Mod Ren'Py Summertime Saga: SPH Mod [0.20.16 Beta59] [ImTransAndTiny]

5.00 star(s) 14 Votes

ImTransAndTiny

May 1, 2020
Something has been bugging me since I started making this mod. I open an image in GIMP, make a change (or don't), and save the file, and the file size would increase somewhere between 3x and 4x. Telling GIMP not to include the metadata didn't help very much. A file would go from 51 KB to 176 KB, even if I had removed something!

It could be that GIMP isn't good at PNG compression, so I tried running the images through TruePNG and pngout with the most aggressive settings, which took a very long time and only reduced the file size by 10%. It took so much time for so little reward that I haven't bothered doing it. But it didn't make sense. These are the best PNG optimizers out there. Was GIMP putting something into the file that PNG optimizers couldn't remove? What the hell was going on?

I ran one of the game images through an image analyzer today and discovered that the files aren't actually PNG! They're WebP, renamed with a .png extension. They aren't even lossless WebP! These seemingly lossless images are actually lossy images in disguise!

I took 115 images from this mod and compared them to the same 115 images from the original game. The modded images, as created by GIMP, were collectively 18.5 MB, vs. 5.68 MB for the originals, making my images 3.25x larger. Using TruePNG and pngout, I was able to reduce my images to 16.6 MB. The files are still 2.92x larger, and it took the better part of half an hour. Meanwhile, in just a few seconds, I was able to convert the files to lossless WebP, which reduced their size to 11.5 MB. That's still 2.02x larger than the originals, but it's a 38% reduction over what GIMP natively produces, and the conversion time is essentially nothing.

I could try to figure out how much lossy compression is necessary get my file sizes down to the original level, but the quality would suffer for it. I'm going to stick with lossless and simply use a superior lossless format from now on. The mod is still going to be big, but switching to WebP will help a lot. Beta37 will be a smaller download than Beta36.

Last edited:

ImTransAndTiny

May 1, 2020
I'll be on vacation for a week, starting Saturday, so there will be no updates from about July 2 to July 10. Don't be concerned by my absence. I'll push a small Beta37 update before I go.

Reactions: KLUMZEE

KLUMZEE

Sep 26, 2021
Enjoy the vacay! You deserve it with all the awesome work you do. Thank you so much for this mod, I absolutely love it.

ImTransAndTiny

May 1, 2020
Enjoy the vacay! You deserve it with all the awesome work you do. Thank you so much for this mod, I absolutely love it.
Thanks. I appreciate the messages of support, but it was easier to find motivation when I could also see that the project was helping people.

It's been almost a month since anyone reported a charitable donation. The $470 donated so far have come from 12 people, so the average donor has donated $39.17! It shouldn't fall on them to donate again and again, every time I feel like I'm doing all of this work for free.

I know that I've stumbled a few times on the content-for-donations model. I swear I'm going to get back to the Super Hung Eve and NTR stuff soon. When 0.20.14 came out, I reviewed all of the Cookie Jar scenes and classified them all as Complete, Incomplete, No progress, or No images to change. I then marked a bunch of them as having low-hanging fruit (that is, super easy to complete), and I've been focused on that ever since, since it's the easiest way to rapidly push the mod towards completion. Everything that's been promised will be added when I'm done with the low-hanging fruit.

In the meantime, if you appreciate the mod and haven't made a donation, please consider doing so. Giving money to a good cause is already its own reward, and you'll also get the fan fic and motivate me to work on the mod.

Last edited:

porkpie222

Jan 24, 2022
Thanks. I appreciate the messages of support, but it was easier to find motivation when I could also see that the project was helping people.

It's been almost a month since anyone reported a charitable donation. The $470 donated so far have come from 12 people, so the average donor has donated $39.17! It shouldn't fall on them to donate again and again, every time I feel like I'm doing all of this work for free.

I know that I've stumbled a few times on the content-for-donations model. I swear I'm going to get back to the Super Hung Eve and NTR stuff soon. When 0.20.14 came out, I reviewed all of the Cookie Jar scenes and classified them all as Complete, Incomplete, No progress, or No images to change. I then marked a bunch of them as having low-hanging fruit (that is, super easy to complete), and I've been focused on that ever since, since it's the easiest way to rapidly push the mod towards completion. Everything that's been promised will be added when I'm done with the low-hanging fruit.

In the meantime, if you appreciate the mod and haven't made a donation, please consider doing so. Giving money to a good cause is already its own reward, and you'll also get the fan fic and motivate me to work on the mod.
Hello!

I have made a donation. Can you contact me so I can share it with you? I don't think I can send messages here yet. I don't post too much :D

ImTransAndTiny

May 1, 2020
Still not available on android?
I know nothing about Android, but I see that there are instructions on how to get the Naughty Tribute Mod working on Android. It indicates that it's not possible to use the mod with Android 11, but the instructions for Android 10 might work for this mod.

ImTransAndTiny

May 1, 2020
Beta37 is out. This will be the last update until mid-July because I will be on vacation.

Anon can now masturbate in the school washroom, which had been cut from Beta36 at the last minute.
Also, Roz's sex scene is done.

James Rabbit

Jun 9, 2022
Wanted to chime back in and say I still love the mod, and It's awesome to see relatively steady progress, and I hope you take the chance to relax for you vacation and take some you time.

I'll be honest, I've been hesitant to post a donation here (or wherever they're supposed to go - Hopefully here works) because the tiers there don't really align with my interests - NTR, for example, just isn't for me personally. But, like, it's for a fantastic cause (I have a friend in the US who went through a rough time at home when they were younger, and the Trevor Project helped them), and if it makes you feel like you're making a difference, then maybe I'm being selfish by holding back. So...

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

• Red Heart
Reactions: ImTransAndTiny

aluacena

Mar 18, 2020
I wanted to ask, since I saw mentions about a cheat menu I wanna ask, am i just un-observant, do I need to do something special or what since I haven't seen it

ImTransAndTiny

May 1, 2020
I'll be honest, I've been hesitant to post a donation here (or wherever they're supposed to go - Hopefully here works) because the tiers there don't really align with my interests - NTR, for example, just isn't for me personally.
What would you like to see for the next tier?

ImTransAndTiny

May 1, 2020
TBH, I don't have anything specific I'm looking for that's not already been worked on. Just looking forward to more images being complete and, when needed, dialogue tweaks.
"I've donated some money. Keep doing what you're doing."

Now that's what I want to hear!

It would be somewhat difficult for me to do any work on images on vacation, but I woke up with a good idea that only required code. I've released Beta38, which adds the ability to masturbate in the church confessional, and adds some Angelica content.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

ImTransAndTiny

May 1, 2020
Will the school washroom have a "caught" masturbation chance like the shower?
Yes, if I can figure out what to write.

Also, I became aware, after releasing Beta38, that you're supposed to be able to see both sides of the confessional. I thought the whole background image was the left side, and we shouldn't be able to see Angelica on the right side. I prefer not seeing her for this scene, but I'll try to put her in and see if it works.

ImTransAndTiny

May 1, 2020
I've figured out what to write for getting caught in the washroom stall.

I put Angelica into the first confessional scene and it was way hotter than I thought it would be. I have an animation to create for the second scene, and I think it's going to be amazing.

5.00 star(s) 14 Votes