Mod Ren'Py Summertime Saga Naughty Tribute Mod [srksrk 68]

4.80 star(s) 13 Votes

Games&Games

May 7, 2023
Hello, I got this error when I tried to open the game, could anyone help me?

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While parsing C:\Users\Teste\SummertimeSaga-0-20-16-pc/game/scripts/01TributeModConfig.rpy.
File "game/scripts/01TributeModConfig.rpy", line 835, in <module>
raise Exception(details_follow)
Exception:

****************************************************************************************************

### Naughty Tribute Mod game_overrides found in C:\Users\Teste\SummertimeSaga-0-20-16-pc\game. Must be in C:\Users\Teste\SummertimeSaga-0-20-16-pc ###

Hint: This is not a problem with the mod but with how you installed it.
Solution: Check your installation.

****************************************************************************************************

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "C:\Users\Teste\SummertimeSaga-0-20-16-pc\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 316, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "C:\Users\Teste\SummertimeSaga-0-20-16-pc\renpy\main.py", line 419, in main
renpy.game.script.load_script() # sets renpy.game.script.
File "C:\Users\Teste\SummertimeSaga-0-20-16-pc\renpy\script.py", line 275, in load_script
self.load_appropriate_file(".rpyc", ".rpy", dir, fn, initcode)
File "C:\Users\Teste\SummertimeSaga-0-20-16-pc\renpy\script.py", line 779, in load_appropriate_file
self.finish_load(stmts, initcode, filename=lastfn)
File "C:\Users\Teste\SummertimeSaga-0-20-16-pc\renpy\script.py", line 468, in finish_load
node.early_execute()
File "C:\Users\Teste\SummertimeSaga-0-20-16-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 971, in early_execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "C:\Users\Teste\SummertimeSaga-0-20-16-pc\renpy\python.py", line 2028, in py_exec_bytecode
exec bytecode in globals, locals
File "game/scripts/01TributeModConfig.rpy", line 835, in <module>
raise Exception(details_follow)
Exception:

### Naughty Tribute Mod game_overrides found in C:\Users\Teste\SummertimeSaga-0-20-16-pc\game. Must be in C:\Users\Teste\SummertimeSaga-0-20-16-pc ###

Chrisdarock19

Oct 15, 2018
Hello, I got this error when I tried to open the game, could anyone help me?

The error LITERALLY spells out the problem.
MOVE the game_overrides found in C:\Users\Teste\SummertimeSaga-0-20-16-pc\game. Must be in C:\Users\Teste\SummertimeSaga-0-20-16-pc

In other words move the underlined folder to the same place as the summertimesaga.exe

Games&Games

May 7, 2023
The error LITERALLY spells out the problem.
MOVE the game_overrides found in C:\Users\Teste\SummertimeSaga-0-20-16-pc\game. Must be in C:\Users\Teste\SummertimeSaga-0-20-16-pc

In other words move the underlined folder to the same place as the summertimesaga.exe
It worked, thanks for the help

Reactions: zaxrider29

Games&Games

May 7, 2023
Hello, I made a translation for this game called "PortuguesBR", along with this mod, the problem is that every time I enter the game I have to go to the mod and activate the translation, wouldn't there be a mode that when I start the game? game translation was already activated?

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
Hello, I made a translation for this game called "PortuguesBR", along with this mod, the problem is that every time I enter the game I have to go to the mod and activate the translation, wouldn't there be a mode that when I start the game? game translation was already activated?
I guess you need to give your translation a standardized two.letter name. Not sure how that works exactly and what the right one for Portugese br would be. If you attach your translation here I might figure out.No promise though.

Games&Games

May 7, 2023
I guess you need to give your translation a standardized two.letter name. Not sure how that works exactly and what the right one for Portugese br would be. If you attach your translation here I might figure out.No promise though.
Thanks for the help, but I already managed to solve the problem with the people on discord who do translation, I just had to put these two files in the game folder: force_language.rpy and translation_decoy.rpy which made the translation work directly

Sothyr

May 26, 2019
Hi, are you able in the moment to unpack the rpa files and decompile the rpyc files? Looks like the tools I used usually do not work in the moment. (UnRen.bat v1.0.11d, un.rpyc and renpy-8.2.1-sdk)

Sothyr

May 26, 2019
I would not touch the game in the moment, too. Normally. Someone asked how to get the identifiers of the text lines. Only reason why I tested the new version and found out that it doesn't work in the moment.

And for me is the game playable after your mod is ready. :) But it was clear for me that this will not be a small task to update your mod as soon the full tech update is out.

Thanks for the answer.

TimeTravelerLost

Jun 8, 2024
My mac isn't allowing write access to SS even with Full Disk Access, could someone give me a copy of their Naughty Tribute Mod Config.txt file so I can try to modify it myself?

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
My mac isn't allowing write access to SS even with Full Disk Access, could someone give me a copy of their Naughty Tribute Mod Config.txt file so I can try to modify it myself?
I did not include it in the archive? Strange. Here it is. Extract and put it inside the /game folder. However, I do not know if Mac OS can deal with Windows line breaks properly. Maybe you have to convert it to Mac format.

RiamMar

One Hand Clapping, Heart of the Keyforge
Modder
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2017
Hi, are you able in the moment to unpack the rpa files and decompile the rpyc files? Looks like the tools I used usually do not work in the moment. (UnRen.bat v1.0.11d, un.rpyc and renpy-8.2.1-sdk)
You can try rpaExtract.

The old version didn't work for some time, but the latest version works with Ren'Py 8.2.1 games just fine. (right click the rpa and "Open With" and search for the exe you placed in your "tools folder" and "always open with"; after that you can just double-click RPAs and it extract it in place.)

It's "name your price", so you could click "just take me to the downloads", if you don't have the money to support them.

For unrpyc, I wrote a script that uses the original unrpyc ( ).
You'll need python installed, obviously. The script I wrote you can get here ( ).
You will need to edit the first line (with any text editor) to adjust the path to the unrpyc.py file. The script itself will ask you for the path to the rpyc files (copy'n'paste the game folder path from the file explorer "URL bar" of "Copy as path" on the right click menu on the game folder [might be a win11 feature]), confirm and the script will unrpyc all the rpyc files in that folder and all subfolders, recursively; the script expects python path to be in your PATH variable.

Alternatively, you could try the Unren for all here from the zone. I used it first, when unren stopped working amd it was updated in Febuary, so it might work with the latest Ren'Py games.

There's also an online version of , I used from time to time.

ronnel baltazar

Nov 1, 2018
hi guys, im an android user and having an error, someone please help

```
I'm sorry, but errors were detected in your script. Please correct the
errors listed below, and try again.

File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.kompasproductions.summertimesaga/files/game/scripts/characters/dewitt/office_button_dialogues.rpy", line 31: scene statement expects a non-empty block.
scene expression game.timer.image("dewitt_office_sex{}"):
^

File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.kompasproductions.summertimesaga/files/game/scripts/characters/dewitt/office_button_dialogues.rpy", line 98: scene statement expects a non-empty block.
^

File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.kompasproductions.summertimesaga/files/game/scripts/characters/dewitt/office_button_dialogues.rpy", line 123: scene statement expects a non-empty block.
^

File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.kompasproductions.summertimesaga/files/game/scripts/characters/dewitt/office_button_dialogues.rpy", line 193: scene statement expects a non-empty block.
^

File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.kompasproductions.summertimesaga/files/game/scripts/characters/dewitt/office_button_dialogues.rpy", line 212: scene statement expects a non-empty block.
scene expression game.timer.image("dewitt_office_c{}"):
^

File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.kompasproductions.summertimesaga/files/game/scripts/characters/eve/button_dialogues.rpy", line 3350: show statement expects a non-empty block.
show expression "characters/eve/eve_overlay_o_chair.png" zorder 0:
^

File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.kompasproductions.summertimesaga/files/game/scripts/characters/liu/dialogue/lobby.rpy", line 243: show statement expects a non-empty block.
show anon a_sides f_brag with {'master': dissolve}:
^

File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.kompasproductions.summertimesaga/files/game/scripts/locations/erik_s_house/basement/basement.rpy", line 186: show statement expects a non-empty block.
show eve a_bottle f_happy:
^

File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.kompasproductions.summertimesaga/files/game/scripts/locations/home/entrance/kitchen/dialogue/jen0m.rpy", line 461: show statement expects a non-empty block.
show jenny b_naked_pregnant_belly_pickup:
^

File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.kompasproductions.summertimesaga/files/game/scripts/locations/pizzeria/interior/storage/dialogue/ano08.rpy", line 29: show statement expects a non-empty block.
show anon a_flour f_hurt behind maria with dissolve:
^

File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.kompasproductions.summertimesaga/files/game/scripts/locations/school/school_hall/third_floor/dewitts_office/dialogues.rpy", line 11: scene statement expects a non-empty block.
^

File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.kompasproductions.summertimesaga/files/game/scripts/locations/school/school_hall/third_floor/dewitts_office/dialogues.rpy", line 228: scene statement expects a non-empty block.
^

File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.kompasproductions.summertimesaga/files/game/scripts/locations/school/school_hall/third_floor/dewitts_office/dialogues.rpy", line 252: scene statement expects a non-empty block.
^

File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.kompasproductions.summertimesaga/files/game/scripts/locations/school/school_hall/third_floor/dewitts_office/dialogues.rpy", line 307: scene statement expects a non-empty block.
^

File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.kompasproductions.summertimesaga/files/game/scripts/locations/school/school_hall/third_floor/dewitts_office/dialogues.rpy", line 640: scene statement expects a non-empty block.
scene expression game.timer.image("school_hall_third_floor{}_b"):
^

Ren'Py Version: Ren'Py 7.7.1.24030407
Tue Jun 18 07:39:11 2024
```

lazylazyoni

May 10, 2023
Someone, can you teach me to fix this? I am using android 14 View attachment 3749923
If this issue happens after installing the mod did you read the installation guide? It is applicable for andoird below or equal version 10 and the reddit thread that was linked for versions above says that that reddit guide doesnt work from android version 13 onwards anymore. I leave it in your hands to research now if there is a proper solution to install the mod on android 14

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
hi guys, im an android user and having an error, someone please help

```
I'm sorry, but errors were detected in your script. Please correct the
errors listed below, and try again.

File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.kompasproductions.summertimesaga/files/game/scripts/characters/dewitt/office_button_dialogues.rpy", line 31: scene statement expects a non-empty block.
^

File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.kompasproductions.summertimesaga/files/game/scripts/characters/dewitt/office_button_dialogues.rpy", line 98: scene statement expects a non-empty block.
^

File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.kompasproductions.summertimesaga/files/game/scripts/characters/dewitt/office_button_dialogues.rpy", line 123: scene statement expects a non-empty block.
^

File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.kompasproductions.summertimesaga/files/game/scripts/characters/dewitt/office_button_dialogues.rpy", line 193: scene statement expects a non-empty block.
^

File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.kompasproductions.summertimesaga/files/game/scripts/characters/dewitt/office_button_dialogues.rpy", line 212: scene statement expects a non-empty block.
^

File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.kompasproductions.summertimesaga/files/game/scripts/characters/eve/button_dialogues.rpy", line 3350: show statement expects a non-empty block.
show expression "characters/eve/eve_overlay_o_chair.png" zorder 0:
^

File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.kompasproductions.summertimesaga/files/game/scripts/characters/liu/dialogue/lobby.rpy", line 243: show statement expects a non-empty block.
show anon a_sides f_brag with {'master': dissolve}:
^

File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.kompasproductions.summertimesaga/files/game/scripts/locations/erik_s_house/basement/basement.rpy", line 186: show statement expects a non-empty block.
show eve a_bottle f_happy:
^

File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.kompasproductions.summertimesaga/files/game/scripts/locations/home/entrance/kitchen/dialogue/jen0m.rpy", line 461: show statement expects a non-empty block.
show jenny b_naked_pregnant_belly_pickup:
^

File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.kompasproductions.summertimesaga/files/game/scripts/locations/pizzeria/interior/storage/dialogue/ano08.rpy", line 29: show statement expects a non-empty block.
show anon a_flour f_hurt behind maria with dissolve:
^

File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.kompasproductions.summertimesaga/files/game/scripts/locations/school/school_hall/third_floor/dewitts_office/dialogues.rpy", line 11: scene statement expects a non-empty block.
^

File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.kompasproductions.summertimesaga/files/game/scripts/locations/school/school_hall/third_floor/dewitts_office/dialogues.rpy", line 228: scene statement expects a non-empty block.
^

File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.kompasproductions.summertimesaga/files/game/scripts/locations/school/school_hall/third_floor/dewitts_office/dialogues.rpy", line 252: scene statement expects a non-empty block.
^

File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.kompasproductions.summertimesaga/files/game/scripts/locations/school/school_hall/third_floor/dewitts_office/dialogues.rpy", line 307: scene statement expects a non-empty block.
^

File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.kompasproductions.summertimesaga/files/game/scripts/locations/school/school_hall/third_floor/dewitts_office/dialogues.rpy", line 640: scene statement expects a non-empty block.
scene expression game.timer.image("school_hall_third_floor{}_b"):
^

Ren'Py Version: Ren'Py 7.7.1.24030407
Tue Jun 18 07:39:11 2024
```
That seem to be some new kind of bugs that I never saw before. Other people also had it. I don't know what changed with Python or Renpy, I am sorry I cannot help. Can you try an older phone?

4.80 star(s) 13 Votes