Mod Ren'Py Summer's Gone [Ch. 5 Beta] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

5.00 star(s) 3 Votes

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
For those who can't wait for me to finish this update and wish to play the VN unmodded with the stock lewd patch, see post here for a fix that will resolve it's biggest issue (not letting some folks even get to Ch5's start).

I'd recommend waiting of course as I've made more fixes to the "patch" than I can count already...and I'm not on the new content yet. But you do you, I won't judge you...much :ROFLMAO:
There's another massive bug found in Ch3 due to the phone's code being all wonky and broken. It'll be fixed in the pending mod update so you don't need the below unless you are playing unmodded (without SanchoMod installed).

SanchoMod's Unmodded Fix #2 post can be found here for reference.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Rebuilding some scenes that have removed images as noted here.

For larger scene edits they will only be reverted while viewing them in SanchoGallery, for minor issues I've replace them while in-game since I can easily maintain the mod/VN this way. If I change everything in the VN directly then future maintenance would become a complete nightmare (more so than the actual updates have been for this VN as they are).

This has been way more work to update this time around than it should have ever been. No VN update should take over 30hrs of manhours to produce...and I'm well over that now (I put in 17hrs yesterday alone). I hope all this is worth it...

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Completely rewrote SanchoCheats to bring it to the latest core including better alt-character renaming and StatScreen hotkey toggle from "S" to "T":
1698421079325.png
This forced me to alter the VN's phone's (now two different) messenger code functions to adapt but they were both fucked up anyway so they needed fixing and the dev mentioned they needed to be anyway...so I took it upon myself to just do it.

So much work... I'm going to have to resupply my wet bar for the weekend as it's running dry :ROFLMAO:

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Sancho making a completely new VN this weekends it seems :KEK:.
lol...I'm just sorting it so it actually works correctly (imho). I've been passing the non-minor issues to the dev via PM though, so they know what severe issues I've come across. I'm fixing all the minor things in the mod update as well but I don't want to overwhelm the dev with the little things right now...let's get the big problem sorted first.

If this mod update doesn't make for a better experience for the Player than if they were to play unmodded....then I'm too far over the hill and need to hang up my hat. But I jest, I'm building this complete overhaul to have the game play unbroken they way I would want it to be if I was a super fan since I know there's many that are very passionate with this VN although it's certainly a love/hate issue for all of us at this point I reckon.

Anyway, that's me rambling so I'm back to it... still replacing missing images so I can move forward (which will certainly make the mod a much larger DL but I'm using compressed images to minimize the burden)...

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Ugh..."Mia" just dropped an update... I'm under some serious pressure here now. I have to get this mess of a VN sorted.

I'm grabbing tonight's first drink after 12hrs straight on this thing today without a break... it's whiskey time, crack the knuckles, and put it into overdrive.

Reactions: jkjkjkjkjk

RNasc4444

Aug 16, 2022
Ugh..."Mia" just dropped an update... I'm under some serious pressure here now. I have to get this mess of a VN sorted.

I'm grabbing tonight's first drink after 12hrs straight on this thing today without a break... it's whiskey time, crack the knuckles, and put it into overdrive.
Feel like an asshole for asking considering the ungodly amount of hours you are putting into this thing but...can you give us an ETA, Sancho? Couple more days or so? I'll say a prayer for your liver in the meantime :LOL:

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Feel like an asshole for asking considering the ungodly amount of hours you are putting into this thing but...can you give us an ETA, Sancho? Couple more days or so? I'll say a prayer for your liver in the meantime :LOL:
I promise if I could calculate that I would...but when a VN is completely rewritten like this all I can do is fix problems as they are discovered.... and I'm not at the end so I don't know what's ahead of me. Make sense?

Reactions: RNasc4444

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Bonus points if you can see the pattern here:

View attachment 3039562
View attachment 3039564

I've been going screen by screen to insure a quality release.... this update is slowly killing me :ROFLMAO:
Okay, it's near 0200hrs here and I'm going to shut it down to get a nap (way too many hours straight today on this).
I'm 100% thru Ch4.5 of the rewrite fixing every single bug,miscode,missing image,missing sound/music, and updating the mod's Core to it's latest version. That means I only have to code and fix any issues in the "new" content and I'm done.
1698476386558.png

So the goal is to get this done and out tomorrow...before lunch. I have to start the next VN update so I'll just grab a few hours of rest so I can knock this thing out for folks. That's as good of a timeframe as I can give... I still don't know if anything is broke going forward so it might release sooner than expected or later... I'll keep ya posted. I'm out, take care.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
... and good morning...ugh,

it's almost 1000hrs and I'm just now getting up (didn't finally shut it down until 0300hrs). I'm sippin' the first cup of coffee. I don't think I'll make the "before lunch" goal I set as that's 2hrs away. I'll start getting my ducks in a row and firing everything up...

5.00 star(s) 3 Votes