Mod Ren'Py Summertime Saga: SPH Mod [0.20.16 Beta59] [ImTransAndTiny]

5.00 star(s) 14 Votes

Aethereas

Apr 29, 2020
The game got kinda updated if anyone wanna try it out Version 21.0.0

ImTransAndTiny

May 1, 2020
Okay, so the Tech Update is finally out!

I lost some enthusiasm for continuing to work on the mod when I knew that most of my work would have to be thrown out when the Tech Update came out. That has certainly turned out to be true.

The bad news for fans of the game is that there's very little content in v21 of the game. That's good news for me, though. It looks like there's only content for Jenny and Debbie. That works well for me. I'll be able to work on entire storylines for, I presume, one character at a time as DC releases updates, instead of the all-over-the-place approach that I used when the game had tons of content. I've completed modding the first day and put the scene where Yumi sees Anon naked back in. There's a bit of a learning curve for the new code style, and I'm stymied by the fact that there's not much art to work with in v21 to help me create images that aren't already in the game. I can't just use images from the mod for v20 because they're at the wrong resolution and look blurry as shit when I blow them up.

So, yes, as I expected, updating the mod for v21 is starting from scratch in terms of images. I'm able to copy over the dialog from the mod as it had been as of Beta59. I'm not sure how easy it will be to port over some of the extra features that I had added to the game.

Given how little content there is in v21, I can understand people wanting to continue to use v20 for the foreseeable future. Because v20 is a dead end, I'm probably not going to create a Beta60 for v20. I'll keep the link up, but all development on this mod will be for v21 from now on, and the next release will be Beta1.

Aethereas

Apr 29, 2020

I lost some enthusiasm for continuing to work on the mod when I knew that most of my work would have to be thrown out when the Tech Update came out. That has certainly turned out to be true.

The bad news for fans of the game is that there's very little content in v21 of the game. That's good news for me, though. It looks like there's only content for Jenny and Debbie. That works well for me. I'll be able to work on entire storylines for, I presume, one character at a time as DC releases updates, instead of the all-over-the-place approach that I used when the game had tons of content. I've completed modding the first day and put the scene where Yumi sees Anon naked back in. There's a bit of a learning curve for the new code style, and I'm stymied by the fact that there's not much art to work with in v21 to help me create images that aren't already in the game. I can't just use images from the mod for v20 because they're at the wrong resolution and look blurry as shit when I blow them up.

So, yes, as I expected, updating the mod for v21 is starting from scratch in terms of images. I'm able to copy over the dialog from the mod as it had been as of Beta59. I'm not sure how easy it will be to port over some of the extra features that I had added to the game.

Given how little content there is in v21, I can understand people wanting to continue to use v20 for the foreseeable future. Because v20 is a dead end, I'm probably not going to create a Beta60 for v20. I'll keep the link up, but all development on this mod will be for v21 from now on, and the next release will be Beta1.
Glad to know u're back!

Reactions: KLUMZEE

mascrispy

Feb 21, 2021

Really exited to see you come back! You're work is really amazing! Can't wait to see what more you come up with ^.^

ryuhaduken37

May 28, 2023
Thanks again for the news update. Your mod makes this game so much more refreshing and playable for our underserved community. Hehe, Your contribution matters...wherever DC takes this storyline.

BTW Fate of Choice is just another personal recommendation while you get to V21. It's not as great as summertimesaga but its a quick play. Have fun!!

Reactions: Northernliger

june2018

Nov 12, 2018

Appreciate your work. Thank you for the mod it has been amazing.

Kaneki12

Nov 5, 2018

Can't wait to see your work on the new version of the game!

5.00 star(s) 14 Votes