Mod Ren'Py Summertime Saga: SPH Mod [0.20.16 Beta59] [ImTransAndTiny]

5.00 star(s) 14 Votes

ImTransAndTiny

May 1, 2020
When I started modding this game, one of the first things I did was add more dialog to trans Eve's coming out scene. Coming out, for anything, is a big deal! It's particularly difficult for trans people because there's so much ignorance and misinformation about them. Most games are written by straight, cisgender males, so I decided to use the opportunity to add a trans perspective and throw in a bit of educational content.

It's impossible that Anon doesn't want to ask Eve about her transition and what being trans means for their relationship! We can assume that they have those conversations off-screen, but I want to have some of them on-screen to help cis people understand trans people better. I've already added an option for Anon to talk to Eve about some of that stuff at her house, and I'm going to add a few more. I'm also going to post the content of those conversations in this post, and link to it from the first post. Without further ado, this is Eve explains being trans!

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

betamars

Oct 29, 2020
This is all such a great idea, excited to try it out. There are so many games that get abandoned or unfinished in some way, it would be nice if more modders and devs would take over others projects and add to them, we could see more finished games.

ImTransAndTiny

May 1, 2020
This is all such a great idea, excited to try it out. There are so many games that get abandoned or unfinished in some way, it would be nice if more modders and devs would take over others projects and add to them, we could see more finished games.
Thankfully, it's possible to decompile Ren'Py games to mod them or fork development if the devs abandon a game. Of course, this mod wasn't created because Summertime Saga has been abandoned! I just wanted to add my own fetishes to it, and I'm glad that other people who share those kinks enjoy what I'm doing.

Last edited:
  • Yay, new update!
Reactions: ryuhaduken37

dgktommmmm

Feb 4, 2022
Oh, I forgot to add something to my feedback for Beta 13.
So with that out of the way, I do respect that you're focusing on Eve's 'coming out' storyline. There's so much misinformation in the media and mainstream entertainment about topic after topic, it allows others to chime in with educational information from their perspective. From Eve to Tina's female perspective of having kinky sex, alongside consent, every character has something to teach.

That being said, I'm a huge fan of complex characters. My main complaint of the game is how some characters are 'irredeemable' like Dexter, when there's room to at least give him a couple of redeeming qualities. Wonder if you'll go down that route, is what I'm trying to ask.

• Love

ImTransAndTiny

May 1, 2020
That being said, I'm a huge fan of complex characters. My main complaint of the game is how some characters are 'irredeemable' like Dexter, when there's room to at least give him a couple of redeeming qualities. Wonder if you'll go down that route, is what I'm trying to ask.
I agree that there are no irredeemable people, but it takes two people to reconcile a relationship. I've had to accept that there are people who I will never be able to flip from enemy to friend because they don't want that. I don't know what Dexter's problem is, but I don't think he's in the right mindset to redeem himself right now.

That said, I'm open to anything. What would you like to see in terms of development for Dexter?

Annie, on the other hand, seems readily redeemable to me. I tried to make her character more appealing by adding her to the masturbation list, and I'd love to do more with her.

dgktommmmm

Feb 4, 2022
Oh yeah, I do think it would be a bit weird if Dexter became Anon's friend after everything that went down. But I could suggest him being more of a sympathetic antagonist during his feud against Anon. The original game never touched upon his backstory, and it would be simple to fix that issue by giving him a reason for being a nasty bully. Maybe after the whole basketball game and final fight, Dexter could approach Anon, sincerely apologize and promise to leave him and his friends alone; bonus if you want Anon to give a bit of advice to help guide him into starting anew for the better.

• Yay, new update!

ImTransAndTiny

May 1, 2020
I was doing the dishes when I figured out what I should do with Dexter. When I got to my computer, I saw that you had already come up with a similar idea!

• Love

dgktommmmm

Feb 4, 2022
Can’t wait to see what that will be! On that note, I’m curious if you don’t mind giving away some information - how will Annie be expanded upon, besides her masturbation scene?

ImTransAndTiny

May 1, 2020
Can’t wait to see what that will be! On that note, I’m curious if you don’t mind giving away some information - how will Annie be expanded upon, besides her masturbation scene?
I'd love to do more with her, but I don't have a plan yet. Creating new content is a lot more work than modifying existing content, so it's better if the path to something already exists. At the moment, Annie is obsessed with Mrs. Smith. I don't see a foundation on which to build a relationship with Anon. She needs a "route" and doesn't currently have one. A route would be a lot of work. Anything I can realistically add for Annie will be minor.

Dec 26, 2021
I think it would make sense for debbie and diane to have a mommy kink and for Roxy to genuinely enjoy smaller dicks since that's what she's used to and what her mom teased her about being her type. Just a suggestion

• I just jizzed my pants

ImTransAndTiny

May 1, 2020
I think it would make sense for debbie and diane to have a mommy kink and for Roxy to genuinely enjoy smaller dicks since that's what she's used to and what her mom teased her about being her type. Just a suggestion
Roxxy tells Jenny about Dexter's penis and says, "I don't keep him around for the sex." She didn't have a satisfying sex life with Dexter, so I don't think she actually "has a type." That's just a joke and/or assumption that Crystal made because she's been with two guys who were small. Also, I don't that Dexter was her first, so that she's used to small dicks and has never had any other kind. Being pretty and popular, I assumed that she's been able to have any guy she's wanted, which is why, in the wet dream, I picked her to be the one to correct Ronda about Anon's size being typical for a white male. When she says "That's the smallest dick I've ever seen!", that means Anon must be the smallest guy in school, because everyone knows that she's seen a lot of dicks.

I like it the way it is, where Roxxy has no particular reason to like Anon or want to have sex with him, and he has to slowly win her over with his other characteristics. Roxxy doesn't like him for the ways that he's like Dexter, but for the ways that he's not like Dexter. By getting her off in the locker, having money, not being a bully, helping her pass French class, coming with her to get her cheerleading uniform, helping her get her mom out of jail... so, being a considerate, decent guy who treats her right, he's able to win her over even though he's not her type. Roxxy proves Tina's point that, if he treats women right, they'll be able to overlook his shortcomings.

Last edited:
Reactions: sdibolcrif

ImTransAndTiny

May 1, 2020
I was basically done with Beta14, and then I had another "good idea".

Actually, I've had a really hot idea that I wanted to add to the mod since I started working on it, but I didn't know how it was going to happen until today. I decided that, besides the wet dream after 10 days without an orgasm, there should also be a sexy dream after 7 days. (Anon manages to not cum in his sheets so that it doesn't stop progress toward the 10-day dream.)

I spent all day coding and drawing it, and I've got it working perfectly. I love it so much that I decided to make it the next charity reward. Same deal as before: I'll send a link to Beta14 with the dream in it to anyone who makes a donation of at least $5 to an LGBT charity, per the instructions on the front page. (I'll also send the link to everyone who has already donated.) I'll add the dream to the public beta when total donations reach $250.

I'm cleaning up Beta14 for upload now.

Last edited:

dgktommmmm

Feb 4, 2022
That does sound like an interesting idea! It does make the SPH mod feel more realistic and erotic. Given the attractive women in the game, it's easy for Anon to have a sexy dream about them. Wonder if you intend to put in audio like you did with the wet dream. Regardless, I feel like it'll help flesh out the minor characters a bit more, and their bond with Anon.

valourdio

Jan 24, 2019
I'm not sure how you did this! Did you use a save editor or unlocker? Can you attach your save folder?

"StopIteration" means that it tried to move to the next iteration of an "iterator" when there was no next value.

That line is in the code block for replaying sex in the shower with Eve from the Cookie Jar. It checks the persistent save (which keeps track of stuff that you've done across all playthroughs) to see which "variants" of this scene you've unlocked (cis or trans) and stores them in a Python tuple (called an "array" in most languages).

If the tuple has more than one value in it, it asks if you want to see the Cis or Trans version of the scene. When you make your choice, it calls the scene and passes your "gender" choice so that it can display the right genitals.

If the tuple doesn't have more than one value, it skips to line 205, which converts the tuple to an iterator and uses next() to go to the first iteration, calling the shower scene with whatever "gender" it finds at the beginning of the iterator. But it doesn't check if there's anything in the tuple first! If it tries to move to the next iteration of an empty iterator, it will throw the StopIteration exception and crash the game (as in your screenshot), unless you specify a default value, which the code doesn't do. It also doesn't handle the exception if it gets triggered.

This is extremely bad coding!

There were two ways to prevent this error from being possible. The first was to supply a default value to the next() function, which you should always do if there's a possibility that there is no next value, unless you add a handler for StopIteration exception. Though easier, I wouldn't choose that approach because you would be stuck with the default option if your save was corrupted. The second solution was to check if the length of the tuple is 1 (instead of >1). If it's 1, then it's safe to convert the tuple to an iterator and use the first value to call the sex scene. Even if the save is corrupted and it contains a value other than "cis" or "trans", it will default to cisgender if the scene is given a gender other than "trans". If the length isn't 1 (because it's 0 or 2+), then let the user choose Cis or Trans.

I can prevent this error from being thrown by rewriting the code according to best practices, but I can't figure out why the variant list was empty. That could only happen if you somehow unlocked the scene without unlocking either variant. The easiest way to unlock the scene is through the cheat menu. In that case, unlock_all_scenes() iterates through all of the replayable scenes and adds them to the Cookie Jar. If a scene has variants, it iterates through the variants and unlocks all of them, so it's probably not that.

The scene can also be unlocked by two events during playthrough. One is in "eveX2_bath_eve", in which you surprise Eve in the shower after weekend morning sex. There, the scene is unlocked by:

Code:
$ unlock_scene('Eve', '08_unlocked', variant=gender)
That would be a problem if there wasn't a variable called gender, but the variable was set to "cis" or "trans" two lines earlier.

The other place it can be unlocked is in "eveX2_post_eve". That's called when you talk to Eve on the roof and suggest having a shower together. There again, it sets a variable called "gender" and sets it to either "cis" or "trans", and then uses that value to unlock the appropriate variant.

The error was made possible by bad coding by the developers, but I'd like to see what's in your persistent save file to figure out why their bad coding practices ended up throwing an error. In the meantime, I've rewritten the code to prevent the StopIteration exception from occurring. Unzip this file in your "<SummerTime Saga>\game" directory. This code will be in Beta12. I'm going to try to draw the devs' attention to this bad code on Discord.
Ty for your long answer, which save exactly, the whole 'saves' folder?

Ty as well for your effort making this just for this case, very much appreciated!

ImTransAndTiny

May 1, 2020
Ty for your long answer, which save exactly, the whole 'saves' folder?

Ty as well for your effort making this just for this case, very much appreciated!
Since the exception can't be thrown any more, I don't think I need to see your save. I was curious and had time to look into it, but between my new job and my plans for the mod, I don't have time any more. If you're still having trouble after downloading the latest beta, let me know!

ImTransAndTiny

May 1, 2020
That does sound like an interesting idea! It does make the SPH mod feel more realistic and erotic. Given the attractive women in the game, it's easy for Anon to have a sexy dream about them. Wonder if you intend to put in audio like you did with the wet dream. Regardless, I feel like it'll help flesh out the minor characters a bit more, and their bond with Anon.
The beauty of a dream is that it takes place outside of reality, so anything can happen!

sdibolcrif

Jun 24, 2017
Holy shit, I had no idea how much I wanted this until now! Not only am I into these fetishes, but IMO it actually makes the MC significantly more interesting as a character - he's kinda bland in vanilla.

Plus there are so few games in general that give the MC a small dick, much less make him a prejac... and even fewer that aren't super mean-spirited about it. Love that you're taking a more sympathetic/playful approach. And SPE/SPW? Literally nonexistent from what I've seen, which is a shame, cause I absolutely love that (even IRL, despite - or maybe because of? - being almost exactly average). So for one of my favorite games to get such an overhaul (/improvement~) is incredibly exciting!

So looking forward to seeing your progress, and hopefully that next donation goal isn't far off :)

ImTransAndTiny

May 1, 2020
Plus there are so few games in general that give the MC a small dick, much less make him a prejac... and even fewer that aren't super mean-spirited about it. Love that you're taking a more sympathetic/playful approach. And SPE/SPW? Literally nonexistent from what I've seen, which is a shame, cause I absolutely love that
I wanted a mix of SPH and SPE to keep things realistic, and stay true to the characters. I can imagine Jenny being mean about it, but I can't imagine that from Debbie. Besides, it wouldn't make sense for the women to keep having sex with Anon if they despised his penis, unless every woman he meets is into femdom and takes him on as a slave. There's a place for pure SPH games, but it doesn't feel right for Summertime Saga.

I believe the things that Tina is telling Anon. Men usually have a good idea of a woman's breast size before the relationship becomes sexual, but women usually can't tell anything about a man's size or stamina in advance. What do you do when you really like someone and then find out that they have a condition that could affect your enjoyment of sex with them? You can give up on them, or you can find ways to make the best of it. It seems like almost everyone finds love eventually, so there must be hope for the little guys and the prejacs!

I also agree that the original MC is a bit bland. He doesn't really need to develop a personality when life is so easy for him. The guy can get laid based on word of mouth about his penis!

Last edited:
5.00 star(s) 14 Votes