Mod Ren'Py Summer's Gone [Ch. 5 Beta] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

5.00 star(s) 3 Votes

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Good morning folks.

For those that are impatient (I won't judge you, you do you), if you wish to play unmodded with saves made previously with SanchoMod, please see the post I just submitted here on the VN's thread that explains the two required steps. You MUST remember you did this though if you later decided to install the pending mod update. I highly suggest waiting for the update for the best possible experience... but again, you do you.

There's over 1200 lines of altered code by the dev plus the "new" content. This isn't going to be a fast update... and my back's still against the wall due to tax season deadlines... so please bare with me.

Also note that do I NOT recommend loading previous saves. So much of the first chapter has been completely rewritten (including new variables introduced) that it's really best to replay from the start... or you might be fucked later due to these new variables not being set correctly for your pathing).

Regards.

Last edited:

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Thank you. I take it from this that light denotes a good guy and dark denotes a bad guy for the main character?
Well, you won't have to worry about these MC traits anymore... they've been removed (except one the dev didn't notice). So, don't worry about these anymore, not even dialogue changes evolve around them since they no longer exist. This is a chore to work through these rewrites tbh.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Well, I have to completely rewrite the patch file since the one in the VN's OP is out of date and I have no way to know when it will be updated.... this sucks... a lot.

Reactions: Λvipray_x

Klopdwerg

Sep 7, 2021

Klopdwerg

Sep 7, 2021
Nope, that's no good. I replied to that poster so they can scramble and see what else they have...
Sancho1969
Found something else and eventhough i read your post in SG thread i can't check it myself, too much a noob for that.
It's a notepad file and i even don't know if you could work with it.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I think I have the patch properly ported over to v4.5 Full.... 1200 dialogue changes ain't no joke to look at one by one. Now, it's past time for my first Crown & Coke so I'll grab one and then fire up the VN to insure it'll work with the new Core mod. If it does then I should (hopefully) only have to update the ChoiceGuide and SanchoGallery. I know I'll find issues along the way though...always do.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Edit: (apologies for double-posting like a bitch)... Some of the old event variables that are named wonky (e.g. "NSIHR") will remain that way since I still don't know what they might do in the future and what they are correctly acronym'd for. This is one of those developers that simply drives me bonkers with their methods but I'm honestly trying here. Looking back at this morning when I grabbed my first cup of coffee I really wish I would have just stayed on the "Radiant" mod update since I'd likely be done with it at this point.... this VN... ugh. I have a love/hate relp with it tbh.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
What a shit show. I've now worked on a proper "patch" almost all day. A full day I don't have time to waste on dialogue scripting. Folks have been trying to assist on the VN's thread but to no avail. I've now looked at over a dozen "patches" but they are all from Beta and broke as fuck. Sorry folks, I'm aggravated because I'm running out of time... I'm going to have to stop coding at some point and get back to my accounting or I'm fucked.

Just know I'm trying my best to fix a bunch of broken shit. I've even applied the new deep-rooted alt-character name changing to the VN. The old one didn't change the event variable stats and choices correctly... this one does (Nami aka NamiNomNom):
1678414425114.png 1678414522435.png
As always this occurs non-destructively, meaning the name/stat/choice changes you see are rendered on the fly. None of the original dialogue coding is altered or saved so it's 100% safe.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
As always Sancho, we do not deserve you. Thank you or your dedication sir.
Thank you for the kind words bud, sincerely. I'm preparing myself for the criticisms though as I now have two VN's that the devs haven't updated in ages so folks are hungry and I've got IRL deadlines on top of it. Someone is going to feel let down, there's no way I can appease everyone in a short timeframe due to the current situation. This bums me out as I always hope to over deliver.... and this time I can deliver something epic but it will take longer than normal. The patience will wear thin after a bit I know...

I appreciate the encouragement though. I'll pour another adult beverage and continue choreographing the MiniStat while I run through the beginning chapters of the remake to insure it's tight and solid. It's just not a rapid process though, so I appreciate folks understanding the situation. Regards.

Rocks12414

Nov 20, 2020
Thank you for the kind words bud, sincerely. I'm preparing myself for the criticisms though as I now have two VN's that the devs haven't updated in ages so folks are hungry and I've got IRL deadlines on top of it. Someone is going to feel let down, there's no way I can appease everyone in a short timeframe due to the current situation. This bums me out as I always hope to over deliver.... and this time I can deliver something epic but it will take longer than normal. The patience will wear thin after a bit I know...

I appreciate the encouragement though. I'll pour another adult beverage and continue choreographing the MiniStat while I run through the beginning chapters of the remake to insure it's tight and solid. It's just not a rapid process though, so I appreciate folks understanding the situation. Regards.
I hope u dont get too stressed with this and take care of your health brother we truly appreciate what your doing

Reactions: BigBang78

colombeen

Modder
Jul 16, 2021
IRL stuff always takes precedence over mod updating. Just do what you have to do, we can wait :)

Joratox

Sep 1, 2018
Do things at your own pace and don't skip on the taxes, they are a bitch. We can wait some more, no worries

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I'm a bit confused regarding later Ch4.5 event variables - There's one named "Foursome" that can be awarded if the MC does NOT date Vic or Mila (rejects both). I won't spoil anything but it's honestly not fleshed out quite enough by the dev for me to know whether it's a true "Path" or simply a variable used on "date night".

I'm temporarily marking it in the ChoiceGuide at these two major suggested saving points:
SG SM B03a0.jpg SG SM B03a1.jpg

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Just a quick update on progress.

I've taken breaks from "spreadsheet overload" to keep working this update. For those that don't grow tired of waiting on me I'll have you a very polished product. For example I'm taking the time to fully choreograph the MiniStat so you can just keep it open and it will auto hide/show during scripted events that it's likely a nuisance. This takes time to do proper but I have to got through the entire VN anyway so thought I'd add it as a bonus.

Now that it's past 1900 hours here I'll be on the update FT this evening barring grabbing a meal at some point so we'll see how much progress I can get. Once I get the update done I'll work on finishing the "Radiant" update in between spreadsheet mayhem. That's the rough plan anyway. I'll have the help of my personal assistant this weekend for the cringe accounting tasks, she likes the country cabin so it wasn't too hard of a sale. That'll give me some relief for more coding time.

Anyway, since I'm getting too far into my personal business I just want to be as transparent as possible so folks know what's what. I'll keep you posted of course. I'd drop you more teasers but since this is a re-write update I'd rather keep any spoilers to a minimum... there's plenty of those on the VN's thread so I won't add to those shenanigans.

Adult beverage refill time... I'm back to it. Thank you again for your patience and understanding.

5.00 star(s) 3 Votes