like this that a point will be given now and one later but I usually reserve those types of embellishments for points that are later awarded after the current scene has ended. In this case it is the same scene so I didn't do that.
Will do but again, it's very very rare coming upon a typo or error. And like you said, normally you give a heads up for upcoming points which triggered me.

And please don't seel yourself short Sancho, true that no one is perfect but you're damn close.
How many times is see you giving the dev a heads up when something is off and correcting/helping him with a sollution.
That's really commendable, he/she had so much time and beta testers going over it and you are doing it in a few days. Even during Taxseason :LOL:

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Will do but again, it's very very rare coming upon a typo or error. And like you said, normally you give a heads up for upcoming points which triggered me.

And please don't seel yourself short Sancho, true that no one is perfect but you're damn close.
How many times is see you giving the dev a heads up when something is off and correcting/helping him with a sollution.
That's really commendable, he/she had so much time and beta testers going over it and you are doing it in a few days. Even during Taxseason :LOL:
Tax season.... brother, I hate it so much. Thank God for a PA that is not only extremely savvy but also gorgeous to boot. I try to count only my blessings as much as possible but I'm only human. You know I appreciate the kind words bud... this "modder" side-project under this pseudonym has certainly taken a ton of effort.

• Red Heart

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I was about to ask this, but then saw Sancho already replied to you. Bummer though -_-
I understand... but the way the dev is writing the VN I can't find a solution other than completely modding BOTH the "landlord" and "patched" scripts. Sure, I could use text replacement but the dev has rewritten a ton of dialogue in the patched version to suite the scenes as he believes they should be represented. It'd would be like me pushing out two simultaneous separate mods, one for each version. If the dev wasn't so hellbent to completely rewrite old chapters constantly I might consider doing such a massive project but it's simply not worth the hundreds of hours that would inevitably be wasted each time another rewrite drops. I hope that makes sense and folks understand the obstacles I have to overcome modding this particular title properly. It's a bitch if I'm being honest... way too much work for so little fruit.

Reactions: SoGood725

SoGood725

Feb 23, 2022
I understand... but the way the dev is writing the VN I can't find a solution other than completely modding BOTH the "landlord" and "patched" scripts. Sure, I could use text replacement but the dev has rewritten a ton of dialogue in the patched version to suite the scenes as he believes they should be represented. It'd would be like me pushing out two simultaneous separate mods, one for each version. If the dev wasn't so hellbent to completely rewrite old chapters constantly I might consider doing such a massive project but it's simply not worth the hundreds of hours that would inevitably be wasted each time another rewrite drops. I hope that makes sense and folks understand the obstacles I have to overcome modding this particular title properly. It's a bitch if I'm being honest... way too much work for so little fruit.
Ah I understand. Thanks for the detailed explanation as well, it's highly appreciated.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Hey man I ran into an error in Chapter 3.5

View attachment 2486277

It came after I returned from the fancy dinner -- walk up the trail in the moonlight -- with Bella
I did not have the choice to kiss her because I am not going Bella
On the couch with Nami with your hand on her thigh she says "The way your hand is on my thighs... Busted!"
The walkthrough says there is supposed to be a choice to comment on her thighs where the error pops
If you choose ignore it skips to after with no choice made
Apologies, you didn't tag me so I found your post by simply checking the thread. Otherwise give me a bit as I can't immediately replicate:
1679509604158.png

Edit: Nevermind... there's two of the same menu choices... give me a bit... one is fucked up...

Reactions: jaw1986baby

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Hey man I ran into an error in Chapter 3.5

View attachment 2486277

It came after I returned from the fancy dinner -- walk up the trail in the moonlight -- with Bella
I did not have the choice to kiss her because I am not going Bella
On the couch with Nami with your hand on her thigh she says "The way your hand is on my thighs... Busted!"
The walkthrough says there is supposed to be a choice to comment on her thighs where the error pops
If you choose ignore it skips to after with no choice made
Apologies for the delay, it was a busy day in the markets but I'll have this sorted and upload in just a bit.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
SanchoMod Maintenance Update (Critical)

Links in OP are updated accordingly.

Changlelog:
  • Resolved - One of two Nami's choices causing exception error. Thanks to jaw1986baby for reporting.
  • Resolved - Some minor GUI issues that were bothering me.
  • Updated - various tweaks and polish
Simply download and reinstall over existing mod installation, overwriting as requested if necessary.

5.00 star(s) 3 Votes