McSlut

Aug 12, 2018
love how this thread gets moderated.
insulting drive by shitposts like "DC is lazy, greedy, a scammer" = totally ok
telling complainers to get some perspective = deleted after a minute

i wonder if the complaining gets more attention to this and that's why that shit isn't getting deleted because i see no other reason

Reactions: Sync

bas

retired
Respected User
Donor
Former Staff
May 6, 2017
love how this thread gets moderated.
insulting drive by shitposts like "DC is lazy, greedy, a scammer" = totally ok
telling complainers to get some perspective = deleted after a minute

i wonder if the complaining gets more attention to this and that's why that shit isn't getting deleted because i see no other reason
Reason: Opinions are fine, attacks are not.

Around 80% of this thread (and every other thread on this forum) between updates are the exact same 4 messages posted over and over in no particular order:
  1. "when's the next update? I can't be bothered to read the post directly above mine"
  2. "dev is a scammer/milker/lazy/worse-than-hitler" etc.
  3. "no he's not"
  4. "if you don't support the game on Patreon, you aren't allowed an opinion."
And while all of this gets old to read really quick, none of it is against the forum rules so long as it isn't a personal attack which includes insults, name-calling, etc. The tricky part is #2, which is really hard to moderate since we want people to be able to post their opinions on development, and that's not possible if you're deleting everything that might be mean to a dev.

Hope this makes sense?

Automata

Apr 10, 2017
Just curious as to how the incest patches get produced? I get that the wording for old storylines can be pulled from old releases, but what about new content? Is someone just manually going through the game text and updating it off their best guess? Is the content originally being written with incest, then removed to adhere to Patreon guidelines, then patched back in as a third party mod? How long does it normally take after a release for the mod to appear?

I ask obviously because Jenny is the next patch, and I'd like to play the new content as it was originally meant to be played.
We don't know. However, we assume it's written with incest in mind since supposedly when Summertime is done and patreon funds aren't being used for, it's going to be patched by the devs to reintroduce it.

Reactions: HB38

McSlut

Aug 12, 2018
Reason: Opinions are fine, attacks are not.

Around 80% of this thread (and every other thread on this forum) between updates are the exact same 4 messages posted over and over in no particular order:
  1. "when's the next update? I can't be bothered to read the post directly above mine"
  2. "dev is a scammer/milker/lazy/worse-than-hitler" etc.
  3. "no he's not"
  4. "if you don't support the game on Patreon, you aren't allowed an opinion."
And while all of this gets old to read really quick, none of it is against the forum rules so long as it isn't a personal attack which includes insults, name-calling, etc. The tricky part is #2, which is really hard to moderate since we want people to be able to post their opinions on development, and that's not possible if you're deleting everything that might be mean to a dev.

Hope this makes sense?
first of all, how is "dc is a scammer" not an attack but an opinion but my post was an attack?
really can't wait to hear your answer

also i know it's not my job but how about instead of just deleting these type of posts just make a seperate thread for the complainers? it looks like you realized how trash discussion here becomes as soon as the complaining begins, so how about thinking of a way of how to fix this situation instead of just letting this thread be shit?

Jonboy80

Dec 8, 2017
first of all, how is "dc is a scammer" not an attack but an opinion but my post was an attack?
Probably because it's being directed at the developer. Where-as the forum rules are for attacks against other members on the forums responding to said criticism against the dev.

Reactions: TurtleKing9000

McSlut

Aug 12, 2018
Probably because it's being directed at the developer. Where-as the forum rules are for attacks against other members on the forums responding to said criticism against the dev.
DC has an account here and already posted before so he is a member and he gets called scammer/lazy/milker all the time

Reactions: Sync and TheDevian

Jonboy80

Dec 8, 2017
DC has an account here and already posted before so he is a member and he gets called scammer/lazy/milker all the time
Yes, but are these attacks directed at posts he makes here or his work in general? My guess is that that is the deciding factor. If he makes a post here and people attack him regarding the content of his post, I'm sure that counts as an aattack. I highly doubt him just having an account here protects him from negative criticism from the users here.

McSlut

Aug 12, 2018
Yes, but are these attacks directed at posts he makes here or his work in general? My guess is that that is the deciding factor. If he makes a post here and people attack him regarding the content of his post, I'm sure that counts as an aattack. I highly doubt him just having an account here protects him from negative criticism from the users here.
that makes zero sense, it makes no difference if you were in dc‘s shoes if someone calls you a scammer as a reply to one of your posts or for your work in general

how do you even get the idea that this is acceptable as a deciding factor?

also you are trying to move the goal posts, calling someone a scammer is not negative criticism. scamming someone will get you to jail in most countries. i‘d rather be called a piece of shit than a scammer

Reactions: Sync

bas

retired
Respected User
Donor
Former Staff
May 6, 2017
that makes zero sense, it makes no difference if you were in dc‘s shoes if someone calls you a scammer as a reply to one of your posts or for your work in general

also you are trying to move the goal posts, calling someone a scammer is not negative criticism. scamming someone will get you to jail in most countries. i‘d rather be called a piece of shit than a scammer
Again, it's a grey area as far as our rules are concerned.

What isn't a grey area is when someone responds to another user's post calling them names or their opinion garbage, etc.

If you have any other questions, please PM me so we can get the thread back on topic, OK?

obibobi

May 10, 2017

also i know it's not my job but how about instead of just deleting these type of posts just make a seperate thread for the complainers? it looks like you realized how trash discussion here becomes as soon as the complaining begins, so how about thinking of a way of how to fix this situation instead of just letting this thread be shit?
Chill, you seem way too defensive over this game.

An attack is a personal insult unrelated to the work. With your logic anything critical of a company or developer could be considered an attack. A lot of the criticism is shit, but it falls within the rules, not all posters can be goal standard. I

As for this thread being shit, you're replying in a thread where the only thing to talk about is the long development on the current update. So it's either whining or nothing.

seraphimd2

Jun 18, 2017

try to not overthink about it,if DC isnt giving a shit,why should you?there's no need to stay like this unless you want to see some of the shitslingers directing their comments to you...

RedGlow

Aug 5, 2016
Well since we are talking about the favourite girls, i wanna share my top 3.
1- Roxxy ofc, i was in love with her since beginning and her story is the best so far.
2- Eve, she earned my heart with her old design and i was looking forward to her content very much but i must say that her new design is just wow...
3- Jenny, another bitchy character.. I guess i have a thing to tame bitchy girls. I like her look overall.

4.20 star(s) 337 Votes