Ungawa

Apr 16, 2017
people need to learn letting this fucking matter die....really,sugarcoating DC is unecessary,same goes to badmouthing him...you guys look like a bunch of maso's sometimes....
It's the nature of the beast.

So long as the process is in process, people will think it's going too slow, too much moolah, and too much of everything you can think of.

Only when the product is truly finished and there's something *else* to bitch about will people have time to reminisce about how good the game was.

Just think about how people fight about Final Fantasy 6 versus Final Fantasy 7 or how Sega is better than Nintendo.

Same shit, different day here.

Oriandu

Engaged Member
Sep 1, 2017
Eve's update will probably come out in late August/ early September. And again if you're not supporting the project financially you have no reason to complain, does it suck having to wait 4 to 5 months for every update? yea it does but if you're just playing it for free you're not losing anything. If you are a patreon and you aren't happy just stop giving him money.
Repeating an incorrect argument isn't going to magically make it correct. Whether they pay or not, DC is open for criticism for spending so long on single updates with very little communication.

Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017
Repeating an incorrect argument isn't going to magically make it correct. Whether they pay or not, DC is open for criticism for spending so long on single updates with very little communication.
What do you mean little communication? He streams almost everyday you can easily go on his stream and ask him questions about the project. Most of the people I see complaining aren't even patreons, the people that actually pay for the project seem to be ok with it.

WSmith

Jul 25, 2018
thats bs man, they are not gonna waste their skills and opportunity just putting an end
I hope they will. I despise things that don't end. Sooner or later they all just bleed out and vanish. I hope Summertime Saga gets as good as it's seeming to become, and that afterward the devs make a new game, using all they learned from Summertime Saga to make the new game even better.

Alfius

Engaged Member
Modder
Sep 30, 2017
Question on the Incest Patch...

I have always played the story with the incest patch, but I found that the incest patch is becoming progressively worse.
Especially with the (Erik?)neighbour's mom/landlady. It's becoming so bad that I'm wondering what is the lesser of two evils.

I do not consider myself a hardcore incest fan, but I hate playing un-patched incest games, as the whole premise of these games becomes totally unrealistic. The whole premise of an incest game is the taboo of the relationship and the ways these barriers are broken down in the game.

The whole idea of a schoolkid staying with a landlady and a housemate they may or may not be the landlady's mother, is so fucking flat. It provides no real premise for the game. I mean why would a scoolkid not stay with family? What happened to his parents? Why would the MC feel obliged to do anything, like mowing lawn, fixing plumbing for someone that is not family? Staying with non family in the house would not make any of those relationships taboo. So if both want each other, nothing is standing in their way etc. etc.

So my question comes back to, does DC still write this story with Incest in mind, or did he completly abondan the premise and some poor sob is trying to keep the incest thing alive, but it's becoming more and more irrelevant with the new content?

It's becomming so bad that I'm not sure what the lesser of two evils are...
1) Playing without the incest mod and being stuck with unlikely, convoluted living scenarios of 2 school kids living with strangers for unexplained reasons.
2) Playing with the incest mod, but with the pronouns/names etc. becoming more of a mess with every update.

Sorry about my rant.

TLDR:
The incest patch is becoming less immersive IMO with every update. Does DC still create content with the original relationships in mind? Is the incest patch still worth it? Is the game playable without patch (In terms of immersion)

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
I hope they will. I hope Summertime Saga gets as good as it's seeming to become, and that afterward the devs make a new game, using all they learned from Summertime Saga to make the new game even better.
That's going to happen for 100%. DC already talked about his new game several times and has very concrete plans. That said, they'll certainly have to get the timing right, so as many patreons as possible will stay. I'd personally guess that they'll announce the new game at some point, they'll tease a bit, SS will get one or two more updates. SS gets taken from patreon and is replaced by the new game, DC will release the last SS incest update on his homepage and after that the new game continues on patreon.

@Alfius:
Yes and no. DC promised to bring the incest back once the game is done but right now there's no support for any patch and thus there's no easy adaptation for mods. Thus there's no and there won't be official support for those patches and they are fan made.

I've personally never used any of those patches and for me the game is still just as playable as before. Maybe that's because I'm playing it for so long that the relationships are clear anyway.

Feb 7, 2018
Question on the Incest Patch...

I have always played the story with the incest patch, but I found that the incest patch is becoming progressively worse.
Especially with the (Erik?)neighbour's mom/landlady. It's becoming so bad that I'm wondering what is the lesser of two evils.

I do not consider myself a hardcore incest fan, but I hate playing un-patched incest games, as the whole premise of these games becomes totally unrealistic. The whole premise of an incest game is the taboo of the relationship and the ways these barriers are broken down in the game.

The whole idea of a schoolkid staying with a landlady and a housemate they may or may not be the landlady's mother, is so fucking flat. It provides no real premise for the game. I mean why would a scoolkid not stay with family? What happened to his parents? Why would the MC feel obliged to do anything, like mowing lawn, fixing plumbing for someone that is not family? Staying with non family in the house would not make any of those relationships taboo. So if both want each other, nothing is standing in their way etc. etc.

So my question comes back to, does DC still write this story with Incest in mind, or did he completly abondan the premise and some poor sob is trying to keep the incest thing alive, but it's becoming more and more irrelevant with the new content?

It's becomming so bad that I'm not sure what the lesser of two evils are...
1) Playing without the incest mod and being stuck with unlikely, convoluted living scenarios of 2 school kids living with strangers for unexplained reasons.
2) Playing with the incest mod, but with the pronouns/names etc. becoming more of a mess with every update.

Sorry about my rant.

TLDR:
The incest patch is becoming less immersive IMO with every update. Does DC still create content with the original relationships in mind? Is the incest patch still worth it? Is the game playable without patch (In terms of immersion)
Does the word imagination not exist to you?

Micky69

Nov 4, 2018
That's going to happen for 100%. DC already talked about his new game several times and has very concrete plans. That said, they'll certainly have to get the timing right, so as many patreons as possible will stay. I'd personally guess that they'll announce the new game at some point, they'll tease a bit, SS will get one or two more updates. SS gets taken from patreon and is replaced by the new game, DC will release the last SS incest update on his homepage and after that the new game continues on patreon.

@Alfius:
Yes and no. DC promised to bring the incest back once the game is done but right now there's no support for any patch and thus there's no easy adaptation for mods. Thus there's no and there won't be official support for those patches and they are fan made.

I've personally never used any of those patches and for me the game is still just as playable as before. Maybe that's because I'm playing it for so long that the relationships are clear anyway.
Damn, I was hoping they would go on longer instead of starting a new game. Could someone answer this: Where can we send ideas for the main story? I have the mafia plot in mind.

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
Damn, I was hoping they would go on longer instead of starting a new game. Could someone answer this: Where can we send ideas for the main story? I have the mafia plot in mind.
Well, it's not like they'll stop within the next 2 years, but once all the relevant stuff is done, there'll be an end at some point. If you want to contact DC, discord is likely the best way to send ideas.

Alfius

Engaged Member
Modder
Sep 30, 2017
@Alfius:

Thanks, it's kind of what I suspected. I was just not sure If in DC's mind this was still an incest game or if he embraced the new ties between the characters and in the process is writing his future content without any family ties.

Confirmation that he still want to patch it himself makes it clear that the family ties is still relevant. Using first names for the characters kind of does the trick, bit I find it really grating with or without the patch for the neighbour's(Erik? I think) arc.

It's either convoluted trying to explain the relationship without the patch or it's just not well done with the patch.

4.20 star(s) 337 Votes