Mortarion

Donor
Oct 22, 2017
I created a project for the game and done a quick search for it and found it in the following locations and file (except the default I highlighted in red which was what I added to counter this problem). The variable is only ever set in REPLAY code, and as i suspected, it is set inside a menu which is bad practice (unless he used to have it properly defined as you said), but it only took me literally a few seconds to find all instances of it...

View attachment 2485067

Don't know where to report this to, but perhaps someone else can <shrug> the above image should help. I guess if you were talking to NAMI in t he bathroom and you have a choice of who you liked, if you said "Mila" she would become your wing-Nami, but as you said, that was removed, except for the replay code and other instances. In the ATOM editor you can press CTRL+SHIFT+F (Find Menu and Find In Project) to find all instances of any text in the entire project (handy).
Hi, i have snd you a DM about this stuff.

But before I start to harass Ocean about this stuff can I ask you what version from SG you are playing? Is it from the release day of 4.5Full? I'm asking because there was a fixed version released a couple of days later on Patreon as well on SS.

/e

The torrents on RPDL - see my signature - have the lastest fixed version from Ocean. I don't know if the fixed version has made it into the startpost here.

Last edited:

Mortarion

Donor
Oct 22, 2017
Something I have found just now on discord. It's about the contradictory statements regarding Maja and Victory's relationship to each other.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

• Sad
Reactions: Meushi

Meushi

Aug 4, 2017
In this case, it looks like the dev may have removed something from the game but didn't clean up all of his files and properly remove all instances of the variable, if what someone else said is correct.
But before I start to harass Ocean about this stuff can I ask you what version from SG you are playing? Is it from the release day of 4.5Full? I'm asking because there was a fixed version released a couple of days later on Patreon as well on SS.
Night Hacker is correct, the wingnami exception is because the variable isn't declared or set in 4.5 final. The problem is still present in the bugix release.

The issue was raised previously and a hotfix provided by CurtimusPrime92 (does what Night Hacker discussed, will work with non-modded games too).

If you're raising it with Oceanlab, the solution would be to declare the missing variable in Var.rpy, where most of the variables are declared. Ideally default should be used rather than define (define is intended for constants, default is intended for variables which change during gameplay). default wingnami = False

As others have discussed, the issues has arisen due to the rewrite of the first half of Ch2. It worked fine as of 4.5 beta (before the rewrite). Previously wingnami was set during the shower scene early in Ch2, but it was doing so via the old method $ wingnami = False rather than using default to declare it properly.

When Ocean rewrote the shower scene he removed the sections which set wingnami, but didn't remove the subsequent if statements which employ it, resulting in the exception when it tries to address a variable which no longer exists.

I believe this oversight is partly because someone else was previously doing the coding, so Ocean is still coming to grips with the code to some extent.

yossa999

Dec 5, 2020
Night Hacker is correct, the wingnami exception is because the variable isn't declared or set in 4.5 final. The problem is still present in the bugix release.

The issue was raised previously and a hotfix provided by CurtimusPrime92 (does what Night Hacker discussed, will work with non-modded games too).

If you're raising it with Oceanlab, the solution would be to declare the missing variable in Var.rpy, where most of the variables are declared. Ideally default should be used rather than define (define is intended for constants, default is intended for variables which change during gameplay). default wingnami = False

As others have discussed, the issues has arisen due to the rewrite of the first half of Ch2. It worked fine as of 4.5 beta (before the rewrite). Previously wingnami was set during the shower scene early in Ch2, but it was doing so via the old method $ wingnami = False rather than using default to declare it properly.

When Ocean rewrote the shower scene he removed the sections which set wingnami, but didn't remove the subsequent if statements which employ it, resulting in the exception when it tries to address a variable which no longer exists.

I believe this oversight is partly because someone else was previously doing the coding, so Ocean is still coming to grips with the code to some extent.
The hope is gone with that variable :KEK: In this unreachable branch, that depends on the variable Nami literally promised MC she'll get him laid!

• Haha
Reactions: Meushi

yossa999

Dec 5, 2020
Look guys, it's not that I'm a big fan of conspiracy theories based on visual similarities between characters. I know, the common pool of free DAZ models that most devs use and whatnot. But don't you think that this bitchy new Isabella girl from the car parking scene looks like the twin of Isabella von Stern from Estate Dominate? Is it just the same model in two unrelated games, or is there something more?
Isabella_ED_vs_SG.jpg

scalvi

Uploader
Donor
Mar 17, 2020
Look guys, it's not that I'm a big fan of conspiracy theories based on visual similarities between characters. I know, the common pool of free DAZ models that most devs use and whatnot. But don't you think that this bitchy new Isabella girl from the car parking scene looks like the twin of Isabella von Stern from Estate Dominate? Is it just the same model in two unrelated games, or is there something more?
View attachment 2487349
1679509944312.png
1679509970082.png

Old Man Al

Jan 18, 2022
View attachment 2487349
If so, it only shows what an outstanding job Ocean is doing. That's day and night.

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Something wicked this way comes....

SanchoMod proudly presents (includes new Core v7):
Summer's Gone Multi-Mod Fully Taxed Edition (Chapter 4.5 Update)
View attachment 2465382
Go get you some.
( Simply click on the banner image above )
Please enjoy. Mod core is updated to the latest v7a with even more features. I hope you find at least one feature beneficial to your experience. Remember absolutely everything can be toggled on/off as desired and on the fly. Complete information and exhaustive previews can be found on the mod's thread (simply click the banner above). Regards and be well.

- Sancho
SanchoMod Maintenance Update (Critical)

Links in the mod's OP are updated accordingly (link is here since it's still not in the VN's OP).

Changlelog:
  • Resolved - One of two Nami's choices causing exception error. Thanks to jaw1986baby for reporting.
  • Resolved - Some minor GUI issues that were bothering me.
  • Updated - various tweaks and polish
Simply download and reinstall over existing mod installation, overwriting as requested if necessary.

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
I actually corrected my error when I posted about it on here a few days ago and changed my post from "define" to "default" for the reasons you mentioned. A definition is not a variable. It was late when I first posted that and it dawned on me later the error. I think it was because it was after midnight and I was staring at a list of defines so I quickly just made a new one. While define does work, it is definitely wrong for the reasons you stated.

Don Sucio

Jan 17, 2021
View attachment 2487349
The truth is that they are quite similar, but I'm not going to complain, it seems to me a pretty hot character model

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
Annnd... there are a couple missing images from the game... not a big deal but... I hope the DEV has people properly testing this thing!

I got yet another exception error... and again I fixed it. There's a missing file from the game, this time rather than an image, it was a sound effect "CameraShutter.mp3" that causes the exception. Thankfully, I just happen to have such a sound effect from one of my own games I made. I converted it to an MP3 (I use OGG) and copied it into the "game\music\SFX" folder where it was missing from. I'll attach my ZIP of it here if anyone else has the same problem. Just unzip this and copy the MP3 into that folder and it will work fine (sounds good and fits in nicely with the game as well).

View attachment CameraShutter.7z

Mar 7, 2023
Guys the lewdpatcher... is it safe? It says on the download that there is a virus detected.
And here we go again, it seems that every update these days contain a virus. Probably more a problem of the virus detection software.

If you can download it, throw it in virustotal.com.

The lewdpatches mostly aren't exe/dll files, so not really virus material. More like windows defender not liking .7z or so (patch.7z). It seems they cannot read the contents of .7z files, so they just call it a virus/trojan.

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face
Reactions: kratos1234

CptPiggy

Dec 16, 2019
Any here we go again, it seems that every update these days contain a virus. Probably more a problem of the virus detection software.

If you can download it, throw it in virustotal.com.

The lewdpatches mostly aren't exe/dll files, so not really virus material. More like windows defender not like 7z or so (patch.7z). It seems they cannot read the contents of 7z files, so they just call it a virus.
Yeah I know its ridiculous, but its weird this one, usually it just warns me but its fully stopped me from installing it and then pin pointed some weird file that looks sketchy ngl

Mar 7, 2023
Yeah I know its ridiculous, but its weird this one, usually it just warns me but its fully stopped me from installing it and then pin pointed some weird file that looks sketchy ngl
Like I wrote, '7z'. Most of the other complains from updates were 7z too. AND windows defender. Probably wait a month, and then microsoft updates their scanner and problem is gone...

Reactions: CptPiggy
4.40 star(s) 481 Votes