Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
Imagine going 70% and going back to 69% again xD

View attachment 1751788
wow. we've discussed this several times in the past week, joke never gets old. :HideThePain:
it's as if people don't understand how thing work: tasks can get added, mistakes made on completed tasks that then need redone, etc. wait til the bugs/issues section balloons and it goes back to 50%
Sorry for the stupid question, but what means "Pre-Tech"?
searching the thread using the search box gives an answer. short response: there is a huge tech update going on (see above your post) involving the entire code of the game, changing all artwork from 4:3 to 16:9, and having to repose all characters for the new dimensions --- it's taking a long time for a game this long in development and so several batches of 4-6 scene updates have released in the meantime, pre-"tech updates", for players to enjoy.

Reactions: Johnny90H30

saibakira

Apr 3, 2020
wow. we've discussed this several times in the past week, joke never gets old. :HideThePain:
it's as if people don't understand how thing work: tasks can get added, mistakes made on completed tasks that then need redone, etc. wait til the bugs/issues section balloons and it goes back to 50%

searching the thread using the search box gives an answer. short response: there is a huge tech update going on (see above your post) involving the entire code of the game, changing all artwork from 4:3 to 16:9, and having to repose all characters for the new dimensions --- it's taking a long time for a game this long in development and so several batches of 4-6 scene updates have released in the meantime, pre-"tech updates", for players to enjoy.
keep always the milking jokes ready!

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
keep always the milking jokes ready!
what milking? :WaitWhat:

Download the game for free from the developer's own website - he's giving the game away to everyone who downloads. Any donations through subscriptions are their own choice (though, the game would probably crawl to a stop if donations stopped - or he would call it complete and put it on Steam to make final bank).

Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018

Download the game for free from the developer's own website - he's giving the game away to everyone who downloads. Any donations through subscriptions are their own choice (though, the game would probably crawl to a stop if donations stopped - or he would call it complete and put it on Steam to make final bank).
Though none of that will happen. Probably ever

Reactions: Count Morado

saibakira

Apr 3, 2020

You know, like a lot of devs do, slowing down on purpose to stretch release dates in order to make more money.

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
You know, like a lot of devs do, slowing down on purpose to stretch release dates in order to make more money.
Your response has no logic or basis in reality. The game is FREE to anyone - from the developer's website, where you can download it ... for FREE.

I understand English may not be your native language - but FREE is only a four-letter word.

PainKnight

Sep 8, 2020
Your response has no logic or basis in reality. The game is FREE to anyone - from the developer's website, where you can download it ... for FREE.

I understand English may not be your native language - but FREE is only a four-letter word.
hahahaha fans strike back, in this topic they see Darkcookies as Deity. You guys are real joke. Normal human being must critize and push Darkcookie for make updates and punish for milking.

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
hahahaha fans strike back, in this topic they see Darkcookies as Deity. You guys are real joke. Normal human being must critize and push Darkcookie for make updates and punish for milking.
I am not a "fan" in the essence you are denoting. I enjoy the game, for free, the same as you.

I am using common sense, something your post is greatly lacking.

Reactions: APoc1

Ebet Ebety

Jun 3, 2017
I am not a "fan" in the essence you are denoting. I enjoy the game, for free, the same as you.

You are right when you say that the game is released for free and that complaining about crawling slow releases on a pirate site makes no sense.
However this attitude is starting to get to the point where it's becoming insulting to the patrons who actually fund the game and allow the continuation of developement with their donations. It shows very little appreciation for them and is clearly exploiting the fact that despite this behavior DC still isn't losing too much revenue, while people keep givng money that at this point is not really deserved anymore.
I have donated myself, but now I'm regretting it and I'm certainly not throwing one single more cent into it, no matter what happens.

Reactions: GucciGang69

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
You are right when you say that the game is released for free and that complaining about crawling slow releases on a pirate site makes no sense.
However this attitude is starting to get to the point where it's becoming insulting to the patrons who actually fund the game and allow the continuation of developement with their donations. It shows very little appreciation for them and is clearly exploiting the fact that despite this behavior DC still isn't losing too much revenue, while people keep givng money that at this point is not really deserved anymore.
I have donated myself, but now I'm regretting it and I'm certainly not throwing one single more cent into it, no matter what happens.
That is a valid frustration for you to feel that way. There are strong arguments to be made on either side of the Patreon model - though we'd see posts about those arguments removed from game threads as being off-topic if mods decided to read each page. Hell, the complaining about milking is off-topic, for the most part, on game threads here.

Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018

Is that a hint of rage I'm seeing ? Did my teachings finally proved worthy or you just found out the thread is indeed a dumpster fire ?

• Haha
Reactions: Count Morado

McSlut

Aug 12, 2018
even though the game is free i still feel like i'm being milked, not monaterily but emotionally because no rhonda update in sight and no grace route ever

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
Omnikuken said:
Is that a hint of rage I'm seeing ? Did my teachings finally proved worthy or you just found out the thread is indeed a dumpster fire ?
banner.gif
RootingForRoz said:
even though the game is free i still feel like i'm being milked, not monaterily but emotionally because no rhonda update in sight and no grace route ever
"No Rhonda update in sight"? It's been stated for a long time, her update is the next after the tech update is complete. Dude.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:
4.10 star(s) 359 Votes