Mod Ren'Py Summer's Gone Decensored Mod [v0.1] [Meushi]

Meushi

Aug 4, 2017
sg-decensor.png

Overview:
Ocean removed some risqué scenes, images and animations in the Chapter 5 release.

This mod restores these censored scenes, images and animations.

Updated: 2023-11-17
Game/Creator: Summer's Gone / Ocean
Modder: Meushi
Mod Version: 0.1
Game Version: Ch. 5 Beta
Language: English

Features:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Installation:

Change-Log:

Download: -

2_z497.jpg 3_m499.jpg 4_ad1008.jpg 4x5_ae863.jpg 4x5_ae1093.jpg

Last edited:

LukeRY

Jun 23, 2021
Great work mate. Thanks for letting me know. You will probably have to redo it again after the final release. Still there is groupchat scene removed in chapter 3 if I am not wrong. Ocean definitely needs to make up his mind. Changing up scenes multiple times is definitely problematic for immersion,modders, patchers and porters.

Meushi

Aug 4, 2017
Still there is groupchat scene removed in chapter 3 if I am not wrong.
I assume that is going to be revised by the dev once he sorts out his code. This one wasn't a censorship issue but a technical one afaik.

Reactions: kartolas

LukeRY

Jun 23, 2021
I assume that is going to be revised by the dev once he sorts out his code. This one wasn't a censorship issue but a technical one afaik.
Yap. That one is not related to censorship. And that's not probably the only one removed. That's why I am kinda waiting for the final version because the game is currently feeling disjointed. I hope Ocean makes it alright. But the code is such a mess. It made my head hurt.

And ahem patch is dead in water due to scene alignment and so many changes. Everything is borked.
The patcher guy from Germany is in for a tough time and probably not focusing of the patch currently.

And without patch game doesn't make sense at multiple situations. When you indirectly hint that game has a roommate and then make things very complicated. When he rewrote the story ,could have rewrote that part as well and totally make it a non-roomate game. :ROFLMAO:

I don't even understand why Ocean is making everything more and more complex. It was decently smooth transition untill 4.5. Then 5 beta. Broke everything. He also asked a different coder to recode the phone again. And also adding new scenes overlapping old scenes code, and removing some old scenes. I don't even know what was wrong with the previous phone :FacePalm:. But some old phone code is still there as well. But old phone GUI is not there. Which is even more confusing. Probably he himself is not sure about the new phone. What scenes will be there in final version no one knows. Ocean is going to have a tough time on final version code. And he can't blame anyone but himself for it. Highly skilled dev but very messy. I will be surprised if final version is released even in January. Probably gonna be February if everything goes well.

Sorry for the long rant. :HideThePain:

I pray for you for your final version mod.Also prayers for the patcher guy. Are you gonna be working on the patch too???Then double prayers for you . :KEK:

Reactions: kartolas and Meushi

Meushi

Aug 4, 2017
I pray for you for your final version mod.Also prayers for the patcher guy. Are you gonna be working on the patch too???Then double prayers for you . :KEK:
Due to how it's designed this mod shouldn't need much work when Ch 5 final comes out. Fingers crossed.

And no I don't work on the patch, other than incorporating the patch version of the Ch4 Jacuzzi scene in this mod. I did tweak the patch script a bit to align it with the main script for that scene.

Reactions: LukeRY

LukeRY

Jun 23, 2021
Due to how it's designed this mod shouldn't need much work when Ch 5 final comes out. Fingers crossed.

And no I don't work on the patch, other than incorporating the patch version of the Ch4 Jacuzzi scene in this mod. I did tweak the patch script a bit to align it with the main script for that scene.
I agree with that on current state if he doesn't make much changes. But you can't trust Ocean and his wacky ideas. Out of the blue he changes many of the things. That's why the prayers that he doesn't do anything else and make major scene changes and more main code changes.:KEK:

Yeah I noticed the jacuzzi part. There was another new scene where a new character was introduced in chapter 3 with bella if I am not wrong. Because I was skimming through the game and code both really fast:unsure:. That part is totally out of sync in the patch as well. It's not your headache though.

Good thing you are not working on the patch. Patch guy will have to rewrite and realign everything from beginning.. Unless ocean does something to simplify things. He easily could have followed the No-More Money way. Just special rel setting for two characters "Nami and Maja" . Because script doesn't even make sense in normal way and wouldn't have been much different if wrote it like he did in the original first script. And could have also decensored it with another variable and maybe some image replacement and animations addon which would have been so simple for you.

Last edited:

Azk66

Oct 14, 2020
Hello there. I cannot be sure, but I'm betting that it's not compatible. It shouldn't break the game though. But since we are updating the same labels, and only one will be used, then if a scene has both a decensored scene and a music restored, then only one of them will work.

Meushi Nice mod there, I did not know about the existence of allow_duplicate_labels before. Curious to check how it works, so thank you for that.

Reactions: Twistty and Meushi

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
Ohh didn't know this existed.

Can I assume this works with i patch?

Thank you very much.

Reactions: Meushi

Kylemnb

Sep 2, 2021
This error pops up when launching the game, After deleting the mod I can launch the game no issues

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
Exception: Line with id Jacuzzi4x0_c18f7a72_1 appeared twice, at game/season1/Chapter4.rpy:5718 and game/season1/Jacuzzi4x0_mi.rpy:4.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "renpy/bootstrap.py", line 274, in bootstrap
    renpy.main.main()
  File "renpy/main.py", line 490, in main
    renpy.game.script.load_script() # sets renpy.game.script.
  File "renpy/script.py", line 297, in load_script
    self.load_appropriate_file(".rpyc", ".rpy", dir, fn, initcode)
  File "renpy/script.py", line 809, in load_appropriate_file
    self.finish_load(stmts, initcode, filename=lastfn) # type: ignore
  File "renpy/script.py", line 427, in finish_load
    self.translator.take_translates(all_stmts)
  File "renpy/translation/__init__.py", line 169, in take_translates
    n.filename, n.linenumber))
Exception: Line with id Jacuzzi4x0_c18f7a72_1 appeared twice, at game/season1/Chapter4.rpy:5718 and game/season1/Jacuzzi4x0_mi.rpy:4.

Windows-10-10.0.22621 AMD64
Ren'Py 7.5.2.22081402

Fri Feb  2 03:22:42 2024

Meushi

Aug 4, 2017
This error pops up when launching the game, After deleting the mod I can launch the game no issues
The mod works correctly when installed as per the instructions.

Do you have other mods installed? Like a translation mod for instance?

Kylemnb

Sep 2, 2021
The mod works correctly when installed as per the instructions.

Do you have other mods installed? Like a translation mod for instance?
I've got walkthrough mod but even without installed the error pops up

Meushi

Aug 4, 2017
I've got walkthrough mod but even without installed the error pops up
1. Do a clean install of Summer's Gone 5b - Extract SG 5b to a new folder, ideally somewhere with a short file path (Like C:\Temp\).
2. Install the Decensored Mod, and nothing else, into this instance of SG 5b.
3. Start this installation of SG 5b and see if you get the same error.

If you don't get any errors, the mod works, your problem was installing other things which conflicted.

If you do get the same error, the only explanation that springs to mind is it's not being installed correctly. Post a screenshot of the clean install + decensor game folder.

Reactions: Kylemnb

Kylemnb

Sep 2, 2021
1. Do a clean install of Summer's Gone 5b - Extract SG 5b to a new folder, ideally somewhere with a short file path (Like C:\Temp\).
2. Install the Decensored Mod, and nothing else, into this instance of SG 5b.
3. Start this installation of SG 5b and see if you get the same error.

If you don't get any errors, the mod works, your problem was installing other things which conflicted.

If you do get the same error, the only explanation that springs to mind is it's not being installed correctly. Post a screenshot of the clean install + decensor game folder.
Thanks but I'll worry about it next time I do a playthrough, I started it without the mod and I'm too far ahead now to bother reinstalling the whole thing