Mod Ren'Py Summer's Gone [Ch. 5 Beta] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

5.00 star(s) 3 Votes

rlduck

Jan 18, 2021
Hey Sancho1969 thank you for doing a mod for this game, normally I don't have trouble with scrappy's mods but for some reason I couldn't get it to function, the SHOOT choice was the only thing green, and the rest was default. I did 3 fresh reinstalls but still couldn't get it to work. Thanks again sir.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Hey Sancho1969 thank you for doing a mod for this game, normally I don't have trouble with scrappy's mods but for some reason I couldn't get it to function, the SHOOT choice was the only thing green, and the rest was default. I did 3 fresh reinstalls but still couldn't get it to work. Thanks again sir.
Good evening bud. You lost me somewhere. What's green?

rlduck

Jan 18, 2021
Good evening bud. You lost me somewhere. What's green?
On the scrappy mod, the only choice that was working and highlighted green was the SHOOT when you had the choice to shoot the teacher, the others were all default and didn't work. Not sure what was going on but I installed your mod now so it's great Thanks

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
On the scrappy mod, the only choice that was working and highlighted green was the SHOOT when you had the choice to shoot the teacher, the others were all default and didn't work. Not sure what was going on but I installed your mod now so it's great Thanks
Really? Scrappy is doing the "green highlight is best choice" thing now? Hmm, odd, I don't remember him doing that overly-simplistic approach before but I'll be honest that I haven't looked at anyone else's work in a couple years or so. Regardless I'm glad you're sorted and hope you enjoy one or more of the features in a properly coded mod. Let me know if you have any issues or oddities and we'll sort them out. Regards.

Reactions: rlduck

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Just some minor grammar issues as far as I can tell. Other than that, it was just a personal preference by me.
Understood. There's a ton of edits from beta to full and I brought most of them over but only by proxy since grammatical edits are beyond the scope of the mod, I simply had to go through the whole thing to fix the music issues and brought most of the corrected grammar with those corrections. There's literally thousands of diffs so I did not check them all tbh.

Reactions: SuntukinSiAce

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Is sancho ipatch supposed to be greyed out in the menu?
Yeah, my bad. It's an oversight. It's not toggle-enabled in this version as it's always "uncensored". That option was supposed to be removed. Apologies for the confusion.

JB08

Aug 6, 2016
None of the choices are highlighted for me. Im only running your mod on a fresh install and fresh new saves. Everything else seems to be working. I went and tried a fresh install of the game with the scrappy mod and that too has errors in bringing up the cheat menu and not highlighting choices. I prefer this sancho mod since all the options seem to work without bringing up errors but still, nothing highlighted for choices.

EDIT

Got it to work. The fix for the scrappy mod didnt work but that fix on a new install with this sancho mod ended up working lol. I have no idea why. I did the Unren.bat on the archive.rpa file (the one over 5gb in size) then when that finished I copied the sancho mod files over then booted the game, did a new save and it works now.

Last edited:

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
None of the choices are highlighted for me. Im only running your mod on a fresh install and fresh new saves. Everything else seems to be working. I went and tried a fresh install of the game with the scrappy mod and that too has errors in bringing up the cheat menu and not highlighting choices. I prefer this sancho mod since all the options seem to work without bringing up errors but still, nothing highlighted for choices.

EDIT

Got it to work. The fix for the scrappy mod didnt work but that fix on a new install with this sancho mod ended up working lol. I have no idea why. I did the Unren.bat on the archive.rpa file (the one over 5gb in size) then when that finished I copied the sancho mod files over then booted the game, did a new save and it works now.
SanchoMod always works when installed as directed. Install a fresh/clean copy of the VN (un-adulterated), then install the mod. Don't do any other shenanigans or it is you who is breaking the install. Regards.

5.00 star(s) 3 Votes